[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop feeling like shit?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: giantisopods_doritos1.jpg (33KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
giantisopods_doritos1.jpg
33KB, 600x347px
How do you stop feeling like shit?
>>
Where can I get 90's Doritos?
>>
>>37266859
healthy diet, light excercise at least, regular sleeping hours, sunlight, hydration.
>>
I stop feeling like shit through alcohol, it helps sometimes
>>
Those are some weird doggos.
>>
>>37266859
I get off of /r9k/ for a day or two
>>
>>37266859
You don't. You just wait and in some years maybe you gonna realize that you don't feel sad anymore.
>>
>>37266859
I don't
:^)
I just struggle to improve things even though it feels hopeless. Sometimes it works out, other times you just have to ignore being rational that it takes so much time and effort that it'll never balance out even when things get better.
>>
>>37266859
high self esteem, which you get from putting effort into something until you start getting results. So basically the opposite of /r9k/'s mentality
>>
Proper diet, fish oil, lift weights, set realistic goals you can work towards, make your bed every day when you wake up.
>>
>>37266859
You do hedonistic stuff like take drugs and spend your month's pay/neet bux in the brother and postpone yout shitty feeling a day or two.
If you wanna change this feeling in the long term you need to work and shit
>>
>>37267942
Ignore being rational?
Explain
>>
>>37266859
take a shower, walk for 30-60 minutes every day.
>>
>>37266901
nah, still feel like shit
>>
>>37266901
Define "healthy diet"
>>
>>37269497
balance of colorful veggies, lean protein, brown carbs, and fruits.
>>
fap, work, jogging and sleep
>>
>>37269589
How do you even build a heathy diet?
Should I just eat random healthy shit or have a tight schedule?
>>
>>37266859
Accomplish something.
>>
>>37269589
start by measuring your daily calorie intake and initial weight. over a week of daily measurement, did you gain weight or lose weight?

if you gained weight, then you lower your daily calorie intake, and vice versa until you get to a goal weight. while you do this, throw out all soda, sugars, and trans/ saturated fats. Try to replace the calories with veggies and fruits after you add about 2 servings of protein (chicken breast, salmon, steak. 93~154 cal).

balance should change as you go. are you working out for the gainz? add an extra or two ounces of protein.

sick or trying to lose weight? less carbs and more fruits and onions.

feeling tired or constantly hungry? add little more carbs and spread your meal through out the day (6 small meals instead of 3 regular meals)
>>
>>37269628
whoops wrong one, here ya go anon
>>37269785
>>
>>37266859
>How do you stop feeling like shit?
you stop thinking like shit

your thoughts control your emotions, not the other way around

unironically start thinking positive thought
>>
>>37269863
>lmao just dont be depressed
solid advice
>>
>>37269882
that's how psychology works

it's not my opinion but it's facts
>>
Get an antidepressant prescription.
>>
>>37270045
Sometimes is better to feel like shit than to feel like a vegetable.
>>
>>37269970
the only fact here is you're bullshiting
>>
>>37269863
anti depressants helped stop me from overthinking
>>
>>37269195
You never thought to yourself, life is hard, I don't want to do this anymore, improving it wont ever make up for how shit it's been, I can check out anytime I want?
>>
>>37270103
yee

>>37270082
nah

you are just being stupid
>>
>>37269863
This is legitimately good advice. Thinking positive thoughts makes you feel positive
>>
>>37269589
>lean protein
And what kind of "lean protein" are you suggesting anon?
>>
>>37270146
your advice is stupid normie. you've never had problems
>>
>>37266859
W-what the fuck are those?
>>
File: qt.png (139KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
139KB, 431x431px
>>37271014
Real-life pokemon
>>
File: 453645634563456345.jpg (217KB, 1024x686px) Image search: [Google]
453645634563456345.jpg
217KB, 1024x686px
>>37266859
Identify your emotions, pause, list them in your had, write them down etc.
Rank each one on a scale of 1-10.
Find a meridian point on your body, the side of your hand what doesn't have the thumb or on the bony bit underneath your eye-socket should do.
Tap on that point, and don't think about anything, for 20 seconds, rank your emotions again, you'll find they should've gone down because you're not thinking about anything.
Repeat the process until your negative emotions are gone.

Works for me.
>>
>>37269863
It's hard to do. They keep coming back to me. I can't think positively when the last six months were utter shit, when I've failed everything I was tasked to do, and when I know that the next six months will probably be just as shitty.
>>
>>37270380
it's the basics of the psychology you stupid low iq

>>37271081
>It's hard to do.
i know it's really fucking hard, but if you don't want to feel like shit you have to train your brain. it's the only way.

remember: there is nothing good or bad, but thinking it is, makes it so. an event can't be negative nor positive, it's your thoughts that gives value to it.

you should google marcus aureliu

some quotes:
> you have power over your mind - not outside events. realize this, and you will find strength

>If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it: and this you have the power to revoke at any moment

>take away your opinion, and there is taken away the complaint. take away the complaint, and the hurt is gone
>>
>>37271386
I don't know if we live in the same world friend. I don't have the motivation to change things or train my brain. I just can't. There aren't even specific events that make me feel bad. I just feel bad by default.
>>
>>37271428
im sorry :(
have you tried therapy then?
>>
>>37271496
No, too much shame.
>>
>>37271528
shame of what? i know i'm sounding like a 100% normie but you shouldn't feel ashamed of anything

therapists will neither think bad nor good about you, they won't judge you
and if they would, then fuck them cause you deserve to feel better in life and you deserve all the help you need

shame is better than feeling like shit and being depressed
>>
>>37270045
antidepressants wont make you happy
>>
>>37271656
Shame because I don't have a car to drive there and any absence from home will earn me a call to the cops because I'm a sperg nerd who never leaves his room.

I don't want to tell my parents or my local doctor who would rate out everything.
>>
>>37270173
different anon but don't eat red or processed meats. Stick to things like chicken, turkey, and various fish. If you want the leanest protein go with beans, legumes, and lentils.
>>
>>37266859
stop being shit, that will help
>>
>>37271081
Think of your past, present, and future as a boat. The wake of the boat being the past, the boat itself is the present, and the direction it moves in is the future. The wake only tells you where the boats been and not where its going. Let go of the past as it is no longer relevant and you might find peace in the future.
>>
>>37271933
I just don't have any motivation left. I can't move the goddamn boat, friendo...
>>
>>37271988
You've gotta go deep inside that motherfucker. It's not that you've run out of fuel but there a technical deficiencies which need tending to
>>
>>37271878
How? I know I'm shit and I want to stop.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.