[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is life so unfair???

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

File: pepe.png (201KB, 682x383px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
201KB, 682x383px
> Be 30
> English Major
> Crushing student and credit card debt
> No jobs in my area related to my degree
> Extreme anxiety so retail is out of the question
> Live off my boyfriend (gay)
> No sex drive due to weight
> Afraid boyfriend might dump me soon

he tells me that he cant continue to support both of us and that I need to get a job the only jobs in my area for someone with my experience is retail but due to my anxiety and panic attacks I am unable to due this i was planning to open a bookstore/coffee shop but i hurt my back
>>
>>37298536
>English major

Well, there's your problem.
>>
>>37298536
>anxiety prevents retail
>instead i will run my own store

what
>>
>>37298653
It made sense for my life goal a book store owner needs experience with literature.
>>
You posted the exact same thread the other day and got BTFO by everyone. Just stop.
>>
File: c.jpg (43KB, 700x450px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
43KB, 700x450px
>>37298784
i would manage the business side and hire friends to work the floor and barista
>>
>>37298809
i still have my dreams to open the coffee shop/bookstore i just need to take care of my debt first so i can get a business loan whats wrong with having a goal?
>>
lol at this obvious trollpost.
but jic you're really just kind of dumb have you considered an online transcription job
>>
Have you ever even worked retail?
>>
>>37298809
This. Just fuck off already

saged
>>
>>37298894
i tried working at a drug store but got panic attacks the first week and quit it was also making my back problems worse
>>
>>37298919
how much do you weigh
can you wear a back brace?
>>
>>37298898
what wrong with talking about my problems go go to another thread if it bothers you
>>
>>37298959
300 - 310 lbs

im not terribly unhealthy its just my back that is my biggest issue
>>
>>37298961
Your dream is the problem. Bookstores in the traditional style have been killed, once through big chain bookstores, then again through Amazon.

Unless you're an influential literary figure, or can get influential figures to your at your shop at a regular basis, you'll burn through your capital reserve within a year and sell the shop/liquidate at 20% of value.

I believe in you op, but you shouldn't believe in bookstores as any more of a sane life choice than being a typewriter repairman or a passenger steamship captain
>>
>>37298976
you should get a back brace
>>
>>37298976
Your health is one thing, your ambition is another, even if your health was perfect your deeply misguided ambition would ruin it and you.

There are a plethora of jobs one can get if you're willing to move to a major metro area and are willing to get certifications.

That's how I got started in corporate advertising
>>
>>37298823
>>37298536

I believe in you anon!! Just start with small steps
>>
>>37299044
>or a passenger steamship captain

i'll grant you a typewriter repairman, but a gig as a skipper of a luxury steam riverboat on the Mississippi or something would be lovely, i'm sure

and legitimately more obtainable than having a successful coffeehouse+bookstore without large amounts of capital/backers, business acumen, contacts, lucrative location, etc

sry im a daydreamy psyc major that wants to be on a boat
>>
>>37298842
There is nothing wrong with having a goal but your goal is unrealistic and you're a fucking retard for letting things get this bad. You have awful credit and no work history or income: you won't be able to get a loan. You're 30 too, there's no one this fucking worthless at this age. Even literal neets living with their moms deserve more respect than you.

And your boyfriend will dump you. If you're not a woman, you don't get a free pass to be a lazy piece of shit. Your parents aren't rich. Whatever looks you thought you had are all gone now and things will get 100x worse each passing year. You are beyond fucked.
>>
File: book.jpg (15KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
15KB, 288x216px
>>37299044
thats why i want to build an independant bookstore in a college town students can have coffee while they drink then buy any books they like
>>
>>37299592
you are right on some of this but if i can get a business loan for my bookstore i estimate i can pay off my student debt in under 10 years
>>
>>37299630
College kids do not like to buy books you retard. They pirate their textbooks if they can and kindle everything else. And they don't like to read for fun either.

