[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, did you get that GED yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1485287767596.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1485287767596.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
Robots, did you get that GED yet?
>>
Got it like 2 years ago. It's served fuck all purpose, I'm still a NEET
>>
>>37362660
nope never getting it. no point.
>>
>>37362660
Dropped out with a whopping 1.7 gpa. A GED is nowhere in sight for me
>>
Why would I need a GED I got a diploma
>>
No. She would be ashamed of me.
>>
I actually graduated.

HS is fucking easy. Just show up and do at least half your homework. There's all sorts of curves and opportunities for extra credit, too. I had so many extra credits I only had 4 courses my last semester, one of which was a gym class that was nothing but golf and other rando casual sports.
>>
>>37362953
Normalfags get diplomas
>>
>>37362660
Diploma, but my high school had us take the GED test at the end of sophomore year and pass it as a prerequisite to becoming a junior.

Not that hard. It could be because Nevada's education system is downright awful, but the test basically amounted to, "Can you read?" The writing portion was a very simple form you had to read and answer questions about, the math portion flat-out gave you all the formulas you needed (Again, can you read?), and the science portion was shit you could learn watching fucking Discovery Channel ("HURRR WHICH OF THESE COLOR STARS IS THE HOTTEST?")

Beyond easy. The education system is failing kids HARD if they can't pass these at the end of middle school, let alone high school.
>>
>>37363009
>The education system is failing kids HARD if they can't pass these at the end of middle school, let alone high school.
I really don't think it's the education system. If someone doesn't have a diploma they must've dropped out which is just a sign of laziness
>>
>>37362660
nah fuck that, ill keep lying about having one to employers, idc if they check and dont hire me or fire me. fuck them.
>>
>>37363032
High school is bullshit and I'd understand somebody just saying, "Fuck this" and leaving. What I can't understand is an inability to pass such a basic exam. It's the elementary nature of these dumbed-down tests that surprises me, and I do think that's the system's fuckup.
>>
>>37363111
I already had a diploma but I had to take GED math to get back into college from flunking out prior, most people there were legit retarded. Like some didn't understand the concept of addition
>>
>>37363111
>High school is bullshit and I'd understand somebody just saying, "Fuck this" and leaving.

It is bullshit but wtf do you really have better to do during that time? Most drop outs just sit at home all day doing jack shit. It's easy as shit and you'd have to try to fail.
>>
>>37363008
No you stupid cunt.
Normal fags cut class and had other thungs to do than actual easy fucking brainlet work and practically get given a diipylomma(useless paper to convince working normalfags you arent a brainlet like they are)

Honestly think about it.
>>
>>37363167
I seriously considered just skipping the next two years of high school and taking the GED in my sophomore year. Could've taken a few college credits before turning 18 or gone full-time at my part-time job if I did. Could've had 20k at 18 instead of 10k. Glad I didn't because of the life experiences I got in high school, but that's social stuff.

I think high school is better than doing nothing, too, but there are totally reasons to drop out if you're smart and productive about it. Fuck, if I had known about the GED earlier, I might've just blown it out of the way as a freshman and done 3 years of freedom.
>>
>>37363008
I apologize for my language. And juvenile terms.
You aren't a cunt.

But my point stands.
Even though it might have gone over my head you were joking, that statement you made is horribly reversed.
>>
>>37363302
The majority of states (43) require you to be at least 18. Lowest is 16 and that's in a few states. A lot of states also prevent you from working greater than part time / during school hours if you're under 18.

Yes, if you're smart about it you can see it as a skipping stone, but the overwhelming majority of people who drop out are just lazy
>>
>>37363336
Uh, thanks? Never had anyone apologize to me here. I feel like this is some kind of trick
>>
>>37363009
Wait, why didn't you just get your GED then? If you're a normie who loves activities and social shit then I can understand staying in for the next two years. But a GED is high school equivalent, it's done NOW if you pass.

There needs to be a movement of unhappy teens getting GEDs to finish high school early. Sounds like a good idea to me.
>>
>>37363404
GEDs are the equivalent, yes. But good luck getting jobs or into college when there's hundreds of candidates that have proven they at least have the bare amount of commitment required to pass high school
>>
>>37363529
The assumption is that you either become a NEET or go on to continue higher education without doing the last two years. Community college or state colleges accept high school and GED as equals depending on your SAT.

And for wagecuck jobs, all it asks is "High School/GED" on the application. It doesn't specify. And once you get job experience that doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>37363403
Still, sure there are debilitated people here who for some reason had odd insurmountable shit happen to them to need a GED but its mostly resolved for yolo swag normalfags who couldnt into forward thinking and beat instant gratification

Lots of people here just, fucking did and thought nearly nothing of it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.