[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finally decide to spend 2000 wagiebux on computer parts and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5035.jpg (1019KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5035.jpg
1019KB, 3264x2448px
>finally decide to spend 2000 wagiebux on computer parts and build my first pc
>put everything together
>doesn't work
>check CPU
>bend the fuck out of pins by messing with it
>buy new $300 CPU
>doesn't work
>buy new $200 motherboard because what else would it be

JUST
>>
How can someone fuck up so bad at adult legos? You either have a compatibility issue which you could've checked before buying the parts, or the parts were dead in which case you should've returned them
>>
How someone can be this stupid? And of course, someone as stupid as you went for the meme led sparts.
>>
I bought a $1000 gaming PC with my NEETbux, honestly wish I got a PS4. The "PC gaming master race" meme comes from the late 90's and early 2000's when PCs were ahead of consoles. Such is not the case today. At least my computer works though.
>>
>>37224286
def not a compatibility issue, I have to wait till the mobo arrives to see if that was the problem. I'm almost certain either that or the PSU was fucked from the start
>>
>>37224351
>meme LED parts
>in a black case
They look like shit even in a clear case, the fact that he dropped money on them and will never see them is baffling.
>>
>>37224351
I don't give a shit about how it looks, and most parts seem to have LEDs these days
>>
>>37224242

Is it powered properly?

Post your parts.
>>
I get computer loans from work so I just buy a new gaming laptop from random meme companys every year.
>>
isn't the point of building a computer to get a nice computer but for cheap? if you spent that much you could've just bought a good one... and probably for cheaper
>>
>>37224242
should've just bought ur slef a ps4 only true patricians know how to put a computer together
>>
You can take those to a Fry's or Microcenter to diagnose for a small fee. That would save you a lot of time.
>>
File: never ever 789078908789089.png (565KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
never ever 789078908789089.png
565KB, 600x610px
>>37224242
>he fell for the pc meme
dumbass
>>
>>37224242
>Mixing LEDs
That's a dangerous game you're playing Anon. I lost some family to that.
>>
>pins

Do CPU's even have pins these days? I thought that shit got cut out fucking years ago
>>
Did you do any troubleshooting at all?

Like when I installed my new motherboard I needed to reset the CMOS for it to boot. There are jumper pins with a plastic cap either already on it and you need to change the placement or need to put it on.

If it isn't booting you need to recheck PSU connections. Also when you buy a new PC its a good idea to put in the CPU and ram outside the case and plug in the PSU to check it will post.
>>
>>37224875
Amd uses pins on the chip, Intel uses pins on the motherboard
>>
>>37224884
>>37224242
To add OP, you're asking for trouble building on carpet. I've done it a couple times and it was the only reason I've fried my first component, a mobo
>>
>>37224762
>I'm posting this from my PS4
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.