[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patrician hobbies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 1495571691005.jpg (62KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495571691005.jpg
62KB, 640x800px
Alright /r9k/ we all know sports, cards and acoustic guitar playing are for plebs. So let's list things a refined Gentleman would do in his free time ITT

I'll start
>piano playing
>book reading, but not as much as a worm
>oil painting on canvas
>>
>>37248940
>cunny inspecting
>>
File: 87527229_XS[1].jpg (9KB, 350x235px) Image search: [Google]
87527229_XS[1].jpg
9KB, 350x235px
>woodworking
>marksmanship
>growing orchids
Can we agree that the ideal number of hobbies for any one man is three? Less is uninteresting, more and you're not very skilled at any one of them.
>>
>>37248940
Welding steel statues and writing a fantasy novel/political manifesto/phylosophical book
>>
>>37248995
a fine taste indeed
>>37249011
yes, no man has time to have more than three without sucking at them all
>>
File: Pussy Sniffer.png (128KB, 1250x350px) Image search: [Google]
Pussy Sniffer.png
128KB, 1250x350px
>>37248995
Reminded me of this post desu
>>
Growing/cutting bonsai trees.

All your needs are fulfilled with this hobby.
>>
File: 1472537592721.jpg (57KB, 526x592px) Image search: [Google]
1472537592721.jpg
57KB, 526x592px
>>37248940
>Loli loving
>Cunny cuddling
>kid collecting
>cunny crunching
>Loli licking
>>
File: 432wdeq.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
432wdeq.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
Mudding
>>
>>37248940
I've done muay thai since I was 12. I can literally kick someones leg off
>>
>>37248995
>you will never be a school nurse on cunny inspection day
>>
>>37248940
Jap cars
>>
File: 1492985054361.jpg (73KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1492985054361.jpg
73KB, 660x495px
>>37248940
>Weapons/Gunsmithing
>Military History
>Carpentry
>Blacksmithing/Metallurgy(inb4 fedora/LARPer)
>Glassmaking
>Computer Building
>Drawing
>Writing

>>37248995
So, Gynecology?
>>
>tfw no hobbies

All I do is work and play overwatch these days.

How do I get into wood working senpai
>>
>>37249568
I think cunny inspection is left for the pediatrician in some countries
>>
>>37248940
Why is piano better than classical guitar? Piano is for paradigm following normies
>>
>>37249586
>buy wood
>buy knife
woah
>>
>>37248940
>acoustic guitar playing are for plebs.
Indeed fretfags are shit tier
t. Violinist
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-07+at+12.52.27).png (6KB, 600x108px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-07+at+12.52.27).png
6KB, 600x108px
>>37248940
Are my hobbies patrician?

