[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kanye is More Relevant Than Shakespeare

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3039.png (594KB, 864x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3039.png
594KB, 864x670px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhx1CPY2xs

Thoughts on this /r9k/?
>>
why the fuck would some famous faggot who revolutionized his artform over a century ago be more relevant than a famous faggot who is revolutionizing his artform today?
>>
huuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffff duuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrfffffff
>>
>>37219910
That's not the point.......it's not....
>>
>Kanye's prose is more relevant than Shakespeare's
>prose
lol
>>
how can one man be simultaneously so normie yet anti-normie as Kanye
>>
>>37220128
probaly actual autism
>>
File: 1492553808756.jpg (7KB, 151x146px) Image search: [Google]
1492553808756.jpg
7KB, 151x146px
>>37219910
>revolutionizing his artform today
>>
I'm not going to bother loading the video, but Kanye simply doesn't have the mental depth to write anything along the lines of Shakespeare. Does he even write his own shit? I'm not that familiar with him, but I watched one of his 'self directed' music videos and it was just complete pretentious nonsense.

So much of Shakespeare is dense with actual information and meaning, and it expresses ideas that are at least valid today as intellectual speculation.

Depth of meaning is always going to be more 'relevant', even if it's socially and historically disconnected by a thousand years.
>>
>>37219865
Why do things like this trigger you faggots so much? How autistic can you people get?

This shouldn't surprise anybody. We live in 2017. Are we just going to glorify these old long dead greats for an eternity just because some people think we should? Shakespeare has long been dead. It shouldn't surprise anybody that Kanye West is more influential on the youth in the year 2017.

Nigger or not these are the facts. Not saying I like it here it just is what it is. In a way it probably should be seen as a good thing that the world is at least trying to move forward even if Kanye is a nigger with shitty music.
>>
Well, it's true. Kanye IS more relevant than Shakespeare. Popular culture consumed today is going to be more relevant to today than popular culture consumed in 1599 merely by virtue of its recency.

Furthermore, it wasn't until well after Shakespeare's death that his work was seen as highbrow and sophisticated, something to be enjoyed by well-dressed ladies and gentlemen quietly sitting in a theater. In Shakespeare's time, actors played to the commoners. Audience members in the pit would yell commentary at the actors. The actors, in character, would yell back. Actors weren't high born, respected professionals. They were lowly, frowned upon travelers, equivalent to modern carnie folk. Think about the plays themselves. Sex and violence, what the well-to-do of the era would call smut. Everyone was getting stabbed, stepping to rivals, holding down their turf, and stealing yo' bitch. Shakespeare's shows would've had more the energy and feel of a gangster rap concert than a present day production of one of his plays.
>>
>>37220275
You're a moron.
See>>37219964
>>
>>37220456
So what is the point then? More importantly here, does that point truly matter?
>>
>>37220497
The video has that answer.
>>
>>37220502
I'm not watching that shit for 10 minutes. Summarize, I don't care to watch some shit video. I have already said my part.
>>
I hate my country. Seriously, just fucking end it all. I pray Russia will just drop a nuclear bomb on us and end it all.

The UK is the worst country on planet Earth. We English are lazy, stupid, anti-intellectual, ugly, class-ridden, fat, arrogant, hyper-sensitive, and fucking over. We conquered a quarter of the planet, lost it all and became a basket case of country all in one century. This debate just shows that the culmination of all that was good in Britain is finally dead.

JDIMSA.
>>
>>37219865
who cares. shakespeare is gay anyway
>>
I feel bad for the generations of schoolboys who had to sit through and read line after line of shakespear. The students who have to preform the plays have it bad as well. At least they dont have to read out line after line of kanyay west, fucks sake that would be torture.
>>
>>37220552
>he hates england
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GvkyKEYRnM
>>
>>37220552
If you could've lived in any period and place in the empire, what would it be? For me, be born in 1790 to some merchant class family (rich enough to have it good, no titles or lordships to kill ambition or foster arrogance). Become an officer in the army. Go to India, go native, and marry a local christian girl (communication being what it is, my parents back in Portsmouth don't find out until our first child is 2. They'll get over it). Spend my middle age eradicating Thuggee cult members to the benefit of India. Retire and work as a guide for rich men hunting tigers and shit in the bush. Live just long enough to see modern marvels like telegraphy, railways, and modern artillery revolutionize the Empire.
>>
>>37219910
Revolutionized?
Recycled is more like it.
"Sampling" and auto-tuning doesn't make you a revolutionary.
It makes you just like every other douche out there.
I would guess most people that like him are just proud that he is nailing the hobbit.
Even THAT isn't original - plenty of people nailed the hobbit before he did.
>>
>>37220777
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBAtAM7vtgc
Every line in this song is art, just because you can't see it doesn't make it not true
>>
>>37220777

