[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is absurdism the final red pill?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: file.jpg (96KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
96KB, 638x479px
Is absurdism the final red pill?
>>
>>37256980
no
the final redpill is accepting that you're a human living in a human world and realizing that while humanity's existence among the other objects in the universe is absurd, it's not on a scale that has any meaning to you and so it's ultimately useless to think or care about
ants dont care about what we do, they just live their ants lives. similarly, it's pointless to care about the size of the universe; we're better off just living our own lives
without bothering with things beyond our scope of comprehension
>>
>>37257058
How do we know what our scope of comprehension is?
>>
Take the Jesus-pill
>>
>>37256980
Well life is pretty absurd, if you try to explain anything in too much detail you realize how absurd it really is
>I sit on a carved piece of a living thing that sprouts off the ground, it gains nutrients through roots that are located underground, it requires a massive burning gas balls radiation to grow
>I drink liquid from a cylinder shaped burned sand device to keep my vessel of flesh and bones from seizing to function
>I generate motion through retracting strings of flesh that are kept in shape by larger white things and are wrapped in living tissue shell
>My mouth produces liquid that moistens it up when my facial orifice detects airborne molecules generated by burned dead flesh
>>
give me definitive proof that humans have to purpose in life
>>
>>37257300
do you mean have no purpose in life?
>>
File: 1492349205032.png (102KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492349205032.png
102KB, 400x400px
Personally, I prefer the white-pill of self-fulfillment.
>>
>>37257175
Hope and faith are the weak mans veils which they use to hide from the truth which is the absurd
>>
>>37257300
>give me definitive proof that humans have to purpose in life
I think you mean 'no'

You're presenting us with the burden of proof fallacy.The burden of proof lies with you who is making the claim that life has meaning, and is not upon us to disprove that notion.
>>
>>37256980
How is absurdism any different from nihilism? Why make the distinction?
>>
>>37257058
You basically just described absurdism again anon

Ascribing a meaning to life is by definition absurd
>>
>>37257705
one of them is wacky :')))
>>
>>37257705
I think the difference is
Absurdism = Life is really weird, just enjoy the ride
Nihilism = Life is devoid of meaning, fuck morals
>>
>>37257197
Why is any of that absurd? You are just describing things m8.

I guess things are just weird in the sense that they exist at all?
>>
>>37257300
Theres only one thing Im 100% sure of anon-- thats if someone knows the purpose of life with unshakable confidence, i'm positive theyre full of shit
>>
>>37257705

Because absurdism is life affirming when it comes down to it. To fully accept the absurd is to be in a constant state of rebellion living life with inherent and personal meaning to the cold, indifferent, and capricious universe we exist in.
>>
>>37257735
Probably. I guess it's kind of like theism vs religion. Nihilism is more of an observation, that the world has no meaning, where absurdism is more a school of thought or approach? Absurdism just describes nihilism and says you don't have to kill yourself just because of nihilism I think. It's still weird that the distinction exists in the first place though. Thanks Camus
>>
No, Islam is the final red pill.
>>
yes but its unsatisfying
>>
Seems to be. Took it years ago and there seems to be no deeper truth beneath it. Although I haven't really been looking as hard after.
>>
>>37257774
Oh right I forgot about the rebellion. Duh. I only like the struggle in a more stoic sense. I don't live to struggle, but it's the only thing in my control. The only thing I own is my effort
>>
>>37257804
You do other stuff for satisfaction once you realise there aren't any answers. Also there is sometimes satisfaction in learning to let go.
>>
>>37257741
Because how things function in this world is bizarre making it absurd

>>37257787
>Islam, refusing to admit that life is pointless and queer by submitting to invisible entity that requires you to conquer everyone and convert them into your religion
Nope

Like Morty said "Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die, come watch TV"
Life lacks meaning, try to get most out of it while it lasts
>>
>>37257840
DAE le rick and morty
>>
>>37257774
Hooray for Phil 101,
Hate to ask, but then how is it different from existentialism? Existentialism is creating your own meaning, is absurdist the same but with a tongue-in-cheek outlook? Lol
>>
>>37257840
>speaks against the will of Allah
>quotes reddit & morty

end your own life
>>
>>37257840
But why is it bizarre?
>>
>>37257915
absurdism is recognizing that the search for meaning is for dumb dweeboids and you should just roll with whatever cause life is zany as hell
>>
File: 1495058885902.jpg (26KB, 350x267px) Image search: [Google]
1495058885902.jpg
26KB, 350x267px
>>37257885
I think in Rick and Morty the characters embody philosophies nicely
Rick = Nihilism
Morty = Absurdism
Or that's how i interpreted them

>>37257922
I am speaking in words that the audience can easily grasp
>will of Allah
Who told you the will of Allah? a man in the desert claimed he spoke to a entity higher than all other entities, he said the entity required your complete submission and servitude to his will, only one that could hear the will of this entity was the man in the desert, and you believed the man in his claims
Who is the fool here?

