[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all I want is to live in a big city >median rent for all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0910.jpg (577KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0910.jpg
577KB, 849x565px
>all I want is to live in a big city
>median rent for all cities: 4000/mo for a 1br near downtown
>too stupid for college to transfer there
>parents are poor

Why was I born? Why was I born just to want the things I can't have?
>>
That's a nice Deutz
>>
>>37246966
u still keep trying, nigga
>>
Most young people get roommates. I pay $700/month for one bedroom in a nice 3br in the most expensive rental market in N America.
>>
>>37246966

4000/month

where the fuck do you live? dubai?
>>
>>37247819
So you just make like a thousand a month (min wage) and spend 700 of it a month and just starve? I'm down to do this fuck my town.
>>
File: IMG_3975.png (122KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3975.png
122KB, 640x1136px
>>37247825
Nah the land of the "free"
>>
>>37247836
Nah I make just about $1600 so rent and utilities is a little less than half my income. It's doable.
>>
>>37247880
Yeah but I don't have that option there's no training where I live. If I could just be a security guard or something I'd be so fucking happy but I'm gonna have to work at Burger King there.
>>
>>37247893
All you gotta do is get some relevant experience in restaurant work and try to get your foot in the door at a high-end restaurant or catering company. I made $22/hr untipped as a catering waiter when I first moved to the city and I just lied about having service experience.
>>
File: 1495356181570.jpg (242KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495356181570.jpg
242KB, 1280x960px
>>37246966
why the fuck you want to live the the land of normies? there is something very wrong with you
>>
>>37246966
Why do you want to live around shitskins?
>>
>>37246966

>4000/month

Think you got your information wrong.

And why does it have to be downtown? Living downtown isn't necessarily a good thing in a big city.
>>
>>37247957
Tbh living in the city is not so bad as a robot. People generally don't judge you for doing shit that would be considered 'abnormal' in suburbia. Like if I want to go sit out in the park at 11PM, smoke a pack of cigarettes, and read a book I guarantee you not only will nobody give me a second glance - there will prob be some other nigga out there doing the same shit.
>>
>>37247819
>the most expensive rental market in N America.
San Francisco or Toronto?
>>
>>37246966
Live with roommates for a year or two , it may boost your social skills and get you out of this place
>>
>>37248122
t. Jew York
>>
Why would you ever want to live in the city? Fuck that. Comfy small towns are where its at.
>>
>>37248787
>Comfy small towns are where its at.
How is that?
>>
>>37248020
This. City air makes you free as the saying goes.
>tfw you'll never know enough robots to start a Midnight Smoke'n'Read Book Club
>>
American cities are running out of space. We should have been building vertically like Asia, but we never did this because
>muh suburbs

Now it's too late

City people are chasing their dreams and becoming successful, while everyone else overdoses on heroin
>>
>>37247819
>>37248750
what part of town? thinking of moving into an apartment off campus with a few friends in Manhattan but all the affordable places seem sketchy
>>
>>37246966

I think this is going to be a big problem in the future as rural communities dry up; the young don't have anywhere to go because there's no entry-level city living.
>>
>>37249174
Lower East Side, p much the last "affordable" neighborhood in Manhattan below 96th St. If you can find a good rent-stabilized unit, jump on it. North Brooklyn is also a good choice if you can get close to the train, also a little bit cheaper. Don't believe people when they tell you black neighborhoods like Harlem or Bed-Stuy are nice to live in, they're not.
>>
>>37249174
Also do research on the landlord of the building before you rent. Jewish or Arab LL's are bad news, they often conceal themselves behind a management company or LLC. You can look up building documents and complaints on the NYC Dept. of Buildings website.
>>
>>37247859
It literally says 3k a month for downtown. And even so it's desirable for a lot of people who make more than you so that's why it costs a lot. Make due living somewhere else. Whatever you think is there is not worth it
>>
>>37249289
>>37249347
thanking you originally based anon
>>
>>37249476
Also, fwiw, a trick a friend told me is to never look at an apartment while the weather is bad. If there are bums, drug addicts, fat dominicans blasting Bachata out of a stereo, etc. who like to chill outside of a building every day, they might not be out if it's raining.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.