[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who even enjoys speedruns?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: FatKnight.jpg (41KB, 650x385px) Image search: [Google]
FatKnight.jpg
41KB, 650x385px
Seriously, can someone please explain to me why the fuck people watch "speedrun" streams or crap like that? I tuned in to watch a Dark Souls 3 speedrun thinking it would be someone who is actually good at the game quickly beating all the bosses with a solid build or something, but it's basically glitching the game to arrive at the last boss after killing like 3 out of 20 bosses and skipping most areas. It just seems retarded to consider using an obscure glitch part of a "speedrun" for anything. Every time I see a video or some shit advertising itself as a speedrun its just glitch crap. Boring.
>>
>>37203559
Yeah, I agree. The only speedruns I enjoy are games like Super Meat Boy or Necrodancer.
Dark Souls speedruns are garbage, nobody can play the game seriously and without using those stupid glitches.
>>
>>37203559
If it's a game I played, I'll probably enjoy a speedrun of it. I won't watch twitch streams though. I'm not a fan of level skips or out of bounds stuff though. I most enjoy seeing the intended route beaten as fast as possible.
>>
>>37203559
only games worth speedrunning are platformers, metroidvanias and stuff

modern games aren't worth speedrunning.

and it's very fun watching megaman speedruns, even better if it's a speedrun race
>>
>>37203559
There are different kinds lf speedruns. The two most popular are any% and 100% speed runs.
What you just watched was an any% speedrun where they go from start of the game to credits as fast as possible using whatever means necessary.
100% speed runs is where they go through all the content of the game. The title should also have glitchless if you want to see a clean run. You would probably enjoy watching 100% gltchless more.
>>
>>37203559
So, how long were u banned on their twitch?
>>
>>37203559
I like the ones that exploit silly glitches and explain why they happen, but it's the technical aspect of it that I like.
>>
Its fun to watch how people break the games, not necessarily to see whos "SUPER DA BEST" at the game.
>>
>>37204734
This nigga gets it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swWFufhfvi4
this is a really chill playthrough where the guy goes everywhere just to prove that you can, it's very fun
>>
it wouldn't make a difference because the meticulous requirements for those glitch feats would be even easier if it's just did it the rote way. Also the definition of a glitch is vague, like can exploiting animation cancels be considered glitch?
>>
>>37204841
I think glitch and exploits are different categories.
>>
>>37203559
you could look for glitchless runs
personally I only watch 100% glitchless vids
>>
>>37203559
Because people like things that you don't like. I like longer speedruns like 100% majora's mask because the huge amount of planning that goes into routing it. I find that kind of stuff extremely interesting. Pannenkoek is great for this kind of stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpk2tdsPh0A
>>
>>37205063
I personally enjoy speedrun races, specially Metroid and megaman ones. I think there's other games that have potential for speedrun races
>>
>>37203559
i think speedrunners are pretty shitty too

>dude ive been playing this game nonstop for years just so i can shave off a second of my finishing time off lmao
>>
File: 1316540403112.png (523KB, 432x677px)
1316540403112.png
523KB, 432x677px
>>37205063
My man, I've been looking for more Pannenkoek style videos. Can you hit me up?
>>
>>37204684
>>37204684
When you put it like that I guess it can make some sense, still really ruffles my feathers when people think they're hot shit for glitching their way to some sort of "world record" speedrun.
>>
>>37205263
Well it's interesting with things like glitching your way into the Ganon final fight in OoT, but definitely not the huge deal they make it out to be
>>
>>37203559
i speedrun metaknightmare mode in kirby games, don't know why but it's the only thing i can speedrun, i have some pretty good runs.
>>
I never judge others hobbies as i am a neet who does nothing all day but it must be an empty life to play a game 10 hours a day for months just so you can beat it realy fast
>>
>>37205263
some glitches can be pretty hard to pull off and for a perfect speedrun you can't afford making mistakes
>>
>>37205263
the glitches are harder than playing it normally 99% of the time. It's all about speed.
faggot
>>
>>37203559
You can always choose a glitchless run to watch
Also speed running is a really good time sink been doing it for 3 years now and i always have something to do with the games I'm learning
>>
getting your ego stroked by vidya normally just doesn't cut it anymore

I can't get it up if i'm not out of bounds.
>>
>>37205263
A lot of the best glitches are frame perfect, and it says in the name "speedrun", not just "glitched run", so getting them all right the first time is paramount and extremely difficult.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.