>drawing both traditional and digital
>programming; C, Java, Python
>writing/world building
>mma
>tabletop
>fishing
>hiking
>>
>>37248940
>tfw I play acoustic and electric guitar
>tfw I play cards
Does the fact that I also play electric change anything? What about the fact that I mostly play gambling card games?
>>
>>37249679
Only if you play like malmsteen coz jesus fretboards make your instrument easy mode.
t. Violinist
>>
>>37249652
Only writing and fishing I'd say. maybe drawing too
>>37249747
virtuoso guitar players are the worst
>>37249679
if the game is competitive and there's cash involved, yea it's mostly patrician
>>
>>37248940
>drumming and sports
tfw you don't even fit in on a board populated by other virgin autist losers
>>
>>37249652
how did you start programming, was it at the uni?
>>
>still playing instrument from when you were in high school band
Literally the patrician of patricians
>>
>>37248940
willy wars desu?
>>
>>37249747
how much guitar have you played? on violin if your finger is in the wrong spot it sounds out of tune but on a guitar it buzzes or just doesn't come out at all which arguably will make you look like more of a shitter to normies who probably don't generally have the best ear for pitch. however, i will freely admit as a guitarfag that violin is hard as fuck and i don't have the patience to learn. i bought a shitty $100 violin but it's too frustrating with how screechy my bowstrokes sound and how easily it gets out of tune. also my back is too weak from slouching to maintain the needed posture for violin very long without cramping up. i really wish i had the stamina and patience to learn bowed string instruments they really are lovely to hear
>>
>>37250106
Highschool, Python class.
>>
mushroom growing
>>
>>37248940
pen spinning of course
>>
>>37250608
I think you mean fidget spinning
>>
>>37250680
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGPAQdC4aRo
>>
hello fellow astronaut :DDDDD
>>
>>37248940
>Setting up a laboratory in his basement in order to produce DMT
>Putting DMT in his wife's food and beverages
>Recording the effects of DMT on his wife
>Baking a DMT pie with DMT leftovers, then throw a family party and offer everyone a slice
>Recording the effects of DMT on his whole family
>>
>>37250715
I wonder how it feels to masturbate in the International Space Station.
It must be cool
>>
>>37250747
post findings
>>
>>37250845
When I become a rich gentleman this is the first thing I'll do.
>>
File: 7-1-1-t.jpg (56KB, 389x320px) Image search: [Google]
7-1-1-t.jpg
56KB, 389x320px
Bleaching your inferiors
>>
>>37249497
That shit's legit. Have you fought? I gave it up because the half strength kicks hurt so bad. Also because I was an outsider at the gym
>>
>>37248940
>sailing
>golf
>fine dining
>spitting on poor people
>>
modular synths
patrician but autistic as fuck
>>
>>37251050
I won a national tournament last year.
However now I'm kinda stuck as I'm transitioning from male to female.
I still train regularly (hormones are a bit crazy rn but I still get to workout on the daily), the problem is I can't fight in female tournaments yet.
>>
>>37250326
wish i had that in my country
>>
>>37248940
>running
>electronics (not the arduino and raspberry pi + LED autism, but actual electronics)
>>
>>37251348
Programming is literally the easiest thing to self-teach from the internet. It will take like half a year until you can actually build some useful shit if you're starting from zero, but the learning process will be relatively fun.
>>
>>37251456
any recommendations on where to start? im going to start my software engineering come august btw, should i already get prepared?
>>
homebrewing and gardening.
>>
>>37248940
gardening!!! you can grow yr own food OR you can have beautiful flowers
or both!!! best hobby
>>
>>37251619
I don't think you have to prepare (and I don't know, because I'm not studying programming at uni), but it definitely wouldn't hurt. If I were you, I'd look up what programming language you'll learn in your first semester and start with that, because the basic shit like for loops, recursion, if statements and such are the same in all the languages (at least in the mainstream ones like java, C, C++, python). The only difference in difficulty comes from how many features the language has, you can obviously learn C faster than something like java or C++ with all the additional OOP features.
If you learn something like python, then you won't have to worry about nastier things like pointers and memory leaks like you would have to if you learned C, but this also means that you won't learn those things. I definitely wouldn't start with a functional language though. Also, one thing that was hard to understand for me was recursion, make sure you understand the motivation behind it.
>>
>>37251939
>Also, one thing that was hard to understand for me was recursion, make sure you understand the motivation behind it.
got any good resources for understanding this? it's something i've heard about but i have no idea where to go to learn what it is or why you'd use it, it sounds complicated from the skimming i've done on wikipedia
>>
>>37249747
Confirmed for never having touched a guitar.
I haven't played on a violin but have on a fretless bass and it's really not that different from one that has frets.
If you have played a bit you can even easily get the correct finger positions.
>>
File: file.png (43KB, 501x318px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
43KB, 501x318px
>>37252001
Well it's not a big topic so that I could point you to a resource, it's just something that was hard to understand for me first. Recursion is basically when a function calls itself, which of course means that the called function will call itself and so on, unless some criteria is met. Like if you have an array of numbers and you want to print them, you can write a function that prints the first element, and then calls itself on the rest of the array, which in turn will print the second element (the first element of the rest of the array), and so on, until the end of the array is reached. The problem with this example of course that it feels unmotivated, why would you do such a thing when you can just use a loop to print all the elements?
Sometimes, though, using recursion is the more elegant thing to do. Like if you have a JSON file, it can contain JSON objects (the things between curly braces), which can contain JSON objects, which can contain JSON objects..., so if you want to write a function that parses JSON files, the easiest thing to do when you encounter a JSON object is to call the function on the encountered JSON object itself.
Another good example, in my opinion, is merge sort. Merge sort splits the array in half, sorts both halves, and then merges them, by doing comparisons between the elements of the now sorted two halves. How does it sort the two halves? It again splits them in half, sorts them, and merges them. So you basically split the array in halves repeatedly until you "reach the bottom" and end up with two arrays that only contain one or two elements. Naturally, the easiest way to write a merge sort function is to split the array in two halves, call the sorting function again on both halves, and then have some code that does the merging and some other code that handles the case when you're reached the bottom.
>>
>>37252369
If you start learning to program and you reach the point where you can declare functions and such, you should try implementing merge sort or quick sort imo.
>>
>>37250608
pls teach me how to spin pens i want to be cool spinning pens is cool pls teach me anon
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.