[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

psychology of a child

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1388999632725.png (9KB, 405x344px) Image search: [Google]
1388999632725.png
9KB, 405x344px
i am in my 20s and i still look at "grown ups" as some separate race of authority figures, i realize in dealing with service industry "grown ups" some of them are even younger then me. how do i cure this? it's a weird inferiority complex i can't shake. i feel like a dependent little kid in need of permission at all times.
>>
>>37208778
I felt that until I was 21. Moving out of your parents house could help. But honestly getting a gf and losing virginity is the only cure, and I'm being serious. That's what's missing
>>
>>37208778
get a job, make money and get a girlfriend

how tall are you?
>>
>>37208778
I feel similarly. I have a lot more in common with teenagers than other people in their mid-twenties. I feel so much less capable.
>>
>>37208820
>>37208829
i have a job and i have been living on my own for some time but yes i am a virgin.
>>
>>37208820
>get gf
>still play with yoyos
>still play videogames
>still do stupid puns
I just gave up, I'll be a boy forever. I told gf and she said as long as I do something with my life it's fine.
>>
It's called being on the spectrum.

If you're able to function in society/work a job, but you feel this way, you could just have autism spectrum disorder, but you have a normal/high IQ.
>>
>>37208866
that's not being a child, that's being an insufferable redditor.
>>
>>37208889
the difference is that now I don't really care because it will show anyway
>>
>>37208878
How is this autistic behavior?
>>
congrats you figured that out some people I think never do. just get some self esteem and get things done on your own. you're probably reasonably intelligent so whatever it is do it the best way you know how it will probably be fine. you learn from mistakes so that's fine too.

Self-esteem is the disposition to experience oneself as being competent to cope with the basic challenges of life and of being worthy of happiness. It is confidence in the efficacy of our mind, in our ability to think. By extension, it is confidence in our ability to learn, make appropriate choices and decisions, and respond effectively to change. It is also the experience that success, achievement, fulfillment - happiness - are right and natural for us. The survival-value of such confidence is obvious; so is the danger when it is missing.
>>
walking a "grown-up" through basic logic really breaks the spell

>casually studying finance
>working a shitty warehouse job
>ask boss how he manages employee turnover, COGS, inventory turnover, profit margins, and smoothing earnings
>blankly stares at me, and says all he's worried about is if there is profit, and when accidents and shit break he gets mad b/c it cuts into the profit figure.
>mfw a guy successfully running a business for 10 years doesn't know how to capitalize expenses, why employee turnover is bad, or what Porters 5 forces model is.
>>
>>37208778

im 22 and my age-perception is transitioning from child to adult, as you describe. bear in mind that your brain doesn't stop developing until you're 26, so in some sense you really are still a juvenile until your later-20s
>>
>>37209407

not everybody running a business is pedantic and invests heavily in the academic formalisms of business. some people understand that stuff on an intuitive level and make it work, especially in something not-complex like distribution
>>
>>37208778
People with no childhood tend to act like this, an unfulfilled childhood, or maybe abusive parents. Please, check out reactive attachment disorder. I still talk like a child, act like one, everything I do, it feels natural. I was neglected, I had to act like an adult for my entire youth, and now I have freedom I find it difficult to act like an adult.
>>
I'm 20 years old, I'm working, have one more class in community college to get my associates degree, and I start engineering school in the fall. I'll be moving out into a nice apartment that I'm using financial aid to pay for, and soon I'll have my own car maybe in like a month or two. I had sex for the first time like a month before I turned 20, and have been low key and have nearly zero friends. I have to say, losing my virginity made me look at things a lot differently, I walk different, I talk with a stronger tone, and I feel like I understand women a bit more then back when I was a virgin. And when it comes to friends, yeah it sucks that I don't go out as much as other people do, but i kinda got over that, I'm okay with hanging out with people only a few times a year, but I know that'll soon be changing when I move out of my families house and into my own apartment with my roommate.

You live through experiences you pick and choose, each experience, on a certain level, makes you more grown up as you go through life. I can only imagine what I'll be like when I'm 22 and I'm done with college, shit will be a lot different and I'll probably have an entire new network of people I associate with, or I may not. It all depends on my choices. Life is real interesting man, never settle for less and keep aiming for those experiences you really desire, they will change you.
>>
>>37209642
rare inspiring post on /r9k/ without being basic normie shit
>>
>>37209407
You really like the movie "Good Will Hunting," don't you? See, Matt Damon has great genetics, and that's the only reason why everyone doesn't think he's a tool.
>>
>>37209673
that absolutely is basic normie shit
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>37209642
how to get sex I can barely approach women
>>
>>37209407
All that shit is buzzwords and filler they teach in business school. You dont need to know any of it in the real world
>>
>>37208778
Move to a different country for 2 years. I'm serious.
You actually have to figure out how to pay residence taxes and get medical care because you are fucked otherwise. You won't be afried to ask permission after that.
>>
>>37209827
This
And all that stuff is managed by the tax accountant in a private business.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.