[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quantum Immortality

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 180pxMax_Tegmark.jpg (9KB, 180x178px) Image search: [Google]
180pxMax_Tegmark.jpg
9KB, 180x178px
It is scientifically impossible to kill yourself.

Even if you try, you will always be in a reality where the suicide didn't work or kill you.

Let that sink in
>>
It's a thought experiment, not a scientific fact because your death isn't just a single quantum event but rather something that exists on a classical, irreversible scale.
>>
>>37282493
>It is scientifically impossible to kill yourself.
Wrong. It's effectively a riff on Schrodingers cat, so it's not that you can't kill yourself, it's under particular interpretation of QM if your suicide is triggered by a quantum event, then you shouldn't be able to die (or more accurately reality will branch off and you'll continue to live in one of those branches)
>>
>buy lottery ticket
>commit to killing yourself if you don't win
>become millionaire
>>
>>37282493
you die every second since the person you were last second is gone until quantum particles arrange themselves in the same position again
so most of the time "you" are dead
let that sink in
>>
>>37282493
max tegmark has some primo smartface
>>
>>37282493
Challenge accepted, motherfucker.
>>
literally frame rate
>>
I wish I had better reality anon, I really wish my reality didn't suck so much that I have to be 4ch
>>
I'm pretty sure we're all both unborn and dead every single instant since. I think we have the illusion of linearity from our perspective. Our understanding of the real nature of the inner workings of the universe is so profoundly skewed by our inevitable subjectivity. Even our most verifiable mathematical proofs are like measuring the tip of an iceberg, and extrapolating laws from those measurements that apply to the rest of what we perceive to be real. The impossibility to reconcile general relativity with quantum mechanics stems from this limited and extrapolative understanding.

Time is nonlinear, according to Einstein's special theory of relativity.
>>
Where's the evidence?
If that works for suicide, shouldn't it work for natural death too? Are we all going to be immortal?
>>
>>37283016
I bet u have small dick
>>
>>37283138
Just try killing yourself. You will survive no matter what.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.