[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cant millenials find jobs besides server or busboy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Why cant millenials find jobs besides server or busboy?
>>
Because no one in a position of authority, be it economic or political, what's to acknowledge how bad things really are.
>>
>>37276928
>Current year
>Still honestly spouting this shit
>>
too many illegals, housing market crash, all of our wealth belongs to the 1%, the 1% are literally billionaire assholes who all know each other and compete to 1-up each other, we're just pawns in their shitty little game
>>
Because only 15% of people in any given generation matter, while the rest are superfluous.
>>
>>37277043
this makes sense, if just some people are productive it will carry the majority
>>
>>37276928

You are a millenial. Probably a teenage one. So why don't you tell the class.
>>
>>37276928
>tfw 22
>job at factory as an engineer
>35/hr
>>
>>37276928
because the economy is still shit and old fucks aren't retiring or dying fast enough, also automation is eating up a large portion of previous jobs

my job for instance back in the 80's they had 200 clerks, now we have 5. they used to manually check and inventory everything on paper and fax it in. now a computer scans it in realtime and tracks it's every move
>>
>>37276928
Because I don't have a degree from a Jewish academic institution because I'm too impoverished to attend one. And because I'm fucking strait white cis male scum. Employers won't get good goy points from the govt for hiring me. Also the illegal Mexicans have taken all the jobs that don't require a degree, and they're willing to work for less than minimum wage.
>>
>>37277201
>tfw 21
>been looking for a job since the end of high school in 2014
>apply for roughly 6 jobs a week
>never had a single interview
Be thankful you at least have a job

Also Malcolm Turnbull can go fuck himself.
>>
>>37276928
>numale
>need a college degree for EVERY FUCKING JOB
>death of the trades
etc.
>>
>>37276928
Because Boomers won't retire, SJWs coerce everyone to prioritize womyn of color, and Trump hasn't rounded up every illegal spic yet.

>>37277006
>>37277317
>>37277326
>>
>>37277201
>engineer at 22
How is this possible?
>>
File: jerry.jpg (5KB, 225x217px) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
5KB, 225x217px
1. automation
2. immigrants
3. nepotism

although i have a good job thank you based affirmative action
>>
>>37277458
University degree? I did it too
>>
>>37276928
Robots and immigrants take every other job.
>>
File: 1474251594099.gif (493KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474251594099.gif
493KB, 500x375px
>>37277513
>tfw parents took advantage of affirmative action so now you're just a normal middle class american who is also brown
They also bitched at me because they had to pay a few thousand of my over $30k debt. Little do they know they'll soon have to pay the whole thing.
>>
>>37277327
you a felon or something? at this point you'd be better off lying about prev employment
>>
>companies deliberately keep unemployment at a certain level to regulate the value of labor
>everything requires experience nowadays, and many of us don't have any
>even getting the experience to begin with often requires nepotism (which isn't always a bad thing)
>a lot of us are banking on college for job opportunities, and the jobs you can get over break are the ones that don't require a fuckload of training
>many jobs require certification and training we don't have the time or the resources to get
>illegal immiggrants take those jobs (actually, though...)
>trades are either becoming modernized or outright suffering
>everybody, and I mean everybody, thinks they need to go to college instead of trade schools or training
>oversaturation of liberal arts and social sciences by people who don't have a passion for them to begin with and aren't really willing to do the work required to make those degrees marketable
>"HURR I'M AN ENGLISH MAJOR BECAUSE I WANT TO BE A WRITER BUT I NEVER ACTUALLY WRITE"
>general apathy, complacency, and despair
>undergraduate degrees arethe new high school diploma

>>37277006
This, too.

Notably, even serving and being a busboy require experience in a lot of places. The easiest jobs to land without experience or certification are tutoring, dog walking, and babysitting. Actually, it's wise to do all three.
>>
>>37277420
>Because Boomers won't retire
they literally can't retire. my mom is 61 and still working like a dog til she can get SS.

this will be our fate too except they're going to do away with SS
>>
File: k10921.gif (97KB, 348x519px) Image search: [Google]
k10921.gif
97KB, 348x519px
>>37277006
Some economists are closer. Just this week krugman wrote
>You might say, with only a bit of hyperbole, that workers in America, supposedly the land of the free, are actually creeping along the road to serfdom, yoked to corporate employers the way Russian peasants were once tied to their masters' land.
And published this year is pic
>Mr. Scheidel's depressing view is bound to upset those who quite naturally might prefer to live in a world in which events might move political and social systems to figure out a more equitable way to distribute the fruits of growth without the plague, the guillotine or state collapse.
>>
>>37277775
No, and I've had friends whose job it is to look over my resume and tell me what needed to be improved.

Of course, with the exception of one, all of them got their jobs through family-friends and cousins, while my relatives have done fuck all to help me.
>>
>>37276928
>Ignores all the 20 somethings in the tech world making millions hand over fist because he's on r9k

lol wut
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.