[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW TO MOVE TO JAPAN FOR DUMMIES

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 19

Here is Retard-proof way to move to Japan. Follow this step-by-step guide and you will be in Japan by the end.

Save this guide to your computer somewhere. I aint re-posting this shit anymore.

These steps start easy, and get gradually harder. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Step 1.) Introduce yourself at a 4chan japanese language learning general
>>>/int/74760623 (easy)
>>>/int/74766668 (intermediate)
>>>/jp/16996071 (anime weeb)

Why: this step is important because you need to surround yourself in a community that will support and critique your pursuit of Japanese. You will have to stand up for yourself to make this happen

MOTIVATION TIME: If you need motivation to begin learning japanese, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IOZbJ7PCPk

Step 2.) Start learning japanese by learning hiragana/katakana. There are many ways to do this. For average 4chan user I recomend steam game 'Learn Japanese to Survive: Hiragana Battle'. It's a 20 hour game that, by the end, you will be motivated to do this shit: http://store.steampowered.com/app/438270 - There is a sequel called Katakana War but you can safely ignore katakana for now

Step 3.) With Hiragana complete, you are mentally ready to tackle this shit. Download and begin core 6k deck. You can find it here: https://djtguide.neocities.org/anki.html

Step 4.) Start Tae Kim's guide. http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/ . Do 1 chapter every 2 days. 1 chapter every day if NEET.

Step 5.) Set Anki for 15-20 words a day. Your objective is to complete core 6k/Tae Kim by end of year

Step 6.) Start attending college. Maybe a community college that is cheap in your area. You need a Bachelor's Degree to go to Japan. This is not optional unless you get a japanese girlfriend, which you will only find in college anyway.

Step 7.) It is now October 2017 (or October 2018). Apply for JLPT. Choose N3. (N2 only if Tae Kim/Core 6k are both 100% complete)
Apply here: http://www.jlpt.jp/e/
>>
>>37262254
Step 8.) Complete JLPT. Take the Harder JLPT exam next year (N2 in 2018 if you took N3, if you took N2 and passed in 2017, aim for N1 in 2018 because why not)

Step 9.) Get associate's degree from your community college. Get a full-time job and save money. You need at least $26,000 in the bank.

Step 10.) Take 2018 or 2019 JLPT. Pass. Remember, if you fail the exam, you are fucked. Do Not fail the exam. It is only administered once a year. This will be your N2 certificate or N1 certificate. This is your ticket to Japan, TIP: If you have acquired N2 or N1 before getting your associate's degree, it is technically possible to move to Japan "early" on under-graduate visa to complete your bachelor's, but for most learners, you will have to wait until you have a bachelor's

If you got this far, you're probably one of the chosen ones. From here on will entail how you transition to moving to Japan from where you are now, so please be mentally ready for what lies ahead

Step 11.) Acquire N2 or N1 certificate based on how good your japanese study was. Acquire bachelor's degree from your community college. Have $26,000 in your bank account.

The door is now open. Your path to Japan is finally open, anon

Select one of the following steps and pursue that specific step until its completion and you will finally live in Japan and earn a japanese flag icon on 4chan

Step 12a.) Student visa method - Apply to japanese university. Show everyone your N2 or N1 certificate to bypass japanese learning school requirement. Enter japanese university on scholarship. Stay in japanese university until you find good job, then leave school and transfer to work visa

Step 12b.) Work visa method: Use the website Gaijob to find a job in japan and apply. Show bachelor's degree, and if required for a translator job, N2/N1 certificate.

Step 12c.) Marriage visa method: Marry a japanese girl. Get free access to japan. You now have access to every single job in japan. Even minimum wage.
>>
>>37262289
Step 12d.) JET Method: Apply to JET Programme. This method does not require $26,000 so if you have trouble acquiring $26,000 this is the method for you. Be warned: JET is 80% autism. You will have severe autistic co-workers who are NOT prepared for Japan. You will be one of the sane, strong 20%. Use time in JET looking for a different job. JET Is a dead-end job, it is only used to get your foot in the door. You will be employed in Japan for a while, use your days off and vacation pursuing other jobs. Also, JET does not require N2. HOWEVER. Your jobs after JET while require Japanese knowledge, so N2 is still highly reccomended if your future is in Japan. Bachelor's degree still required for this method

Apply for JET here (only if doing Step10d): https://jetprogramusa.org/
--
Step 12e.) 10 years work experience

If you can't get a bachelor's degree, and you can't get a japanese girlfriend, but you can save $26,000, there is one method for you. If you work the same job for 10-years consecutively, you can apply for japanese job of the same type. For example: Chef in 10 years in America > Chef in Japan. This is the only step besides a marriage visa that does not require bachelor's degree or N2 requirement.

Step 12f.) Rich as fuck method

If you are "Rich as fuck", there is an easy shortcut to Japan. Attend a JLS for 6 months > 2 years. Find a 5-star JLS here: https://gogonihon.com/ - You will spend roughly $30,000 for 2 years in japan. They will teach you Japanese. At the end of 2 years, they will help you apply to Japanese university if you do not have bacheor's degree. If you have bachelor's degree, they will help you find a job in Japan.

THATS IT. These are the only SIX "Real" methods to entering Japan. Pick 1 of these 6. That's all you get.

Good luck anon, you'll need it.

>>>/int/75167391
>>>/jp/17057725
>>>/int/75222684
>>
Any tips for a 65 year old guy that's going to do a job is research in Japan for 13 months? My father's going to work in Japan for a while after his retirement starts to be able to continue some of his research (he has worked to together with a japanese lab for some time already and they will stop his research project here). He's struggling to learn the language and I feel most of the things recommended here for motivation won't really work for him.
>>
lol sounds easy.
>>
now do thailand
>>
>>37262254
>study literally anything for 4 years
>Become english teacher.
There, it's that easy.
>>
>>37262438
What country you live in?

Japan has a ton of ways to TEMPORARILY move to the country. Almost no requirements, especially if you're in a country that has the "holiday work visa" offered.

If your goal is to only live in japan for a few months/a year, it is not hard at all and disgustingly achievable.
>>
>>37262254
I'm an anon that's in Japan for college
And why the fuck do people want to come here again? It's barely better than any other old developped country and girls are too fucking shy and don't want to get drunk
>>
>>37262540
>becoming english teacher in Japan

That's a dead end job with no pay. Get a real job in Japan and do english tutoring on the side. English tutoring on Japan pays $50/hour, which is far more than you earn as a school teacher.

Also, if you are moving to Japan just to be an english teacher with no japanese in your pocket, you will be very depressed when you get there. Japan is not built for english speakers. It only takes 2 steps out of Tokyo or Osaka to realize that
>>
File: 1491056201033.jpg (14KB, 344x395px) Image search: [Google]
1491056201033.jpg
14KB, 344x395px
>wanting to move to a nation that hates white people
>>
>>37262559
>I'm an anon that's in Japan for college

post-grad or under-grad? country of origin? I love success stories.

if you're under the age of 21, doing school in japan is not that difficult. plenty of scholarships for it, but as soon as you turn 21, it becomes nightmarishly difficult
>>
>>37262573
>racism being bad
Libtard detected, they don't have a nigger problem or a jew problem unlike "white" nations.
>>
>>37262545
He has already got a visa and shit, all the official stuff is done. However, how do you learn a 65 year old how not to make an ass out of himself for a year? That's basically all I'm asking. And yeah my dads kinda autistic so that doesn't help either.
>>
File: okayyy.gif (916KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
okayyy.gif
916KB, 245x285px
>>37262573
>t. white male living in japan smashing all the chink pussy
im on to you fucker, you just want that pussy all to yourself
>>
>>37262581
How about the fact that the overwhelming majority of people on this site are white. And you're giving them advice to move to Japan. One of the most xenophobic nations on the planet.

