[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is anime and Japanese culture so popular with normies now?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1041.png (1MB, 789x1042px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1041.png
1MB, 789x1042px
Why is anime and Japanese culture so popular with normies now?
>>
File: snoop loves ya too.jpg (62KB, 397x1199px) Image search: [Google]
snoop loves ya too.jpg
62KB, 397x1199px
>>37260524
>implying snoop is a normie
>>
Some nerds get a life and retain their love for geek shit and spread it or incorporate it into their swag. I just watched the new berserk with my pussy slaying jamal weed dealer.
>>
>>37260524
Its not thet just pretend to like it to look quirky
>>
Nerd/weeaboo culture is "in" right now.
>>
>>37260562
My friend made a "japanese" inspired beat tape and literally all the sampls used were from naruto and I know that nigga did not watch all 700 episodes. He probably doesn't even know the general plot
>>
>implying niggers aren't the biggest weebs
>>
>>37260584
>Nerd/weeaboo culture is "in" right now
Maybe if you're still living in the fucking 90s or early 2000s. SJWs criticize weebs as being fetishists and asians are going full retard with the "stop enjoying our culture" shit too. Majority of liberals don't want weebs and a majority of conservatives find them appalling since many of them are NEETs or drains on society.

I can see an argument that "nerd" culture is the hip thing still but weeb shit is still taboo for normies since they still have that "lol what hentai are you watching anon?" attitude.
>>
>>37260618
If anyone willingly subjects themselves to 700 episodes of Naruto they deserve to be hanged anyway.
>>
>now

Japanese weeaboo things have been popular with normies before you were born.
>>
>>37260627
I used to watch it as a kid, got crunchyroll and decided to finish what I started. Worst part is, I'm watching boruto too.
>>
File: scared_izetta.jpg (68KB, 390x455px) Image search: [Google]
scared_izetta.jpg
68KB, 390x455px
>>37260652
Shit, anon. I mean I hate myself too but that's just inhumane.
>>
>>37260624
I could understand that attitude if you're a proper robot, but most normies are already very warmed up to most classic animes and think they've found some deep, meaningful new artform.

If you watch weird lolishit then yeah you're still gunna get shunned but the more tame moe anime is gaining lots of traction.
>>
>>37260524
because anime are for normies? Real robot watch My little pony
>>
>>37260670
>tame moe anime is gaining lots of traction

Maybe among entry level weebs and faggots who call themselves "otaku" when it's a fucking insult in the Japanese language they're trying to learn through anime. Majority of people will just call it "weird" because it would be too harsh to call someone a pedo. I've seen plenty of people call anime pedophilic and criticize its fans for "fetishizing underaged girls" so again I don't really see where you're seeing the opposite happen.
>>
File: 1473401337046.jpg (100KB, 998x810px) Image search: [Google]
1473401337046.jpg
100KB, 998x810px
>>37260524
>now
>implying everybody becoming adults now didn't grow up with tons of Japanese shit dubbed on TV

it's just they pretend to be le ironic weebs because of filthy frank and shit
>>
>>37260670
Like which ones? My normie friends only watch the studio ghibli stuff
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.