[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a do over. No more of this. No more browsing this site

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1493351898771.jpg (104KB, 877x1317px) Image search: [Google]
1493351898771.jpg
104KB, 877x1317px
I want a do over. No more of this. No more browsing this site and being lazy. I'm tired of it. I just want to become an entirely different person. I want to read more, work out more and achieve the body I've always wanted. I want to get back into drawing and stop laying in bed all day. Does anybody feel the same? If so, what have you done?
>>
>want to get back into hobby
>don't want to stop 4chan
>post yourself doing hobby anonymously
>get anonymous criticism
not bad
>>
I've been here over a decade, pretty sure I'm fucked royally in that I can never leave but I have stopped browsing 4chan all day and have started to pursue hobbies that I wish I had been doing all along. There was no rhyme or reason necessarily, one day I just figured I might as well waste my time practicing something instead of reading drivel.
Though it comes and goes. I am in bed and have been all day (5pm atm) drinking and have been doing this for several days - but other days I'm drawing 8-10 hours a day, genuinely addictive.

In regards to drawing specifically for you op and getting back into it - I found that proper practice (go read /ic/ sticky but don't bother talking to them) followed by noticeable improvements is what really got me hooked.
>>
>>37320759
Bullet to the Brian is the do over button.
Better luck next life
>>
>>37320759
Why don't you just go and do those things? Drawing doesn't require you to leave the house. You can do it WHILE browsing this place if it's too much effort to break free of this cesspit.

Go on /fit/ and post about lifting. It'll make you want to. Go on the faggot draw channels here and do the same thing. Why do you need a magic do over, when you're not even old enough to be a quarter of the way through your life span?
>>
Odd running into a thread like this considering it's rounding on the better part of 2 years since I've really "browsed". But maybe this will help:
Go cold turkey and quit. Seriously. No weaning. Do not browse whatsoever. Remove /r9k/ and any related boards from your history so it doesn't show up in your browser autocomplete. If muscle memory has you typing in the link, stop yourself. Even places like /fit/ and /g/ seem pretty horrible for actually motivating yourself to do their respective topics.

Work at the things you want every single day no matter what even if it's for a small amount of time. If you want to read more, do it. Even if it's 11:55PM, use that last 5 minutes to read. The most important thing is to commit it to habit and to never have a day where you do absolutely nothing. For example, when I first started, I picked up piano. The first month or so sucked because it felt like a chore. But eventually it just becomes a part of your day, and you almost feel weird if you don't do it. I'm not an expert, but I can play openings to my chinese girl cartoons which was my goal in the first place (I also ended up getting a teacher part of the way through). I'm not a big believer in motivation, but making tasks like reading an ordinary, everyday thing is the best way to do it regularly.
It probably goes without saying but as much as people like to say otherwise, constantly browsing this board has an effect on your overall attitude and outlook. I'm sure some people are exceptions to the rule, but I feel generally happier and more willing to get up and do shit once I took a long breather from here.
>>
>>37321469
Why should I take your advice if you're still here though? Seems like you couldn't quit 100%
>>
>>37321587
Was linked to a different thread from discord, so that's why I'm browsing here at 2AM. Outside of links though, I've been off 4chan in general for a decent amount of time.
It's fair to be skeptical, but the above is just my personal experience.
>>
>>37320759
you ain't going nowhere faggot
see you tomorrow
>>
>>37320864
How do you learn how to draw? I'm a complete beginner and I feel like this is what is blocking me. I keep rereading the sticky but nothing sticks. I hate the books
>>
>>37320759
>Does anybody feel the same?
Yes

>If so, what have you done?
Nothing
>>
>>37321695
Man I fucking hate you
>>
>>37320759
>Does anybody feel the same?
yes

> If so, what have you done?
nothing

original fucking comment
>>
>>37321695
This. People sometimes change drastically, but it's usually only in response to some life-threatening event or major change of circumstances. I suppose you could inflict those on yourself somehow. I've never tried. I'm just happy enough to remain complacent.
>>
File: Kemono-Friends-1-1.jpg (250KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
Kemono-Friends-1-1.jpg
250KB, 1200x899px
>>37320759
There's no point of return
>>
The only way you will ever change is to hit your own personal rock bottom
>>
File: Duckdose.jpg (157KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Duckdose.jpg
157KB, 675x1200px
>>37320759
Take the modafinil pill anon
>>
>>37320759
>tfw leg and back cramps from sitting down all day
I feel like it's too late for me.
>>
>>37320759
How do you start drawing? Is it helpful to imitate other people's pictures? is it suicidal to keep attempting to draw with a mouse?
>>
>>37322892
what has it done for you personally
i know the general effects
>>
i have been on 4chan for 12 years, literally almost half my life
i am too far gone i want a do-over too :(
>>
File: feel cry bed.png (28KB, 357x313px) Image search: [Google]
feel cry bed.png
28KB, 357x313px
>tfw you realise this is the only chance at life you're ever going to get, and you've ruined it
>>
File: 1491745468592.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1491745468592.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
Looks like we're here to stay...
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.