[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did I bother?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: University_of_Oxford.svg.png (79KB, 1280x393px) Image search: [Google]
University_of_Oxford.svg.png
79KB, 1280x393px
>Get kicked out of school most my life
>Very severe depression, fail academically
>Mum tells me to drop out and that I'm too dumb for education past 16
>do it, min wagecuck for a bit
>get fed up, go back
>fail again
>4 months later doing average, 1 year top of class
>1.5 years later get triggered beyond belief when I see past fucks up uni applications, get into average unis (don't bother with anywhere good)
>2 years later A*A*A*A* (for burgerclaps https://www.cao.cam.ac.uk/behind-the-headlines/astar-alevel)
>1 year into uni and it gets more and more painfully obvious I fucked up mainly due to shitty parents when younger

Does anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>37359214
No, that's a very specific feel. I am generally severely apathetic and depressed about uni if that counts
>>
>>37359288
Yeah it probably is quite rare.

> am generally severely apathetic and depressed about uni
I've got this, I can't be fucking bothered anymore.

My best (but retarded) friend got into a better uni despite having worse grades simply because his parents wouldn't let him drop out/got tutors. I know I sound like a sjw but it pisses me off so much knowing it was all for nothing.
>>
>>37359214
You've already posted this shit before, your faults are your own.
>>
>>37359646
>severe depression
>not my fault

Maybe when you're 16+ you're responsible for stuff which happens, but what could you realistically do at 13 years old?
>>
>>37359700
No one has "severe depression" as a young teenager because you have no problems at that age.
>>
>>37359737
I didn't have problems on the getting raped tier, but I was terrified 24/7 and stressed out at home.

I slept with a knife under my pillow from about 12- 14 (until I got a lot bigger than my mum) and remember myself crying to sleep a lot.

It was undoubtedly the shittiest/most stressful time of my life.
>>
>>37359860
I'm surprised you're mad about not getting into a better uni instead of your parents making your life horrible. It looks like you didn't care about academics for a long time and now suddenly it's all you care about.
>>
yes, i do. luckily for me, in my country the admission process doesn't take grades in consideration, but a battery of exams. i went from being the retard of the class to studying electrical engineering at the best school in the country. i still resent my parents though for not enrolling me at a better school and giving a fuck about my education
>>
File: 1448728661376.png (118KB, 330x390px) Image search: [Google]
1448728661376.png
118KB, 330x390px
>>37359897
this desu as long as your current uni isn't dogshit and is like below top 20 then just work hard get a letter of recommendation and do post grad at Oxford just coz you got all A* doesn't even guarantee you oxford if your MAT or whatever your entrance exam would've been score is shit.
>>
>>37359897
I barely talk to my dad, (never did really). Can barely tolerate seeing my mum without wanting to beat the shit out of her (never really realised she was incredibly manipulative until uni).

>I'm surprised you're mad about not getting into a better uni
I ALMOST end up working min wage mcdonalds for the rest of my life, even thinking about that for a second pisses me off no end.

>>37359948

>. i went from being the retard of the class to studying electrical engineering at the best school in the country.

g-g-good for you anon, proud of you.
>>
Fail academically->somehow get into uni?????

Please tell me how you were supposed to get from A to B without your little "wagecuck waking up experience". Your mom made the right choice. You're trying to out the blame on her that she doesnt deserve. You should go thank her cause this is what would have happened.

Fail academically->get kicked out-> neetbux/suicide.
>>
>>37360018
What uni did you get into then? Because worse than Oxford, the 1st or 2nd best uni in the world, can still be good.

What do you mean by average? If it's still Russell Group or non-RG but still good like Bath you're fine.
>>
>>37360061
>fail due to depression (got very aggressive/rodgermode after years of it, not anymore)
>almost work at McDonalds the rest of your life
It was definitely her fault, (didn't think this before leaving home, but it's got incredibly obvious now)

>>37360012
Yeah maybe after I finish here. (although I took a test much harder than the MAT and did well on it REEEEEE)
>>
>>37360118
Lower down russel group. Not complete trash but slightly above average.

Jesus christ I really am pathetic for still being buttblasted about this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.