[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/noCellphone/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: No-Phone-Zone-2.jpg (29KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
No-Phone-Zone-2.jpg
29KB, 350x350px
Anyone else abandon the dumb distraction of having a cellular phone? If not, why do you still use a dumb normie brainwashing device?
>>
I don't have to be at my computer to use the internet
>>
>>37253561
Why do you feel the need to be constantly connected? I get fine through the school and work day without constant internet connection. In my free time I just read or people watch.
>>
Sorry friend but the utility of a phone goes beyond being a portable distraction device. If you got rid of yours because you felt it was a hindrance then good for you but I'm not going to reject the pinnacle of tech innovation because some retard on /r9k/ said it was dumb.
>>
>>37253542
My plan was to spend all my money on a bus trip across the country and live off of the essentials. I would've just gotten a shitty flip phone since it's cheaper than a landline and more useful. Smartphones are a scam.
>>
>>37253542
truthfully i've been feeling the same way, all i do is buy into apps or monthly products like netflix and spotify
>>
>>37253593
Because I need distraction from how much I hate myself so I spend a lot of time numbing my mind with content
>>
>>37253644
>>37253686
Ever since I stopped bringing my phone with me I feel so much better. I just leave it at home. Almost in the since I feel no longer bound to the chains of the device, I see the world and the people around me in a whole new light.
>>
>>37253593
>I just read or people watch.

that's fucking boring i rather shitpost on r9k you fucking normie bitch
>>
>>37253644
I plan to do something similar but sell all my assets and place them in a long term savings account then live in woods.
>>
>>37253542
I need to call my parents to pick me up.
>>
>>37253542
I really only use mine as a glorified music and video player and a PDA with extra features. Are PDA's even still a thing anymore? Because they were pretty comfy back in the 2000s.
>>
>>37253542
I haven't had one for close to 2 years now. My last one fell out of my pocket getting out of my car, slid down a hill and into a gutter. I took that as a sign. Haven't noticed it at all besides sometimes I'd feel better having one in case of an emergency.
>>
>>37253626
this. this. this. one hundred times, this.
>>
Some jobs require you to have one. It's also good to have one in the car, in case of emergency, so you can call for help.
>>
>>37253756
Good for you. I'd do the same if I ever left the house.
>>
>>37253781
This. Mine is probably 80% music player, 10% timers and alarm clock, and the rest is Google Maps and miscellaneous organising stuff. Occasionally I use it to text or get phone calls.
>>
>>37253778
I rarely go anywhere that requires a car, I suppose it depends on the situation.
>>
>>37253542
I think its a normie thing to be able to go out w/o a smart phone. before smart phones i broght my gameboy with me everywhere i went just to avoid social interactons.
>>
>>37253542
>>37253593

You probably think that's like a cool revolutionary thing to do, but all normies had no cell phones (especially smart phones) until like 15 -10 years ago.

I didn't get a cell phone until I was 26. Life before cell phones was inconvenient and complicated and also boring. I also grew up without the internet at home.

>but people ignore me because of cell phones

No, people would have ignored you back then, and each other, with a magazine or a walkman or big old fat grey gameboy or just not talking to you and simply staring at a wall in silence.

It''s like people in the 90s were walking around and doffing one's hat to every person that walked by and knew the grocers by name like it's some sort of 1920s-themed Broadway musical.

As someone who lived before cell phones, not even smart phones, I can tell you that cell phones are awesome and technology is great.
>>
File: n-SMARTPHONE-628x314.jpg (62KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
n-SMARTPHONE-628x314.jpg
62KB, 628x314px
Speaking of phones, does anyone know of a cheap phone (under $200 new) that is small and durable? I had a dogshit Samsung and the fucking screen just cracked WHILE IT WAS IN MY FUCKING POCKET (not sitting on it, just walking, nothing else in pocket with it).
>>
>>37254250
Some anon was talking about Chinese androids in some thread a while ago. Apparently they're much, much cheaper, within your price range, and their specs are just as competitive as modern western smart phones.

Personally I've just keeping mine (Galaxy S5) in an ottercase with screen protector at all times since I took my last one out of its case and went outside for a thing one second and walked back in and it fell on the concrete and RIP.
>>
>>37254250
>using a samsung
Well there's your problem anon. Luckily enough however they seem to be leaning towards the weapon market with their incendiary grenade cell phone hybrids. I'd stick with Nokias, their new phones aren't 3310s but they're still pretty much the most indestructible on the market. Not sure where you'll find one new for $200 though.
>>
>>37254323
I would never trust anything from China that wasn't from a western company. The Chinese literally have almost no regulations or standards in manufacturing.
>>
>>37254348
Didn't have a lot of choices. I picked from what was available from my phone company because it was less hassle.

>ottercase
This is fucking obnoxious. If you do this, you may as well carry around a laptop.
>>
>>37254353
The Xiaomi phones are pretty fucking good. Go check out /csg/ on >>/g/
>>
>>37254427
Not fucking buying chinese.
>>
>>37253542

i need to stay in touch with friends and family, phone's really handy for that. as well as emergencies.
>>
>>37254353
>>37254353

>that wasn't from a western company.

That doesn't really mean anything

It all comes from the same Foxconn factories. Even whatever laptop or desktop you're posting from. It was made in China. You're constantly buying Chinese.
>>
>>37254513
Of course it means something. American companies have actual standards for manufacturing because their target is the western market. Chinkshit is literally made any old fucking way that will make the most money.

Stop fucking shilling for chinkshit. You sound like a fucking mangosteen zombie. I'm not fucking buying chinkshit.
>>
>>37254563
Your MAGA hat was made in China.

Also, just as an example, the #1 most recalled car brand because of manufacturing defaults wasn't Japanese or anything, it was American. Ford.

You don't have to buy anything that you don't want to, stop being so defensive over it lol
>>
>>37253542
school bores me beyond imagination if i didn't have my phone to read or browse the internet i would just sleep during school
>>
>>37254624
>MAGA hat
You mean yours? Just because I live in America, that doesn't mean I'm one of you fucking retards.
>>
>>37254701
>I CAN'T BUY CHINESE I WILL NEVER BUY CHINESE CHINKSHIT CHINKSHIT CHINKSHIT AMERICAN COMPANIES ARE NUMBER ONE FUCKING FUCK FUCK [gun shots]

well you definitely sound like one of them, sorry if I mistakenly assumed you were.
>>
>>37254740
Just fucking stop. I hate your masters' country.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.