[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think time travel is possible?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 91f.jpg (27KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
91f.jpg
27KB, 550x366px
do you think time travel is possible?
>>
>>37212830
theyd be here already you stupid 'know your meme' browsing faggot
>>
Nope. Impossible. Every single atom in the universe would have to revert back to its original position at a given time which would require an infinite amount of power.
>>
>>37212830
Easy, I've already looked into it for myself.
>>
>>37212830
Yes, hut only forwards.

I just teleported here from 2007.

What am I in for?
>>
why arent well all dead if it is real
>>
Anything time travel related has already happened and already will happen. You cant change the course of the past present or future because you've already determined your entire life through your future time travels.
>>
>>37213019
>time travel works like these fictional stories say so
So 12 monkeys is correct but Terminator is wrong because reasons
>>
>>37212830
Yes, but harnessing the energy to do so is next to impossible.
>>
>>37212830
It's possible to travel in time forwards via waiting or going really fucking fast, backwards is impossible due to the energy required.
>>
anything is possible my nigger originally
>>
File: tumblr_mibxcnxaVK1rl8zxno1_500.gif (123KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mibxcnxaVK1rl8zxno1_500.gif
123KB, 500x700px
Yeah, ever seen planet of the apes? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation#Space_flight

If time is both objective and relative, then could we send someone into space, have them return to earth in the future and then communicate with us in the present?

inb4 future astronaut replies
>>
>>37213105
>then could we send someone into space, have them return to earth in the future
yes
>and then communicate with us in the present?
no
>>
>>37212878
it would require a ridiculous amount, but still a finite one.
Infinity is a really, really strong concept, don't use it so easily.
>>
>>37213105
No, because information can't propagate quickly enough.
>>
>>37212878
You haven't thought about it much have you? Time travel works in a multiverse theory because it can splinter that timeline and create another part of the multiverse slightly different from the rest, the act of time travel could of just created a new one while the butterfly effect from chaos theory could change any factor just a little bit to make it a distinct universe of it's own.
>>
>>37214343
i love how you're just thowing buzzwords around as if you knew what they meant
>>
File: 10451942.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
10451942.png
5KB, 205x246px
I tried to start a time travel general but it never got any traction and naysaying fags shit all over me. All it takes is one of the really autistic anons reading the words I am typing to get inspired and develop technology in the future, coming back in time, to this very moment May 23, 2017 9:19 UTC and giving himself/us the information to make it all work, thus completing the loop and assuring time travel is developed. We could all have better lives if we just think hard and autistically enough.
>>
>>37214343
Have you heard the Eternal Return theory. It's really curious stuff.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.