[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel like their parents completely failed them? I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0318.png (1MB, 1200x1261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0318.png
1MB, 1200x1261px
Anyone else feel like their parents completely failed them? I thought it was just me so I ignored it, said it's all in my head. I have 3 siblings though, and they've all independently came to the same conclusion.
>>
>>37232092
how have they failed you?
my sister told me something like that too, it's hard to say because i don't know what successsful parents are supposed to be like
>>
>>37232092
You are not a failure anon, there are worst people out there.
>>
>>37232092
Yeah sure, but I'm a 30 year old adult.

They failed me, but after a while it's like okay I'm in charge of my own life now and my failures are my own. I can't always go back to them being retards when I was a kid and teenager.
>>
It's not so much that they failed me, as it feels as though they deliberately set me up to be the worst person I could be. Like all the decisions they made for me throughout my life would so blatantly result in a sad, lonely, loser that would slowly descend into insanity, that I can't imagine they couldn't have done it on purpose. I'll never have kids. Not that I'd ever have the chance. But I'd never do it. I'd never even so much as risk being nearly as bad of a parent as mine were.
>>
I feel like my parents failed me by not helping me and ignoring me as a kid
>>
>>37232092
Holy shit dude sorry for not talkibg about parents but who painted your picture
>>
>>37232268
This. Even my dad admits that neither he nor my mom taught me fuck all about being a responsible adult or any skills that I needed to survive in life. Literally nothing. But I suppose I should be grateful I had food and a roof over my head r-right?

I won't ever have a child either even if I could because I know I'd only be perpetuating that cycle or god forbid I tramautize them when I eventually take my own life. Parents who suicide piss me off so fucking much.
>>
>>37232092
No.

I failed my parents.
>>
>>37232269
So much this. My parents took me out of school when I was ten spent the next nine years on the computer and never did shit and now they wonder why I can't support myself
>>
File: 1453181681423.gif (987KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1453181681423.gif
987KB, 500x335px
>>37232092
I don't think they failed me, but locking me up in the house until I turned 17 probably didn't do me any good. I remember telling my mom about this at some point.

>"I'd rather have you the way you are now than being kidnapped or dead anon"

I'd rather be dead to be honest. No kid should ask himself why he can't understand the other kids in his class. No adult should be wondering why he doesn't think or do things like other people do.
>>
>>37232092
>older bro is a complete dummy who sleeps for 3 hours a night and works in a call center part-time
>younger sis is a weeaboo who just masturbates and proofreads manga/doujinshi translations all day now that she's out of high school
>I'm a socially awkward lolicon mouthbreather neckbeard whose only saving grace is being a CS major w/ a 2.9 GPA
Iktf bro.
>>
>>37233744
Yeah man, pretty similar here. My sister I guess turned out okay but she's an academic overachiever, I'm worried about her social life. There was a time I always got mad at the idea of her dating, now I wish she could find a nice guy to date.
>>37232191
All of us were pretty much just thrown out with no financial assistance from our parents. they do things that are outright detrimental. For example, my mom told me she wanted me to come home. I put in my two weeks at work. She insisted she had a plane ticket for me to leave on the 14th, even though I'd told my managers my last day would be the 21st. I felt like a complete prick, but I went ahead and told my managers that I'd have to leave a full week earlier than I told them. Here we are 10 days later and I still hear almost nothing from home, the plane ticket never happened, my finances are going down and I'm unsure if I should be looking for a new job or if they'll actually have a ticket.

My earliest memories are of living in poverty, our entire family was constantly moving. I lived in a small 1 room apartment sharing a single blow-up mattress with my mom and sister untl I was maybe 7. Then I lived in a house with my entire family of 6, plus a bunch of extended family members. I slept on the floor or couch. Then we all lived moved into the basement of my Aunt's family of 5. It wasn't until I was about 11 that we lived in our own apartment, but even then they made weird choices, we always lived in wrong communities that we didn't fit in, always entirely isolated from other people of my race. I switched homes and schools of entirely different demographics constantly, they taught us to stay in the house all day. I always lived away from my peers, and I was much poorer than them, so I didn't really interact with anyone.

They were extremely religious at times, made a bunch of arbitrary rules and shit, punished us randomly for no reason, pit us against each other. It all adds up and snowballs.
>>
They just kinda fucked it. Things started out decent, but when the economy dipped here, they began fighting regularly and it all fell apart. They stopped making me eat healthy things as a kid, so I spent my childhood and preteen years obese. They never cared about my education (or helped with homework even in Elementary school), so up until high school I was almost always failing. And they gave me unlimited time to play vidya and use my computer, which was bad in the long run.

But none of this would be that bad if I could look up to them somehow. I used to love going over to my friend's house because his parents actually indulged in my interests, you know - when I scrawled some story out on a notepad, they wanted to know what it was. We actually went and did things together. I was only ever invited out to the movies like three times by them, but they're some of my sweetest moments because it made me feel important. My parents still try to hide their drug addictions from me, but I've known for years. It's like a joke now, gone on way too long.

I guess in the end, it's not life-ruining. It's only the knowledge of what could've been that hurts.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.