Visit Japan, you don't want to live there unless you're Japanese.
>>
>>37262616
>xenophobic
liberal buzzword
>>
Cool guide. I'm self studying Japanese for fun but I don't think i'd ever want to do anything but visit
>>
File: 1482062848818.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482062848818.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
>>37262579
>Post-grad or undergrad
Undergrad without scholarship because I saved enough money before leaving
>Country of Origin
France, which I left because the main/only path for a career as an international agent for development banks was through a studies in politics
>I love success stories
It's not that much of a success story, I haven't done anything. All I've achieved was moving out of my parrents place to go to a foreing country
>if you're under the age of 21, doing school in japan is not that difficult.
That is an understatement, I'm breezing through my studies like it's nothing. It's almost as if we're here on a 4 year holiday
>>
Anyone know how easy/hard it is to get into Saga University's exchange program?
>>
>>37262586
Does he have any understanding of japanese culture?

If he's only doing it for a year, i really wouldn't care about how others percieve you in the country. Generally people only care about that when they have hidden agendas like wanting to stay or finding a girlfriend.

Learning japanese culture is a whole different ballgame, but you pick up on it as you study japanese. It's quite hard to understand without learning japanee unless you took classes on japanese culture in college.
>>
>>37262644
Same here. I just want to be able to watch animu without subtitles. I don't think I'd survive working in Japan, and the country probably doesn't need any more NEETs.
>>
>>37262676
You undergrad'd your way to japan? Without a scholarship?

I refuse to believe this. You either had a really good paying job, didn't pay rent, or had help from your family. You got past the $26,000 requirement and could afford to pay japanese university costs while staying above the $26,000 treshold? I refuse to believe it. But you claim to have done it, that's surprising.

>That is an understatement
So you are below 21? Now it's even harder to believe you saved $26,000 without help
>>
>>37262725
>exchange program

Anon. Don't do it. Exchange student is a meme. Most countries let you temporarily move to other countries on a transfer student for a time limit of 1 year

Don't do it. Apply directly to college. That way you can stay in the college. Don't let your country's government shackle you. You need to be free to live your own life.
>>
>>37262813
I'm already in college and my parents are paying for it, albeit the costs are reduced due to scholarships and I can't find a part time job to save my life, I'm just not confident or agreeable enough to get through the interview process
>>
>Marry a Japanese woman

How to do this? I'm autistic

Can I just stay with student visa?
>>
>>37262836
>my parents are paying for it

Don't waste your parents money with a time limit of 1 year temporary exchange student.

Use their money to apply directly to the college so your parents don't feel like they wasted their money when you eventually return and tell them you want to go back.

I was like you once. When I was 18, I had $5,000 and wasted it on facebook games instead of investing in my future. And trust me, an exchange student is NOT investing in your future. It's a dead end that eventually kicks you out of the country.

Don't fuck this up, you only have ONE life, after all
>>
>>37262802
>$26,000 without help
I never said I didn't have help, I just said I didn't have a scholarship.
>either had a really good paying job, didn't pay rent
I worked part time for my entire high school years and lived with my parrents before, so. I got to a reasonable amount
>had help from your family
Grand-father gave a lot, sure. I left with around 20,000$ (Of which only 7,000$ came through my own sweat) and a loan of 15,000$ to cover the rest.
>>
File: 1473609936919.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473609936919.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>37262887
>I had $5,000 and wasted it on facebook games
How?

HOW? Are you a middle aged stay at home mother?
>>
I wonder if I asked a Japanese girl to marry me for a visa if she'd do it
>>
>>37262887
I don't think they'll pay for me to go to a Japanese university, if it costs 26k which is an elevated expense in my country due to inflation

They already told me that if I get a masters or a law degree or anything like that, they won't be paying for it
>>
>>37262845
>How to do this? I'm autistic

It's actually easier than getting a girlfriend in the West.

But the same rules apply. If you can get a girl in the West, you can get a girl in Japan. Just be careful. Western girls have a tendency to latch onto you when you're about to leave and convince you to stay in the country. I'm dealing with this right now. It's not easy to say goodbye to someone you like
>>
>>37262910
She'd ask for money I think
>>
I'm a huge weeb and I still wouldn't want to live in Nipland. That would mean trying to blend in the work force, which if "successful" is suicide basically. That's assuming they let a gaijin in in the girst place
>>
>>37263011
what if im good looking
>>
>>37263072
You think she'd easily accept you using her for papers?

Being good looking doesn't help that much in life.
>>
>>37262918
Then don't move to Japan until you have $26,000 dimwit

Have them put the money into your savings account which makes saving $26k easier. That way you actually use the money they were going to give you to invest in your future. and it's less work for you in the long run.

And start seeking scholarships ASAP
>>
>>37263114
How long does it take to save up 26k with a part time job?
I don't really spend
>>
>>37262903
You lucky bastard.

As soon as you get your bachelor's, apply for the Monbukasho scholarship and go for your master's.
>>
File: 1.png (952KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
952KB, 1280x720px
>>37263005
>If you can get a girl
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BOARD
>>
There's no step by step sure-win way into entering Japan. I studied some Japanese - without tae Kim's morbidly confusing guide - went to university, bought a one way ticket here and just went job-hunting. Who cares if teaching English is a dead end job? Looks better than NEETery on your resume. And there are sooooo many foreign men who have been teaching English forEVER and they're still doing it???
>>
>>37263133
That's a personal question.

Reduce your costs. Pay minimal rent.

Pay minimal food. You're going to Japan so might as well transition to 0.89$ cup noodles. It's cheap and gets the job done.

if your part time job is really, really shit, apply for food stamps so you pay literally $0 for food.

