[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Addiction and Withdrawal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

Anyone here been through withdrawal of any kind?

I've been drinking for two days and I feel fucking weird. There's this air of unreality to everything. Everything seems strange and alien. My heart is beating very fast and I've got a headache and extreme anxiety. Vision feels strange too.

I have one benzo left and I've been abusing them too. I'm scared lads.
>>
Currently going through caffeine withdrawals after quitting soda and coffee cold turkey.

These headaches are atrocious but I will overcome if only to show I have control over at least one thing in my life
>>
You need to abuse alcohol on a daily basis for months to begin developing the first actual symptoms of physical withdrawal and same goes for benzos.
What you have is called a hangover
>>
Shit is not good anon. It feels sooooo goddamn fucking good anyways
>>
>>37369011
part of a hangover is hypothesized to be alcohol withdrawal
>>
>>37369039
Not really, that's a very oversimplified statement. And a hypothesis is a scientific conjecture that has yet to be supported by any evidence.
>>
>>37369011
I do drink daily but the last couple of days was extra heavy.
>>
>>37369076
It's still probably mostly a hangover.
The first symptoms of alcohol withdrawal start when it's been about 12 - 24 hours since your last drink and you feel extremely irritable and tense and feel preoccupied with getting a drink not unlike nicotine withdrawal but a little less forgiving
>>
Clonazepam withdrawal was absolute hell. It pretty much immobilized me for a few weeks, and lasted for at least 6 months. Head pressure, tinnitus, visual/audio hallucinations, panic, heart palpitations, insomnia, brain zaps, uncontrollable muscle twitches, memory/speech issues, the list goes on. I wanted to die, and considered suicide quite often during this time (moreso than at my baseline.) It got especially bad at night, when it felt like I was going to have a seizure at any second.
>>
File: IMG_6108.gif (16KB, 674x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6108.gif
16KB, 674x530px
>>37368945
Unless you've been drinking 20+ standard drinks in each of those nights, you're likely not feeling any actual withdrawl affects. Withdrawl is for people who drink 10+ beers every day for an extended period of time and then suddenly stop.
>>
>>37369246
How long had you been taking Clonazepam?
>>
>>37369496
Couple of years. However, I have read that benzo tolerance can build up in less than a month, and that severity of withdrawal isn't dependent on how long the drug has been taken. For example, some people can take benzos for years and have very mild withdrawal symptoms; on the flip side, others can take them for only a month and have terrible withdrawals. It all depends on personal brain chemistry
>>
>>37369496
>>37369246
Pls respond.

It's what I've been taking and now I'm scared.
>>
>>37369661
I've been using it for a few months now but I've kept dose low: hardly ever go above 1mg.

I think I'm going to ween myself off over the next few weeks. I've been through benzo withdrawal before and it was awful and I'm so scared of it happening again. I wish I didn't start taking benzos again but I am in a bad place and that anxiety relief is just too good.
>>
Eh fuck with low doses of adderall 2-3 times a week. The comedown are always terrible, but I've been doing this for the last couple months with an 2 week long breaks. The pros have outwayed the cons because they really do help me get through work, and in general be more productive. Idk if I can keep doing this cycle though....
>>
>>37369011
Thats not true. 2 or 3 days of steady drinking will make you have some withdrawal effects. Not as bad as say, 6 months though.
My longest binge was 6 months and i quit cold turkey and i couldnt sleep for 4 days and had severe anxiety, panic attacks, the shakes, cold sweats
>>
File: IMG_6109.jpg (72KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6109.jpg
72KB, 604x403px
Me and Lorenzo rollin' in a Benz-o

lmaoooo you fucking retards getting addicted to shit that you know will fuck you up ahahahahahaahah
>>
>>37368945
>two days of drinking
You're not going through booze withdrawal idiot.

HOWEVER

Benzo withdrawal is worse than heroin you absolute baka. It takes months to get over, booze only takes one fucken day, heroin weeks.

