[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antidepressants?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Sertraline-14.jpg (139KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
Sertraline-14.jpg
139KB, 1024x739px
Who here is on antidepressants?
I will probably get on pic related for depression and social anxiety.
I used it in the past and it had made me unable to ejaculate (i was still horny and could get erections, but i couldnt cum)

anyways, if you have used it did it help with anxiety, what sort of effect did it have on how you interacted with others?
>>
>I will probably get on pic related for depression and social anxiety.

>I used it in the past and it had made me unable to ejaculate (i was still horny and could get erections, but i couldnt cum)

If you've already had problems like that in the past, why would you start taking it again?

Some men have had impotence and ejaculatory anhedonia YEARS after quitting SSRIs.

Even to this day doctors don't even understand what effects on the brain SSRIs can have long term.
>>
>>37324544
because without this medication all i will ever have is masturbating to 2D boys anyway?
maybe i'll try to get prescribed to a different type of depression+anxiety drug.. i donno, but they all have their wonky side effects
>>
I'm taking Doxepin but not a whole lot.

>>37324568
What's wrong with masturbating to 2D boys?
>>
I have been on various antidepressants for years. The SSRI kind gave me the same issue. When my doc changed me to tricyclic kind (Nortriptyline) my confidence went up and the side effects went away within a few weeks. Get your doc to give you a tricyclic brah SSRIs are shit
>>
>>37325070
but does it work for social anxiety?
>>
File: 1495656915029.jpg (90KB, 428x344px) Image search: [Google]
1495656915029.jpg
90KB, 428x344px
>>37324513
>Zoloft

Good choice, this and Effexor are patrician's ADs. I like Zoloft because it actually rises dopamine instead of lowering it like others.
>>
I refused to get treatment because I thought it would effect my creativity. Two years later and I've just been on a slow decline and now I can barely get out of bed and do day to day tasks let alone create anything, so it seems like they're worth a shot.

Any other people have experience with antidepressants and creativity?
>>
>>37325259
I just felt sick to my stomach whenever I took anything.
Now I'm just sick to my stomach all the time without antidepressants.
It might help, it might not, can't give you anything better sorry.
Currently I'm more concerned about my untreated schizophrenia, but I can't tell anyone about it to get pills in the first place.
Hope things turn out alright regardless, I was just told I could fail all my uni exams rather than withdrawing altogether but I know my family is only getting more disappointed and desperate.
>>
>>37325171
I think it does help with social anxiety. After a couple months on it I started enjoying being around other people and chatting with them, and feeling less like they were judging me.

But with antidepressants you just need to try different ones until you find one that works for you and doesn't have bad side effects.
Also caffeine is good for social anxiety and general mood.
>>
Has anyone here been prescribed with coaxil(tianeptine)? How was it? Also what dosage?
>>
>>37324544
Can confirm aspects of my personality and certain feelings (among them lust) are only recently starting to returning. At least I hope so, I have some days where I can feel, but I quickly return to the indifferent/ zombie mind state. Quit SSRI like 4-5 years ago.

Not being able to feel sucks so much I'm even enjoying the returning anxiety. Oh, and you are still suicidal even though your feelings are stunted
>>
>>37325431
>among them lust
were you still ">tfw no gf"
if now, i'm thinking chemical castration could be better for me
wanting to fuck humans only makes me feel worse
>>
>>37325916
I guess not. I lost my interest in people in general.

If the same happens to you, it's not necessarily a better thing. You'll be unable to enjoy, books, video games, music. You become a living dead person who's too tired to do anything else than browse stupid webpages all day.

I get drunk a few times a week just to be able to enjoy music and feel that things are fun and interesting.
>>
>>37326182
which specific AD were you taking
>>
>>37324513
I can cum. I had big problems in the beginning, even maintaining an erection. I've lost sexual drive and virility, for sure.
But it helps. It helps my anxiety and rumination. I do feel less depressed.

Haven't tried quitting, but I'm not sure you should take the warnings about impotence after quitting too seriously.

Thing to consider is that different meds, even different SSRIs, are different for each person.
>>
>>37326182
But I feel like this without AD.

I think sometimes you need them to just get you out of a slump.
>>
>>37326278
Cipralex, SSRI

>>37326392
Some say they work for them. I was able to enjoy things to some degree before I started taking them, so it's been a catastrophe for me. My personality also changed to a more dead one.

I was young and stupid when they were offered to me (like 21 or something), so I didn't think it through
>>
>>37326507
I don't think I am depressed
(I mean I am, but it is managable)

I just want to take something that will make me behave around others as though I had drunk two pints of beer. I can't do this in real life because people are going to notice that I'm drunk at work.
>>
>>37326583
yeah, I know what you mean

Maybe there are some other type of drug you could try? I have no knowledge in that area, though, as I've never had access to any drugs
>>
Been taking SSRI's and NaSSA's for a year now and they more or less cured my depression and social anxiety. No side effects apart from the fact that I realised that my social anxiety wasn't social anxiety but an utter disdain for socializing and spending time around people.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.