Try studying the IB circa 2002, when we have to read a variety of feminist literature, including Sylvia Plath and Isabel Allende.
>>
>>37220275
Kids liking something is not what makes something last. In 100 years, no one will no will remember him. Lucille Ball will remain culturally relevant longer...
>>
Why do so many middle class white people love hip hop?
>>
>>37220820
>the hobbit
You have to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>it's a 'r9k pretends to be full of intellectuals episode'
Stick to discussing piss bottles and how stinky you smell, ok kids?
>>
>>37220870
In the case of Kanye's music (himself a middle class guy to begin with) and people like Kendrick it might just be because its good.
But if you were trying to interpret an agenda you could say it's because of white-guilt and a desire to seem interesting.
>>
>>37220870
Kanye West is a mastermind of the genre desu
>>
>>37219865
Not even going to watch the video but I already know this guy is covering his own lazy ass with this shit.
>>
>>37220883
I'm 119. I have seen flash in the pan pussies like gay fish come and go before your parents were even born.
>>
>>37220923
LaY American. Typical.
>>
>>37220870
Hip hop has just been really good this century desu. I know people here like to shitpost about how it's all nig nogs rapping about women/weed/money (as if white people music was much better on average), but some really good shit has come out in the past 15 years if you're willing to give it a shot.

My three main genres are psych rock/hip hop/unabashedly cheesy top 40s pop, and boy do we live in le right generation for that right now.
>>
>>37220552
>We English
Nice try Fritz.
>>
>>37219910
How the fuck is he revolucionary at all? He sounds exactly like all the other garbage they put on the radio
>>
>>37219865
this triggers the fedora
>>
>>37222431
kek, everything else on the radio sounds like him because he basically single-handedly changed the game. don't talk about things when you don't know anything, just makes you look dumb m8
>>
>if i just fucked this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shit i'mma feel like an asshole
damn...
>>
>>37222455
Oh, so he revolutionized shit into nu-shit? That's fantastic.
>>
>>37222472
I don't want to sound like
>LMAO IT'S BAD ON PURPOSE
But the line seems constructed to represent the monotony of the superstar lifestyle.
The opening song establishes the theme of the album that Kanye wants "liberation" that he seeks in hedonistic pleasure but can only find in god.
>>
>>37219865

Never did understand all the succ-of-dicc for kanye.

He's really not talented enough to warrant his self-importance. Or whatever genius people attribute to him.
>>
>>37222533
Go listen to MBDTF with an open mind and come back here anon. I know it's fun to be an edgelord on the internet, but there's a lot of cool """degenerate""" stuff out there
>>
>>37222455

>everything else on the radio sounds like him because he basically single-handedly changed the game

Well now I hate him even more.

Do you honestly believe music has taken a step in the right direction?
>>
File: 1418768016277.jpg (14KB, 180x278px) Image search: [Google]
1418768016277.jpg
14KB, 180x278px
>>37222578
>just be open minded bro haha stop being such an edgelord bro this utter hack is actually cool dude i swear
Fuck off retard. I don't care about your guilty pleasures but don't try to pretend they're good.
>>
>>37222621
yeah absolutely, we're living in a golden age right now. if you ever manage to procreate, your kids will complain about not living in the 2010s.

and you know the best part, if you don't like the current music, you can still listen to the old stuff!
>>
>>37222661
>kanye
>utter hack
lel, even if you don't like his music, calling him a hack just shows you don't know what you're talking about. his production and ability to set up collabs is incredible. please enligthen me with your idea of """good music""". I'm guessing nothing from the last 10 years is good in your eyes?
>>
>>37223273

>We're living in a golden age.

No arguments there, but that certaintly doesn't extend to kanye.

That's an awful lot of speculation you got goin on there, bud. Kanye will go down as a bit of a joke, to be honest. Temper tantrums and huge commercial flops? that's golden alright.
>>
>>37223364
yeah he's got a cunty personality, I wouldn't deny that, but so do plenty of other """rockstars""" that people remember fondly (wrong word but you know what I mean). I still think he'll go down as a game-changer, even if he kinda went off the deep-end in the last few years.
>>
>>37223406

>but so do plenty of other """rockstars"""

This is true. Any celebrity for that matter.

ah well! agree to disagree!

perhaps we'll meet again and argue this in thirty years or so.
>>
File: 639860.jpg (37KB, 297x322px) Image search: [Google]
639860.jpg
37KB, 297x322px
>>37220552
You're 100% right you disgusting, greedy teanigger. If you fucking faggots didn't stick your noses where they didn't belong in 1914, we would never have been in this fucking mess.
>>
File: 1492798388305.jpg (76KB, 693x490px) Image search: [Google]
1492798388305.jpg
76KB, 693x490px
>>37219865
>part 1 of 8
I can't believe anybody cares that much about the issue.
>>
>>37219865
I'm more triggered by his terrible debate skills than anything. Reading off the paper?
>oxford daigaku
>>
>>37220820
>Revolutionized?
>Recycled is more like it.

Exactly like Shakespeare...

>>37220859
>Lucille Ball

Who?
>>
>>37223463
no don't be reasonable, now I can't tell you to kys. and yeah, only time will tell, if society even exists in 30 years
>>
>>37219865
I quite like Kanye but how many words do we use today that he invented?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.