[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me life is worth living

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 17

File: 1407533127926.jpg (88KB, 976x622px) Image search: [Google]
1407533127926.jpg
88KB, 976x622px
Convince me life is worth living
>>
File: IMG_20170524_023320.jpg (148KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170524_023320.jpg
148KB, 800x800px
>>37334427
Pic related Anon.

Originalitium
>>
>>37334427
>Asking this here of all places
I can't even convince myself. How the fuck do you expect me to convince others?
>>
if u kill yourself u won't be able to fap to hentai anymore or eat any delicious food or be able to play ur favorite vidya games
>>
Life has as much meaning as you put into it. It is your life after all. No one controls it but you.
>>
File: smugakawa.gif (2MB, 540x368px) Image search: [Google]
smugakawa.gif
2MB, 540x368px
One word anon: anime
>>
>asks on most suicidal board
>>
>>37334749

>No one controls it but you.

So nothing anyone else does affects your life in any way?
>>
>>37334427
you can watch smug assholes die
>>
>>37334683
not op but I like what I see, got any more pictures like that?
>>
>>37334818
Only if you let it set you back. Sure peoole get in the way but you have to make your will known. Adversity builds character.
>>
>>37334769
>tfw grow out of anime
>dropped one piece and god knows i had seen all episodes until a year
>dropped season anime since 2015
>don't even remember my favorite mangos
tried depressive movies and they kept me more entertrained for a while but lately i just come up with my own stories and just imagine stuff
im losing my interest in everything
>>
>>37334854
Try reading books? Or going outside?
>>
>>37334847

>Only if you let it set you back.

It's not a question of "letting" people set you back. People can set you back. And a lot of the time you can't do anything about it, or if you do, it's only to partially undo the setback.

If we all could just "will" ourselves to happiness and fulfillment, everyone would do it.
>>
>>37334427
vidya and memes
i guess
>>
Easy, its not worth living. Im gonna do it in 3 weeks, have it all planned
>>
>>37334427
If you're asking this question it isn't. That doesn't mean you cannot continue despite that and find the worth yourself. Read philosophy.
>>
I don't think it is.

Those that do have just settled.
>>
>>37334427
Take up knitting and make yourself a nice warm jumper for the next long cold winter
>>
>>37334854
You sound very intelligent, anon.
>>
>>37334950
Philosophy contains no answers, just more confusion
>>
>>37334908
You just lack the will to do so. I have been set back many times but because i wanted to win i came on top. You just don't want to be happy and you are afraid of losing. Everyone has the ability to be happy and have meaning but only a set few have the will to be that way. You don't and thats fine. It's ok being a loser.
>>
File: IMG_20170524_023314.jpg (54KB, 445x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170524_023314.jpg
54KB, 445x810px
>>37334828
OhOhOh! You asked to the right man, fellow customer!

Another (you) another pic.
>>
>>37335013

I mean at a certain point all statements ultimately rest on either circular reasoning or an unproven axiom, or theoretically an infinite regress of justifications.
>>
>>37335049
more please I really like your pictures. take this (you)
>>
>>37335023

This is just a bunch of self-aggrandizing just world bullshit.
>>
File: Munchhausen-Trilemma.jpg (323KB, 740x969px) Image search: [Google]
Munchhausen-Trilemma.jpg
323KB, 740x969px
>>37335105
>tfw you encounter the munchhausen trilemma for the first time
>>
more cute felix pics pls
>>
>>37335023
Holy fuck, i seriously hope you don't buy into these platitudes. I'm not against positivist despite where we are, but this is literally bestseller self-help tier shit
>>
File: 6565354.jpg (12KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
6565354.jpg
12KB, 160x160px
>>37335176

I hear that, man.
>>
>>37335149
But it is true. Every word of it. But it questions your world veiw and angers you so i won't push it any further. I am not your dad and i have no obligations to look over you. If you want to be a sad,stupid peice of shit be my guest. It's your life,not mine.
>>
File: 17 - 1 (4).jpg (173KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
17 - 1 (4).jpg
173KB, 500x707px
>>37335124
Glad you like them, fellow customer. I travel the entire internet to find only the best pics.
By the way, do you have any fetishes? Because I have a vore, an Armpit and two feet pics.

