[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever tried shrooms?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 2

File: 2871682.main_image.jpg (244KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2871682.main_image.jpg
244KB, 1500x1000px
Anyone ever tried shrooms?
>>
yep. accidentally took twice the dose. terrible, terrible night.
>>
Where can you even get any? I tried to get some through weed connections but they either flaked or didn't have any.

I live in the PNW which I hear is a prime spot for them but I'm deathly afraid of picking something poisonous
>>
>>37321093
Consider picking up mycology as a hobby. I actually "know" someone who is growing them right now.

>>37321073
Details?
>>
Yes. Makes you laugh. You can describe how you feel in a more precise manner. Could also cause some kind of ego death causing you to have a bad trip. Take somewhere safe.
>>
>>37321073
Its better to do them during the day, less chance of having a bad 'dark' trip.
>>
>>37321065
First time in a room at my friends place,that room was my whole world the walls were moving like beach waves,too scared to go outside

second time,same place but i desperately wanted to go outside,literally licked the air out of the sky,had a ceramic frog called him froggy he bounced off cars

third time i ate em at a concert,rolled balls for liek 3 hours,almost died on the train ride back,literally felt like i was a bullet in a gun tried so hard not to freak out
>>
>>37321114

>Details?

thankfully I can't give you very many. I blacked out for about six hours, but when I came to, I was 100% convinced that I was the only being to exist in the universe, and everyone else was just a figment of my mind. very depressing realization to come to, but what's worse was that for two or three years after that night, I had flashbacks most days that took me back to that experience, never letting me forget that I was alone in the universe.

however, eventually the flashbacks stopped happening and my psyche returned to normal.
>>
>>37321203
do you have any mental health issues? that's odd the flashbacks went on for so long.
>>
>>37321166
>Could also cause some kind of ego death causing you to have a bad trip.
ego death and bad trips have no correlation fool
ego death is actually a very interesting and maybe scary at first but then wonderful experience
>>
>>37321203
I'd say you had a bad experience cause you took them at night when there is very little visual stimuli albeit lit indoor surroundings. Take them during the day if you wan't to feel a more interconnectedness with the universe would be my advice.
>>
>>37321232

yes. all the men in my family are plagued with mental illness.
>>
>>37321254

that's sound advice, but I would never risk trying shrooms again. from what I understand, shrooms is all about your mindset, and if I tried them again, I wouldn't be able to stop worrying about having a bad experience again, which would of course lead to a bad trip.
>>
>>37321273
Thats fair anon. If you do want to try taking them again during the day, just be mindful of the fact that it is a completely different experience than taking them at night. Would also recommend a trip sitter who has tried them before too to help keep you grounded. Don't let a bad experience scare you off them for good
>>
>>37321318

perhaps one day I may try again. we did have a chaperone that night actually, which certainly helped a lot. the three of us who were tripping would have gotten into a great deal of trouble otherwise. well, even more trouble. apparently I broke several vases in my panic, cried uncontrollably, and climbed into the freezer. lord knows what I woulda done if I didn't have him there to sort of keep me in check.
>>
>>37321349
>climbed into the freezer
kek
>>
>>37321349
Do consider it desu. Shrooms are an outdoor drug through and through. If you wan't to have a psychedelic trip indoors than I suggest trying acid.
>>
>>37321406

the only good thing to come from that night was a photo of me in the freezer. however, it's long gone. that night was 9 or 10 years ago. very unfortunate to have lost it.

