[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who do you lift for r9k?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: zyzz-5.jpg (48KB, 502x799px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz-5.jpg
48KB, 502x799px
Who do you lift for r9k?
>>
To improve and better myself. Anyone who lifts for women is a fucking retard and should stop immediately.
>>
>>37354909
i lift for women and its a great motivator for me. as long as you workout regularly then i dont see it as a problem
>>
>>37354832
No one. I do it because I have gotten into the habit, and once I habituate something I cannot stop. Hence why I am getting fat too; I started to eat compulsively to deal with depression and I cannot stop no matter how hard I try
>>
>le I lift for myself meme
Yeah...like the women who wear makeup "for themselves"
>>
>>37354832
your mom and myself
>>
>>37355242
Bodybuilding is for normies who just want to get girls.

Strength training is for truly disciplined men who don't give a fuck about looking good they just want to be strong.
>>
>>37354832

I have trouble translating "lift" into my native language. Is lifting strictly bodybuilding or is it synonymous with exercise in general?
>>
>>37355310
It's weightlifting. Lifting free weights. Barbells and plates.
>>
For Izumida, but i'm too lazy to eat well.
>>
>>37355330

O ok, thank you. I do not lift.
>>
for my self esteem

>>37354909
but if you lift so you feel wanted and thus to boost your self esteem, it's not much different than lifting for yourself

>>37355242
same goes for this

>>37355310
just say gymming my man
>>
>>37355285
>No need to cut
>Requires more discipline that BB

I would need a microscope to see a callus on your palm.
>>
>>37355242
I don't know about you. But after living an entire life of being a pathetic skeleton, and whose dream jobs require physical labour, I picked up lifting so I could meet the standards. And, of course, to better myself. Generalising people who lift like this is fucking stupid.
>>
So I can laugh at other people that weren't attracted to me before. It's completely out of spite at this point, like most of my self-improvement interests.
>>
I do bodyweight exercises, if that counts. I do it for aesthetic reasons, same as everyone else. We all do it to impress, the "for muh self" shit is a lie.
>>
>>37355831

Aye! I like BWF. It's pretty fun, especially if you have a playground near your residence. Good way to exercise.
>>
I want to start lifting but I'm afraid to start.
>>
>>37355919
>I want to start lifting but I'm afraid to start.
Why? Also what city are you in? I wouldn't mind helping a robot.
>>
>>37356169
I think I'm scared of going to a gym. Other than going to work or shopping, I've never put myself out there before. It's foreign to me.
I live in a small town and there are actually a few gyms here, but their web sites are shit and don't give me any idea of what equipment they have... or how much they cost or anything.
>>
>>37356260
That's alright. I had the same mindset before I started. The truth is you're just going to have to go down to one of them and have a look. Ask the receptionist about the price, and then ask to have a look around (to see if they have squat racks and barbells instead of just machines). If they do, and you're ok with the price, just sign up. It might sound intimidating but it's a completely normal thing to do and no one there knows who you are much less cares, so it isn't a big deal. In retrospect you're going to think it was silly that you even fussed about it, because it's not going to be a problem.
>>
>>37354909
You want to improve yourself so you're more attractive to women.
Why do you keep lying to yourself?
>>
>>37354832
I can't bo bothered to lift, I tried for a while but I can't keep it consistent
>>
>>37355919
>>37356260
If it helps you can start with bodyweight fitness to get started right now and build initial strength in the privacy of your own home. In the longer term the gym is better for you but if your mental hangups are keeping that from happening and this thread hasn't inspired you then that's a fine option as well.

Go to Walmart or whatever and buy a doorframe pullup bar for like $20, then go to r/bodyweightfitness on plebbit for the routine and you can get done with your first workout tonight. (substitute chinups or negative chinups for rows because doing rows on a table is retarded)
>>
File: 1446386477900.png (1MB, 1281x1113px) Image search: [Google]
1446386477900.png
1MB, 1281x1113px
>>37355399
wew lad, SAME
>>
File: tumblr_oqc9eai4hz1rcs9gvo1_1280.png (490KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqc9eai4hz1rcs9gvo1_1280.png
490KB, 1024x1024px
For her and zzyzz
>>
>>37355088
>I lift for women
Top cuck
>>
File: 1492461769568.jpg (89KB, 960x695px) Image search: [Google]
1492461769568.jpg
89KB, 960x695px
>>37354832
Why be /fit/ when you still don't know how to touch in girls?
>>
>>37355366
>Generalising people who lift like this is fucking stupid.
Tell that to Zyzz McShitskin. Oh wait, he's already dead.
>>
>>37356169
>I wouldn't mind helping a robot.
Savior complex.
>>
I lift so I can be the strongest I can be, so when I see the man who seduced my then girlfriend at the time and made me hate women more than I think I possibly could, I can easily overpower and emasculate him.
>>
File: 1433917297171.jpg (47KB, 500x305px) Image search: [Google]
1433917297171.jpg
47KB, 500x305px
>>37354832
not who but what.to make the pain go away it never does
>>
I lift because I wanna look more attractive and because once you start noticing the results from exercise it's fucking amazing.

Also secretly I do it because one day I want to become a stud (a polygamous male). Though this is more one of the many thoughts I use to motivate myself, not an end.
>>
I'm doing a kidney transplant for my dad in late June. I can't lift anything over 50lbs for 4 weeks post surgery. How fucked are all the gains I've made in the past year?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.