[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just bought another month of subscription on wow >played

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

>just bought another month of subscription on wow
>played since vanilla
>haven't played since WOD launch
>log on to my lvl 80 rouge
>join RDF but not a single other person joins
>orgrimmar is almsot completely empty
>log off after an hour and ask blizzard for a refund

what happened to this game?
>>
>>37297848

Smartphones killed the mmo genre of gaming.

The entire appeal of wow was the community

75% of 4chan is too young to even know how much harder texting was in the pre smartphone era.
>>
Play on Hellfire my dude
>>
I've always wanted to join those guilds that ignore the current expansion and play with a level cap and gear restrictions as if it's still TBC or something but idk I couldn't ever bring myself to do it.

Always had respect for those guys, seemed like the most diehard fans. Not being willing to change is kind of a bad trait though. Still seemed like their experience with the game was the most genuine though
>>
WoW was terrible at launch and only got worse. You were just the last person to notice.
>>
>>37298012
I did play on dalaran wow and elysium for a while but private server just doesn't feel the same
>>
>>37297848
>rouge
>>
>>37298639
well excuse my typo
faggot
>>
>>37298048
>guilds that ignore the current expansion and play with a level cap and gear restrictions as if it's still TBC or something
Where can I find these people?
>>
>wow literally delays its patches to launch at the same time as FF14s expansion in a desperate attempt to keep people from going to that game
>>
Most MMORPGs are sadly dead. Many destroyed their games by trying to cater to the casual people by making them easier to play and fast to level up.

RuneScape was/is dying of too, but it keeps relatively popular because they created the oldschool version.
>>
Doesn't everyone play FF MMO now?

I thought WoW shut down years ago
>>
Play old-school RuneScape it's still good
>>
>>37298727
>Many destroyed their games by trying to cater to the casual people by making them easier to play and fast to level up.

and pay to win
>>
>>37297848
Tfw had 180+ days of playtime between 2010 and 2014

I used to play this game so much until one day I decided to quit. Lots of comfy memories.
>>
>>37298048
that's kind of pointless now since you have newer abilities and shit that make the content really easy, even with shit gear
>>
none of what you said is any different from WoD
>>
>>37298727
I stopped playing Rs because my friends stopped, the streamers I watched stopped, it's not the same without people to share it with. Like playing minecraft by yourself, what's the point?
>>
MMOs need some major revamp, it's pretty dead genre. WoW itself is just a shadow what it used to be. I don't even think that the current game is mechanically that bad, but it lost it's soul ages ago.

To me those constant changes are just a turnoff, i didn't like that there was a class i really liked, it gets nerfed, i switch to something else and master that, and they ruin that too and the cycle goes on and on.

There's tons of games that have been pretty much the same for years and they still have tons of players.
>>
File: monk.gif (1010KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
monk.gif
1010KB, 500x281px
>tfw played more in Legion than any expansion since Wrath
>tfw have 12 level 110s
>tfw haven't done anything but the bare minimum PvE
>not a single dungeon group, let alone raid
>haven't completed class campaign on any character
>just do random BGs all day for hours
>not even as melee dps usually
>tfw "everyone" agrees that PvP in legion is beyond cancer
>tanks are literal God Mode in lolworld pvp
>random BGs are usually just mongo melee clusterfucks, whichever side has more fury warriors wins

don't even know why I enjoy Legion rando BGs so much, I quit during all of WoD but haven't gone a day without playing Legion since launch and I never do any PvE which "everyone" agrees is the only good thing about Legion at all.

Still having fun, pretty much never die in BGs on my Orc Mistweaver. Don't have to deal with raid/guild drama.

lot of fuckstain 12 year olds who can't do anything else but random BGs playing on their dad's old account make it pretty aggravating a lot of times though
>>
File: image.png (658KB, 1000x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
658KB, 1000x825px
>>37297848
I recently got into this game. I really enjoy it actually and once I level a few more characters to 20 I'm going to upgrade my account.

I'm still new but I know there are more newcomers and hopefully one day the community will be more active.
>>
Uncharted waters online is comfy. I don't go to /v/ so idk if anons like it, but I always go back to it eventually. Everything else seems like a WoW copycat normie shit.
>>
Play on an RP realm if you want to play it like an MMO

General and trade chat is friendly and not cancer

You see people everywhere doing random stuff

Raiding guilds are a bit more rare but on AD EU there's enough to find one if you really wanted to
>>
>level 80
>complaining about no activity/content

How fucking dumb are you?
>>
>tfw you always enjoyed the leveling adventure and exploration more than grinding dungeons at max level to grind harder dungeons

In every MMO I've played that has multiple classes I always ended up just leveling all the different classes up to max and then after that I'd just play the one I liked the most doing random shit like trying to explore outside the bounds of the map or just making a bunch of money to spend on frivolous shit like nice looking armor, mounts, whatever. I like having a lively world full of other players, I just don't care much for the endgame stuff of trying to get all the dopest gear and then sit around waiting for another dungeon to come out with doper gear.
>>
>>37297848
it got old and went to shit
>>
>>37300405
Building stuff in survival mode to kinda roleplay. No griefers either. But more importantly you can easily listen do documentaries, audiobooks, news, and podcasts while playing. I have ADHD so I need to be playing Minecraft in the foreground to pay attention to lengthy things like audiobooks.
>>
Old School RuneScape is the only fun MMO anymore. Good quests, JaGeX listens to the community but knows when the community is too retarded to agree to a necessary update (e.g. the recent Zulrah, Void, and Karamja store nerfs), and can AFK while doing other stuff or go balls deep in raids/bossing/whatever.

