[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

depersonalization-derealization disorder

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Derealization-Disorder.jpg (22KB, 502x333px) Image search: [Google]
Derealization-Disorder.jpg
22KB, 502x333px
Any anons have DPD (depersonalization-derealization disorder)? I fit every symptom and am nearly positive I have it. First started noticing it in 6th-7th grade (when I first started to feel depressed and a somewhat traumatic event happened) and it's only gotten worse since.

Is it worth going to a psychologist? What is the treatment like? Also DPD greentext/general thread.
>>
>be me
>hardly feel anything
>can't recognize myself in the mirror
>sometimes flip out by seeing my own arm only to realize it's mine
>feel like I'm the protagonist in a video game
Are any of these symptoms?
>>
>>37257355
I'm asking you, OP >>37256918.
>>
>>37256918
>tfw spent teenage years smoking weed, not going to school, not engaging in anything social and thinking too much
yeah, i have it and it sucks
>>
I am pretty sure I have schizoid personality disorder

severely repressed emotions
>>
i feel like this is one of those disorders you fool yourself into believing you have

everyone feels like the protagonist in a video game sometimes. everyone feels like they're "watching their life on a movie screen", all the time, if you think hard enough about it. i don't recognize myself in the mirror sometimes, but i know it's me, it's common sense.

i've seen so many people irl and online that psych themselves out into believing they're crazy.
>>
>>37257355
>>37257415
>hardly feel anything
I still feel emotion, though I have become numb to some of the things that hurt me before, specifically some members in my family.
>can't recognise myself in the mirror
Again, not so much that. I understand/recognise myself, but it feels like I'm in a dream and I'm only partially conscious. Best way I can really describe it.
>sometimes flip out by seeing my own arm only to realize it's mine
Closest I get to this is when I think about me existing and that I'm actually alive and conscious. It makes me feel remarkably weird.
>feel like I'm the protagonist in a video game
Sort of, and it feels like I'm being controlled, though it's like I'm controlling myself and I know I'm controlling myself but I'm in a dream. Really difficult to put into words.

>>37257545
sorry to hear it anon. What was/is the diagnosis/treatment like?

>>37257635
Go to psychologist, probably what I'll be doing. I've already destroyed myself enough by not telling anyone for years and having a meltdown once years ago.
>>
>>37257739
You don't understand, anon. That's like saying you get depressed by feeling sad or you get OCD by caring about hygiene.

It's true that most people have experiences with it, however, I've felt this almost constantly for years and years now, and it only gets worse. When paired with my depression and OCD (OCD diagnosed, haven't talked to anyone about depression in over 4 years so not diagnosed) it starts to tear you apart.
>>
....as if I didn't already have minor issues with this, this thread just gave me serious deja vu...
>>
File: 1488494766305.gif (1MB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1488494766305.gif
1MB, 384x384px
Did any anons have issues talking about it or anything? I've already started to hate myself for talking to a counsellor (who recommended I seek professional psychological help) and even talking about it on here.
>>
>>37257739

>it's common sense

Phrase of the millennium
>>
>>37257899
Don't worry anon, don't fool yourself into thinking you having it. Most people experience it to some extent, I'm just experiencing it far beyond what most do, hence why I've started thinking about getting professional help for the first time in years.
>>
File: 1495487568213.jpg (152KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1495487568213.jpg
152KB, 1280x1381px
I've got fairly mild DPD normally. A while back I was formally diagnosed with depression and put on an SSRI. Can't even stay on the lowest dosage of it because my DPD becomes too much to bear. Fucking sucks, man.
>>
File: 1488494588554.jpg (32KB, 512x691px) Image search: [Google]
1488494588554.jpg
32KB, 512x691px
>>37257962
I'm sorry to hear that anon, damn. Partially what I'm afraid of. If I do go to a psychologist I probably won't bring up depression. It would destroy me to talk about it at all but being put on meds that made other problems worse would end me.
>>
>tfw life is so shitty why would you want it to feel real?
>>
im so glad this thread exists
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.