This is where your real grind begins. Find all the ways to get as much returns as possible, use all the governement assistance you have access to, and get every scholarship you qualify for

It's not hard -- it's just dedication.
>>
>>37263197
>ask how do I get a japanese girlfriend
>bitch when that requires you to get a girl

can we talk like adults in this thread

even autistic people can get girlfriend. One of the most autistic posters of /v/ that shills the final fantasy threads got a girlfriend, literally anybody can
>>
>>37262254
I don't understand JET it seems to accept anyone, which is why so many people that are a part of it are pasty weebs surprised that Japanese hate them
>>
>>37263351
>even autistic people can get girlfriend
ok, how?
>>
>>37262616
>One of the most xenophobic nations on the planet
Confirmed for having never lived in Japan or bothered to actually learn their culture and interact with Japanese people. Maybe try getting your opinions from sites other than Salon and Reddit
>>
>>37263450
>I don't understand JET it seems to accept anyone, which is why so many people that are a part of it are pasty weebs surprised that Japanese hate them

JET is 80% autism. If you're trying to go to Japan, please let JET be your last resort.
>>
>>37263493
find a girl as autistic as you?

hoestly make a different thread for that. the truth is you already know how to get a girl, you just don't want to put the work in. please post in different thread for this problem
>>
File: IMG_0300.gif (80KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0300.gif
80KB, 248x203px
This is fucking gay lol

I just joined the Navy now I'm here for 4 years slaying sushi and Jap pushi
>>
>>37263493
i have one but i've never met her and she lives across the sea in thailand.
asia is definitely the place to look though if you're capable of leaving your house.
>>
>>37263594
I thought about it very briefly bc I wa desperate. But I'm going next summer for study abroad
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>37262254
>>37262289
>>37262325
>>37263541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-tEtBHhIfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX9I4DubpN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZHzbjGgjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c87zGeTGvI4

Why the fuck would you want to go to japan as a foreigner?
With no experience with Japanese?

You do realize it takes 5 years of university level Japanese to even get considered allowance into japan
Not 6 months on some shitty "daily wapanese thread" you found online.

Japan doesn't want outsiders
They never have
and they never will
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (17KB, 283x438px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
17KB, 283x438px
>>37263653
>study abroad

please tell me you didn't fall for the "exchange student" or "foreign study program" meme that kicks you out of the country after 1 year

if you did, consider the following. this planet's governments make it too easy for desperate people to fall into this trap
>>
>>37263728
>it takes 5 years of university level Japanese to even get considered allowance into japan
Any proof of that? Their immigration system requires a second grade level at most and there are a mega assload of gaijin over there who can barely speak japanese

some people there don't even know any
>>
>>37263728
5 shekels are deposted into your bank account
>>
>>37263770
Don't listen to him. There's an organized force on /int/, particulary in the /Japanese/ thread made by people to try to shitpost people from learning japanese, they're the people that want you to stay in your country. You have to learn to filter these people out of your mind because they'll honestly never go away on the internet side of things. There will always be people trying to stop you, just disregard them and do what you truly feel is right.

Also, University-level japanese is shit. If you're taking japanese courses in university you are literally doing it wrong. Japan prepares you for N3 level japanese, you need N2/N1 to go to Japan, something only possible with self-study, so the only japan courses you should be taking in university are Japanese Religion, Japanese Mythology, Japanese Sociology, Japanese Government, etc.
>>
>>37263814
My university's too white to have any of that shit

Also, that sucks. I thought learning Japanese in university would motivate me to study more in my spare time, if I moved to my country's capital I would've majored in Japanese translation (actual thing in my capital's university)
>>
>>37263731
Nope just studying at a language school for 2 and a half months, I don't want any long term stay
>>
>>37263835
community college? you might have the same options I do, friend.
>>
>>37263941
No, not community college. Just a shitty university

I get good grades but everyone here's dumb as a stump
>>
>>37263906
good on you, anon!

if you choose language school, at least 1 year is good because you have enough time in japan to decide if you suddenly want to stay

i feel like 2 and a half months isn't long enough for you to truly think about it, and at the end you'll end up saying goodbye far too soon.

but if that's what you want, more power to you. have fun
>>
why on earth would anyone want to move to Japan?

No, the women there don't care that you are white. If you can't get women in your home country, you won't be able to get them in Japan.
no, they aren't more "submissive" or less slutty than anywhere else.
The japanese are racist as fuck to anyone who isn't a fellow nip. that includes you, whiteys.
Japanese work culture is HELL. they work you like dogs until you collapse or die from exhaustion. promotions? lol, good luck, cracker.
The japanese still live in the 90s, so i hope you're familiar with fax machines, unheated houses and odd opening hours.
The photoshopped supermodels you jack off to every day are not representative of the average Japanese woman.
if you admit to liking anime, which i know you fucking dweebs do, you'll get branded a pedophile. Yes, even if you like GAR shit.
the media is heavily regulated by the far-right government. far-right, as in, fuck foreigners, which includes you.
so why? literally WHY would you move to that shithole?
>>
>>37263957
>No, not community college. Just a shitty university

Oh boy, you're racking up your student loan at a university that doesn't even teach anything related to Japanese

That isn't a good sign. I can't think of a particular way out of that hell either. I want to tell you to transfer out ASAP but..
>>
>>37264043
>student debt
I don't have any. But the neighboring college teaches some Japanese classes and I can transfer into a few of their courses
I'm the anon whose parents and scholarships are paying for his education
>>
>>37264074
Do some research on universities in your area

Look on their websites, specifically, look at universities with PARTNER UNIVERSITIES IN JAPAN and asian study programs

Let me use my state as an example. This is where I live:

http://www.umass.edu/asian/study-abroad-asian

See the giant list of japanese partner universities? This is potential. For you.

These universities will have professors and educators extremely well experienced with immigrating to Japan, its those universities that have courses dedicated to studying abroad, and japanese culture, etc.

Get an adviser that specializes in Japan and i'm pretty sure you can find out how to make it work.

You're going to want to ditch your uni, anon. You don't have much time desu. How far are you in your degree?
>>
>>37264074
also i can give you personalized assistance on discord if you don't want to reveal too much information on the board
>>
>>37262254
Or
1.Apply to non-shit university with english program and get an auto 5 year visa. Even with no nip and a 2.0 in undergrad I was accepted and got a full ride at todai because lol affirmative action and doing well on the entrance test.
>>
>>37264074
Classes are a shit way to learn. They can be a good supplement but if you're not doing a lot on your free time you're wasting your effort. Eroge all day every day is the best method desu. You don't need comprehension to appreciate a toddler getting railed by a man in a whale costume.
>>
>>37264597
Little-known fact:

-English speaking universities still want some proficiency in japanese. N2 is encouraged. Don't believe me? Look it up.

-English speaking universities cost a lot of money. You still need $26,000 that doesn't go away

-There are ZERO student loans in Japan. Japan doesn't even know the meaning f the phrase "student loan". I talked with this japanese girl on LINE a week ago and when i was talking about student loans she thought I was talking about scholarships. She didn't even know what an associate's degree was. I'm not making this up

-Scholarships for whites in japan are limited. You have to do a LOT of research to pull it off. I'm currently doing this, but im not sure how to snake by the $26,000 requirement when i'll likely only have $16,000~$17,000 by that time next year. Gonna need help from my japanese friends for sure.

but yes, your method is good. very good actually. the hard part is the scholarship opportunities for undergraduate study
>>
>>37262325
is this like a "the treasure really was the adventures they had" situation where at the end you don't really give to shits about japan anymore
>>
File: lwKWsyi[1].png (559KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
lwKWsyi[1].png
559KB, 800x600px
>>37264756
I don't believe you because I am currently at one.