>>37321439

I can totally see that. actually, before the shrooms turned on me, I experienced about a half hour of pure bliss. I was in the backyard staring up at the stars and I swear mate I could pull them out of the sky, one by one. absolutely incredible. I would actually be interested in trying acid, however I no longer know any druggies.
>>
File: 1402983937689.jpg (238KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
1402983937689.jpg
238KB, 500x518px
>>37321257
If you have mental illness in the family, probably stay away from psychoactive drugs. They can cause schizophrenic breaks, possibly incurable (this includes weed)
>>
>>37321475
Its easy to feel lost in your own mind when its really dimly lit and/or completely dark. Its interesting for a bit but it can definitely turn on you. Its all about set/setting. Another piece of advice: if you do try acid get a drug identification kit. Theres alot of fake acid out there that can either be really weak or it can completely fuck up your mental.
>>
>>37321475
Post photo for shills and giggles anon
>>
>>37321526
>>37321543

yes, it's for these reasons that I've maintained a fair distance from drugs. I know my psyche is fragile due to my family's history and I've already experienced near mindbreak once, so I've been very careful since then. I did try molly which was fantastic, ended up doing that several times a week for many many months until I just kinda dropped it. fantastic memories of it though, I'll always think of it fondly. also did coke once which was a great experience, however I'd never want to do it again since you really shouldn't fuck with coke. I'm happy with the one good experience with it.

>>37321553

lost the photo long ago unfortunately.
>>
>>37321595
Tell me anon, and this may sound like a weird question. But do you have any tooth fillings?
>>
>>37321595
>I did try molly which was fantastic, ended up doing that several times a week for many many months until I just kinda dropped it.
for fucks sake anon, that's retarded and irresponsible
your serotonin needs time to replenish itself; doing MDMA more than once every three months does irreparable neurological damage over time
>>
>>37321613

several.

>>37321622

part of the reason I stopped. hadn't noticed any negative effects during that period, but I felt it wise to quit while I was ahead.
>>
>>37321065
No I'm not a junkie
>>
>>37321645
Alright, now hear me out on this. There isn't alot of published research on this but I spend a fair amount of my free time conducting possible links to mental illness that don't stem from inheretated genetics and this is my conclusion, for hte most part.

Having tooth fillings put in, especially at a young age, brings the development of the body to a halt. Its almost like putting your body on pause. I had a filling put in about 2 years ago, and before I never had any. I use to smoke weed like crazy, do heaps of other drugs, you name it I done it. THe minute I got that little filling put in, I couldn't even smoke weed without feeling a sense of depersonalization from here on out. I got it taken out just a few months ago, and I can smoke weed. do drugs like nothing had ever changed.

If you can, depending on how deep the fillings are, I would advise that you get them removed. Get them removed, and than try shrooms again, I can almost guarantee you that you will feel like your 'normal' self,
>>
>>37321714
i never had any problems*
>>
few times. some of the best experiences of my life

>old bandmate invites me to party
>hey I actually know people here
>"eat em with salt, they taste like crackers"
>they fucking did too, so good
>drink some beers, run to gas station down the street
>starting to feel it
>get back, can't find friends
>start talking to random people
>random dude sees me sitting there and asks "so what's your story, man"
>give him my life story
>sitting watching people play beer pong
>purple tracers every time someone throws a ball
>ceiling light in living room hasn't worked this entire time
>guy who's place it is shows back up
>also guy selling shrooms
>he's like three times deeper into his trip than anyone
>jumps off the ground and fucking falcon punches ceiling light
>it immediately turns on
>master of fucking reality as far as I was concerned
>>
>>37321714
If you have any questions Ill gladly answer them
>>
>>37321065
dont do drugs bro
>>
>>37321714

well that's certainly an odd theory, however my desire to do drugs isn't so strong that I would go to the trouble and expense of getting my fillings removed. isn't there a point to having them in anyway?
>>
>>37321782
No, there isn't. Dentist push them on people cause they say it helps protect against cavities. All it does is replace malleable bone with un-malleable metal/porcelain. I swear to god bro, I couldn't even look people in the face when I had it in cause my anxiety was running rampant. The minute I got that dentist to take it out, I felt like a weight lift off of my celestial body and I could talk to him and maintain eye contact like nothing ever happened.
>>
>>37321824

any science to back up your claims? genuinely curious to see.
>>
>>37321714
>>37321824
How would this theory even work?
>>
>>37321868
None that I am aware of, as I said, its just something I theorized and than tested on myself. I believe its linked to depersonalization due to the disruption of jaw development. If you put something metal into something that is malleable like bone, than it just doesnt grow/change shape anymore.
>>
>>37321908
How its linked to mental illness, its very abstract, I get that. But you have to try it for yourself really.
>>
>>37321065

