[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did /r9k/ get their driver's license? I've been

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
When did /r9k/ get their driver's license? I've been 19 for a few months now and still haven't gotten around to getting it. Obviously it's making my parents a bit mad but I have nowhere to go desu.

Anyone else ever dealt with this?
>>
I got it at 19 and 5 months sooo like a few months ago lol

It's embarrassing to not have it. I don't make fun of ppl who don't
>>
I started learning to drive when I was 18. I'm 26 now and still haven't gotten around to actually getting it.
>>
>>37255342
Yeah the few people who have made fun of me are annoying, plus I don't have really any grounds to criticize people on. I just feel like I would kill people if I drove
>>
>>37255313
22, I've failed my driving test 3 times now that it's becoming comical. Makes me wonder if the road is normie territory.
>>
>>37255347
How do you go to work?
>>37255365
I think it's just something to get used to. It feels odd and I wasn't easy for me to learn.
>>37255388
3 times isn't bad.
>>
>>37255388
It is normie territory. The one time I went out driving some Chad in a big pick-up was practically tail-gating me even though I was going the speed limit.
>>
>>37255430
>3 times isn't bad.

It feels bad to me anon. I just want this whole learner episode to end so my parents get off my back about it.
>>
>>37255313
Im 20 and i havent gotten it yet. I have my learners, but public transportation is good in my city and its always gotten me where i need to go ever since high school.
>>
>>37255430
>How do you go to work?
>implying I even have a job
>>
Got it at 22, shelled out $100 to fail the first test, studied what I had to do to pass and spent another $100 to pass the test. It sounds easy but this was also a 6 month process and now I own a car I can barely budget on the monthly between gas and insurance.
>>
>>37255471
I understand. It's so much anxiety and you just want it over with.

Why did you fail the last time?
>>37255507
lol
get a job
>>
>>37255522
>get a job
Kill yourself
>>
at 18. had maybe a week of practice, got shoved into the test and passed, and then drove on my own for my first day at college a week later.

i honestly can't understand why someone wouldn't want to drive unless they have public transit.

>>37255388
>I've failed my driving test 3 times now
are you asian? i've generally found the stereotype to be 100% true.
>>
>>37255522
>get a job
I have to get my license first
>>
I got mine at 16 during my junior year. Paid 200 dollars to go to a driving school because it's required for a minor in my state to go to driving school. Passed it in one try.
>>
16, passed on the first try
>>
>>37255522
Same shit as always, checking mirrors, driving too close to parked cars and some other little nitpicky shit.
>>
>>37255545
No I'm not asian, sorry to dissapoint.
>>
Never, I just walk everywhere whenever I go outside(which isn't often)

t. non american
>>
>>37255313
17, the earliest you can get it in Australia, but mostly because i skipped most of the bs you have to do here to get your license. normally you have to do a certain number of hours on log books, then pass your driving test, then 6 months after that and more log books you do a computer test at the DOT site, then after all that shit you have "Provisional" stage where you have a curfew at 12 midnight. But in Aus and most places if you go on holiday to some country and get a licence there i.e Bali, Cook islands or some other place where you pay for it without a test you do your practical test then go straight to full licence. so go do that OP go to somewhere and bring back a licence and just transfer it.
>>
australian,turning 20 and haven'tdone it
>>
>>37255546
So what's the issue? Have you been taking lessons?
>>37255573
Just practice more, maybe find an easier road test location. I took it twice. First time was at the meanest location in my area and the second was at the easiest location lol
>>
>>37255313
got it when I was 18, I got it out of necessity for college, alos it was annoying not having an official ID for when you do need one
>>
>>37255653
Yeah I'm doing that at the moment, test center where I've failed is really congested and the area has tonnes of parked cars on narrow roads.
>>
>>37255555
Checked look at those sexy quints and it's 5's so topical
>>
>>37255653
>So what's the issue? Have you been taking lessons?
I don't care enough about being alive and can hardly afford to pay the exorbitant test booking fee for something I'll most likely fail lol
>>
i got my learner's permit at 16 (only because it was required in school), never went any further from there. i still haven't tried driving a car yet
>>
File: 1487664662466.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1487664662466.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
>>37255313
It's not that big of a deal. I'm 23 and my mother still drives me around everywhere. It's a pain in the ass. Today she argued with me because I needed a drive to the store and she was tired. I have no one to teach me and no money for a car so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>37255388
>tfw took me 7 tries just to get my permit
i am so embarrassed about this.
>>
>>37255313
Got mine at 18, my NEET brother didn't bother getting his until after I got mine. He was 24 when I got mine.
>>
File: 1489629322961.png (210KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
1489629322961.png
210KB, 581x581px
>>37255564
MODS UNDERAGE MODS BAN BAN BAN HIM
>>
I don't have a license because I have no need for one. My own car is an unnecessary expense seeing as I never go anywhere unless I absolutely have to and even then I'll just get my mom to drive me.
>>
can drive auto but not manual hoping to fix that soon
>>
File: 14324231.jpg (4KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
14324231.jpg
4KB, 125x117px
>tfw live in shitty small college town
>took 2 lessons and then had to drive with my sister before taking test
>got license pretty easy
>no driving on interstate highway
>no parallel parking
>merging on interstate highways looks so terrifying

idk what im gonna do if i ever live in the city where i have to drive on Interstate highways for work. I wish i took it in the city and failed untill i actually learned how to fucking drive.
>>
>>37255313
Two years ago when I was 17
>>
>>37255313
SDfag, got my learner's at 14
>>
>>37255388
Are you yellow, porous, and live in Bikini bottom?
>>
At 18 because I didn't have to get a permit or do any of those gay pre reqs
>>
26, never held a driving licence.
Have driven illegally several times though.
>>
i miss having people chauffeur me around desu.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.