Also, you don't have to autistically lock yourself into a class like most MMO's. I don't know how else to describe it other than comfy.
>>
>>37301184
Oh and Iron Memes are the most fun accounts though GE flipping and staking are both hella fun.
>>
>>37300475
MMOs will likely never be good again. Korean mobile MMOs are making more money than the biggest western MMOs within a week of release. Everyone is going to jump on the mobile cash train and the games will be even more casualized. The only good MMOs that are alive today are going to die because of how incompetent the companies behind them are. Like with GW2 and raids, They killed dungeons so that they could make content that 1% of the playerbase does.
>>
>>37297848
>level 80
how can you expect to find people when you're not in current content
>>
>>37297848
Star Wars Galaxies is the best MMORPG, WoW is shit. Play SWG: Legends. On average there's 1000+ players online.
>>
who /winterhoof/ here?

FUCK MCKENNA
>>
>>37301261
there will always be a niche, even if there's only a few games to fill it. Industry experts and other wankers were talking shit about how online killed single player, you'd have to be crazy to spend a lot on a non-multiplayer game, and RPG was a dead genre, yet you still get high-budget single player RPGs like Skyrim, Fallout 4, Witcher 3 to this day. As for MMOs, FFXIV is alright but not really a replacement to WoW and EVE is still going strong I think. There will be something new and big in the MMO world by 2020 probably
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_051917_042952.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_051917_042952.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>play wow for 8 years on private servers
>grow balls to take mommies money and buy me legion

im making up for the past now lads only then i can set sail for the future
>>
>>37298738
>playing any FF game
most people have tastes
>>
have any of you actaully tried raiding recently my head may never recoup
>>
>>37301385
yea cause standing there and pressing a few buttons and occasionally moving is confusing
>>
they all...copy my movemewnts and spam shit down my throat D:
>>
My guild was slated to clear normal nighthold last night. I was online, prepared and keen to go because I needed to finish a quest in there.

8:30 comes, passes and by nine there's less then 10 people on. So I explain myself and log off. About an hour later enough people have gathered to actually run something. I feel shafted by another garbage guild- but I truly detest having to pug on my alts
>>
File: 3DPD.jpg (55KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
3DPD.jpg
55KB, 312x312px
>>37301358
Did they remove stances?
>>
>>37297848
>orgrimmar is almsot completely empty
You are just on a dead realm.

Also try playing as a tank or a healer, you are guaranteed to get into a group instantly
>>
>>37300813
>General and trade chat is friendly and not cancer
gr8 b8 m8
I play on AD EU and the trade channel is always cancer. Yesterday we had a bunch of morons arguing about vegetarianism and eating meat, then they were talking about JFK's murder and other conspiracies
>>
i want to try a mmorpg, but I don't know which.

It should not have anime/comi(wow) style. and it shouldnt be a money sink. spending money is ok but for reasonable prices.
>>
File: mom.jpg (69KB, 480x753px) Image search: [Google]
mom.jpg
69KB, 480x753px
>tfw you'll never go back to vanilla/BC/Wrath after school/Uni/work on those long summer nights grinding away, talking with your guild, exploring new zones for the first time and escaping all of life's responsibilities

I unironically think playing WoW from 12-15 was the time of my life and a high that I'll never be able to surpass
>>
>>37303118

It really was a high wasnt it. There was a golden era where everything just clicked.
You'd log on and a bunch of your real life friends would be on, going about their various goals. It seemed so important back then. So much effort and time. But it was better than real life it seemed.
>>
>>37303170
I'd say it was better than anything I have experienced in this life since, getting a good Uni degree at a prestigious University and a decent job, fair bit of money - It gives me no sense of reward.

The sense of belonging and struggle was constant in WoW, there was always a new challenge facing you and you could never truly be on top of everything. You were an integral healer, tank or DPS and the sense of community was so great, especially in vanilla when it took so long to travel.

To be fair I have fond memories of other games around that time like early CoD/Halo as well as Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption co-op and Counter-strike and early launch release League of Legends multiplayer but nothing will ever top the atmosphere that World of Warcraft had.

Everything is so polished now, but the original vanilla zones just felt so raw and chilling. The eastern and western plaguelands just looked sick to their core, walking around The Barrens or Thousand Needles on your Kodo made you thirsty it was so dry, you could feel the humidity in Zangarmarsh or the energy in the air in the Netherstorm.

I've taken drugs too and nothing has compared to when my guild was getting kills and clearing Sunwell and Ulduuar, as well as getting achievements like Wrecking Ball and single handedly 3v1ing normies
>>
>>37297848
Go on higher population servers and no one has time to sit in orgrimmar for the whole fucking day anymore there's actually something to do now
>>
i hate the people i was friends with in 2005 but i wanna play vanilla just to re-discover all those places i vaguely remember

there's one place that was like a huge castle for giants, and you're running around these hallways that are like 100x too big cause a giant used to live there

then there's this time you have to kill some werewolf faggot

and another time everyone would get together and wait for this ghost to appear in this spot near darkwoods

shit like that is embedded in my brain and is still fun

this song and place was awesome too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78xB_GqLwPY
>>
>>37298727
runescape 3 is still very active and popular
>>
>>37303501
Old Ashenvale was GOAT, very comfy on a rainy saturday morning
>>
>>37303563
>getting stoned and wandering around WoW not doing anything in particular

also I invented farming dark whelplings and selling them for 200g when that was actually a lot of gold
>>
>>37298012

Kek that used to be my server, I was in a necessary evil

Golden times. Stopped playing during wotlk t.b.q.h vidya is so shit nowadays
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.