You are GUARANTEED a jasso scholarship at any non-shit university and it's almost guaranteed to get further support at dozens of other opportunities. You're talking out your ass. I can't speak for undergrad at other universities, but at todai at least PEAK and other programs offer a full ride and almost guaranteed acceptance for whites.
>>
>>37264778
anon, getting into Japan is only the beginning. It's outside of the context of this thread,but once you're in the country a new chapter begins with new challenges. On top of the stuff you already deal with in your current country like a job, money, girlfriend, you get a couple new challenges like immersing in foreign culture, getting permenent residency, completing your visa requirements, and becoming a citizen. Getting to Japan is just the beginning of a life-long adventure
>>
How to be an adult and a functioning human being:

1) Stop watching anime.

2) Realize Japan is a terrible place to live with a high suicide rate.

3) Get a job.
>>
>>37264851
>You are GUARANTEED a jasso scholarship

If you're under age 21
http://www.jasso.go.jp/en/study_j/scholarships/__icsFiles/afieldfile/2017/04/05/scholarship_2017_eng.pdf

Did you even read the fine print? I'm 25, JASSO is out of the question at this point unless I change my major to "Japanese Studies". Ew.
>>
>>37264851
average neckbeard weeb fatass
>>
>>37264962
m8 check my birthdate in the image, i'm 28
and in electrical engineering.

90% of those don't have age limits.

>>37264992
Well yeah, i'm on /r9k/
>>
>>37263728
can't you fuck off back to buzzfeed or facebook?
>>
>>37264958
the high suicide rate is only for the native japs

many people who move there are happy
>>
I'm planning on getting my PhD in Nipland. Will dedicate next year to JLPT.

I heard it's easy to get a scholarship and other support if you're applying for a PhD as a Westerner, is that true?
>>
>>37265083
So long as you're at a national university(tokyo/kyoto/others i can't remember) yes.

You'll need to go masters(~2 years) then PhD(~3 years) though, they're a lot more regimented than the states.
Nips are big on ranking stupid shit like that.
>>
File: scholarship.png (180KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
scholarship.png
180KB, 1280x1024px
>>37265017
shit dude. am I correct in thinking you did -this-scholarship?

When the living cost outside of tuition in japan, especially tokyo, is around 20k a year, a monthly stipend of $480 isnt much. my GI bill in america gives $1k a month.
>>
>>37265121
I already (almost) got a Master's from Yurop though. Can I use that?
>>
>>37265126
That on top of local scholarships. Also the cost of living is much less, even in the shithole that is tokyo, especially if you're in a dorm. It'd be rough to do only that scholarship if you weren't doing a job/had savings though. Just shotgun applications and you'll get 1/2 others.
>>
>>37262559

god forbid they aren't getting smashed and fucking tyrone and chad every weekend like white western pigsluts
>>
>>37265126
That on top of local scholarships. Also the cost of living is much less, even in the shithole that is tokyo, especially if you're in a dorm. It'd be rough to do only that scholarship if you weren't doing a job/had savings though. Just shotgun applications and you'll get 1/2 others.
>>37265167
Should work. I was kind of surprised because in the US you go straight to PhD and get a masters if you fuck up, could be different in europe.
>>
>>37265174
>>37265192
Interesting. At the moment i'm at a shitty community college due to get my associate's in July next year, so there is no specialists I can see about these JASSO scholarships.

So in terms of winging these scholarships, i'm not really sure where to get started, but i'm probably going to start by going to my local japanese embassy as you probably did. I didn't think i'd have to deal with MEXT so soon..
>>
>>37264162
Sorry, I was out for lunch. One year in. I have an A- average.
>>
Why would anyone want to move to Japan? A bunch of ugly ass nips and their shitty chinese rip-off language.
>>
>>37265373
Pretty much everything comes down to the university you get accepted to so I'd focus on entrance exams before worrying about scholarships.
>>37265511
because their government pays you shekels to study there and even the betaest of faggots is at least normie tier.
>>
>>37265421
hell, the anon a couple of posts above has a success story on entering japanese university under-graduate.

Maybe you can go from your associate's directly to japanese university (which is my plan).

But dealing with JASSO might be a bit tricky if you're coming from a university with no experience in Japan.

plan to get N4 or N3 minimum by next year, and when you get your associate's start the process.

it sounds like we're at about the same point in our education, so your path to japan might be extremely similar to mine. i'd reccomend hitting me up on discord, skype, or LINE regardless
>>
File: [sweating intensifies].gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
[sweating intensifies].gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>37265542
>so I'd focus on entrance exams

>EJU
>for english university

are you shitting me. i still have to deal with that in an english university even with a 3.6GPA and associate's?
>>
>>37265590
Japan has a boner for tests. On the plus side once you're accepted it's almost impossible to fail out.
>>
>>37264007
you sound jaded
>>
>>37265652
>Japan has a boner for tests. On the plus side once you're accepted it's almost impossible to fail out.

Dude, the EJU is harder than the JLPT. The test is so hard that japanese people go to cram schools for years to prepare for it. The requirements for Kyushu University stated I could just use my SAT scores in America or something. I was planning on being N3 ready next year, EJU ready is a whole different story and will set me back years.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 959x629px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 959x629px
>>37262254
>how to destroy japan for dummies
>>
>>37265726
I don't know shit about the EJU, i didn't take it, each university will have their own tests or requirements as an alternative though. If you're in a science field you might not even need any nip, at least that's how it was for grad school. Had an english test but no japanese test lol.
>>
>>37265790
>grad school

i thought you were an undergraduate. of course, once you get your bachelor's you can qualify for the government scholarships japan has to offer

i don't want to disregard everything you said though. i think you convinced me to go check my embassy and japan group out tommorow morning and set up appointments or something.
>>
>>37263996
The condensed/summer courses are dense as fuck (not in a bad way). Probably need to dedicate 4 hours a day minimum doing work/study. Plus a shit ton of kanji. Overall I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>37263623

Dude, no offense but you don't really belong here. You don't seem to be much autistic and you apparently have a lot of experience in these things, why are you even here?
>>
>>37265998
The key part is doing nip in your free time on top of that. Eroge all day everyday isn't a meme, it works.
>>
>>37262254
Im not longer a weebo tho. im more interested to live in cremona italy and make violins there i have become a italeebo.
>>
>>37265192

how much shekel do you get all in all per month from scholarships? are you on MEXT?

also how difficult was the entrance exam for todai?
>>
>>37265998
Yeah it's fun. I wish I had the money for it, but I don't

3 months is pretty cheap too. It's what, maybe $5000ish and you can do it on your regular visa without even needing a student visa
>>
>>37266239
JASSO and a university scholarship totaling 200k(~2k$) nip bucks a month. The exam was pretty hard, and i fucked up scoring around the 50th percentile. Hooray affirmative action. Got a perfect on the english test tho.
>>
>>37266277

jasso is also for phd level?
>>
>>37266346
Yup. Didn't even need to fill out forms, pretty much automatic once the university makes a request.
>>
File: tamogami.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
tamogami.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
>>37264597
here you caim to be undergrad
>>37265871
>>37266277
here you claim to be grad school

i am so confused right now
>>
>>37266429
I claimed to have a 2.0 in undergrad, not that i was an undergrad.
>>
>>37266407

that sounds pretty good, i am planning to apply probably for the next cycle.
are you also in the graduate school of information science and technology?
>>
>>37266245
Yup that's the plan. Because of so many of my requirements for my major must be taken at that uni (not even community college), I can't do a year or even a semester, but I'll make the most of it next summer
>>
>>37266497
Electrical Engineering. What kind of research do you want to do?
>>
>>37266277
Can someone explain the JASSO? Also, can it be for short time stays? Also shamelessly asking for any good scholarships because I could always use some help
>>
>>37266526