>>37257935
Don't know, to me it just is, the further in detail we go on functions of the world the more bizarre it gets
Things we accept as normal on daily life is pretty fucked up when you think about it
>>
File: DSC_0986_1024x1024.jpg (140KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0986_1024x1024.jpg
140KB, 1024x1024px
>>37257943
"Roll" with it

fuck you robot I'll kill you
>>
>>37257984
>the audience
the audience you are looking for is on reddit.com
>>
>>37257995
absolute 0 (zero) gets
>>
>>37257530
absurdism is a spook
>>
>>37258014
And your god is in the fiction section of library, poorly written fan fiction of a man in the desert who made a daddy entity that is supposedly higher than all
Why don't you go submit to a dead mans lie some more while you kill in his name
>>
>>37257984
No one takes the Allah poster seriously stop taking the bait.

I like rick and morty but I can definitely see why others don't. You shouldn't let strangers on the internet make decisions for you though.

Does morty remind anyone else of shinji?
>>
File: jordan-peterson.jpg (349KB, 998x630px) Image search: [Google]
jordan-peterson.jpg
349KB, 998x630px
>not reading maps of meaning and watching the lecture series
>>
>>37258042
Nigga I'm an atheist and I'm gonna tell you to just put the fedora down and chill m8
>>
>>37258058
Care to summarize? I don't wanna be memed and I don't care for mythology
>>
>>37258050
Shinji was more of a troubled protagonist than Morty, i see similarities in Morty and Shinji that they are both pushovers
Also Morty works better under pressure than Shinji, Shinji is walking definition of defeatist attitude, Morty is hopeful and naive but he still tries his best
Also i don't mind taking baits, it is nice catharsis to answer their baits, as long as i don't russle my jimmies what's the harm?
>>
>>37258042
the fact that you are trying to debate Islam on /r9k/ shows just how incredibly fresh from reddit you are
>>
>>37258076
I don't think I could do it justice, I'm still at it.
But in any case the lecture series is very entertaining so even if you were memed it's cool.
>>
>>37258134
Ja feel, I'll check it out if I feel like looking into this guy
>>
File: 1492221885343.png (89KB, 553x506px) Image search: [Google]
1492221885343.png
89KB, 553x506px
>>37256980
If you're a non-white/asian, then absurdism is practically the only way to keep going when you realise how miserable your situation is.
>>
>>37258183
>Blackbot makes it about themselves again
There is strange pattern for blacks to make everything about themselves, be it class struggle, racism or any form of struggle for that matter

>how miserable your situation is
Oh no you will have hard time conversing with morons, what a curse
>>
File: voe3.jpg (124KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
voe3.jpg
124KB, 900x506px
>>37258183
Nah, you niggers will win, both of us will be mongrelized to produce a timid, dumber race (think Brazil) who can't come together over anything to bring (((them))) down.

Asians have a chance but seeing as the greatest countries like Japan are basically satellite states for the US their odds aren't very good, but considering asians stubbornness they might go to war, but they'll lose.

>jews want to destroy pic related
JUUUUUST
>>
>>37258236
Black culture instills in them how they are oppressed by the man, this in turn makes them more inferior
>>
File: 1495323887868.jpg (48KB, 577x382px) Image search: [Google]
1495323887868.jpg
48KB, 577x382px
>>37258269
Self fulfilling prophecy kind of dilemma

>>37258257
Stop being a puppet that gets his string yanked by trolls in anonymous image board, unless you're one of those trolls, in that case well played have a (you)
>>
>>37257681
>The burden of proof lies with you who is making the claim that life has meaning
actually the burden of proof lies with the one making the assumption that there is no purpose in life, as in the OP. anon didnt state that there was a purpose in life, he stated that OP does not have proof that there isnt a purpose in life. so the burden of proof lies with whoever agrees that there is no purpose in life (as well as anyone who thinks vice versa)
>>
>>37258112
Get in the robot mor(burps) morty
>>
File: mosley10.jpg (126KB, 483x656px) Image search: [Google]
mosley10.jpg
126KB, 483x656px
>>37258309
Are you saying the niggerposter was trolling? I'm definitely not, anyway
>>
>>37258318
We have yet to find any proof there is a deeper meaning to life, the search of it has proven fruitless over centuries of thinkers trying to reach the truth
Due to lack of evidence i think it is safe to assume for now that there isn't any meaning to life, if i see evidence that there is i will gladly accept that meaning, in the mean time im going to live my life assuming there isn't any