Benzo is something that shouldn't even exist. It only is there because of the jews knowing that you cannot get high on it, cannot make it yourself, so it's a cash crop with today's taboo of living high lives for obvious reasons. They don't even consider it a narcotic, so as to avoid people in power from targetting it, despite it's withdrawal being actually worse than any narcotic, for the time it takes to get over it. It's like giving yoruself a mental illness, benzo.
>>
>>37369011
More like close to a week anon. If you drank liters of vodka for five days that'd be enough. The longer the worse it'd be.

If it's only two days, fat chance your body has adjusted to it. But playing around with a week is when you end up with hand shakes and all, if you suddenly stop.
>>
>>37369412
>how much alcohol have you ingested
>i donno, about 20 alcohols
what a moronic system of quantification
>>
>>37370710
They always do that shit.
>will I get cancer
>le over 5 (((units))) or more for ten years got it
>>but did everyone get it that did that?
>*cricket noises*
>>WHAT"S FIVE UNITS FAGGOTS
>offers you nerve pills you cannot replicate
>>What if I told you bad pill?
>>oy vey you see the world wrong, must be psychotic!
>offers anitpsychotics you cannot replicate, that can cause permanent spasms after causing permanent brain damage after withdrawal
>maybe ssri--
fuck society common sense says we're most evolved to drink booze as we've done it in pretty much every culture for eons
>>
>>37370710
A standard drink is 14 grams of pure alcohol, dipshit. I didn't just make up an arbitrary system of measurement.
>>
>>37370938
>measuring a liquid
>in grams
You not being able to buy pure ethanol notwithstanding, why does everything gotta be so hard? you could just say one ounce of vodka, standard 80 proof.
>>
>>37369011
nah you can get benzo withdrawals without doing them daily for months

benzos don't take long to sneak up on you
>>
>>37370649
The point of benzos was to give them to someone for an uncomfortable medical procedure or to someone who is afraid of flying to take before a flight. They were meant for a doctor to give you like fucking two here and there for specific stressors

it's the doctor's fault for going apeshit and prescribing people 6mg of xanax a day for months on end

For instance my vet gives me benzos for my cat when I need her to travel, which is like once per year, they calm her down and she does not get addicted
>>
>>37370969
14 grams is a half ounce
>>
File: standarddrink.jpg (119KB, 700x397px) Image search: [Google]
standarddrink.jpg
119KB, 700x397px
>>37370969
>You not being able to buy pure ethanol notwithstanding,
Yes you can it's called "Everclear"

anyway here is a handy infographic to ease your confusion
>>
>>37368945
It's the benzos fucking you up, not the booze.

Benzo withdrawl is a fucking bitch. Been there done that. Took me almost four months to get off a one year addiction of abusing them almost every day.
>>
benzos are the worst drug to come off of by far
>>
>>37368945
I wouldn't worry. Sounds like you're just having anxiety. Might lead to a panic attack. But unless your story is missing lots of information you'll be ok.

I didn't read the whole thread. If you expanded lol. Being lazy.

Withdrawals are terrible. I suggest to others to not do drugs or drink lots
>>
>>37368945
hardcore alkie here. you sound like you are developing mild physical addiction symptoms, how often do you drink? once the physical addiction kicks in, I can assure you it does not get better, you will only get worse until you reach the level of getting seizures and hallucinating when you come off it.

