[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Dad

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: gurp.jpg (232KB, 1128x780px) Image search: [Google]
gurp.jpg
232KB, 1128x780px
I have a 25 year old son I have not been in contact with since he was 5 due to bad divorce. He wants to connect. My fear is he is better off without me. Anons with no Dads please advise.
>>
>>37275228
He just wants to have a relationship with his father and you're a piece of shit if you don't oblige him. You already fucked him over by not being a strong role model in his life and guiding him, do this for him at least
>>
>>37275246
>it's the guy's fault
>>
Just try to put in effort before meeting him. Let's say you fluctuate. Between a 3-7 on 10 scale of how good a human you are. If you can show up with a 5/6 then it will be great
>>
just b urself

Seriously though you can't go wrong with honesty. Lying either way won't do him or you any good.
>>
>>37275252
It is. Considering he isn't an alcoholic retard, he could've been there for his son. Stop blaming all your problems on whores, you complain like a woman. No wonder you're a loser
>>
>>37275228
>I have a 25 year old son

I would advise you to get off the Chinese kids cartoon website, grandpa. Jesus Christ. I swear if I find myself browsing 4chan a day after my 30th birthday I'll throw my computer in a lake immediately.
>>
>>37275228
You must be in your mid 40s. Why are you even coming to this cesspool. Let alone for advice? My advice, reconnect with him. You will never know what might have been otherwise. This is your son you're talking about.
>>
>>37275297
I was an addict
>>37275292
>>37275276
>>37275246
I am sober for a few years now and have improved as a person. Maybe a 5/7 person when I was a 2/7
>>
File: stevie-steve-3-e1492373532802.jpg (36KB, 531x432px) Image search: [Google]
stevie-steve-3-e1492373532802.jpg
36KB, 531x432px
Grant your sons only wish and greet his face with the barrel of a 9mm.
>>
I never met my father, and I don't really want to. He never stuck around past knocking my mom up, so there aren't any unanswered questions like about divorce or etc
I think if I ever wanted to meet him in the future, it'd just be a casual coffee thing. What I'd recommend is: Pay for his lunch and don't expect him to be super polite. He probably just wants to ask some questions and connect out of a sense of closure, he's 25 so he already is "better off without you", he's a full grown man and you don't need to raise him anymore.
>>
>>37275228
Not having a dad sucks. He initiated contact and you owe it to him to help him out.
>>
>>37275349
Doesn't really change anything. just b urself.
>>
>>37275297
What the fuck are you even doing on /r9k/, you normalfag piece of shit? Go white knight on reddit or facebook.

>>37275228
>>37275349
Watch out. You might not know what the mother has told him about you. He could be trying to use you.
>>
>>37275328
But then the computers will infect the water with a virus and you'll have to get a human virus into the computers to kill the computer virus now in the water supply.

You need to think these things out, anon. This is exactly why you're still here.
>>
>>37275389
The mom is actually really awesome. We just started talking again last week. She got serious after our split and got on meds for bipolar. She inadvertently filled his head with too much good shit by not shit talking me and he is curious why we even broke up. He is graduating college and wants me to go. He has high functioning Asperger's and seems like a sweet guy. I didn't even pay child support but he calls me Dad. I feel both honored and shitty. Based on the responses here I have decided to go. The worst that can happen is he decides he wants no more contact. The absolute worst thing would be if all the rest of his family that remembers how shitty I was forgives me. Thanks guys.
>>
File: 1495513917139.jpg (135KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
1495513917139.jpg
135KB, 700x933px
My father abandoned my from the moment he heard of my mother's pregnancy. I've considered becoming a private eye just to track him down. Frankly, I don't want him in my life I'm just really curious to know what kind of person he is, and what he is doing today. My plan is to find him, introduce myself under a fake name, talk my way into his home, examine his living conditions, then leave without him knowing I was his son all along.

And yes OP if he wants to connect you owe it to him. Growing up without a father is tough because the mother will burden her son with situations the father should handle. I remember my mom had a bf that broke up with her and she got all suicidal and threatened to kill herself in front of me. Your son is probably trying to recover from his childhood and may want to know you as part of that, so he can move on.
>>
>>37275396
God how did Xavier not get more popular
>>
>>37275512
God speed and good luck anon. I hope you two connect and it helps you find happiness.
>>
I haven't seen or spoke to my dad since I was 8. He never paid child support. If he ever tried to contact me I would tell him to fuck off and die
>>
>>37275680
Thank you. I will text with him later to tell him I am coming. I can't call because he has a very controlling girl friend--the reason his Mom contacted me. She is hoping that my presence will give him the strength to move out and break off his abusive relationship. I am poorly equipped emotionally but I must try. I will have to be a friend because I do not know how to be a father. His graduation is on Father's Day. I feel unworthy of that privilege.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.