[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else here feel really distant from reality? Like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

Does anyone else here feel really distant from reality? Like they're just phasing through life?
>>
We're already nearly halfway through the year. Yesterday was halfway last year, I still remember it so vividly. There is no rest and no hope. None of this is real. What the fuck is going on
>>
Ya, I've been paranoid over this around a month now. The feeling of being an alien observer to ones thoughts but simultaneously experiencing them. Not like a physical depersonalization but a mental one.
>>
So I'm not the only one.

I don't even see myself as part of reality, and I feel my mind exploding trying to comprehend that I'm within it instead of watching it. When someone asks me to tell them about myself, it's not that I'm shy, I just come up empty
>>
The disconnect is accelerating
We'll be reaching social upheaval levels soon
>>
>>37211566
John Stuart mill and the question he asked himself, imploded.
it occurred to me to put the question directly to myself: Suppose that all your objects in life were realized; that all the changes in institutions and opinions which you are looking forward to, could be completely effected at this very instant: would this be a great joy and happiness to you? And an irrepressible self-consciousness distinctly answered, No! At this my heart sank within me: the whole foundation on which my life was constructed fell down. All my happiness was to have been found in the continual pursuit of this end. The end had ceased to charm, and how could there ever again be any interest in the means? I seemed to have nothing left to live for.

A grief without a pang, void, dark and drear, A drowsy, stifled, unimpassioned grief, Which finds no natural outlet or relief In word, or sigh, or tear.
In vain I sought relief from my favourite books; those memorials of past nobleness and greatness from which I had always hitherto drawn strength and animation. I read them now without feeling, or with the accustomed feeling minus all its charm; and I became persuaded, that my love of mankind, and of excellence for its own sake, had worn itself out

John Stuart Mill
>>
>>37211705
>The disconnect is accelerating
>We'll be reaching social upheaval levels soon

What did Anon mean by this?
>>
>>37211838
beta uprising soon

nah but for real, we're entering a new age of technology and globalization and there's a very real threat that many people like OP will be left obsolete and unfulfilled
>>
Ever since I was a kid. I've always felt like the video games and computer and tv and stuff were real and everything else is what's fake.
>>
File: 1478582197700.gif (618KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
1478582197700.gif
618KB, 800x534px
There seems to be so much going on due to how fast information spreads that the chaos is almost normal. You can't go far beyond that when every day the news cycle churns out more stories, people post more things online, etc.
It makes life feel more like a drama than a simple list of events, disillusioning me.
I can barely remember what I did the other day, hell earlier today even. For me there's only the present at this point, with the past being an instinct and worries of the future forgotten.
>>37211613
don't remind me its late May already, damn it. I want off this ride
>>37211887
IKTFB, vidya is relatively contained, but a lot of media and real life has revolved around politics as of late.
>>
>>37212252
I try to avoid politicized media. It just depresses me. I'd rather just play old FPS games while I listen to shows about manufacturing or blacksmithing or whatever.
>>
>>37212252
>the past being an instinct and worries of the future forgotten
This sounds nice, how do
my past is regrets and my future is future regrets
>>
I'm nearly ready for the uprising lads
>>
>>37211566
Yes. My reality consist of going to the groceries to buy food. That's it. Going out feels like a little break or inconvenience before I can sink back into my games
>>
>>37211566
Oh god yes

I feel like I died about 3 years ago

Or like my entire life was a movie or TV show that ended 3 years ago. And each morning I wake up saying "Why am I still here? The story has been over for forever."
>>
File: 1495505024944.png (301KB, 565x397px) Image search: [Google]
1495505024944.png
301KB, 565x397px
>>37212271
I have a lot of regrets too, but I realize that it's already happened so you just have to adapt. I treat the past as instructions to survive in the present, shelving the future away because "Future me will figure that out".
Only as I do something urgent do I get worried or angry.
>>37212353
>Why am I still here? The story has been over for forever.
That got me more than posts here normally do. Well done
>>
File: 1495237465071.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495237465071.gif
2MB, 356x200px
It sometimes feels like I'm actually watching a POV of a TV show or something. That feeling is strong especially when I'm sad or the rare happy moments.

I'm afraid of talking about it irl.
>>
Just wait until you get full psychosis.
>>
>>37212494
Pls no I don't trust those doctors.
>>
>>37211566
I'm really starting to think that free will as many like to think about it is an illusion. The way I see it, the apparent lack of free will could very well be the cause for a lot of the discomfort and weirdness related to the topic of this thread, for both me and other posters.

If we really aren't as in control as we think, that might explain some of the cloudiness about the past and future, as well as our unconscious and apparent movement towards the future. It is at least partially based on the fact that our actions that we make every day aren't actually dictated by us (maybe).
>>
>>37212547
Free will don't real, every event is influenced by a previous one.
>>
>>37212512
Of course you won't go to a doctor because you start believing more and more conspiracies. You eventually think you are God and have the power to bring things into existence through will power alone. It starts small with wish a a song would come on the radio or a show on tv and it does. Then you start thinking about wanting a band to get back together or a fad to return and it does.
>>
>>37211613
I still remember new years like it was yesterday. Drinking a pint of rum to myself and contemplating shooting myself. Damn, time does by fast.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.