[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally the most robot TV show character

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: data.jpg (135KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
data.jpg
135KB, 880x660px
>literally the most robot TV show character
>>
Lore more closely represents the modern robot
>>
>>37249507
Lore went insane because he could not cope with his emotions. You might be right.
>>
>>37249426
And yet he still had more sex than you.
>>
File: marvin.jpg (15KB, 300x328px) Image search: [Google]
marvin.jpg
15KB, 300x328px
Paranoid Android, blast from the past edition
>>
>>37249580
Marvin literally had a roastie and a Chad friend though
>>
>>37249601
And no penis.
>>
File: Brock O'Leigh.jpg (84KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
Brock O'Leigh.jpg
84KB, 694x530px
Barclay was pretty robotic, at least at first. Then they forced him to give up his holo waifu fantasies and try to be a normalfag.
>>
File: Spott.jpg (75KB, 1024x775px) Image search: [Google]
Spott.jpg
75KB, 1024x775px
>>37249659
HAI GUYZ I AM A WOMYN AND I FINK THAT SPOTTY WUZ A LE ROBUT COZ HE WAS ALL LIEK BEEP BOOP HIGHLY ILLEGITIMATE CAPTAIN

DID I MENTION I AM A WOMAN AND I DON'T ONLY WANT A JOCK CHAD I ALSO LIKE 6FT + NERDS WITH A SIXPACK AND BIG MUSCLES WHO MAKE MONEY I AM SO DEPWESSED
>>
>>37249659
Barclay was right about the transporters.
>>
>>37249812

nothing about star trek makes sense

>ai exists but unaugmented biological humans still perform tasks
>no currency, people just work for "lol personal enrichment"
>somehow 99% of men don't spend their every living moment boning VR waifus in the holodeck
>>
>>37250042
There are lottery winners who still work for "muh personal enrichment", maybe the men we see are just the 1% resisting their waifu temptation.
>>
File: tve10437-20121004-284.jpg (52KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tve10437-20121004-284.jpg
52KB, 320x240px
wrong, this is truly /ourguy/
>>
>>37250042
Nothing wrong with working for curiosity, enjoyment and self-improvement. Also, someone's gotta protect mankind from the Romulans.

Also, they're all raised to believe that career is everything. If you aren't on a career track to becoming a starfleet captain then your life is not worth living.
Picard firmly believes this, as evidenced by that episode where Q changes his past. Picard thinks the members of his crew who do the essential but low-level tasks and just useless scum whose lives are worthless.
>>
>>37250042
>somehow 99% of men don't spend their every living moment boning VR waifus in the holodeck
There's a lot of mention of characters using holodecks off-screen, and innuendos are sometimes dropped that some of these uses were sexual in nature, it's just sort of swept under the rug. Pretty sure almost all of Quark's holosuite revenue came from holowhores. Also these peoples' lives are way more interesting than ours so they have things to divert them from their libido, and realistically, when you can do ANYTHING in a holodeck, just having sex all the time would get pretty boring.

What I'm more surprised by is the fact that they've never really expanded on the existential ramifications of holotech outside of the "holograms are people too" concept that you saw a lot of in voyager. There was some mention of holo-psychosis or something like that in the barclay episode but it wasn't really elaborated on outside of the context of the episode. We ourselves basically already have a new "everything is a simulation" religion growing and the intensity of the blurring lines between reality and non-reality that we've encountered doesn't come close to that that holotech would provide.
>>
>>37250480
There's a lot of things that they really couldn't expand on because it would break and tear massive holes in the plot.

Holograms were amazingly sophisticated. There was really nothing to stop them from giving the ship's computer the same level of AI as a hologram, and even giving it a holographic avatar.
There could have been holo-emitters all over the ship and easily 80% of the crew could be holograms, with just a skeleton crew of humans to fix broken emitters.
Imagine replacing the entire security crew with holograms. Immortal, super-strong, ultra-accurate holographic soldiers.
>>
File: Guardian_of_Forever,_2267.jpg (7KB, 180x145px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian_of_Forever,_2267.jpg
7KB, 180x145px
>>37249426
>no friends
>everyone avoids you
>merely doing your job but it always goes wrong
>>
>>37250446
That episode really frazzled my razzle. I lost a lot of respect for the captain.
>>
Yeah
strytfuyiugfdsetrdytfugiu
heh im breaking a rule
>>
>>37250446
Considering the Enterprise mortality rate, I guess that's fair. He wouldn't feel that great if he thought the occasional crew member murdered by his blundering was worth something.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.