>>37258370
Im saying ghetto culture of blaming outside forces for their strive is what will keep them down, making it a self fulfilling prophecy that they are held down, only the blame gets switched from the original source to the "great unseen other"

Blaming the unseen other is common in some robots and /pol/acks too, kind of a sad misdirection that will only hurt themselves in the long run but to each his own
>>
>>37258236
Isn't everyone making this about themselves by virtue of taking this thread and applying it to their own lives? Why does it only become intolerable once someone who is rightfully miserable about being black does so? Because you can't personally relate or because you simply don't like black people?

>Oh no you will have hard time conversing with morons

I don't even know what you're trying to reference here.
>>
>>37258414
If we were to find meaning of life what would it look like?
I see no logical answer other than nihilism
>>
>>37258466
That is unknown to me, i cannot even phantom what meaning of life would be, only thing i can come up with is the reason is so simple we know it and refuse to accept it, meaning of life is to live

>>37258455
Im referencing the fact that your black skin makes it harder for you to converse with racists who tend to be morons due to their generalizing habits
And yes the irony that i generalized blacks making it about themselves is not lost to me, meant majority of them which still is generalization but a relatively accurate one

>Isn't everyone making this about themselves by virtue of taking this thread and applying it to their own lives?
I meant the fact that you made it about your skin color, everything in this world isn't skin deep you should try to see yourself as an individual instead of "a blackbot" and figure out solutions to problems that effect you and you alone
>>
Jeez you should all actually read a book instead of watching youtube vidoes on albert camus
>>
File: schopenhauer-cant-stop.jpg (47KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
schopenhauer-cant-stop.jpg
47KB, 400x534px
I rather have the black pill
>>
>>37257915
One must imagine Sisyphus happy?

>this was not original
>>
>>37256980
anything remotely close to defeatism and that sort of cuckoldry ain't more than just a blue pill
>>
>>37256980

That is not what absurdism means.
>>
>>37257805

>pills

it's not a fucking pill you pseud fucking piece of garbage

kys
>>
>>37256980
>Guise you life is ultimately outside of your control
>t. Camus
Well what should we do?
>REEEEEEVOLT
Whats that mean?
>I dunno lol, just find ur place in the world and be happy

Absurdism is fucking gay. Literally the worst philosophical movement ever.
>>
>>37257058
>is absurdism the final red pill ?
>NO
>proceeds to describe absurdism
>>
>>37259652
What's your pick then? The only logical alternative I see is existentialism but I flip flop between the two
>>
>>37257175
this is the equivalent of stepping back into the cave Plato tried so desperately to free us from
>>
File: Schopenhauer on women.png (218KB, 1653x887px) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer on women.png
218KB, 1653x887px
>>37256980
No, absurdism is good when you're a teenager and subconsciously still have some hope for the future, then you realize subjectivity won't help anything so you become an antinatalist to put an end to humanity's suffering/existence
>>
>>37257175
Religion is just weaked willed people fumbling for meaning in a absurd universe
>>
>>37257735
i think it's more like
absurdism - life is weird
nihilism - its doesn't matter if life is weird or not
>>
Reminder that Inflation Theory - the only current explanation that makes the Big Bang possible - predicts the Multiverse is real. We're even more insignificant than we can imagine.
>>
>believing in free will in the first place
this is a pointless discussion, as it assumes free will exists, which it doesn't. if you're looking for a "final redpill" (retarded concept), that's it. we don't have free will and our consciousness is either fake or simply a cruel joke played on us by the universe
>>
>>37261275
Wasn't absurdism a continuation of nihilism? If you look at Camus' sisyphus myth then you can clearly see he thought life had no meaning. He just took it a step further and said that life has no meaning *because the universe is naturally irrational
>>
>>37257197
That's not absurd at all. I think you don't understand the meaning of the word.
>>
>>37261306
>tfw you're still a virgin in all the other universes too
>>
>any search for order will bring them into direct conflict with the universe

i'm a sci-fi fan and this is basically true for every single thing i've seen or read. writers think it, Anaximander thought it, Pythagoras thought it, I think it.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.