[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were the 80's like? Were they as good as people said?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: MoP.jpg (118KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
MoP.jpg
118KB, 894x894px
What were the 80's like? Were they as good as people said? also stories of cool shit you saw or done in the 80s
>>
>>37254941
I imagine it was a lot like how Hot Tub Time Machine portrayed it
>>
>>37254941

Like now except no internet
>>
>>37255048
Or cell phones
>>
we had Regan and AIDS

-actually it wasn't that bad, but the 90s were better
>>
>>37254941
The 80s were shit because that's when I was born.
>>
>>37255027
Whenever I watch that film I feel extreme nostalgia for the 80s even though I wasn't born yet, am I the only one?
>>
>>37255122
The 90s sounded cool. I think the 2000s were lame, the 2010s are lame too
>>
>>37255048
Music seemed more enjoyable and people weren't as nostalgic as now
>>
>>37254941
It was a ton of commerialized garbage with every art form in the mainstream being set to the lowest common denominator (except for film).
So imagine right now but more white, generally better films, and not bitch whipped so hard by technology.
Don't fall for le Reddit 80s were the best :^) memes
>>
>>37255157
the early 2000s were like a purified version of the 90s, late 2000s was shit but not as bad as now
>>
>>37255197
The early 2000s were just an extension of the worst qualities of the later 90s.
>>
Old guy here. I'm 47 years and was basically a teenager throughout the 80s. Let me just say that it was an entirely different world compared to what we live in now. I believe all of this over stimulation is causing teens nowadays to become more autistic and well, more introverted. I can't even use my computer for more than 2 hours without getting a headache for fuck's sake.

Well, to start off first, we didn't have the internet so there wasn't no constant stimulation. Even music was limited so if we wanted to find some sort of entertainment fix, we actually had to go OUTSIDE. That's right. Even the so called nerds went outside and socialized with each other. As far as I remember, people back then were more emotionally expressive. There was no constant communication of the outside world so the best portrayal that we got from the outside world was from Television. Also, neighborhood communities were much more closer to each other compared to now. I'm astonished at how it's difficult for my nephew (18) to go to the grocery store because of "social anxiety" yet when I was his age, going and walking to public events was a piece of cake. Of course, there was the cold war scare with the soviet union but back then people had some optimism because of Regan's era and how conservative the 80's was becoming at some point. The average teen's cognitive abilities were much better than they are. I shit you not, every goddamn millennial now needs their smartphone to look up something simple like "How to fix a lightbulb" or "How to change a tire" when back then, all you had was your common sense and it worked but take these devices from these kiddies and they become dumber than a pack of rocks. In all, I miss the 80s. They were a much simpler time than today.

>>37255122

I disagree. The 90s was when everything started to become bad and people started focusing on such nonsense like political correctness again like in the 70s.
>>
>>37255348
Autism is caused by a set of brain deficiencies and genetic mutations in the brain though.. its genetic
>>
>>37255516
No it's interino u atist
>>
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1495617559381.webm
seemed like a comfy time
>>
File: 1484495859212.jpg (15KB, 283x314px) Image search: [Google]
1484495859212.jpg
15KB, 283x314px
>>37255612
Im sorry, but what?! dkmskm
>>
>>37254941
i was born in 1988
not cool
>>
>>37255673
lel I've seen that exact video, love that channel.
>>
>>37255767
whats the channel?
>>
>>37255732
he caught the 'tism right as he was typing
>>
File: 1483912025554s.jpg (2KB, 113x125px) Image search: [Google]
1483912025554s.jpg
2KB, 113x125px
>>37255826
You got me anon. jeogroj
>>
File: images (13).jpg (24KB, 444x331px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
24KB, 444x331px
>tfw always fantasize about spending my teenage and young adult years in the 80s
>kids my age would be more fun unlike how snobby kids are in this generation are
>wouldn't be too distracted by vidya and internet that they would isolate me from the outside world
>bros and I would be holding magazines and sharing comic books, playing DnD more instead of tapping on our phones every minute in a conversation
>go watch Return of the Jedi with that qt in class because torrents haven't been invented yet
>start lifting so I can look like Arnold Schwarzenneger after watching Terminator and Conan the Barbarian
>music was actually good and had more diversity ranging from A-ha to early Metallica

Holy shit. My parents always told me how the 80s were pretty cool back then. Why did I have to be born in 1997?
>>
>>37255809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxbeynIfzd8
>>
>>37256305
I understand these feels
>Imagining being an 80s kids and having late night weed fueled dnd sessions with skeevy stoner friends
>after coming back from maiden, metaallica concerts when tehy were all high as shit and in their prime and you were in you your prime cause you were high as shit
>>
>tfw video cameras were a rare novelty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
>>
>>37256693

That girl was obviously high on coke. The classical car mirror was used as a novelty to snore coke from it.
>>
>>37255122
90s sucked musically. 90s had shitty bands like Pearl Jam, 80s had Def Leppard and Judas Priest.
>>
>>37256791 80s and 90s were the decades for metal, metals dying now
>>
>>37254941
I could never really get into Metallica and always preferred Megadeths over it. Only like the "kill em all" and "ride the lightning" also some songs from other albums,but that's about it.
>>
>>37256791
Korn was good
>>
>tfw you'll never see The Police live at the top of their game when zenyatta mondatta was fresh
>>
>>37256870
tfw you'll never see all the bands you like before they got old
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.