[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I starve myself will I lose weight? I plan to eat only once

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

If I starve myself will I lose weight? I plan to eat only once a day. I like the feeling of hunger.
>>
>>37229594
Try to eat at least 500 calories a day
>>
>>37229594
C Bale did it for The Machinist, he looked preety awesome, right?
>>
>>37229594

Calories in vs calories out.

You will probably lose weight, unless you manage to eat 2000-2500 calories in one meal.
>>
>>37229594
I've been doing this for two years
The answer is yes.
>>
>>37229594
>Will you lose weight?
Yes
>Will you look better?
No. Literally starving yourself will just keep you looking skinnyfat until you hit Holocaust mode.
>>
>>37229594
No, that doesn't work and it's very bad for you and your metabolism. You need to eat at least 2000 (depends on your weight) calories per day,
>>
I heard about this starvation mode thing. When you lose weight your body draws energy from yoyos in the environment and you actually gain weight. Because of this it is impossible to change your body. If you want to lose weight you have to be sure to keep you diet and activity the same and hope you lose weight.
>>
>>37229787
I read that too but I don't know if it is true
>>
>>37229787
i dunno about the logic behind that; but i can confirm that i eat like 1 meal every 1.5 days and i am still large, not very fat but still large. However i don't exercise at all, so i think it'd just make sense to eat a normal 2/3 meals and just exercise
>>
>starve myself
>eat 1 meal a day

fuck off nigger
>>
>>37229594
not really, you might
>>37229626
>Calories in vs calories out.
this
you may not be putting them in, but they're most likely not getting out from activity. If you're not getting enough calories you're body can break down muscle so it has less need for calories to sustain, and converting that former calorie needing thing into calories. Plus you can fuck up your health pretty good if you don't get the right nutrition like vitamins what not
>>
>>37229594
Slippery slope territory. Don't do it.

Source: had gf with eating disorder
>>
>>37229787
>draws energy from yoyos in the environment

are you fucking retarded? Do you believe in alternative medicine too?

For op and everyone else wondering about it, I'm probably 125 lbs (usually 130-135) right now due to eating only once a day because of personal issues. Yes, if you don't eat, YOU LOSE WEIGHT. How fucking hard is that to understand? Don't believe the people trying to tell you it's genetics, no offense but they're probably overweight themselves and are trying to make themselves feel better by giving uninformed advice.
>>
>>37229787
>>37230404
That's bullshit but starvation mode is a thing in certain scenarios.

Basically, if you starve yourself, you are probably not disciplined, and will fail and binge eat, which will make you fatter than you probably are.
>>
>>37230288
>fuck up your health pretty good
LOL
Also your body will break down more fat than muscle, you're not just going to lose muscle mass.
>>
Anorexic here, yes you will. But you'll eventually start fucking up your organs and your hair fall out from malnutrition. Also good to mention fucked up digestive tract and weakened abdominal wall muscles which lead to TERRIBLE bloating. There's a common myth that you gain weight from starvation mode or some shit but I personally didn't and I was almost under 100 before I went into recovery. I didn't really care for my body but I was forced into recovery by my family. Consume 500-700 calories a day and you'll a good amount of weight per week. I recommend using CalorieCalculator.
>>
>>37230288
>you may not be putting them in, but they're most likely not getting out from activity.

You actually burn a decent number of calories just by existing. Like an average young man (between 5'10 and 6'1, 160-190 lbs), just by sleeping in bed all day you burn 2000 calories. Still though, literally starving yourself is a bad idea.
>>
>>37231289
Average males burn about 1500 "just by existing", 2000 is assumed to be used by that as well as daily activities such as standing, walking, and moving.
>>
>>37229594
Clover fuck off
>>
>>37231363
2000 is for sedentary women, short sedentary women. I eat 3000/day and am skelly. Only fucking retards get fat because you have to eat a fucking shit load just to hit a normal bodyweight.
>>
>>37231702
>Clover fuck on
ftfy
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.