>>
>>37334854
>come up with my own stories
Start writing then faggot. You might just git gud enough to hang out with the cool kids on /lit/
And if that doesn't work maybe /a/ will read your ln shit.
>>
>>37335202

It's the kind of bullshit that people get praised and rewarded for saying and pretending to believe. And those books are bestsellers because people generally eat it up.

People want to believe they can will themselves to success because the alternative belief (that happiness and success are ultimately down to circumstances that aren't under our conscious control) is scary.
>>
>>37335202
Oh fuck off. You are a sad sack and you dont like that life has a simple answer.
>>
File: RWl4M9c.jpg (50KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
RWl4M9c.jpg
50KB, 722x349px
think about all the masturbation you won't be able to do if you're dead

actually wait, that might not be such a bad thing
>>
>>37335222

Let me ask you this.

You think you can choose how you feel about things, right?
>>
We don't have to convince you
Life will already do this ^^
>>
>>37335278
Just get to the loaded question.
>>
>>37334427
You can appreciate God's works and praise Him.
>>
my life has no meaning, but i do not want to die.
>>
>>37335300

No, because I'm trying to pin down your position.

Either you think we can choose how you feel about things, or you don't.

The in-between milquetoast option would be "you can choose how you feel about some things, but not others", but this would raise the question as to how you can know whether someone else can choose to feel good about X or bad about X or neutral towards X, or whether that other person is in a position where they can't choose how they feel. How would you even be able to tell whether it was a choosable-feeling situation or a set-feeling situation?
>>
>>37335227
heres your (you). please post a feet pic
>>
>>37335269
Keep deluded yourself. Doesn't seem to have helped you though, considering your whiny hostility.

I guess children have childish beliefs
>>
>>37335392
Yeah feet here isn't exactly the Main focus but there litteraly isn't anything better.

>>
>>37335352
All the variables are based upon a persons natural disposition,which they learn throough out there lives. Everything is a choice that a person makes,right down to their feelings.
>>
>>37335431
nice, thanks! heres another (you) for another pic
>>
>>37335410
Bottom line is i am happier than you because i want to be. You are a sad shit because thats what you want to be deep down. You dont want to be happy and thats that.
>>
>>37335471

>Everything is a choice that a person makes,right down to their feelings.

So you don't believe that emotions are the products of chemical reactions occurring in the brain?

You think you could have your neurochemistry meddled with in such a way to cause you to be angry, but you could just "choose not to be angry"?

Bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_20170419_175904.jpg (89KB, 639x883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_175904.jpg
89KB, 639x883px
>>37335518
Here's the second one, fellow customer.
Actually, there is a third one but the giantess fetish is mixed in so I dunno if that's fine too.

>>
>>37335588
Ok so are you trying to say people cant act against those chemical emotions?
>>
>>37335624
The desire to "act against" them is also a chemical emotion.
>>
>>37335623
hey thanks a lot for all these, the giantess fetish is fine, heres your (you)
>>
Hey anon

Your post here means that youre still trying to find something to cling to this world. If you wanted to die then why bother?

Find something that you enjoy and do it. If you can't and you still want to go then I wish you the best
>>
>>37335624
>>37335664

This.

If your brain chemistry is of such arrangement that it produces anger, you WILL be angry. There is no magical "non-brain you" who can get inside your brain and somehow make you immune to the laws of physics.
>>
Because it can always get better. Please hang in there, anon. Try your hardest. Don't be discouraged if you don't immediately succeed.
>>
>>37335679
There here it is, fellow customer.

>>
>>37335664
Ok but what chemical is it that decides rationality? Enlighten me. Please. Tell me how rationality is not learnt from experience and is a purely chemical driven entity.
>>
File: 1465478584501.jpg (247KB, 700x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1465478584501.jpg
247KB, 700x1068px
>>37335013
Materialist philosophy is the answer.

The idealist philosophy is indeed confusing.

Dialectical materialism will equip you with a convenient bullshit detector. Like when one makes a statement blaming the wrong cause of an effect. Or when one conflates collective and individual phenomena despite them being totally different.

http://libgen.me/view.php?id=1015601

Sometimes philosophy is also entertaining. Pic related. But the point is that philosophy on its own is useless.

After you are done with that, I recommend cybernetics. And the old kind of cybernetics from the 1950's. Wiener, Ashby, Glushkov.
>>
>>37335890

>Ok but what chemical is it that decides rationality?

Tons of different ones. Dopamine, serotonin, noroepinephrine, endocannabinoids, endorphins, melatonin, the list goes on.

