[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do INTPs not have feelings? I have a very hard time understanding them

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 1490419723214.jpg (143KB, 462x533px) Image search: [Google]
1490419723214.jpg
143KB, 462x533px
do INTPs not have feelings? I have a very hard time understanding them
>>
>>37241457
We do, but we can just stop feeling if we need to.
Also, many things normal people do are strange. Like hugging, why would you hug anyone that's not your girlfriend?
Overall, we just have our emotions on a low setting, maybe because they very obviously contradict what we think in extreme situations.
>>
>>37241457
I do, I'm just very analytical of them. "Oh I'm feeling this way, why? how? should i keep feeling this way?"
I also avoid showing my feelings because feelings are a weakness to be exploited.
>>
>>37241536
>>37241493
Does this affect relationahips in anyway?
>>
>>37241536
This.

They are still there, I just don't show them to anyone. Tbh the only people who need to know how I'm feeling are my potential relationship partners, so what's it matter
>>
>>37241613
>implying an intp gets in a relationship with anyone in this day and age.

tried dating a couple of women. no matter how attractive they were, they were all stupid. I rather stay single.
>>
>>37241613
Yes

The last girl I dated thought I was testing her when I said I loved her. I literally cannot "mean" what I say to other people, since I always sound sarcastic or insincere.
>>
>>37241613
A lot. People get upset about a lot of things and don't often say so, to the point that you miss """obvious""" cues and are berated for it.
With gf I have to pay a lot of attention, and I have a list of behaviors she shows when she's sad/angry/etc (obtained through long, grueling fights like holy shit this is a treasure to me). I used to try anything to get her happier, but I've narrowed down things that work somewhat. I'm fairly sure most INTPs wouldn't be lucky enough to get this far without extensive interpersonal training.
>>
I have a very hard time understanding myself too!
>>
>>37241457
I do, I'm just really bad at understanding and expressing them. And I'm also terrible at reading other's feelings
>>
https://discord.
gg/w565UwY
Come join our mbti discord, we have a lot of *ntp's
>>
>>37241457
i'm a taurus

origina
>>
>>37241493
I'm an """INTP"""""" (horoscope bullshit) and stop saying "we" you fucking moron. I hug people all the time and they hug me back/first. It's what WE do.

KILL YOURSELFFFFF
Someone might actually take you seriously.

I don't have to know them to hug them, fucking dumbass.
>>
>>37242830
>I'm also terrible at reading other's feelings
This. I'm always on my own so I never think about the feelings of others.

>>37243165
Discord shilling should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>37243247
>(horoscope bullshit)
>hasn't read anything about it
>caps and insults
>INTP
ok
>>
>>37243247
Sounds like a bad case of taking things personally. I simply referred to the majority of people I've met who fit this stereotype to a degree.
Don't sperg out over such an insignificant thing.
>>
>>37241457
I do. Good luck getting through my emotional bastion though, loser.
>>
Sometimes I laugh because I watched a funny video, then I laugh again because my perception of reality is such a farce as to be manipulated by petty trifles.
>>
I'm an intp and I want to die
>>
>>37242830
>And I'm also terrible at reading other's feelings
Oof, tell me about it. Only reason I realised the other people on my high school trivia team considered me a friend was because I stated I couldn't tell if we were friends or not, which led to me getting roughhoused for a few minutes.
>>
File: 1344810328237.png (146KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
1344810328237.png
146KB, 460x360px
I'm an INTP and have severely blunted emotions but that's more to do with mental illness rather than typology bullshit

cant really think of the last time I felt strongly about anything
>>
>>37243647
>tfw can accurately predict twists and tense moments in media
>tfw still cry when the little sister dies or some shit
>go back to normal in few seconds
>laugh at everything until normies stare
Are we just simulating emotions
>>
Yes, but we only experience them internally, its hard for us to emote towards others, and other people's expressions are uncomfortably intense so we shield ourselves to avoid being swept up in other people's emotional states.
>>
>tfw been called emotional
>don't really experience love, just lust
>get only emotional from music and empathy for broken people
>care more for animals than humans
>>
>>37243847
>been called UNemotional

