[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dieting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1491894184145.jpg (52KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1491894184145.jpg
52KB, 400x267px
>weigh 350 lbs
>try to improve my diet by using olive oil, drinking Gatorade instead of soda, eat oatmeal etc.
>olive oil tastes like shit and I can't cook things in it
>Gatorade doesn't satisfy me like soda does
>oatmeal is bland and disgusting

Dieting is fucking terrible. How am I supposed to get healthy if I can't even eat healthy food?
>>
>>37341605
>olive oil tastes like shit
you must be using shitty olive oil because extra virgin olive oil tastes like pure unsaturated fat when consumed raw.
>can't cook things in it
it's literally the best thing to use for sauteing in general and it is good as a substitute in baked foods.
>gatorade doesn't satisfy me
drink water with artificial sweeteners/add a small amount of sugar to it. gatorade is as unhealthy as soda.
>oatmeal is bland and disgusting
no one is forcing you to eat oatmeal. whole wheat bread tastes good and you can use it for pretty much everything including toast.

>I can't even eat healthy food
you fail because you don't want to succeed. dependence on fatty/sugary foods has made you a weak person regarding nutrition, and at the moment you want to remain a weak person while losing weight which is not possible.
>>
>>37341692
Dude, olive oil just burns as soon as it hits the pan. People who praise olive oil have just fallen for a meme food. And oatmeal is the stupidest food ever. Oats in milk? How are you supposed to eat that. The oats don't even absorb the milk.
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (154KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
154KB, 900x900px
Drink only water. Youre only allowed other drinks when youre like...six pack abs deep.

Eat chicken and rice and beans. Proteins and corbohydrates to supplement them.

One a day mens viramins and fish oil.

/Thread
>>
>>37341827
>eating rice
>expecting to lose weight
>>
>>37341823

Are you using extra virgin olive oil to fry?

It's not really for that. It's for drizzling on food, or simmering in a sauce.

But really this has no relevance to weight loss.

Pretty much all vegetable oil has roughly 115 calories per teaspoon.

You're not losing any weight by eating one tablespoon of olive oil, as opposed to a tablespoon of any other vegetable oil. It has nothing to do with weight loss.
>>
>>37341823
>>37341879

Btw, if you want to fry with olive oil, you should use refined olive oil, not virgin or extra virgin.

But you could just as well fry with peanut oil or soybean oil. They all have pretty much the same calories. Olive oil is considered healthier I guess due to the balance of fats in it. But strictly speaking, it won't help you lose body fat any more than any other type of oil.
>>
>>37341823
>doesn't know how to heat olive oil
medium-low to medium heat depending on the efficiency of your burner. place a small piece of whatever food you are sauteing in the pan to test the heat of the olive oil the first couple times you heat it. heat the olive oil with the pan for the best results/efficiency while preparing food once you get used to it.
>>
Just stop eating OP.

After 2 weeks you'll have lost like 15kg.

After this remember not to pig out because you might die lol.

What I usually do is eat one or two things a day until my body adjusts. Then after a week go another 2 weeks without food.
>>
>>37341605
Breh olive oil oxidizes at a very low temperature, it is not meant to be used in cooking. Healthy oils with a high smoke point are avocado oil and coconut oil.

As the others pointed out, gatorade is a problem. You need to drink water. If that's too much of a shock, you can make a fake soda by adding a splash of lemon and/or lime juice to it, and a shot of apple cider vinegar will give it a kick and tang that may help you ween off sugar water.

Dieting is not terrible, just cut out sugar and lower your carbs and you're good to go. You can eat the fattiest, tastiest foods you want if you can do those two things.
>>
>>37341605

Gatorade is quite sugary. You're not doing yourself any favors by replacing soda with sports drinks. You need to cut out the sugar entirely. Focus on a diet high in good fats (poly- and monounsaturated fats) and cut back on the carbs. Anything with any degree of added sugar is basically junk food. This includes most brands of peanut butter, cereal, cereal bars, sports drinks and yogurt.

