[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1018.jpg (70KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1018.jpg
70KB, 500x334px
The decline of the West is rooted in the decline in religion.

Christianity kept women focussed on finding one man to have for the rest of her life; she couldn't rise the cock carousel.

I'm considering becoming a catholic. The pews are filled with women and devout Christian girls are often without men; so an average guy can basically clean up if he's also devout.

A church is a great way to meet people, have non-normie conservative friends and a support network that isn't your real family.
>>
Do I believe in God? Nobody knows what lies beyond the afterlife or if there is a god. We humans don't have enough knowledge to comprehend anything like that.

All I know is the fedora-faggotry of my teenage years got me nowhere and the fedora atheism has ruined the West.

Since nobody knows if God is real just put faith in a doctrine that makes sense and provides beauty, structure and community.
>>
>>37218420
How dare you fake being religious just to get a personal catholic pussy for life?

Nothing is sacred these days. People like you who use things like ideology or religions as a fashion statement or virtue signaling to get what you want from the opposite sex is one of the biggest symptoms of a society that is fucked up and culturally cannibalizing itself until its death.
>>
How do I find a qt trad catholic girl who just wants to go to Latin mass, be a housewife and have 5 kids with me.
>>
>>37218478
>How dare you fake being religious just to get a personal catholic pussy for life?

Nobody knows if God is real dude. Probably not to be honest. Religion is just a set of metaphors. Better that fedoraism but that is all.

Also pious virgin catholic pussy is da bomb!
>>
>>37218478
Are you Christian? Which denomination?
>>
Which branch is more true to the teachings of Christ: Catholic Church or Eastern Orthodox Church?
>>
>>37218528
I'm atheist. In a way I wish I was genuinely religious, it would probably be good for my mental health, but I'm unable.

I think faking religion in order to extract social benefits is one of the lowest things one can do though. It's pretending to see the world in the same way as others in order to gain their trust and amicability for one's own benefit. If I was a deity, I would also judge this as a much lower act than simply not being religious.
>>
>>37218682
>I think faking religion in order to extract social benefits is one of the lowest things one can do though.

To be honest I suspect this describes a large number of people in the pews in Church.

I don't think a lot of people in the first world really believe that there was a man called Jesus who is the incarnation of God; word made flesh.

I think a lot of people just go along with it for the reasons described.
>>
>>37218420
Not religious but I agree with this

While I can't get over the concept of a good and all the supernatural things that happen in the Bible, it provides a strong sense of morals and ideas that made the west what it is. The lack of those morals is why slut culture and such is so prevalent in the west
>>
>The decline of the West is rooted in the decline in religion.
Correlation does not imply causation.
>Christianity kept women focussed on finding one man to have for the rest of her life; she couldn't rise the cock carousel.
Wrong.
Men kept their women under control. No Christianity needed. Christianity will not make a man out of you.
>A church is a great way to meet people
The decline of religion is rooted in this way of thinking.
Church is not a club.

You will not make a good Christian or a good husband.
>>
>>37218880
>Correlation does not imply causation.
True but in this case it is causation. Sexual revolution was made possible by the increasing secularisation.

>men kept their women under control
Yes but men kept their women under control because the church told them to; conservative social mores come from religion.
>church is not a club
No but it basically functions as that in modern times.
>you will not make a good Christian
Never intended to be. Let's be honest, i don't think most Church attending Christians really believe the things they say they believe. Even most Catholics in my country admit to not believing the doctrine of transubstantiation and using birth control. They don't believe it.

For most, church is a cultural and social bedrock. Few people actually believe the word of God. If they did they'd go crazy.
>>
>>37218880
Are you Christian?

Origianlcommentato
>>
OP is faggot. Nordic Paganism is the true religion. Hail Varg!
>>
File: Yuna-Kim-veil.jpg (25KB, 281x400px) Image search: [Google]
Yuna-Kim-veil.jpg
25KB, 281x400px
>>37218420
Go through the process with sincerity. It takes 6 months to a year or regular training
>>37218483
Go to a Latin Mass church>>37218500
>Nobody knows if God is real dude
Of course God exists! Any rational, honest person can deduce that logically.
>>
>>37218420
When Nietzsche said "God is Dead", it wasn't in some triumphant manner of man realising the falsehood of divinity. Rather, he could forsee that upon the removal of the structure that upheld Western morality and the quest for truth, there would be nothing left to keep it afloat.

You can see this throughout the 20th century continuing today where we are in a constant cycle between nihilism (Portrayed well on /r9k/) and ideology (Fascism, Communism, and SJWs). Nietzsche thought the solution was perpendicular to both nihilism and ideology with the idea of becoming an Overman.

I partly agree with him in that we, as humans, still need an ideal to constantly strive towards whether it is embodied in Jesus and the church or whatever you set your mind to. It is utterly necessary in order to make the suffering of life bearable.
>>
>>37218420
Nice Reddit

Spacing

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>37218420
>>37218787
>>37218999
>religion is so great im going to honour it by undermining its very essence by blatantly manipulating it and not believing a single one of its doctrines
>im also going to abuse the goodwill of these people i supposedly admire and rationalize it by saying they're doing the same thing
This is why I can't take young religious people seriously especially the men. They all come across as slimy two faced snakes now.
>>
>>37218420
Tried for 8 years, doesn't work anon. They have an even greater sense of entitlement because they have been told their whole lives about how special they are for following Christ and how they need a man that can take care of them and treat them like the "princess" they are.
>>
>>37218420
>The decline of the West

lmao. Keep walking /pol/cuck
>>
>>37218420
>support network that isn't your real family
You're doing religion wrong.

also >>37218478
May God guide us all to a straight path.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.