I'm most interested in Machine Learning.
http://www.ms.k.u-tokyo.ac.jp/ has a pretty good reputation world wide.

was your bachelors from an ivy? I have a M.Sc from a pretty good UK University.
>>
>No mention of Kanji
Anons just do it, there is no good reason to avoid it unless you're trying to speed run your way to fluency

You should also avoid memeshit like Duolingo and Lingualift, they're wastes of time and money. That money could be spent on JALUP Max which is damn good investment in my opinion.
>>
>>37266492
aye, i was lead to the belief that you completed undergraduate study in Japan.

going to japanese university after bachelor's is straigtforward enough. the Monbukagakusho scholarship is $1,500 and can cover you all the way to your master's degree

on the other hand,
going to japanese university to complete your bachelor's degree seems to be hard as fuck and is what im looking into. no idea where to get started but i'm fishing universities to get a feel for things. Kyushu University looks pretty cool. $5,000/semester and only $200/mo for housing. But a crappy $480/month scholarship isn't going to keep me afloat there
>>
>>37266129
Well I will definitely be getting some games, not sure if I have the balls (female)[\spoiler] to waltz into a store and buy outright porn games tho
>>
>>37266578
Who's running away from it? I find honestly fun to see how the radicals form it's meaning, good stuff
>>
>>37266664
I said that there is no good reason to not study Kanji unless you are trying to speed run (rush) your way to fluency
>>
>>37266641
>female
just get some Otome
>>
>>37262254
I already speak Japanese fluently (it's really not that hard guys, it just takes a while)

I'm still stuck in this god forsaken shithole though because I'm too poor to get a degree
>>
>>37266562
I didn't have an ivy league bachelors degree, I went to a rice which was an upper tier school though. Ah, unfortunately I don't know many people from CS, I work in MEMS so I can't help you there. A big thing in Japan is the professors approval so you should probably email a few professors you'd want to work under beforehand. From what I've heard it makes it a lot easier to get accepted.
>>37266549
Basically getting a living stipend. I think it's year long so you'd be SOL for short terms.

>>37266641
Download them for free like god intended.
https://sukebei.pantsu.cat/
>>37266580
Yeah It's probably harder to get funding for undergrad, I've heard some companies will help out if you work for them on breaks though. Good luck!
>>
>>37266773

just asked re the undergrad because a gpa of 2.0 seems pretty low for acceptance at todai (unless maybe from an ivy).is the "affirmative action" meme real towards whites.

How is your life in the lab?I just checked the linked lab and there are zero foreigners, thats a bit scary i have to admit.
>>
>>37266771
use your japanese skills to acquire a japanese girlfriend, use marriage visa to get into japan

done
>>
>>37266827
I think affirmative action is a thing in Japan, professors want to look "international", but I also worked for two years doing research for the US military in a related field after college which may have helped.

It really depends on the lab, grad students are the same as everywhere, lazy and procrastinating which was comforting. I was the only foreigner in my lab, but after a few months of weirdness people get used to it and it's pretty normal.
>>
>>37266745
Those are boring for the most part. Unless you have recommendations
>>
>>37266942
Didn't mystic messenger single handedly destroy the entire female community on its side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMRzbB0Xlk

>the most popular Otome game in recent history is Korean
feels like only Korea is going after the female otakus.
>>
>>37266942
https://vndb.org/v5657

Not sure if it's an otome per-say, but the main character's a boy who's constantly raped by female villains.
>>
>>37266578
>That money could be spent on JALUP Max

Those flashcards don't even use all of the basic joyo kanji. I was disgusted when I found this out and immediately applied for a refund. 5000 flashcards up to "Expert" level. There is zero excuse for not only including all the basic bitch 2,136 kanji, but even a bunch more on top of that
>>
>>37266773
>Yeah It's probably harder to get funding for undergrad, I've heard some companies will help out if you work for them on breaks though. Good luck!

Wait, hold up.

What's the time limit to apply for school for the Winter 2018 semester? I need to know how long I have to acquire funding and pick a target university
>>
>>37267014
Depends on the college. For todai it was a June/July application, september entrance exam, october start. Some don't even have winter semester entry and everyone starts in april.
>>
>>37266964
>only Korea is going after women

You're not wrong. Japan objectifies women and western women aren't wanted because they have dreams of being independent which clashes with japanese culture of western women being submissive fucks.

Ergo, Korea picks up the slack and goes after the women Japan is disregarding. This is why Korea is westernized and Japan is not.
>>
>>37267062
>westernized
It's also why korea is being destroyed by a literal goddess cult and outlawed pornography. So you take the good with the bad.
>>
File: IMG_2823.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2823.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
Hey anons,

I'm currently applying to the MEXT Specialized Training scholarship. Anyone know how hard is it to get in?

Also, does anyone recommend any backup plans if MEXT fails? I just got done with my second year of college in the US here, have been learning Japanese for about a year and a half.
>>
>>37267095
Your final backup plan is to teach english for a year in bumfuck nowhere while you study to fix your fuckup.
>>
>>37267120
What's my fuckup?
>>
>>37267120
As a general rule if you reach your final backup plan you've fucked up somewhere, lord knows i did when i did the same.
>>
>>37267094
But it's also why Korea's birth rate is rising while Japan's is plummeting

You need to go after the women.
>>
>>37267193
Eternal growth is suicide. Japan will recover eventually, Europe will not, and we'll see if korea does.
>>
>>37267171
It's not my final backup plan. MEXT is the only thing I've done so far. Looking at this thread it sounds like there's a bunch of other options too, so that's why I was asking
>>
>>37266834
I'm on r9k for a reason

Being an ugly old sperg for example
>>
>>37267217
Arr white peopre rook same.
Use that to your advantage
>>
>>37267051
>Depends on the college. For todai it was a June/July application, september entrance exam, october start. Some don't even have winter semester entry and everyone starts in april.

Fuck me in the ass. This isn't going to be easy, but it shouldn't be impossible either. Time to get to work. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>37267095
>I'm currently applying to the MEXT

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Good fucking luck.

You think a job interview is hard? The MEXT is basically you trying to prove to a room of 20 suited lawyers why you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO MOVE TO JAPAN.

It's the hardest grilling you'll ever endure.
>>
>>37263209

Did it work, the one way ticket and job hunt? I've been pretty depressed over the past year since getting back from Japan. I get up every morning at around 5am to study the language and have made minimal progress.
>>
Why would I want to move to Japan?
>>
>>37267305
So you can learn the sharingan and become just like nuruto
>>
>>37267305
if you need to ask that, this thread isn't for you.
>>
>>37267275
You sure anon? This girl doesn't look too smart and is going for fucking photography and got in

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jenisinjapan.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/monbukagakusho-scholarship-specialized-training-college/amp/

Regardless, I'm still looking for other stuff I can do as a current undergrad to get to Japan
>>
>>37267321
Would I learn the kage no bushin jutsu so I can have 3some sex with my gf?
>>37267326
Why? I'm curious if this is you guys extreme obsession or something else.
>>
File: Reac 169.jpg (44KB, 268x285px) Image search: [Google]
Reac 169.jpg
44KB, 268x285px
>>37262254
Why would you want to live in Japan?