Yah, good times. Would recommend if you're not possessed of a family history of schizophrenia or anything.
>>
>>37321731
i enjoyed thisblox
>>
>>37321661
*No I'm a little bitch
ftfy
>>
>>37321065
Yes, made me legit feel like life is worth living. also made me love going outside into nature, and explore as if I was a kid again.
Just be responsible, treat them with respect. Just remember to not take them to get fucked up, but rather to expand your mind. have a new experience
Would defo do them again,
and thankfully the horrible taste makes it a once every few years thing for me.
>>
>>37321065
Ya they tasted like sunflower seeds. Aside from non-stop hysterical laughter like >>37321166 mentioned and minor visual changes it wasn't anything special

I took them with a friend on the 4th of July. Had fun and lit fireworks. We were stopped twice that night by cops, once for being in the park too late, and once for speeding. No trouble tho

It was something to try, not really interested in doing it again
>>
If you go into it knowing it's just a drug and nothing more, and that things will go back to normal afterwards, it's really chill. Tripping alone would probably be boring, but it's really nice with trustworthy friends, and just exploring around is wonderful. Outside during the afternoon is a great time.
>>
>>37321731

second time was similar same dude's house, same friends...

third time:
>got shrooms from different friend
>was saving them for the right time
>at my house with fucking 2/10 girl I was "dating"
>she's not going home
>fuckit
>eat bag of shrooms
>watch tv for a while
>.......wait
>oh fuck
>feelingit.jpg
>2/10 asks if I'm ok
>yyeeeaaahhhh man I'm good
>run out of bedroom
>grab bottle of vodka
>start chugging as soon as I'm back in room
>2/10 looks at me in disbelief
>stop and stare off into space
>walls and furniture are breathing
>overwhelmed by emotion
>curl into ball on bed
>cry uncontrollably
>I felt like an innocent little girl
>2/10 asks if I'm ok again
>"IT"S ALL SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL"
>"EVERYTHING IS AMAZING"
>mix last of vodka + some wine + cherry koolaid in a wine glass
>blow cigarette smoke on top of drink
>it looks like a magical elixir
>down entire drink in one gulp
>confuse the shit out of 2/10 with my rambling for a while
>by this time it's like 6:30am
>8/10 I was cheating on 2/10 with shows up at my house for some reason
>now sharing a single metal folding chair with "gf" and girl i was cheating on her with watching youtube
>2/10 finally leaves

all I can remember
>>
>>37321908
What? If the bone is malleable it will just grow around the piece of metal. Never seen trees growing around fences/signs before? Also, if the problem is that it halts development, why did removing it cure you instantly? Complete fucking nonsense, dude. I don't know why you hated your filling so much, but it's much more likely you just stressed out about it for no reason and placebo'd yourself until it actually had an effect on you. Removing the thing that you convinced yourself was harming you would be enough of a (baseless) relief to make you feel better.
>>
>>37322953
You literally can't get bored on shrooms, even if you're alone. Everything becomes interesting and wondrous again, and even just thinking becomes clearer and pretty fun when you have mind blowing epiphanies every 10 minutes
>>
>>37323511
Never said it cured me instantly, it was just an initial relief followed by a few weeks of what I can only describe as neuroplasticity/returning to a normal state. Also, I had a porcelain filling so Im still unsure if this applies to metal fillings. The fuck has trees got to do with bone anyway, they're comprised of two completely different compounds. If a tooth was to shorten in height over time and grow in width, do you honestly think the filling is going to change shape with it? Fuck no, cause it is a solid. I use to have a filling when I was much younger. I bited down one day on some food and guess what happened? Tooth split right down the middle.
>>
I wanna try out shrooms but I'm broke. I live in oregon where do I shroom hunt??
>>
>>37323822
grow them yourself
>>
>>37323830
do I buy some seeds or some shit off the dark net??
>>
>>37323822
spore samples aren't illegal. only the actual shrooms are. you can buy spores of whatever strain you want on the clear web. look up tutorials for gear you need and how to grow them
>>
What's the difference between shrooms and LSD?
>>
>>37323918
Shrooms are natural and LSD is semi-synthetic in that it is synthesized from an ergot fungus.
>>
>>37323847
>mushrooms
>seeds