You also need to do some calorie reduction to burn body fat. Depending on your height, you might try 1400 or 1500 calories per day, unless you're doing a lot of high-intensity workouts. (doubtful)
>>
NO
>bread
>dairy
>drinks other than water/tea

LIMIT
>simple carbs like rice
>sugary fruit

EAT
>lots of vegetables
>oatmeal
>lean meat
>>
>>37341853
Wtf are you serious? Brown rice is a fucking staple, and white rice is good carbs.

You need to exercise if you want to lose weight. Theres no such thing as a diet, you just eat properly then begin exercising
>>
>>37342054
Rice causes diabetes though. Get educated
>>
>>37342049

Dairy is fine, just not with sugars. Things like cottage cheese and fat-free cheese are good for making salads. You can also find brands of milk with reduced sugar content, maybe as little as 3g per serving.

Whole grain bread (and whole grains in general) are also fine in moderation. They provide stable energy.

>simple carbs like rice
Brown rice is more complex than white rice.

You aren't hurting your chances of success by consuming it daily. East Asian cultures got by with eating this shit with practically every meal.
>>
>>37342023
But Gatorade has electrolytes. It's sort of healthy.
>>
>>37341605
>olive oil tastes like shit and I can't cook things in it

switch to coconut oil nigga,
and if you really dont like the taste (its very subtle and i find it delicious) you can buy the refined stuff which has no taste to it at all
>>
>>37342149
Non dairy milk like soy seems better to me. Cottage cheese is gross.

Whole grain bread is okay, but it's better for people dieting to reduce carbs. Same with rice.

East Asians are getting fat.
>>
>>37342195

Gatorade is for replenishing energy after intense workouts. It's not for weight reduction. Again, high sugar content. You aren't going to lose weight if you're constantly satiating yourself with simple carbs.

There are simple and complex calories. Simple calories get metabolized too quickly, spike your insulin and don't really provide stable energy for the entire day. Complex calories are metabolized more slowly to provide more stable energy.
>>
>>37342135
Yeah all one billion of those poor chinese chinks are getting their foot amputated because of the most staple part of their diet.

Think a little anon.
>>
>>37342253
>Non dairy milk like soy seems better to me.

That's fine. Just don't consume the sweetened variety. Look at sugar content. If it's more than 2 or 3g per serving, then it's junk food.

Also, soy is rather acidic. You don't want to consume things like that too often. You might be headed for acid reflux if you do. Almond or rice milk would undoubtedly be better. But look out for added ingredients like sunflower oil. That's also very acidic.
>>
>>37342307
Dude, obesity is a huge problem in China.
The only reason the Japs aren't landwhales is because they eat so little rice.
>>
>>37341605
Was 350 little over a year ago, 220lbs today.
Start with Keto then move on to intermittent fasting once the Keto kills your appetite. Fuck off with the gatorade and oats, it's all carbs.
>>
File: 551622240_1400282.gif (175KB, 278x299px) Image search: [Google]
551622240_1400282.gif
175KB, 278x299px
>>37342363
>japs eat so little rice

Can we get an angry japanese guy in here to tell OP how it is?

Im not yet convinced this is bait but he may be an angler...
>>
File: 1495110152013.jpg (7KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495110152013.jpg
7KB, 249x250px
>>37342218
>>37341879
>>37341823
>>37341991
You can pan-fry with olive oil. Stop being retards. Olive oil is based.
>>
File: IMG_0980[1].jpg (984KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0980[1].jpg
984KB, 2448x2448px
>>37341605
bake stuff dry, pan fry with half a table spoon if you need too

drink ice water

walk to places instead of bus
pushups/situps for 6mins before bed

I have a big breakfast calorie wise, an english muffin with creamcheese and a protein bar\
about 600 calories plus a black coffee and a water bottle

lunch is usually a doughnut and another english muffin, if not, a tomato sandwich or a veggie burrito

dinner depends on how im feeling, usually 1 or 2 potatoes, a veggie burger or something soy for protein, and a bowl of steemed broccoli with pepper n dillweed

ive been trying to spice it up with rice instead of potatoes, and more salad etc

became vegetarian a few months ago and went from 190 to 147
i'm 6'2 btw
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.