>coffee while they look for books
Ever consider that they will spill coffee on the book? Then people will get pissed off at how dirty your books are. Not only that, you need to raise prices to keep profit, you can't compete with Barnes and Noble, which is already dying like fucking Blockbuster. You're fucked.
>>
>>37299710
barnes and noble are already on the way out so this is a good time for independant book stores and coffee sales will make up for the damage to the books
>>
>>37299664
You are butt fucking retarded. There is absolutely no one who would loan you any money unless you luckily have rich parents which you don't. You're the most risky kind of guy to loan money to and it would be impossibly to convince anyone to give you any money and expect to get it back.

>i estimate i can pay off my student debt in under 10 years
The sad thing is you pulled this estimate directly out your ass like the retard you are. Absolutely nothing I said was wrong. Just the virtue of owning a business doesn't mean you will profit enough to keep it running. You're so fucking retarded man. You have no business experience and you think you will run a successful business with a stupid idea no one here can back up. Even the people who fucking pity you and are neets themselves wouldn't lie to you. You're fucked. Just get a retail job you lazy fucking retard. Anxiety isn't an excuse. I'd much rather you kill yourself though. I feel so fucking sorry for your boyfriend.
>>
>>37299758
Why do you think they're out you fucking retard?
That's exactly the same thing as saying Blockbuster is dying, I'll make another inferior version of Blockbuster and it works because there is no more Blockbuster to compete with.

???
Are you fucking trolling. Please just tell me. NO ONE in the world can be this fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1481421905291.jpg (231KB, 1103x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481421905291.jpg
231KB, 1103x1200px
>>37299664
i gain no joy from telling you this, but i've recently had some small experience with a small business loan through association

it is beyond improbably that an individual with outstanding (and in repayment phase) student loans, no income, apparently "crushing" credit card debt, little/no work history, etc etc will receive any amount of a small business loan at any interest rate

think about it from the bank's perspective. what do people with crippling debt both student and CC, no income, no large work history, etc have in common?

if your business fails, the bank, credit union, or other entity ain't getting SHIT back because you don't just not have shit, you've got less than that by being in debt already

m8 you're gonna have to sort yourself out somehow with those head issues and be able to at least get some sort of trivial night stocker position or some shit
>>
Make a coffin out of all your books and lie there until you die
>>
>>37299812
He is. This exact same thread was posted a few days ago
>>
>>37298536
go to your doctor and get some meds like xanex then take up some retail jobs
>>
>>37299791
i just need to impress the bank with my business plan having a college degree would help my case
>>
File: starbucks.gif (11KB, 265x211px) Image search: [Google]
starbucks.gif
11KB, 265x211px
>>37299812
this is not the same as a blockbuster half of the store would be a coffee shop and starbucks is doing extremly well if there are books to read the customer would order more coffee and then buy the book
>>
>>37299956
No it wouldn't. At all. I can confidently promise you that it won't. I'm 100% certain that no one will give you a loan. A college degree means absolutely nothing. Everyone has a college degree. A bachelor's in English impresses absolutely no one at all. A literal mexican making 5 dollars an hour mowing lawns is a more viable candidate for a loan than you. You've done absolutely nothing with that degree for what, 8 years? Why would that help you? You have NO business plan ready after all this time. You're just fucking lazy and useless man. When are you going to do it even? What makes you think it won't fail? Why do you think there is market demand for it when everyone says otherwise? Just go to work you lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>37299824
coffee is a very lucretive business so that would impress the bank also amazon is opening a book store so that is a good sign that the book retail market is recovering this is the perfect time for my shop i just need the chance
>>
>>37298536
Jesus OP you are the perfect caricature of a worthless lefty urbanite.
Kys
>>
>>37300091
then tell that to the bank and get the fuck off this board you retard. you won't listen to anyone's advice so ask for it somewhere else you faggot.
>>
>>37300092
im not worthless i have a college degree and a plan that shows the banks that i have initiative and is a good candidate for a loan
>>
>>37300130
Then post your english degree and proof you're fat you lying piece of shit.
>>
>>37300128
This. Why ask for help and advice if you're just going to stick with your original plan to fuck over your own life further?
>>
>>37298536
Why did you repost this you fat faggot waste of oxygen?

And why post it here anyway? You have a boyfriend. You're obviously not a virgin. You can get sex, you're just too lazy and selfish to bother satisfying your partners needs.