>Nothing like the bright lights and KAWAII DESU anime you watch
>Work culture is absolutely shit - you'll be at work until late in the evening and then have to go out to drink with employees after work
>Being a gaijin limits your job prospects
>Japanese is a Tier 4 language (Hardest language category for English speakers)
>Japan is uncomfortably unsocial - even robots might find it disturbing considering how pervasive it is and how used to some socializing with normies many robots are.
>Looked down on as a baka gaijin who doesn't know Japan's strange customs like not talking on a train, serving everyone drinks instead of just yourself, etc.
>Looked down on for being a baka gaijin who doesn't speak the language perfectly.
>"Jap QTs will be all over my dick!" - not too sure about that, they're unsociable and you're still a robot.
>Old people everywhere and surprisingly low-tech compared to how its portrayed in the media.
>All good things about Japan like anime and sushi can easily be consumed in the west.
>If you want to sight see you can just visit.
>>
>>37266964
I'm also not a big fan of bishounens like I used to be. Where's a game where I can tease a Bara bf?
>>
>>37264007

I'd like to move there because it is far right and I'm less likely to be blown up by arabs. I'd take the hard work and odd mean comment over having to suffer living in an afro-asiatic slum in western Europe.

I like the racism. The only people I know in Japan are involved in far right politics, they are as supportive of the nationalist struggle in Europe as I am of their struggle in japan.

To call japan a 'shithole', that's just mind bending to me.
>>
>>37267363
it basically requires extreme obsession to meet the current legal requirements to move to japan, anon.

the reasons for 'why move to japan' could be anything from the women, the culture, the anime, the akihabara, the masochist work culture, the religious element, the sociological element, childhood dreams, to the beautiful landscape.
>>
>>37267356
You haven't realized women get a free pass yet?

It's true in the west, and it's sure as hell true in Japan.

A country with a plummeting birth rate is not going to say "no" to a woman that wants to enter said country.
>>
>>37267385
>Bara

are you actually a girl or are you a ((girl))
>>
>>37267363
you'd need a gf first tho
>>
>>37267374

This is all bullshit in my experience. But you're assuming the motive for wanting to dedicate unending hours to learning a language and being in what is the greatest, cleanest and safest country in the world is anime.

The fact foreigners can't just waltz in and dick around is a good thing. Why would I want somebody talking on the phone on the train? That's the shit I want to leave behind in Europe. Raise your standards and stop imposing your own mediocrity on others.
>>
Anyone who has actually lived in Nihon, what are the pros and cons of Kyoto and Tokyo
>>
>>37267456
Tokyo a shit. It's just like any other big city. Kyoto's pretty, but it can be expensive. I'd recommend Osaka.

t. grad student in tokyo
>>
>>37267456
>not wanting to go to glorious Kyoto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1wzlwtKJ0&t=80
>>
>>37267448
Yes. I can't help but enjoy it, short/ skinny top/muscle bottom is the best combo
>>
>>37267415
Don't meme me anon, a guy coming into the country is the exact same shit, we can both have the same amount of children.

Regardless, do you have any actual advice then?
>>
>>37267488
I've heard a lot Osaka's study abroad program (its name escapes me but it's very well known). What do you like the most about it?
>>
>>37267531
People in Osaka generally seemed a lot more laid back and friendlier to me.
>>
>>37267488

Tokyo is a brilliant city. I can't understand what more people could ask from a city on that scale.

How much safer would you want to feel? How much cleaner could it be?

I mean, have you ever been to a real legit shithole like London or Paris?
>>
>>37267494
>give multiple choice question
>you answer "Yes"

you knew that was an ambiguous response when you clicked Post.

sadly, Japan/Korea is all about bishonen. Google Bara VNs and you"re sure to find something that caters to your taste.
>>
>>37267499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxFVn4YElmc

just watch this video and get ready for MEXT
>>
>>37267560
It's better than other megacities, but it's still a megacity.
>>
>>37267595
Not too helpful, either stuff I already knew or specific to the research student one, but thanks anyway anon
>>
>>37267005
Worng!
5,000 Basic-Expert
760 Themes and Imersion
12,509 One Deck
This totals to 18,269
Adding in Manan's free 4250 cards boosts it to 22,519
Adding in the 2482 Kana and Kanji cards you get 25,001
You get this as well as a motivational PDF, some basic stories, and a PDF of 222 everyday items that you can put post it notes on
>>
>>37267453
If Japan is so great why is their suicide rate so high? Also look up Japan's work culture - it's well-documented that it sucks terribly. I just mentioned the train thing as an example of the numerous strange taboos you have to learn.
>>
I actually made it to Step 12, thats when you hit a wall. I was mostly a NEET in japan and avoided people as much as I could. I was alone and had no friends. Didn't go to stores or resteraunts because you always get the gaijin treatment and would stand out.. I coulnd't get a job and was deprressed.

I decided im better off going back home and live quietly innawoods. learn a reliigon or philosiphy because happiness is found within, no one cares about your weeaboo skills it doesn't make others happy. Overall i think it was a waste of my twenties. I wish I could have used the energy for something larger, instead I lead a selfish hedonistic life. There are other easier alternatives if you want the hedonism, japan is just a hard place to get into for fun. If I were to do it over again I would pick Thailand.

Oh yeah and once you take this route you should never go back like I did, because 'Japanese' is pretty much a useless skill in your home country. Even in Japan its jsut a basic skill but you'll still suck at it compared to a native which makes finding jobs 1000x harder. You're pretty much limited to english teacher.
>>
>>37264854
Not him but why would I want to go to Japan of all places
It's nice and all, but the culture is very different, and I'm not THAT interested in learning Japanese. I wanna leave the country but I'd rather just go to canada and become a fucking leaf
>>
>>37268297
others things to realize, the longer you live in Japan the further away you drift from western friends and culture. This might not be a problem if you were forever alone, but the catch is, in Japan the Japanese will keep their distance from foreigners, so instead of making new friends and keeping you're old ones you'll be in a state of limbo. You can't relate to your old friends anymore because they're living in another reality, and the Japanese would rather not be friends with the gaijin for non english lesson purposes. What really got me was Japan no longer being the tech empire it once was. I had gone in thinking I would be ahead of the world being closer to these thing, WRONG, now china has the latest tech, anime video game, figures get translated instantly to the west! also the US is always ahead in internet technology. Then as you grow older you lose interest in these things anyway. the funny thing is I really got into philosophy and history while in Japan. All the major philosophical and historical literature were western. even in japan the most popular philosophy and literature is western. tl;dr you should really think this through espeically about long term and health before making the jump .
>>
File: 一石二鳥.jpg (174KB, 797x599px) Image search: [Google]
一石二鳥.jpg
174KB, 797x599px
>>37266641
https://vndb.org/v5473
Gakuen Tokkyuu Hotokenser
super sentai themed, beginner friendly, multiple routes + endings

https://vndb.org/v12158
Dot Kareshi -We're 8bit Lovers-
video game themed, very beginner friendly, has multiple episodes (separate games)

