[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's that job hunt coming along? ksjfn

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15

File: 1494355630010.png (109KB, 631x595px) Image search: [Google]
1494355630010.png
109KB, 631x595px
How's that job hunt coming along? ksjfn
>>
Turned one down today because they took a month to call me back after I had already found another that pays $2 more with better hours.

If me as a felon can find work, there's no reason you can't.
>>
I have one, and it looks great.
Seems like I can work alone or in a small group and don't have to communicate much with people.
>>
File: 1407076854483.jpg (100KB, 745x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407076854483.jpg
100KB, 745x720px
>had an interview at McDonald's on the 20th
>they asked for my shirt size and pant size even
>still haven't gotten a call back
Is there some shit in my background check that causes everyone to drop me? I gave them my SSN afterwards. Do they just take around a week to call you back or something? This has happened with multiple others.
>>
File: pnlu9ph7f2xy.jpg (44KB, 742x731px) Image search: [Google]
pnlu9ph7f2xy.jpg
44KB, 742x731px
OP here. I called a security company about an ad and for unarmed guards they only have overnight shift in a city about an hour away. I don't mind working overnight, but the commute makes it not worth it.

When I got home (I went to the woods to make the call to clear my mind and to not be around the people in this house), I saw an ad for a dishwashing job that seems desperate to hire, as the person "must be able to start immediately," but I'm worried they might try to fuck me on the pay. IDK what I should ask for desu, but other dishwashing jobs in the area range from $8-10/hr, so maybe I could ask for $9.
>>
File: t3_5j36jp.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
t3_5j36jp.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
>>37248619
Yeah, but I have no skills or references and an employment gap of 8 years. What crime did you do and how long were you locked up? Also, what were the jobs you're talking about?
>>
>>37248584
Not that great. Going to check back in with a couple I've already submitted applications to and try to apply for a couple others tomorrow. My resume is bad and sad. I have very very little experience so it's been difficult. Going on 6 months job hunting now
>>
>>37248584
Good luck with the job search, anon.

I just got a job as an overnight produce clerk. My training starts tomorrow morning at 5am, then I guess I'll start overnights soon.

I'm a bit anxious about it, even though I'm sure I'll do well. I was unemployed for three weeks (shortest time I've been unemployed), so I'm looking forward to employement
>>
just barged in on a place by motorcycle the other day, asked for the manager and had a good talk. I think I'm one of the best candidates the've got. it's a 30 hour position as a salesmen for furniture. mostly chatting people up and selling them stuff, should be pretty chill. im expecting a call anytime. going by the look in their faces, i was definitely the first to just go down there, no doubt.

>>37248655
i dont know where you're from but I wouldn't want to live there. what the fuggg
>>
What can you do with a BA in English? Apparently not find a suitable job when you also have limited work experience.
>>
>>37248584
recently fired, havent bothered to start looking. hopefully it goes well when i have to, i do not think the gubmint will give me my neetbuxs.
>>
File: getajob.png (46KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
getajob.png
46KB, 300x100px
I work at a supermarket three days a week
>>
need to find a new job because i think im gonna get fired from my warehouse job for being too slow
>>
File: 81d.png (425KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
81d.png
425KB, 469x700px
>>37248655
IDK, bro. I'd keep my head up if I were you, as it's only been 4 days. Remember that McDonalds guy that was in jail/prison for killing someone but they hired him anyway? The one that beat the fuck out of the 2 negresses that attacked him behind the counter?

If it were more than a 10-14 days I'd be worried, but if they asked for all that shit you might be okay. If not, you could always work somewhere where you get better/more free food, like Pizza Hut. I used to work there and for closers there was always some leftover pizzas that customers didn't pick up or were mistakes. Or often if the manager is cool(they usually are) they'll let you make a fresh pizza however you want to take home. One of the guys I worked with had an assault on his record.
>>
>>37248584
>ksjfn
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEported.
>>
File: 1494443320303.jpg (365KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
1494443320303.jpg
365KB, 750x725px
>>37248584
>implying that I'm even trying
>>
It's been a week and none of the supermarkets I applied to have called me back for an interview. I called the stores a week later and these were my responses
>be patient
>no response
>uhh...I applied online so I dunno lmao
I don't want to work in fast food again please respond
>>
>>37248758
Why did you get a BA in English? Did you just go along for the ride without thinking about what employment it would get you?
>>
>>37248584
Got an interview but I got scared and didn't show up. It was for a call center anyways. I have already worked in one and I'd rather be homeless than to walk into that hell again
>>
>>37248826
Yeah I've just given up. If military doesn't work out my parents can deal with the debt of forcing me to go to college.
>>
>>37248692
Why do you have a gap of 8 years
>>
File: 14324231.jpg (4KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
14324231.jpg
4KB, 125x117px
>21 no work experience live in small college town in the south
>have been applying to mcdicks,wendys and every low end wage cuck job in my area
>no response
>friend in MD with no work experience walks in and gets an interview on the spot
>mfw when i walk in to stores they tell me to apply online

there are no jobs here fuck this place cant wait to leave once i finish university.
>>
>tfw applied to McDonald's twice online
>didn't even get a reply email
>entirety of job searching was this
>feel like I'm literally fucking invisible to hundreds of companies who refuse to acknowledge me
This is when I gave up, lads.
>>
I feel like I've read this thread before.
>>
>>37249756
A combination of laziness, depression, and inertia. Probably other things too, but those are the main ones.
>>
>>37249857
>>37249807

