[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do i have /schizophrenia/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1492904105_1420629115073.gif (803KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1492904105_1420629115073.gif
803KB, 500x357px
For at least the last 6 years i have been talking to myself as if i was the host of a youtube channel. I will narrate basically most things in my life and when i play vidya i talk in my head as if i was a lets player. It's non stop and happens all the time. Sometimes i live in my fantasy world where im a successful you tuber with millions of subscribers and dollars and ask people for patron money or start fights with other youtubers all in my head, all day everyday. Its not just vlogs but really detailed thought out videos and reviews of stuff.
So whats wrong with me /robots/?
Also AMA
>>
>>37348234
I do the same thing and ever so often ask myself this question
>>
>>37348273
how bad is it? and how often do you do it
>>
>>37348234
same

i think it helps me cope with loneliness in a way since im always thinking to myself: "we need to pick this up" or "we need to do this thing" so its kinda like there's another person i'm talking to
>>
>>37348234
Plenty of people talk to themselves, even in different voices at times, and imagine living a different life in surprising detail. Sounds normal.
So congrats, you're not that much of a special snowflake.
>>
File: 1470436330402.jpg (70KB, 548x548px) Image search: [Google]
1470436330402.jpg
70KB, 548x548px
>>37348234

no, and i am not sure if this is ironic or if you are genuinely incapable of using google, but typically when you are falling over that line it is anything but pleasant and then it becomes objectively painful to exist as many of your waking moments are plagued with thoughts of being inalienable to yourself and not being conscious of a singular identity but many other identities, most of which you will become accustomed to using to perform for others throughout your daily bullshit you swallow in life and after it is all said and done you return a room in a perpetually horrifying state of extreme paranoia from doing something as benign as shutting the lights off in fear of white noise voices trying to penetrate your ears through gentle whispers and hallucinatory amalgum shapes of static and neon white encroaching out of dark corners and through doorways but only to linger and stare at you like a little bird poached in a nest that is ripe to consume

it did not inherently become clear anything was wrong with me until something was conveyed to me that i found mildly irritating in the form of 'when i talk to you it is as if i am talking to two separate people' and then i proceeded to put some introspective thought into this and i realized that the false person i was trying to be was starting to meld with the real person and that i could no longer play the charade anymore and hide away the things i admonish the most
>>
Talking to yourself is pretty normal

The real problem shows up when you can hear someone talking back and you know that the response didn't come from you, as in you didn't think it before it became loud
>>
>>37348234
start a channel then
>>
>>37348234
No I think that's just daydreaming/fantasising. Schizophrenia is more when you have no control over the delusions and they get really really strange, like stuff that normally just wouldn't happen like believing that if you don't keep solving these math problems that pop into your head you will die or something awful will happen. It's terrifying.
>>
>>37348234
I sometimes hallucinate and believe that I have multiple clones of myself and that they all do different tasks, eg one gaming another working. I also have conversations with them and see them, think I should see a doctor
>>
>>37348234
You should record yourself and Youtube it

Also when you finish narrating do you say "please share, like, comment, and subscribe"?
>>
I have actually done the exact same thing. It suck with me for a couple months but i no longer do it
>>
>>37348672
It was ironic i dont believe i really am skits but i really dont know how to describe my situation
>>
>>37348879
yes....i do all that shit its really detailed the stuff i go through in my head
>>
>>37348234
wow op this is exactly what i do, i thought i was the only one. ill just narrate video games i play or animes i watch as if im livestreaming it to people or i think up entire reviews for movies and shit as if i have a youtube channel
>>
>>37349353
Yeah it seems weirdly common but still most people would view you as weird.
>>
>>37348234
>Sometimes i live in my fantasy world where im a successful you tuber with millions of subscribers and dollars

Why don't you actually try to do this?
>>
>>37348234
Is that it? The answer is no.
>>
The real question is, why aren't you actually acting it out in reality?.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.