[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots: Ever Thought About Changing Your Name?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: not a faggot.jpg (91KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
not a faggot.jpg
91KB, 500x699px
Have you robots ever thought about discarding your old, given name and Identity, and adopting a new one.

>I hate my name for a couple of reasons. First I come from a family of loveless scumbags that live for the moment and are only interested in manipulating one another. We are not a "closed-knit" family that helps each other out. My family is a family of losers that drink alcohol, buy expensive cars and live for the NOW. That is why my family has nothing, and will never amount to anything. Any wealth we acquire in this life, will go with us to the grave or the cash register of our local liquor store, never to a legacy.

>When I was depressed in my room, dealing with bullies and sociopaths in my highschool years, these assholes made fun of me at home, humiliated me too, and generally just wanted me to stay out of their way. No love or compassion. No "lesson" to learn. We are scumbags. I come from a long line of them.

>I don't want to propagate this legacy. And I think that as long as I have the name these people gave me, and their surname, my identity will forever be tied to this family.

>I also hate my name because it ties me to my bullies. The way they shitted on me and my identity. In a lot of ways, my bullies made my name synonymous with human garbage, and I want to take a stand and define for myself who I am.

Anyone ever thought about this?

A common criticism I get when I bring up this idea goes something like this:

>I think you are just mentally ill, and should see a doctor.

From biblical figures that adopted new names and surnames, to businessmen (specially of the Jewish variety) name changes is not as uncommon as you might think. In a lot of ways having the balls to stand on your own two feet and discard your birth-given identity, to forge your own, is the opposite of mental illness.

I ask you now fellow Robots, ever thought about doing this?
>>
>>37354430
yeah, I moved to a new place and just asked people to call me a new name.

it's going great so far. like two people know my old name but they never use it.
>>
I want to change my name to Eduart.
I will not share my name tho.
>>
>>37354485

Did you only change you first name? Or did you change your first and last name?

I am thinking of changing both.
>>
I want to change my slavshit first name but I'm too lazy to do it
>>
File: IMG_1455.png (290KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1455.png
290KB, 1280x720px
>>37354430
I'd never discard my original birth name, it's so beautiful after all. I've been told so. And I think just as much too.
>>
>>37354521
Please share with us your beautiful name :)
>>
Most people who want to change their names are being silly and usually regret it later on.

Think of it as a tattoo OP, give it some time before you do it.
>>
My family's rather traditional and Dad would go apeshit if he realised I'm changing my name, let alone my full name. The only problem is that I don't even feel like a native in my own country, I feel more native in the U.S or U.K, for some reason. What I find most weird is how my countrymen mainly refuse to change their names after emigrating, and even refuse to accept citizenship, even though they basically permanently reside in said country.
>>
>>37354510
I didn't change my name legally, when people ask for my name I just tell them my new name. It's just my last name with a syllable that makes it sound like a new name. I don't think changing your name legally is a good idea because it fucks with all your personal and legal stuff.

It divides people into the past and present: people I knew before my new name and people I knew after.
>>
>>37354544
You seem so suspicious when you put it that way. Besides I couldn't even if I wanted to.
>>
Like a wallpaper on /wg/, you'll just want to change it again when your new identity becomes tainted with bad memories.
>>
>>37354630
Believe what you want.
You "awaked" my curiosity and I want to know now.
>>
>>37354550

I dont think this is based on fact.

Literally thousands of jews have changed their name (and surnames) to improve their lives and adopt better identities.

Almost every important biblical figure has had some sort of name change. Many christians, muslims, and jews, continue this tradition.

Artists, entertainers, you name it. Have changed their name.

I really don't believe what you are claiming
>>
>>37354665
Umm, fine? Karyll.
>>
>>37354820
sounds faggotty desu
>>
>>37354820
A GIRL NAME

AHHAHHA FAMALAMFLAM
>>
>>37354703
All of those groups have good reasons to change their names.

Not against you changing your name OP, just make sure you won't regret it in a year or two.

>>37354820
>karyll
This board gets worse every time I come here.
>>
>>37354636

>Don't take any risks in life. Sit in your room and be safe from ever making a mistake.

No thank you.
>>
File: Karil's_leathertop_detail.png (7KB, 154x126px) Image search: [Google]
Karil's_leathertop_detail.png
7KB, 154x126px
>>37354820

>Karyl
>Karil
>runescape

This is not real life
>>
I would change my name if i moved to the USA witch im planning on.

Melker doesnt sound the best in english imo
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.