[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else trying to be /selfsustaining/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 111280.jpg (1008KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
111280.jpg
1008KB, 1280x850px
>got lots of vegetables growing in my greenhouse and inside
>berry bushes that I harvest during late summer to make juice and jam
>gather mushrooms and wild berries during fall
>go fishing whenever I feel like it
>gonna build another greenhouse and a chicken coop later this summer
>planning on getting a fat comfy pig that I can eat once he gets too old
>recycle my cardboard and free newspaper to make fire logs
>get free firewood from my landlord if I chop it myself and share some with him
>still pay for electricity, internet and other supplies I cannot provide for myself but very rarely buy food

share tips with other self sustaining neets
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>37219715
This is a good list. Have you considered using solar panels? Also, how do you get water? THIS is also an underrated thread. by the way.
>>
>>37219715
how do you get money?
where do you live?
i would do it but my city is shitty
i ony have fruit trees but cant have pets or animals also im a neet so i can't pay for anything
>>
>>37219715
I'm pretty sure you can't eat animals past a certain age. You've got to slaughter it young or not at all
>>
how do you pay rent to your landlord if you are unemployed and self sustaining?
>>
>>37219940
>Have you considered using solar panels?
I have thought about it but never looked into it

>Also, how do you get water?
From the tap, I believe the water bill is the same as the electricity bill but it's barely anything. If not I have lots of access to spring water
>>
>>37220049
>how do you get money?
NEET because I'm sperg and have injuries from being a former wagecuck

>where do you live?
Norway

>>37220076
>I'm pretty sure you can't eat animals past a certain age. You've got to slaughter it young or not at all
oh shit, maybe. I'll look into it

>>37220078
>how do you pay rent to your landlord if you are unemployed and self sustaining?
neetbux
>>
File: 1445736496485.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1445736496485.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>tfw live in a city
>tfw deep down always wanted to be a farmer
FUCKKK
>>
>>37220129
fair enough, it isn't really self sustaining if you are sustained by the society's welfare system. Not saying it's bad, but it is mislabeled.
>>
>>37220137
I was born into a farming family, grandpa and grandma had a farm
however since my mom moved so much I never stayed in one place and never got to experience the farming life. grandpa was a grumpy old fart anyway
Now he's too old to work so my oldest cousin has taken over since he lived on that farm his entire life, most of the work is automated nowadays anyway
>>
>>37219715
>landlord
Yeah you should probably buy your only land as soon as possible, even if it's just a few acres.
>>
>>37220164
>it isn't really self sustaining if you are sustained by the society's welfare system
you're right, but I said "trying" to self sustain. Maybe one day I will
>>
Do you mine diamonds?
Send server ip
>>
>>37220129
If you're a norwegie I don't think solar is all that great. I live in Mississippi and didn't like solar after running the numbers.

I'd recomment homebrew. For whatever reason yuros seem to have better access to plastic shit than americans. I like stainless as much as the next burger but plastic just has that cool space age aesthetic. Get a polypropylene container and slap a water heating element or two in it and do brew in a bag. I was recently reading about the weird yeast used in Norway and will be ordering some to play with soon. You might get lucky and find an old timer who could share his yeast encrusted sticks with you for legit viking beer. Just use the yeast though because I'm sure real viking beer tastes like shit.

I don't have a green house but I make little hoops and wrap in LDPE so I can keep growing my kale and broccoli through the winter. It doesn't snow much here. Venison is some of the best eating you can git, you should try killing an elk/reindeer/moose/whatever kind of tree dogs you have over there.
>>
>>37219715
I'm self sustaining because I have a job. NEETS BTFO
>>
File: 1492546783742.png (224KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1492546783742.png
224KB, 409x409px
>>37220605
>wage labor
>self sustaining
>>
File: Maslows hiearchy of neets.png (411KB, 1027x991px) Image search: [Google]
Maslows hiearchy of neets.png
411KB, 1027x991px
>>37220605
Money doesn't taste very good or provide many calories. You are a slave, and not even financially independent like most neets are. Pathetic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.