Go to a neighborhood with a lot of niggers or beaners fast food places will hire you for being white.
>>
>>37250269
im not white anon im an ugly short black person.
>>
File: 1489483669133.gif (494KB, 387x305px) Image search: [Google]
1489483669133.gif
494KB, 387x305px
>>37248584

Mom is a teacher in university. Gonna set me up to assist someone for a month. I'm a lazy bastard so I'm ok with this.
>>
>>37248758

I also have a BA in English, and have worked at Best Buy for the past 7 years. I contemplate suicide regularly, but, hey, maybe my whole comedy writing thing will take off one day.
>>
File: frog mad sad.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
frog mad sad.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
don't fall for the CDL meme
>work 16 hours per day
>only getting paid 100 dollars a day
>>
>>37248584
decent, problem is im picky. I refuse to work at anything fast food or food related. I'd rather stick my dick into a snake pit than deal with that hell. Just moved to l.a so maybe ill just go spend my time smoking weed at the beach
>>
>>37250317
If you're not preforming you're fucking yourself.
>only work 8 hours a day,waste the other 8
faggot
>>
File: 1493422854785.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493422854785.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
Had an interview today, have to wait until next week to see if I got it but it's pretty much confirmed as long as the manager isn't a cunt
I don't want to be a wagie but fuck am I fed up with not being able to afford food and vidya as well as always getting shit from my family
>>
>>37248584
>tfw wagecuck since beginning of month
>can finally afford a gym membership
>start taking showers and look like a decent human being now

if you wanna get /fit/ robots, get a warehouse job, then go to the gym after work
i already lost 10 pounds this month and i can finally fit the pants I wore when I was a high school senior
>>
File: captcha.png (332KB, 412x585px) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
332KB, 412x585px
>>37250371
>getting from my family

this is the only reason i want a job, so i dont have to take shit from anyone again and can talk back.
>>
>>37248758
my brother is an english major got a job as a mail clerk at a bank and worked his way up and now he's an assistant manager. Maybe something in operations/back office? You don't necessarily need a business degree.
>>
>>37250404
>If there are none, click skip.
Fucking nitwit.
>>
>>37250388
>if you wanna get /fit/ robots, get a warehouse job
I loaded trucks for a year didn't even hit and gym and I ended up in the best shape of my life.
>>
>>37250365

I perform at open-mics regularly and take improv classes. Work is from 6AM-2PM, Monday to Friday. I don't get much sleep. Also took a second job on the weekends at a gym, which gives me free membership.

I'm an active guy. Just stuck in a bit of a cycle. I love my hobbies, but I'd probably trade them for learning a more useful skill when I was in college.
>>
>>37248584
>work in IT part-time, make slightly less than needed to keep up with my expenses but also 90% of my time is spent sititng on a computer doing whatever the fuck i want
feels weird man
>>
>>37250453
nice, that's what i'm talking about. That was part of my warehouse job i had last year
i only mentioned gym afterwards to speed things up and target muscle groups but if you're watching your diet you can look pretty damn decent
>>
>>37249807
very similar to my situation anon i ended up getting a job at a pizza place and it feels good to be finally earning money as much as i hate work and normies. good luck anon. 21 is not as bad as it might sound to you, age wasn't on my resume and they didn't even ask my age in person.
>>
File: tumblr_o7hoc80rZ21qjg11ao1_500.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7hoc80rZ21qjg11ao1_500.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>"JUST HAND IN YOUR RESUME"
>>
>>37248758
Same here except I was substituting but since the school year is over I've been looking for something else. Been rejected from multiple jobs because they don't think I will stay long term. They see my degree and automatically assume I will leave for something better. If only it was that easy.
>>
>>37248657
Ask for twelve, settle for ten.
>>
>>37250294
Rough m8
>>
>get a job in a food delivery place loading frozen food
>Was fine for 2 months
>They hire another guy
>Expect me to teach him how to stack
>Realize no one has actually taught me how to stack
>Truck loads start looking like shit from our stacking
>They have to switch they new good and put him in the freezer
>Have to work with a guy who went to prison
>He yells at me all the time
>Get home and still have anxiety from it
>Just want to quit now

Help me
>>
Not that great.

My last job ended two weeks ago because its seasonal and they don't let me work over the summer and I probably will not be able to go back in the Fall.

Everywhere these days only accepts applications online. I've sent out about 20 in the past two days. Each one takes around 30 minutes to complete.
After all that effort and time I imagine my little e-application just ends up in somebody's computer on a pile of hundreds of other applications.

this is all entry level minimum wage stuff too btw. So even if I get hired I won't have any money.
gg world
>>
got an interview at wendys probably becaused i lied on my app, gotta go do that tomorrow

i havent had a job since 2013
>>
>interview at Meijer tomorrow

scared
>>
>>37248584
>How's that job hunt coming along? ksjfn
fucking shit
anyone wanna help me write a cover letter??
>>
>>37251740
Should have applied at costco, baka
>>
>>37251604
Basically I have the same feels except I got laid off from my last min wage job, so at least I get unemployment benefits for awhile.

I have a worthless degree too. I knew it was worthless towards the end of my education, but I still feel sort of bitter about being robbed of my time, money, and effort.
>>
File: Manatee.jpg (13KB, 488x356px) Image search: [Google]
Manatee.jpg
13KB, 488x356px
>about to finish university next semester
>haven't done any internships or work related to my field
>didn't make any connections with classmates, either

fuck it, I guess I'll just join the military after
>>
>>37251604
This so much man each one has some bs personality quiz that takes 30-45mins and you wont even get a response. I fill out about 5 a day for the past 2 weeks since university closed but im about to give up.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.