[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dub VS Sub

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (169KB, 1000x928px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
169KB, 1000x928px
Here we will separate the boys from the men.

How do you like your animu more: dubbed or subbed?
>>
I don't watch it
>>
Anime is kind of shit
Japan is overrated
>>
>>37377746
Dubbed, sorry
>>
But weebs are cool.
And weeb convention culture is high tier
>>
>>37377765
>>37377768
Get off 4chan
Originaldo
>>
File: penpen1.gif (631KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
penpen1.gif
631KB, 500x282px
I don't watch any media dubbed because I'm not a fucking retard.
>>37377768
>>37377791
Literally the wrongest opinion ever, anime fans and """fans""" are by far the worst thing about ir
>>
Subbed, everything is better in its original language

>Except Ghost Stories
>>
>>37377798

No anime is overrated. This isn't /a/ I don't lurk there ever, 4chan has other interest boards even if it was first made for anime shit.
>>
I generally prefer subbed, but there are a few choice examples where the dub is superior (Cromartie High, DBZ, Mad Bull 34, etc.)
>>
>>37377830
Watch better anime, cuck.
>>
>>37377853

Yes sir.

Like Forgotten Realms anime. That's my shit.
>>
>>37377830
This entire website still has an emphasis on anime, whether it's memes, references, or reaction gifs, anime will always be a part of this entire website. Saying it's overrated makes you look like a newfag
>>
it's probably my autism but I cannot follow media without subtitles, it's too difficult so I watch everything subbed.
>>
>>37377746

I watch a lot of dubs because I have it on in the background while at work, so I can't always look up to read the subs.
>>
Has anyone here been able to learn any Japanese through subbed anime? Or is that just a meme?
>>
When I'm watching Jap shit it feels weird if they don't speak in Jap, so I watch subs.
Also Western whores sound terrible and don't fit with their characters at all
>>
File: IMG_6461.jpg (30KB, 376x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6461.jpg
30KB, 376x378px
>>37377746
There's literally nothing wrong with dub. I don't mind sub but if an anime offers dub I'll watch the dub. I can lay in my bed and watch without having to worry about subtitles.

>inb4 illiterate nigger

I can read you cuck I just prefer to listen.

>inb4 THUH ARRIGINAWL JAPANESE VOICES ARE BETTUURRRR
Stop being a fucking weeb
>>
>>37378002

I learnt that dick is ChinChin and thats pretty much it
>>
>>37377912

I know, but I stand by what I said. Anime is overrated.

Anime can be enjoyable, but it's overrated.
>>
>>37377746
subs because it feels like there is more emotion put into it, even though i don't speak japanese.

plus i retain info easier when reading, dubs are easily forgettable.
>>
>>37378002
You pick up on simple stuff over time. I was playing the new fire emblem recently, which doesn't have subtitles for in-battle dialogue, and I was suprised to find that I could understand almost every character's lines. Not planning on learning the language anytime soon, but it's an interesting feel.
>>
It's the people that makes anime great, not anime.

Would you go to an anime convention full of Muslims because they liked anime?
>>
>>37378047
>weeb
Hello, rooobit
>>
>>37378047
Great argument fag.

It has nothing to do with being a "weeb", the original voice actors speaking in the language that the characters are animated to will always be superior to an awkward dubbed version.
>>
>>37378120
>going to anime conventions
>>
Subs because american voice actors make me cringe. Some of them are fine but most of them use that over enthusiastic fake voice like it's literally a pre school show.
>>
>>37378120

>That face with no qt Muslim gf to watch anime chastely on opposite ends of the couch
>>
When I think "anime convention", I think cute girls who dress up. It's a thing like emo and scene kids are a thing, but those kids didn't have massive multi day conventions to celebrate Blood on the Dance Floor.
>>
And I prefer subs. Angry Japanese screaming just isn't the same without it.

>BAKA
>NANDEYO
>>
>>37378217
I went to an anime convention once, got roofied by an ugly chick and barely escaped with my virginity intact. Never again.
>>
>>37377746
Subs

Everytime I watch raws, I'm never 100% on my ching chong so I always watch subs just to make sure I'm not mistranslating something. I don't mind commie meme shit since I still understand the most of what is being said
>>
>>37378255

Yeah. It's like sheltered anime kids meets normie druggie dorks the episode.
>>
>>37378385
I was the normie druggie dork, actually.
>>
>>37378137
t. Weeb

Orgiami
>>
>>37377746
Subbed is the only acceptable way to watch anime, except for very specific dubs which are good enough to pass (still not better than the sub).

This is because the emotions portrayed are far more accurate in the native language. It's also closer to how the producer/author intends it.
>>
File: gomen gomen.jpg (23KB, 436x467px) Image search: [Google]
gomen gomen.jpg
23KB, 436x467px
>>37378837
English dubs are always halfassed by the same small group of voice actors. British VA's are Ok, but dubs are mostly cancer.
>>
File: 1495373164767.png (738KB, 647x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1495373164767.png
738KB, 647x1268px
>>37377746
Both, but first time I watch in japs. Then, if it is interesting show I'll try it dubbeb but I am mostly just disapointed.
>>
File: American piggu scum.jpg (117KB, 836x492px) Image search: [Google]
American piggu scum.jpg
117KB, 836x492px
Depends on the type of anime. In most cases subs are infinitely superior and you should never ever watch the dubbed version unless you're borderline retarded and can't fucking read. However, in some comedy anime timing is key and the few seconds it takes to read what they said can ruin a joke, so in these situations I can understand watching the dub if you aren't a fast reader
>>
>>37377746
Subbed.
Hearing it dubbed makes me feel awkward about how I came to a point where I started watching anime.
And 90% of dubbing is by American VAs and I can't understand half of the localisations they put in.
>>
File: mmm jelly donuts.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mmm jelly donuts.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>37379430
And most localizations are cancer. Yu-gi-oh had people dying replaced with the Shadow Realm. Jynx the Pokemon was changed because murricans were too offended by muh blackface stereotype.
>>
>>37377746
Subbed. Dubs usually sound out of place and are badly paced.
>>37377808
This, Ghost Stories is the only dub you ever need.
>>
Good mix of both
>>
>>37380080
What would you say has a better dub than sub out of what you've watched?
>>
I want to watch my cartoons, not read them
>>
In most circumstances, subbed is preferable. It retains the original message in dialogue better than dubs that change dialogue to fit animated lip movement. However, there are a few dubs that add rather than subtract from a work, they are just few and far between.
>>
Subbed is the only right answer.

People who answer dubbed should kill themselves
>>
>>37380207
Not him but I'm still waiting for JoJo season 3 dub. Also in dbz and super that lady who voices goku and gohan is annoying especially in the fight scenes, the sub is just more cringe somehow.
>>
>>37377746
Unless you learn Japanese for Anime and watch it in the original Japanese with no subbs or dubb you are a newfag, a fag, and a retard all at once!!!!!
>>
>>37377746
Subs
>serious/action
Dub
>comedy/slice of life

Dubbed Baka and Test had me keking hard
>>
>>37378047
>implying the school rumble dub isn't superior
>>
>>37377746
Kinda depends on what i watch, i preferred dubbed dragonball but subbed everything else
>>
File: 1496120736147.jpg (61KB, 834x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496120736147.jpg
61KB, 834x960px
>>37377746
> Dubs

People who watch anime with dubs shall be executed
>>
subbed, because most dub acting sounds forced
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.