You aren't a robot you faggot. Go post this shit on /lgbt/ where it belongs.
>>
>>37300208
>>37300236
>>37300128
i come to /r9k/ for support they believe in me you are just trolls
>>
File: meme.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>37300130
im not foolish enough to let the internet have a copy of my degree nice try
>>
>>37300282
Get the fuck off this board faggot. What support did you get yesterday? You were told to get a job and stop being such a pathetic burden on your boyfriend. Then you bring your fat gay ass back here and repost the same shit expecting a different answer.
>>
>>37300313
that's because you're fake you piece of shit.
>>
>>37300282
could you please post a screenshot of your business plan that you will submit to "the bank", certainly receiving a small business loan that will cover all startup expenses (roughly 100k at least from the cursory lookup i did) and help you pay down your credit card and student loan debt?

because thats gonna be a fucking sick business plan
>>
>>37300331
i deserve better than retail i worked hard and went into debt for my degree
>>
>>37300354
I guarantee he has nothing because he is a troll piece of shit. If his caricature of a worthless human being was actually real, he would still not have written up a business plan. Because he's a fat faggot.
>>
>>37300364
You went in debt for a degree in English. Then you claim there are NO jobs pertaining to your field. In a super broad and ambiguous field. Then you claim you worked hard for your degree and went into debt. Working hard to get a degree means nothing, absolutely nothing in the real world and it doesn't entitle you to anything.
>>
>>37300354
i am currently drawing up a draft but could use some tips on how to make it more professional here are the main points:

1: bookstore and coffee shop - one will support the other and its unique combination will make it a niche market
2: open this in a college neighborhood - college students have disposable income and need coffee to study they will also appreciate a quite place to read study and hang out they are also used to paying slightly higher book costs so i can charge more
3: my degree in english gives me an insight into current book trends so i can tailor the book stock to what is popular
4: open late nights because students have irregular schedules

actual responses please no trolls
>>
File: 1431245349981.gif (683KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1431245349981.gif
683KB, 400x224px
>>37298842
That is so fucking unrealisitc

You are competing against Barns and Noble and Books a Million, and other well financed book/coffee shops

People who have little independent book/coffee shops are retired people and other who don't need the income but just like doing it, and you are competing against them too

there is no money in it, you have competitors on one side who will blow you the fuck out on profit margins and on the other side who don't need to make money

I want to be a ballerina, but I am a 32 year old fat male

we don't all get to live out our fantasy dreams OP

you can't make a good living doing this, you need to get more training and a real job
>>
File: 1428831923883.jpg (159KB, 785x589px) Image search: [Google]
1428831923883.jpg
159KB, 785x589px
>>37298823
>and hire friends to work the floor and barista

they won't be your friends for long when you have to drive them hard at 7 dollars per hour at a dead end job
>>
>>37300467
here's what i would suggest to add:

outline in detail why an individual with no income, no assets, immense debt, and no business experience is a good candidate to receive upwards of 50-100k USD for a small business loan
>>
>>37300467
Hi, I would like to inform you that most college campuses have a school bookstore with coffee shop already. Students aren't going to pay more for your books when they can pirate them or get them online. Your degree in Wnglish does not give you an onsite into current book trends, that would be called the internet. And again, most college campuses have bookstore coffee shop combinations with more costly books that are open late in college towns. Just work to become a manager of a barns and nobles ffs.
>>
File: Barista.jpg (28KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Barista.jpg
28KB, 700x400px
>>37300498
several of my friends said this is a great idea and would consider working for me one of them used to work at petes coffee so she has barista experience
>>
>>37299812
>I'll make another inferior version of Blockbuster and it works because there is no more Blockbuster to compete with.
this
>>
>>37300517
you have a point about the debt i was considering asking my bf's parents to help me get the loan
>>
>>37300551
Ask someone who isn't your friend. Ask maybe college students you don't know (your target audience) and let us know what happens.
>>
>>37300091
>coffee is a very lucretive business so that would impress the bank
you are retarded
>>
>>37300364
Your boyfriend deserves better than having to support a fat entitled faggot that won't fuck. And /r9k/ deserves better than to have some normie faggot who leeches off his boyfriend post the same thread twice.