how low is your iq?
>>
>>37321065
Best and worst I've ever felt was on shrooms.
Highly recommended
>>37321093
They're fun to grow but take about 2 months.
>>
>>37323958
I was talking more about the trip experience. Are all psychadelics the same, or is there a noticeable difference when on mushrooms or LSD? Does one or th e other tend to produce a particular kind of state? things lime that
>>
>>37323978
I paid very little attention in science middle school to freshman year. I'll probably never make the same mistake though so I feel good.
>>
>>37324000
Not him but yes every psych is different.
Ive had much more vivid close eyed visuals on shrooms, like actually seeing people. On acid i get more intense open eye visuals, like gears in the carpet, houses blowing into the sky like they were sand, walking on a trail and it waving like a snake.
Shrooms are much stronger visuals in the dark and acid in the light. I like music more on acid than on shrooms but shrooms give me more meaningful experiences.
The best part of psychs is the mental change not the visuals, and I've reached nirvana on shrooms. The type of shit that makes you laugh at the sky and cry with joy at the perfection and beauty of this reality and makes you thank god for being alive.
Never had a bad trip on acid though, but I've wanted to die on shrooms
>>
>>37324000
The biggest difference I would suggest between LSD and Shrooms is that LSD has this distinctive phase about 4-5 hours in where you get flooded with this nervous, paranoid energy and the world feels a little ominous/weird.
>>
>>37324111
Really? Its the opposite for most people. Shrooms give you anxiety because of the nausea from eating them. LSD is usually described as the cleaner experience
>>
>>37323847
you buy the spores

if you have the patience and won't get frustrated by fucking it up the first couple of times then go for it.
>>
>>37324075
>>37324138
Reminds me that the body high of shrooms is much more intense, at least I think so. Shit will catch you off guard
Pure bizzare insanity, i love it
>>
>>37324138
Everytime I get anxiety I just remember that Hunter.S quote aout anxiety being an unexpected expansion in conciosuness and than my train of thought is rerailed and comfy
>>
>>37324139
I'm just gonna rob a gas station for funds, get some shrooms of the dank net, use a ''friend'' as a lab rat to convince myself I won't get a bad trip and if I can't build up the confidence I'll sell the rest to some 13 year old for triple the price.
>>
>>37324230
But really, what are the risks of getting a bad trip and being scarred for life? I'm anxious as fuck and I'm broke right now so I can't afford kush to think rationally about it.
>>
Three times, two of which were low doses, so not so significant experiences.

The third time though... fucking wow. Will never look at the world the same again. One of the best things I've ever done. Set in motion a chain of events and thought processes within me that have upped my happiness by I'd say 50%
>>
>>37324138
I read some of the medical literature about this phenomenon and it seems like some people metabolize LSD a little unusually. The metabolite itself was never studied in a lab setting but it's thought to be behind that weird energy I described. I'm actually surprised someone would claim not to feel that.
>>
>>37324230
lol your friend could have the best time of his life and you could want to slice your throat to end your suffering.
Its different from person to person and when it really comes down to it there's no way to be ready; only safe if even that.
If you hate yourself/life do yourself a favor and don't do psychs besides maybe mdma
>>
>>37324250
I had one bad trip, fucked me up for 2 months good. Had recurring anxiety attacks (real ones, i had no idea what true anxiety was) for two years. Not a single day has passed where I don't think about it. But at least when I feel it creeping up again I can sort of stop it now.
I recommend it anyway, its a hell of an experience, and a good trip will make you feel better than most men who have ever lived will ever feel or experience
>>
>>37324269
Maybe Its just harder to notice if youre having a good time or something. I always go outdoors and vibe hardcore to music
>>
>>37324283
I never go a day without a solid hour of self loathing. No shrooms for me??
>>
>>37324224
That's similar to my take on the phenomena. I would have worded it differently to make it sound less confusing to people who haven't experienced shifts or expansions in consciousness.