Those are the only ones I've played that are relevant, there really are a lot of korean ones. Just browse around on vndb + try more plotge instead of character based games, or just skip through sex scenes if they're not your thing.
>>
File: 1488326563586.jpg (68KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488326563586.jpg
68KB, 480x360px
>>37267560
I suggest only visiting Tokyo and the other big cities, you should try to live in a place with a smaller population. Its relatively easy to travel around japan on foot using transportation, you could even travel easily by bicycle if you're athletic. The reason being is that in a city you won't be the only foreigner there, there will be hundreds of thousands of others from eastern asian countries and niggers too. A lot of the times if your Japanese is bad and you don't have good connections you're going to end up living with other gaijin because landlords don't like lending to foreigners and you get handed rooms for gaijins. I once lived in one of those apartments where a pooinaloo also lived, the entire floor smelled like curry and spices. In classic pooinaloo fashion he also shat in the trashcan in the lobby it. It was unbearable and eventually I moved out.

Also Every few month you gotta renew your visa and line up a thousand other gaijins. The lines are massive and it feels like the entire third world had just gathered into one place. Then it takes an entire day to get to your turn. I once went 5 hours early just to be first in line and be done with it. When the doors opened the niggers being niggers ran past me completely ignoring the line that was forming for the past few hours. I still got somewhat close to first only because I ran as well, but after getting it done, this had to be repeated again several days later, and then again a year later. You could easily avoid this by living in the country side

just remember Japanese people will never tell you these things because they never have to experience it! they tend to seperate themselves entirely from the gaijin class.
>>
How do I motivate myself to learn?
>tfw my entire life including in college is just me putting shit off and doing it the day of
Works well for me and it always have. My brain just hits maximum overdrive levels right before something is due
>>
>>37269268
Just do an hour a day at the beginning. Write down a list of reasons why you want to study Japanese, and look at it often. Go up in hours when you feel you're ready.
>>
I'm 25, live in Argentina and have a degree in Art (which I got about three years ago). I work on my own doing commissions, so I have no signed job history to show for.
Can I still do it? I don't think we have those working holiday visas and whatnot, so I have no idea what I should do to apply.
>>
>>37262254
I already live in Japan...

Another day in paradise. I woke up at five along with the sun. There was a light drizzle in the early morning so the air feels cool and nice.

I can feel the worries of everyday beginning to press against my mind but there will be time for them later. For now I'm going to make some coffee, and heat up last night's leftover curry. Drop a few sausages in there and fry up an egg.

When I'm done with breakfast I'll go out on the balcony and smoke a menthol cigarette and enjoy the cool air.

Tokyo, so comfy, yet so sad.

Protip: if you are white, you might want to try a holiday first to see if you can handle it. Whenever I go out with my white friend people stare (yes, stare) at her, children look scared of her and people even make noises at her. Granted, she's pretty so people look at her back home too, but even I felt uncomfortable walking with her.
>>
>all these stupid memes

>japs hate foreigners
Anyone who has been here know how untrue it is. They fucking love foreigners of all kinds maybe except china and korea. Japan is so closed off the world and they think every country is exotic, beautiful and has nice people.

>cant speak nip
Japanese IS NOT THAT HARD. You have to be fucking retarded to not speak japanese after living here for a year. You just need to keep speaking it to them. Japanese people have terrible english but they have a morbid ability to understand broken japanese. Back when i first started studying nip and could only form two to three types of sentences, they could still understand me.
You don't even need to be VERY good at japanese to survive. Just be creative with your words. When i dont know how to say something i replace the word.
E.g. indigestion: i say 'the stuff in my tummy doesnt move'
Application form: 'the paper for making a credit card'

>teaching english is a dead end job
Yea explains why so many gaijin men have been doing this for 20+years and counting. Most of the old gaijins i met have PR status cos they got married and then divorced and they literally fuck around and play around for the rest of their life. Disgusting but they sure arent leaving japan
>>
>>37270136
>>japs hate foreigners
>Anyone who has been here know how untrue it is. They fucking love foreigners of all kinds maybe except china and korea. Japan is so closed off the world and they think every country is exotic, beautiful and has nice people.

>someone hasn't been here long enough to know honne and tatamae
>>
>>37270221
Why would you ever want to be ""one of them""?? If you've been here long enough you very well know how they're brainwashed from birth into their commie tier social behaviour, and anyone who wasnt born and raised here will never fully get it. Be the foreigner and choose when and where to act foreign and when and where to not.

The problem with 90% of the long term gaijins who complain about racism is that they are mostly extremely negative people who always choose the worst possible and most miserable life outlook. Coincidentially a lot that i've meet are also super selfish and emotionally immature.
>>
>>37264007
Japan is good... if you're Japanese. I appreciate that they want to keep their country pure.

I've heard that there has been Jewish attempts to fuck things up over there, but so far it has been unsuccessful.

South Korea, on the other hand. You got that fucking insane Megalian cult that has taken over half the country that nobody talks about because nobody cares about South Korea nor can they understand the language.
>>
>>37270136
> Japanese people have terrible english but they have a morbid ability to understand broken japanese.
thats cause you only talk to the people who are willing to take their time to deceipher your horrendous japanese. No one is going to come up to you and say your Japanese is trash, they're all going to pretend its fine. in reality its horrible like when you listen to chang speaking pigeon english.

if you go into business or need to do actual real things in Japan you get swatted out like a fly. This is why most gaijins remain as english teachers because thats literally as high as they can go. They live in a fake reality which I can't stand because redpilling means alot to me. If you're happy being a nobody for the rest of your life I guess its a way to live, but then again why the fuck would you choose japan, theres millions of other ways to be a nobody thats 10 times easier.
>>
>>37270405
>good... if you're Japanese
I have to disagree. If you're born here you're obligated to follow social norms and literally cannot enjoy the nice stuff about japan (thanks to zangyou culture). Being born here they also never appreciate a lot of the nice things they are born into, like their top class public transport or washlet toilets. It's just there, they don't feel it's special.
>>
>>37270390
When did I say I want to be one of them? I don't.

I mentioned honne and tatamae because most gaijin are unable to tell (with good reason) when Japanese people actually dislike them but are putting on a friendly face. I can't tell you the number of times I've left a place with a Japanese friend and heard them say, "I can't stand X!" when they were being all friendly with them a couple minutes ago.

Where is all this racist commie brainwashing ranting coming from?
Do you even live here?
>>
>>37270453
As they say: You don't know what you have until it's gone.
>>
>>37270448
>they are mostly extremely negative people who always choose the worst possible and most miserable life outlook.
^^^proving my point thanks
Literally why i dont have gaijin friends you bunch are so negative

Honestly i would consider being an eigo sensei forever if the industry wasnt statistically fucked over by terrible people (i dont want to become one of them)

Ridiculous amount of free time to do things you actually like opposed to the local zangyou culture. Too bad most of them have no impulse control, spend every dollar of what they have, then have to rack up teaching extra classes to buff up their income.

