[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /r9k/ opinion on The Walking Dead?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

Why do you like or dislike the show?
>>
>>37225723

It was good for the first 4 seasons. Then it got extremely boring and repetitive.
>>
>>37225723
It has dropped severely in quality. Still watch it though since I have nothing better to watch.
>>
Can anyone recommend some good shows to watch I've started watching American gods I think it's pretty good I highly recommend it
>>
File: IMG_2923.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2923.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
Letting him go was the mistake . Terrific episode though.
>>
First season is the onlyy good season.
The show had a fuck ton of potential.
This is what happens when you have retards in the entertainment industry.
>>
>>37226544

Vikings was pretty great if you haven't watched it already. There was some lazy writing in the most recent season but it was still good.
>>
>>37225723
I stopped watching after the prison show and then started again after catching an episode with those Larper people. I laughed my ass off and had to see more.

I love that dynamic of survivor tribes and really wish they'd play into it more. That and whats his name Bat man really make it worth watching now but the whole series was filler.

It's a soap opera now and very little will change for decades yet I'm sure.
>>
>>37225723
boring and predictable, Zombies aren't even there anymore.

What's even dumber is how their zombies are Romero slow corpses and not superhuman infected or anything, but they still have the strength to overpower a grown-ass man and rip him to shreds in a 1 vs 1 fight. Zombies are only a menace when they're in groups, or you're a dumb hysterical weak housewife trying to protect herself with a wooden spatula.

Fear the Walking Dead looked like it had potential to be different and tell a different story, basically what happens when zombie first appear and society crumbles, but they've already caught up to the main series pretty much.

>>37226787
>NAW LEMME ASK YOU SUMTHIN

every episode
>>
>>37226544
Breaking Bad was excellent, despite all hype around it it's still great.

Better Call Saul is also good in its own right despite being a cash-grab spin-off. Like what Joey was to Friends. It's still very good though.
>>
File: 1478132388070.jpg (24KB, 322x315px) Image search: [Google]
1478132388070.jpg
24KB, 322x315px
>>37225723
I can't watch it because of inconsistency. Slow zombies are not a threat, how could it wipe whole cities? It's unreal. Okay, let's blame the panic. It's good enough. But what about their resilience? They need energy to move, right? So where's the energy coming from? It's not like the average zombie is feeding that much. There are zombies who didn't feed on anything for years. And they roam around moaning just fine. Besides, why aren't they naturally decaying? The flesh should decay really fast. Yet they only seem to decay enough to look like zombies, but not more than that. After a week or two there should be no zombies left.
>>
>>37225723
It was fun the first seasons (hell, Im a weirdo and my favourite was the secon) but the rest were too bad, even for trash tv standards.

One of the main problems of the late seasons is that human villains suck, and because the zombies start loosing importance as times go by, it was just a matter of time to quality to drop.
>>
>>37227727
I don't think it was ever explained at all, just that you don't need to be bitten to turn it's already in everyone's blood.

The zombie threat also happens usually because of genre blindess where zombies aren't a thing that exist in that universe's pop culture, so it takes them like 3 months to finally figure out that the dead are undead cannibals, and then it takes them like 14 months to figure out that you have to shoot them in the head, etc.

I don't care if it's a magic voodoo curse or alien nanobot technology that is solar-powered as long as they stay consistent. Slow corpses are only a threat in masive hordes, like I said earlier, in a 1 vs 1 fight against a grown ass human adult a single zombie should never win.

>Yet they only seem to decay enough to look like zombies, but not more than that.

I think a lot of that is due to budgetary restraints and technical limitations.

Watch an episodes with loads of zombie in them and all the female zombies have a full head of blonde hollywood hair, despite being otherwise very corpse-looking, the hair would be the first thing to fall out. They just slap some zombie-looking shit on actors and extras and call it a day.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
very very very bad-looking CGI tiger that only attacked a henchman at a dramatic moment
>>
These humans struggle to have the energy to do daily activities because good food and clean water is scarce. Somehow a zombie is able to travel miles without food and water and have the strength to rip a human apart.
>>
File: beth.jpg (93KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
beth.jpg
93KB, 1252x1252px
It's like junk food. Okay in moderation. I like the soundtrack.

TFW no depressed farmgirl gf
>>
>comics don't care about pacing because no set minimum to how long an arc should last
>show has to make an arc last 24 episodes and use a lot of soap opera moments as filler

THE PACING IS TOO SLWO
>>
>>37226544
Dexter
Game of Thrones
Hell on Wheels
>>
>>37225723
It's, at the very least, mildly entertaining. Seasons 3 + 4 are definitely the best, and are probably worth rewatching. Everything else, not so much.
>>
>>37228110

Dexter is okay for the first couple of seasons. The later seasons start to fall apart, but have some good episodes. The show ended up being so bad that the author of the books decided to ruin his own work by adding vampires, Dark Passenger taking a physical form, cyborg Doakes, and
>>
>>37227965
It's gotta be either magic or nanobots
>>
Boring and predictable to appeal to a low and wide audience, and satisfy their tastes. Add in some forced social spoon-feeding