Think about it this way: as infants, we are non-discriminating in our curiosity of the world. However, in order to survive, as we progress in development we need to learn to focus our attention on the things that are important to us.

Thus, the world is actually far more complex than we can perceive, precisely because it is too complex to notice all that goes on around us (and within the mechanisms of our own thought) all the time. Which is why the brain filters out all that seems redundant to it. This method of operation is selected for by the evolution of our psychology.

What happens when you ingest certain drugs and especially entheogens is a partial or more exhaustive removal of said filters. If you're very comfortable in your ordinary state of consciousness, this experience can feel frightening, as if you are "losing your mind" when in effect, you're doing little less than jumping briefly off the firm ground of your presuppositions, and as in this analogy, forgetting that gravity must sooner or later bring you right back down again.

When you lose that knee-jerk fear reaction is when psychedelics really hit their sweet spot of exploratory potential.
>>
>>37324474
Yeah worded well anon, the biggest brainfuck of em all is deciphering whether its a stripping down of perception or an advancement. Cause who really knows what the basis is, pure conscience would be something like what you said, just an infantized view void of thought or opinion. Crazy shit that I try not to think about too much
>>
>>37324423
It's complicated. I was at a really low point in my life and shrooms turned it all around. I was lucky, I guess.

I wouldn't advocate for anything since I don't know you, but if you do go for the experience, I can't overstate the importance of having company, someone you trust and are comfortable with and preferably has done shrooms his/herself.

And you know, the usual stuff. Prepare the event. Don't just dive into it. Pick a good day on the weekend, select some comfy music that you like, and TURN OFF YOUR PHONE. You don't want the stress of having your mother phone you when you've spent the last hour staring at the walls bubbling and dancing, cheekily inviting you to come and party with their ancient wall people which you can't believe you haven't noticed until know
>>
>>37324574
The only person I know that I know has taken shrooms is 14. The rest of the people I know in my general vicinity are braindead mormons. Is it a good Idea to just lock myself in a closet and try to think about life choices?
>>
>>37324554
Well I think there's a reason why so many people report psychedelic experiences as having qualities of feeling like they are children again.

The filter of perception is a necessary one, but it also robs us of some of the boundless beauty of the world. While there are only some limited opportunities for us to experience such awe-inducing, heart wrenching beauty with a sober mind - one of them being music - with entheogens, we can see beauty in EVERYTHING. And we realize that yes, life is beautiful. The world is beautiful. I just wasn't seeing it then. And if it is a powerful experience, it will imprint itself in our neural structures, as powerful experiences do.
>>
>>37324635
If you were to take it from Terence McKenna, that's exactly what you should do on a shroom trip. High dose, dark room, no distractions. The man had balls of steel though, and probably more well suited than most to do this, in terms of the sheer robustness and aptitude of his brain.

He's a legend on the topic, someone you simply must look up if you want to learn more on the topic or just be entertained by the musings a man of great intellect, humour and rhetoric ability.
>>
>>37324696
I'll take a low dose lying in bed listening to a lo-fi hiphop station with a sippy cup if I get thirsty and build my way up to a high dose.
>>
As someone who knows the secrets of meditation, what would happen to me if i took shrooms? Some of the effects of shrooms you guys have written down sound like what happens during my meditation
>>
>>37321887
He's obviously got some light form of schizophrenia.
>>
>>37325172
Nope not schizophrenic, I implore you to try it out for yourself.
>>
>>37325172
Just to add, I was actually starting to show some symptoms of psychosis and than I got insight from meditating on a previous shroom trip that led me to start to question what was really wrong with me.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.