Not forgetting 80%ish of the eigo sensei's have absolutely terrible english i dont understand what the fuck they are saying lmao

>>37270457
>I can't stand X!
Maybe you just have an untolerable personality? I heard this meme so many times before coming, everytime nips claim to enjoy being around me i doubt myself and it almost always turns out they just like me.

Their culture of 'politeness' mostly revolve around a self-loathe and always wondering if you yourself are inconvenicing others.

If your personality is trash you'd be disliked anywhere, japan or otherwise. Maybe in japan they'd just say it behind your back, back home they'll bully you in front of everyone else, which do you prefer?
>>
>>37270390
This, I will never get fucking NORMALFAGS wanting to fit in in Japan of all places, it's expected to be a circus attraction for the rest of your life; if you can't take it, simply choose a normalfag country to move to.

>>37270457
Well, what do you lose from that exchange? They are the ones having to put up with you and losing their time, if they won't tell you the truth, you might as well keep indulging yourself and making them pay for their hypocrisy.
Or you could stop hanging out with bitter passive-aggressive bitches and find some actual people with mutual interests.
>>
>>37270457
People do this all the time in my country as well

I do it too
I guess it's mainly an american complaint
>>
>>37263209
>tae kim
>confusing
Brainlet detected
>>
>>37270640
>>37270663
>>37270672
kek

they aren't talking about me you spergs, they're talking shit about someone else to me
>>
>>37270701
>they aren't talking about me
that's what you think, brainlet
>>
>>37270701
I'm using a generic you, you* faglord.

*this one is specific.
>>
>>37270745
of course everyone gossips about everyone else, you'd have to be retarded to think otherwise.

you know what's worse than being talked about? not being talked about.

>>37270750
>everytime nips claim to enjoy being around me i doubt myself and it almost always turns out they just like me.

do you really believe this?

>I was using a generic you, heh

sure buddy
>>
>>37262254

>japan
>high taxes and cost of living
>heavily urbanized
>no guns
>land isn't as cheap
>you'll probably just be living a weeaboo fantasy
>only upside is the women and the cool aesthetic of Japanese buildings/infrastructure/ect

I am staying in the states.
>>
>>37270793
>of course everyone gossips about everyone else, you'd have to be retarded to think otherwise.
>you know what's worse than being talked about? not being talked about.
Passive-aggressive landwhale confirmed, you know nothing other than living off social parasitism.

>do you really believe this?
What makes you assume I'm that particular anon?
>>
>>37270902
>Passive-aggressive landwhale confirmed, you know nothing other than living off social parasitism.
you don't have to project on me, you know

What makes you assume I'm that particular anon?
fuck if I know, you didn't quote your post
either way if it wasn't for you, you don't have to reply to it
>>
>>37270793
Honestly i still dont but they always do weird shit that makes me go 'jesus am i so likable?' Logically i have to believe it, but i find it strange since i was never 'liked' back home

Maybe unlike other people i just ignore and filter out people who donlt like me and they have zero participation in my life? :")
>>
>>37270663
well if its the circus attraction you're after then I suggest others who want to escape to go to Thailand instead. Its easier and cheaper to get in, you don't need college education or high income but still can live in a luxury apartment + all you can eat for the same amount you would spend for a food expenses + tiny room in japan.

I heard you could sign up for a self defense course and that would grant you a years worth of visa. So you're actually learning a valuable skill while you dick around in fantasy land. You also become fit upping the chances of getting a gf, its much better than learning to be a weeboo nobody.

They also use an actual alphabet and simple grammar, so theres no 2000 kanji characters to memorize and recite in your shoebox dorm room. The healthcare is cheap so its also good for long term. They've built new trains and infrastructure, a lot of it is built by Japanese companies, and they have 7/11 at every corner with the same type of services in Japan. Thats really all you need. I doubt many people can do all the steps in ops post, it requires massive long term dedication and effort thats better spent on other things.
>>
>>37271307
They also have the best penis inverters
>>
>>37271307
Nihon he ikitai gaijin wo omoitodomasetekureru no wo arigatou gozaimasu. Ganbatte ne, ima ni mo anata mo nihonjin ni naru deshou.

>Non-ASCII text is not allowed.
>>
>>37271357
>They also have the best penis inverters
I'll bump to that
>>
>man I hate the jews/niggers/etc.
>christ, I really hate all these immigrants shitting up my country
>I fucking hate it when these people who look different than me and aren't part of my culture come to my country and start trying to do shit, they can barely speak the fucking language
>now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take my one or two years' experience speaking Japanese from an online course move to Japan
>>
>>37272660
>Arabs, Africans and Latinos are the same as Asians and Europeans
Hahaha. Keep trying, Gutierrez.
>>
>>37272809
Dunning kruger syndrome
t. whitey
>>
>>37272915
Now that pointing out fallacies in Latin isn't hip anymore, the new fad is vomiting psychology terminology. I love you guys.
>>
Is it really worth it to live in japan? I've heard working there is really tough.
>>
How is Japan for blackbots. I wear casual cloths and study Software engineering.
>>
>>37273636
Watch this then get back to me
>>
>>37273692
>>37273636
Forgot the link, I'm a genius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU
>>
File: 414135231_0bdc0b2a9b_b.jpg (210KB, 1024x361px) Image search: [Google]
414135231_0bdc0b2a9b_b.jpg
210KB, 1024x361px
>Intern in Japan
>Get assigned homestay family
>Family turns out to be fucking loaded
>Dad is a president of the Japanese division of a large pharmaceutical company (Bristol Myers Squibb)
>Stay in a luxury penthouse in downtown Tokyo for a week
>Sit in a whirlpool tub on the deck with this view

I want to go back ;_;
>>
>>37270803
>no guns
That's actually a pretty good reason to want to live in Japan.
>>
>>37273702
I don't know what I should take from this.
>>
>>37263728
>Not 6 months on some shitty "daily wapanese thread" you found online.
The thread is good, it teaches you how to learn

it can be summed up as "learn the basics, then read a ton"

The 6 months shit is a pipe dream though, i would say it will take at minimum 2 years to pass N1 if you don't have 16 hours a day to study (unlikely unless you are a NEET, in which case you probably lack the willpower to maintain such a regimen)
>>
>>37274483
shoulda won over the daughter anon

you had your chance
>>
>>37275173
>tfw i miss being a NEET
>if i could be a NEET again i would use all my power to master japanese
>but i can't and must juggle it alongside work, school, and everything else
>>
Does this only work for burgers?
Or can I do it if I have a bachelor's but I'm from a third world country?
>>
>>37275622
what 3rd world country
>>
>>37262289
>Step 9.) Get associate's degree from your community college. Get a full-time job and save money. You need at least $26,000 in the bank.

This is the part I find hard

I am shit at managing money. I am living almost entirely hand-to-mouth. How to save money?
>>
As someone who wanted to emigrated to japan, I suggest spending some time there first. I got certified as an English-second-language teacher and spent a year teaching kids, fairly simply.

After that year, I decided not to. Wasn't what I thought it would be opportunity wise. I still like to visit every year though.
>>
>>37276232
A Latin American one
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.