Just like everything from AMC.
>>
>>37227701
They must've kept the same writers, because each series has the same knack for incredibly punchable characters, and making the underworld seem more realistic and level-headed than suburban fuddy-duddies.
>>
>>37228251
Better Call Saul is semi kino though
>>
>>37226544
The Knick
Vikings
Malcolm in the Middle
Breaking Bad
Sopranos
The Wire
>>
>>37225723
I tried watching this and it appears they pretty much just have emotional talks for the entire episode, every episode. Everyone looks like they are on the verge of crying all the time for no reason. It's like a soap without attractive women.
>>
Omg I love the Walking Dead!!!! Michonne and Rick together is so cute, if she dies may quit the show.
>>
>>37226544
the expanse
quarry
the knick
the americans
twin peaks
>>
>>37225723
>watching tv as a hobby
>>
>>37225723
First few seasons are /comfy/ as fuck.
After that it's like
>group is threatened by a seemingly omnipotent enemy
>side characters flame rick for getting them in the situation
>rick says something along the lines of "together we can beat him"
>character A decides to take matters into his/her own hands
>uninteresting character dies
>character A is blaming themselves saying things like "I promised I would protect her"
>character B tells them it isn't their fault
>zombies ALMOST kill character C
>groups devises plan for killing enemy
>plan fails but character D rescues them in the last second
>zombies ALMOST kill someone again
>enem gets killed
>kills uninteresting character #2 in last second
>everyone sad but also relieved
>people telling rick he should lead them
>rick says he doesn't want to
>still does after eye fucking the camera for 2 minutes straight
>move on to next villain and repeat
>>
>>37225723

I gave up at the end of season six when I learned about the CGI tiger. Decided they all just got clubbed to death by Negan, except Maggie who got a bat in the guts and she had a zombie baby that ate her from the inside out and then she became a zombie walking round with this zombie baby hanging out of her stomach, the end, no tigers.
>>
File: happy_pupper_fedora.png (479KB, 640x694px) Image search: [Google]
happy_pupper_fedora.png
479KB, 640x694px
>>37225723
the show was terrible for it's entirety.
the acting is abysmal and the plot is so forced.
EVERY single thing that happens in this show happens because people are extremely retarded and don't realize the easy solutions to these problems.
they come up with incredibly over complicated solutions to problems just to build tension

AND FOR FUCK SAKES MAKE A GROUP OF SURVIVORS HAVE PROBLEM THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE WANTING TO KEEP THE WAWKERS ALIVE FOR WHATEVER GOD DAMN REASON
>>
>>37231087
>EVERY single thing that happens in this show happens because people are extremely retarded and don't realize the easy solutions to these problems.

This is extremely true.

There are so many instances per episode that are hard for me to recall a specific one, but every other action that the characters did was one of those "Hello? Is there a serial killer hiding in the woods? I'm all alone and coming with my flashlight to investigate!" moments, except involving zombies and common sense.
>>
>>37231144
>We have to stop this massive horde of walkers
>We could like blow them up n shit
>no let's hop in cars and lead them 10 miles in the opposite direction
>I see no problems with that problem, let me go get my emo hair and crossbow
>>
zombies are so fucking stupid. i'm glad the zombie craze finally died down, it was ridiculous around the time walking dead came out. fucking zombies everywhere
>>
>>37231269

>this creature with no immune system and no care for self-preservation is supposed to be a threat that lasts longer than a few days
>>
>>37231415
their bodies fall apart, the characters can literally rip their heads off with their hands, yet im supposed to believe these falling apart rotting corpses can rip or bite through out skin?
>>
File: oyvey.png (364KB, 404x579px) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.png
364KB, 404x579px
>>37225723
All T.V and Movies are garbage. Spooky captcha.
>>
File: 1495083343441.jpg (98KB, 430x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495083343441.jpg
98KB, 430x350px
>>37225723
more like the walking normie
>>
>>37226544
Vikings, Twin Peaks, Black Meme (Mirror).
>>
>>37231269
zombies were just a metaphor for hordes of darkies. people speak a bit more openly now
>>
Awful show. Every character spends his screen time monologuing, it's just shitty writing by people who don't know how humans normally interact in conversation.
>>
>zombies can apparently see in the dark really well, have good hearing, and an heightened sense of smell
>deep sea creatures have poor vision because seeing costs a lot of energy and food rare to come by in the bottom of the sea
>>
>>37231269
It hasn't really died, and it hasn't really been a craze either. It's been a steady staple of all things fiction since Romero.

Every Call of Duty and loads of games come with a Zombie mode. You had major zombie movies from all over the world in recent years.

>>37231415
>>37231464
That's why it's better when it's a "infected" monster that isn't a zombie at all. Like 28 Days Later and The Last of Us. Even the terrible World War Z was more about "infected".

I like the slow Romero zombies as well, but they haven't done well in decades.
>>
File: 1474582990666.jpg (524KB, 655x651px) Image search: [Google]
1474582990666.jpg
524KB, 655x651px
>>37231464
One of the things that I actually think The Walking Dead did really well was the advancing decay and decreasing problem of zombies. Especially considering that everyone is already infected and becomes a zombie regardless of how they die. Zombies are less of a problem in the show compared to the sort of despots who leverage disaster and apocalypse to take control of communities and attack others.

I think that's really the problem a lot of people have with the show though, they just want the "shit hit the fan and everything's fucked" show which is a totally different one than "shit hit the fan years ago and we're trying to pick up the pieces, people are fucked" show that it is now. I mean whether you like the show now or not is totally up to you, but I think it's important to note that it's deliberately taking a different tack than a lot of other immediate-apocalypse media does by continuing the story after the immediate danger is over.

To be honest, I haven't kept up on it much this past season, too much political maneuvering and interpersonal drama. I still can't believe they killed Beth though.
>>
>>37225723
Couldn't even finish the first season. It's a glorified soap opera.
>>
File: download (6).jpg (7KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
7KB, 258x195px
EY RICK

LEMAZUSUMIN
>>
>>37225723
watched the 1st season and thought it was mediocre, none of the characters felt super real and the entire thing just had a weird feeling to it.

Iv read the first 100 issues of the comic tho and its dope
>>
>>37232085
NUT NAOO

CORAL STAY INNA HOUSE
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.