[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

brother just asked me if I wanna move to Murica with him and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 82826286.jpg (36KB, 645x512px) Image search: [Google]
82826286.jpg
36KB, 645x512px
brother just asked me if I wanna move to Murica with him and start working

>I've lived with my brother previously and he's an absolute unbearable flatmate
>have to learn the imperial system
>can't live of disabilitybux anymore even though I'm autistic
>I don't even have education
>have to pay for healthcare
>have to pay for education
>The only real reason I want to go is because I wanna shoot guns, drive pickup trucks and experience the Murican freedom.

Anyone who have migrated to Murica know if it's worth it?
>>
>>37287712
what are you working as and where in America these two things matter ding dong
>>
>>37287712
If you don't have a job lined up it seems like a really fucking stupid move if you are going to lose your income
>>
>>37287764
I don't work

>>37287844
ye I know, he is working in the aquaculture business and I started my education there aswell but never finished it
>>
>>37287712
>The only real reason I want to go is because I wanna shoot guns, drive pickup trucks and experience the Murican freedom.
I live in alabama and work part time at a gun store

shooting guns is pretty fun but it's not THAT fun, I would come over here to visit if I were you but make sure you don't void your ability to get neetbux forever

also driving a pickup really is not that fun, it's more of a utility thing if you have a lot of shit to constantly move around such as building material or animal food
>>
>>37287875
well what would you do for money
how can you even consider it?
>>
>>37287875
so your brother didn't offer you a job? okay if you're legit autistic do not come here until you have found a way to get work housing is very expensive in America unless you're in midflyoverbumfuck nowhere.
>>
also note that you don't automatically have health insurance over here OP, it will cost you 300-500$ per month

if you wind up in the hospital due to getting sick or breaking a leg you will wind up with thousands in bills that will fuck up your credit forever
>>
>>37287891
ye maybe I come visit some day

>>37287917
disabilitybux, it was my brother wh oconsidered it
>>
>>37288002
they will pay you disability bucks even if you move to another country?
>>
>>37288028
I don't really know, probably not
>>
>>37288065
something you should look into

sounds like you have never had to think much about money before, trust me money is srs business

do not put yourself in a position to be without it if you don't have to
>>
>>37288169
>sounds like you have never had to think much about money before
oh believe me I have
I don't think my family has ever had $10,000 combined before. I've never made as much money as I do now as a neet
>>
>>37288220
well it does not seem like money is much of a factor in your thoughts about coming to the USA, when it's probably the biggest single factor as to if you can really do that
>>
we dont need any more immigrants.

maybe make your own country not a shithole?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 1136x640px
It's best to get a job lined up first, submit an application to whatever city you guys are going to, etc. Get yourself settled, mentally prep yourself for the 'MURICAN mindset, and THEN go.

If you succeed and immigrate legally, then congrats, you're an American.
>>
The USA is definitely more of a rat race lifestyle than europe, if you don't like busting your hump to make rent i suggest staying away
>>
>>37287712

Don't fall for the meme, I was talking to my bro from spain and he expected the same things and everybody to be fat, it's just a meme.
>>
>>37288525
how are guns a meme here ?

and he never said anything about everyone being fat
>>
Believe me when I tell you anon, America is the greatest god damn country in the universe. If you aren't brown we're happy to have you come over :^)
>>
File: IMG_0502.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0502.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
>tfw live in big european city but want to live in quiet spot somewhere in Texas and enjoy hillbilly life
>>
>>37290255
>tfw live in a shitty village and just want to experience London, or Toronto, or San Francisco life.
>>
>>37287712
most jobs will give you healthcare or at least access to something that isnt to expensive.
As for learning imperial, I'm an amerifag that uses both and you really wouldn't have to worry much about it. Farenheit isn't much different than Celsius, and you can do just fine running a gps in km and shit. really just have to learn what the different speed limits are. none of the other measurements are ever gonna come up unless you are like working in an engineering or construction job.

I wouldn't suggest coming without an education unless you already have a job lined up. plenty of people here cant get (good) jobs even with an education.
>>
>>37290337
How does one get a job overseas? I'm not OP, but I am european, would have a pretty nice resume when I graduate. Software Engineering, internships, projects.

How do I apply? I will need them to sponsor a H1B, I will communicate over Skype supposedly for interviews and other matters... And then? When do I move, will they pay for my move? Where to? Do I have an apartment or anything?

Moving to another country is such an insane fucking deal I don't know how anyone manages it without connections.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.