Fixed. Fuck me dead.
>>
File: 1491163669199.gif (669KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491163669199.gif
669KB, 480x480px
>>37241457
I do
but everytime I show them I get steamrolled under mockery

ie:

>Who do you like anon?
>oh er... I think so and so is kinda cu-
>OMG ANON LIKES UGLY AHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
I've talked to INFP's before and I despise them 100% of the time.
>>
I actually feel really intense emotions all the time, and I'm an INTP. It's just that nothing shows on my face. I'm entirely stoic. I'm afraid to show how I'm feeling, even through effort, because most emotions lead other people to believe they can take advantage of you.
>>
>>37243906
how come?
t. infp
>>
>>37241683
I know this feeling, everything I do feels like an act, sometimes even when I think I feel fake. I also find I think others are being insincere when they aren't, and can't really read others feelings unless they make them quite obvious.
>>
File: 1491125420630.jpg (27KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1491125420630.jpg
27KB, 680x680px
>>37244034
too spot on
my greatest fear is knowing how to respond when my parents die ;_;

It's not my fault my parents had me when dad was in his 40s and mum her 30s
>>
>>37243906
Wait, aren't infp the ones who want to care for everybody?
>>
>>37244134
Not that anon. Yeah.
>>
>>37243847
Holy shit are you me?

I could literally watch a human baby getting squished to death and wouldn't care but if you play me some bach or an old man talking about his past I'll start crying like a bitch.
>>
>>37244155
I had a friend like that and we haven't had any contact for years.

I think she's the only person that knows what I care about. Should really text her, maybe she stopped being angry.
>>
>>37244224
Do you know why she was angry?
>>
>>37244085
Yeah that worries me too, I have a friend who always asks me if I love my family and how I would feel if one died- but I really don't know, I don't think I could now until it happened. I know it's not quite the same but when my parents spilt up a few years ago a lot of my childhood friends interrogated me about it and kept asking me if I cried- but I didn't really feel that upset by it more just slightly angry and unsure; I was more emotional about the fact that I wasn't feeling how I was supposed to than anything else
>>
>>37244134
Precisely. Annoying as fuck.
Not that original guy.
>>
>>37244272
Because of me of course.

I had a really bad experience with some korean girl and since then I felt such a fucking hate that it kind of mutated into this incredible case of yellow fever and I kept talking about her.

She said that, because she was in the same class as her, she was incredibly stupid (which she was but because of her parents).

However I still couldn't let her go. She also told me some personal stuff to kind of "nullify" this feeling of mine of having shared to much of myself.

She even gave me a list of what she thought was amazing about me. But I think I fucked up when I gave her arguments about how her boyfriend was one big piece of shit and how she's always the one how will get used by someone, instead of using someone.

Then she moved away and we texted a little everyday, until I had a really bad day and sperged out and told her how nobody fucking gets how I think, which in retrospect was pretty stupid. She didn't gave up, but then the convos started dying down pretty fast.

She was great tho, used to hang out and talk all the time. Always tried to make her smile and shit.
>>
>>37241493
You're just autistic I see nothing wrong with hugs
>>
>>37245040
There's nothing wrong with them, but they're very intimate. I can't really see myself doing something like that with most people. It's like a kiss on the mouth.
>>
>>37245071
This. When someone tries to hug me in family gatherings and such it gets very awkward for me.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (38KB, 736x734px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
38KB, 736x734px
I am an INTJ and I seriously am starting to suspect I am emotionally numb/dead, like I believe I am supposed to experience more feels and stuff but that part of my consciousness just stays quiet or is even dead. I don't really understand people when they talk about feelings and things as such, as edgy it may sound, I can experience the basic ones like fear and so but not much anything else, the remaining 99% of the time outside of any occasion that my organism requires an adrenalin shot I an just like silent in that sense.

I've had a few hints of this throughout my life but I had not considered this seriously until very recently after reading a few books on psychology/neurology. What do I do?
>>
File: Untitled.png (13KB, 686x76px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 686x76px
I do wonder how much autism/INTP are tied...

But anyway, yeah. People I have IM'd and am IM'ing have often made remarks/complaints about it, like pic related.
My own mother can't tell what I mean most of the time...
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.