Rationality is only possible within certain constraints of neurotransmitter levels.

If the levels were off enough you wouldn't even be able to even think straight. Rationality is contingent upon all these chemicals being within a range of balances.

Surges of the wrong neurotransmitters in the wrong parts of the nervous system can turn anyone into a maniac.

>Tell me how rationality is not learnt from experience and is a purely chemical driven entity

The "experiences" themselves would not have been possible without chemical reactions occurring in the nervous system at the times those events occurred.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (25KB, 405x288px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
25KB, 405x288px
>>37334427
Believe in Jesus Christ and spread the Gospel so that you can live forever in heaven where there's no suffering
>>
>>37336261

I can't choose what I believe.
>>
>>37335023
>Everyone has the ability to be happy

Uhhh ok lmao
>>
File: 40880359_p0.jpg (844KB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
40880359_p0.jpg
844KB, 1000x2000px
Anime.
>>37336261
Death > Superstition
>>
>>37336133
That makes sense and i accept that my thinking is a bit flawed.
>>
>>37334427

The question is not whether life is worth living but rather whether life is worth not living.

If you live you always have a chance of making your life better and therefore make it worth living but if you die, you will never have another chance ever again for eternity, you will never experience anything, you will cease to exist.

Even suffering is preferable to eternal emptiness.
>>
File: 3485345.png (5KB, 451x386px) Image search: [Google]
3485345.png
5KB, 451x386px
The thing you need to realize,
is that once you see that life does not really need to persist, and this includes your life, that you achieve an absolute freedom, you will no longer bound by mortality. You are free to do what you want.
Pretty much everything everyone does is entirely controlled by both avoiding death, minimizing risk, and also extending life. This is why many people did a completely unhappy life, and will suffer just to stay alive. Working horrible jobs surrounded by horrible people.
Once you no longer argue pollution by the will to live, you are absolutely free to do whatever you want with your time. You can live however you want and nothing is there to tether you down, and this mean anything from living in a hedonistic haze for the last few days until you kill yourself, or doing something else that will likely kill you. You can do something extreme with a complete disregard for your own mortality.
Life now will turn into a sandbox, what you can do whatever you want, and there will be no consequences. Literally no matter what happens it will result in death at some point, and it will always be by your own hand in one way or another.
Your fate is already sealed.
We are all just people, actors, and everyone elses lives. If you see yourself as an extra, not as a main protagonist, you will also realize you are not even a part of the main storyline. You are not important, you dont matter, you will not change the world, you will not live an extraordinary life, you will not achieve greatness, you are just, you.
Embrace this fact, and do whatever the hell you want.
>>
>>37334941

Don't do it anon, how are you going to watch the new attack on titan episodes if you're dead?
>>
You're going to die anyway. Might as well live through it and see if it gets any better.
>>
>>37334854
>im losing my interest in everything
this is one of the worst feelings ever
>>
And I don't know much, but I do know this

With a golden heart, comes a golden fist

But I can't help agreeing with those that would it quit.
>>
>>37337220
>Even suffering is preferable to eternal emptiness.
How? There is nothing beyond death. No conciousness. No feelings at all. It seems way better than suffering to me.
>>
>>37334427
Stop eating for a day or two and chow down on something delicious.
>>
>>37337785
Streetlight is based

Thank you anon
>>
>>37335823
Is there a vore one?
>>
When you have no social skills there really isn't any point in living. Even the dumbest people can become successful because they know how to work well with others and that's key.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-28-14-07-42.png (210KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-28-14-07-42.png
210KB, 720x1280px
>>37338920
This desu. Some of us are just fucked and no amount of work can fix that. I spent years learning to speak to people, and got okay at it but there's something missing in my brain that doesn't let me really connect with people emotionally. Autism one hell of a drug. I just find comfort in books now.
>>
>>37337275
why is it so hard to truly realise this? ive heard this idea a million times and i totally agree with it yet im still playing life safe and miserable? how do i fucking start thinking like this?
>>
>>37339754
Because its fucking stupid advice in practice. Most of the people who want to kill themselves wouldn't enjoy all these exciting things. Depression takes joy away from everything and the moment you are able to enjoy the things this guy is talking about you won't want to die anymore but if you follow his advice, tough luck, now you have aids.
>>
>>37337275
not true btw

There is still the risk of injury and making your life even worse to live.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.