For now, it seems like anxiety will be the norm for now, then you'll start to get the shakes....
>>
File: 56196412.jpg (270KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
56196412.jpg
270KB, 683x1024px
Who here clean? No drugs, no weed, no tobacco, no alcohol.
10 days and counting.
>>
>>37368945
I would go to the hospital for detox. Trust me, I've worked for the count/state hospital, Detox, and at a rehab program. I too, am a recovered addict. I've seen all types of withdrawls. Heroin withdrawls seems the worst as per the pukes/pain/diarrhea...but its rare that it will kill you. What I'm considered is benzos/alcohol. Both can cause seizures but I had a friend that was in a medically induced coma because he was trying to come off benzos, had a seizure, and bit his tongue off and also landed on his head and break his back. He was taking what was prescribed, 2 mg a day for 2 years. I also dont think you have to worry about alcohol WD going on a 2 day bender.
>>
>>37371424
No you can't buy everclear everywhere, and last I heard it wasn't 100 percent, aka 200 proof neither. Moonshine is illegal in most places and I've never lived somewhere that even sells everclear.

>>37371416
ok
>>
>>37371392
It's not the doctor's fault, it's the government's for banning better drugs. Don't you want the right to choose to take a drug fag? Because if you do, you'd not take benzo if it were all legal.
>>
>>37372654
>No you can't buy everclear everywhere

It's 95% and you can get it in the USA

stop not living in a good country
>>
>>37372707
What drug is banned that's better than benzos for anxiety?
>>
>quit drinking
sick for a week

>quit coffee
sick for 2-3 days, very lethargic, headaches

>currently quitting sugar / carbs
light-headed, feel like sleeping 24/7
>>
>>37372725
>amphetamines
>ecstacy
>opioids
Mix em together in the right ratio in low doses and it's preferable, one would think.
>>
>>37372725
mushrooms and weed i guess.
>>
I guess I'm about to go through benzo withdrawal. Anyone have any advice on what to expect and what I should do/not do?

I have l-theanine, l-glutamine, magnesium, melatonin, 5htp, taurine and some nootropics like aniracetam.
>>
>>37369412
Not OP, but I drank

Friday night: 8.5 units
Saturday, across entire day+nite: 15.5 units
Sunday morning: 5 units

Feeling pretty bad atm. :/
>>
>>37368945
You need to taper with Valium
Benzo withdrawal is no joke
>>
>adderal
feel like shit, dopey dope head. no motivation to do anything whats so ever, higher anxiety
>alcohol
wet brain, puke, never physically withdrew though
> benzo . xanax
took around 1 mg stragiht for a few months. from the street so probably higher dosage. quit cold turkey for interview
instant panic attacks It was like crippling anxiety and sweats
can't control racing thoughts
adrenaline kicks in body is in fight mode
nervous as fuck
can't think because so scatterbrained
>antidepressant
brain zaps that literally electrify your whole body
>>
Went through two stints in rehab for heroin addiction. First one I sort of blew off. Second one stuck. Was unpleasant to say the least.
>>
>>37377059
How long did the benzo withdrawal last?
>>
>>37368945
I've been through severe benzo withdrawal. You're in for a wild ride if you were prescribed them for more then a few months. Waking nightmares, hallucinations, if you're lucky enough to avoid a seizure the mental aspect of it alone is hell. Fucking Xanax is poison.
>>
>>37375717
>I guess I'm about to go through benzo withdrawal. Anyone have any advice on what to expect and what I should do/not do?
Taper off don't just quit

you will experience anxiety, insomnia, restlessness, irritability and more 24/7 for months
>>
>>37368945
Went through Opiate withdrawal awhile ago. Only thing I could think about was how I wanted to die.

You fucked up not tapering your benzos though. Good luck.
>>
>>37377575
>How long did the benzo withdrawal last?
can last up to a year
>>
>>37373865
>>amphetamines
for anxiety
>>37375687
>mushrooms
for anxiety

ok
>>
File: litus.jpg (34KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
litus.jpg
34KB, 640x640px
Ecstasy and adderal in college last year. Ate the speed every day for classes and the E every weekend for parties. Weighed myself 85 pounds, realized I needed to fucking stop.

But goddamn my GPA was great during that. As for withdrawals, I forgot how to eat and couldn't do so without vomiting. My ((friend)) bought me ensure shakes to regain my ability to stomach food.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.