>>37300467
Kek

>prissy entitled fuckboy doesn't want to work retail because it's beneath him.
>wants to open up a business in retail.
>>
>>37300573
that is a great idea thank you for the first piece of good advice in this thread
>>
>>37300467
>trying to make money off students buying books

they pirate text books and buy everything else as cheap as possible, you can't make money off them
>>
>>37300469
>People who have little independent book/coffee shops are retired people and other who don't need the income but just like doing it, and you are competing against them too
do you not realize this OP

how do you make money competing against someone who does not need to make money
>>
>>37300611
That's sort of common sense OP. You should really invest time in learning how to start your own business, how to have a successful one, and understand the amount of loss you could face because honestly it sounds like you're going in with blinders. You aren't seeing the amount of start up businesses that fail, you're seeing the successful handfuls and hoping you end up the same.
>>
>>37298536
>English Major
>"why is life so unfair???"
Maybe it's because you majored in a useless field you stupid cunt
>>37298793
>a book store owner needs experience with literature
Which you could gain without wasting years on a useless major. You don't even need that much experience, just good books
>>
>>37300598
my bf is a great guy thats and often works overtime to afford rent and bill thats why i need this business to succeed to help BOTH of us

this is not a selfish endevor
>>
>>37298536
>> Extreme anxiety so retail is out of the question
MAYBE YOU SHOULD OPEN UP A RETAIL ESTABLISHMENT LOL
>>
>>37300785
What are you doing right now to help him? Are you working a part time job right now? There are plenty of jobs that don't require you to do customer service that would allow you to make money and acquire connections and experience going towards your goal.
>>
>>37300785
Yes it is because you refuse to get a real job and want to gamble on a snowflake fantasy that could put you in debt for years
>>
File: 1422121831964.png (125KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1422121831964.png
125KB, 500x493px
>>37300818
>What are you doing right now to help him? Are you working a part time job right now? There are plenty of jobs that don't require you to do customer service that would allow you to make money and acquire connections and experience going towards your goal.

NO HE HAS TO OPEN A BOOKSTORE, IT'S THE ONLY WAY
>>
>>37300618
not all of them i bought all my books while in college and would have loved a late night coffee shop to study and drink in starbucks was too crowded and only had newspapers to read
>>
>>37300850
>not all of them i bought all my books while in college and would have loved a late night coffee shop to study

that was 10 years ago dumbfuck
>>
2/10 b8

You can do better
>>
>>37300818
i had a job at a walgreens but had to quit because of my panic attacks i would consider other jobs maybe a librarian because its related to my major i like books
>>
>>37300885
Okay? Have you applied to any libraries? Have you tried online job searching? Have you tried anything but obsessing over this bookstore?
>>
>>37300927
theres not much besides retail and fast food ive even tried applying to other bookstores in the area
>>
>>37300965
How many bookstores are in your area?
And I reiterate: have you tried online jobs?
>>
>>37300807
>>>37298536 (OP)
>>> Extreme anxiety so retail is out of the question
>MAYBE YOU SHOULD OPEN UP A RETAIL ESTABLISHMENT LOL
kek
>>
op you freak'n nigger stop trolling us
>>
File: face.gif (9KB, 592x503px) Image search: [Google]
face.gif
9KB, 592x503px
>>37300999
Ya, I think that's enough for tonight.
>>
>>37298536
I can't wait until your boyfriend dumps your parasite ass and forces you out on the street and the bank won't lend you any money, so you're forced to get a retail job you hate so you can support yourself.

I seriously hate you and just wish you would die.
>>
>>37301027
OP just admitted he's trolling. Go home everybody.
>>
>>37298536
It's life itself that's broken. The game was rigged from the very beginning.

We humans are just one of the eccentric forms of reproducing matter that has evolved over billions of years on the material planet we call Earth. We do possess the faculty of consciousness; the ability to think and feel, but in truth that serves no intention. There is little probability in putting that faculty, or ourselves, to any universally constructive, or more than contrived purpose. We are in fact, as a kind, incapable of doing anything of merit beyond cleaning up the messes we and the rest of the material universe make. Life is in fact just a harmful parasitic infection that can only at best achieve the minor brilliance of perhaps someday terminating the mistake that was its instigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKD7f76KG-U
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.