[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does God exist, robots? :(

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7482.png (2MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7482.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
Does God exist, robots? :(
>>
>>37201292
If he does, he has a hell of a sense of humour.
>>
File: 1460668374393.jpg (288KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1460668374393.jpg
288KB, 1366x768px
>>37201292
Not in the sense that most Christcucks, Mudslimes, and Jooz think.
>>
the trendy meme answer is no

but the for real answer is yes
>>
Yes He does

The bad things that happen here are to teach us lessons, many of them set by none other than us.

And also, the bad things that happen here are simply nothing. Sure, while we're here it seems like the worst of the worst of the worst, but then we die and we realize "oh, I was sad/angry about that? Hahaha"
>>
How could I possibly believe in a god that allows existence to be like this. Besides the appeal to emotion right there it seems like fact that the universe did not need a creator, that life did not need any sort of jump start, and that what we know as consciousness or the mind or what have you is most likely yet another adaptation that just so happened to put us on top.
>>
File: 1458533706795.jpg (530KB, 2548x1214px) Image search: [Google]
1458533706795.jpg
530KB, 2548x1214px
If you're leading a robot tier depressed life, it's just a karma refining phase in your "life". The one thing God really doesn't want you to do is straight up kys.

If you had the attention span to read something you could take a "pill" besides blue. They all kinda point in the same direction, ie. God is real dude
>>
>>37201501
Pretty much this.

I always think asking "if god is so great, why does he let bad things happen" is like asking "if my parents are so great why can't I have ice cream for dinner every night"
>>
>>37201474
>Pro-god side says that free will doesn't exist

But that's wrong.
>>
>>37201292
Nobody can know and everyone who claims he does is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>37201706
how can you possibly compare the unparalleled suffering of humanity's existence to not getting ice cream every day
>>
>>37201292
God is just the personification of a force.
The question would be: is there more than meets the eye? The answer is yes.
Intent + feelings + imagination can attract/manifest changes in the real world. Your image is actually a proof of that. I bet either he or his family kept thinking about what it would be like if their kid had cancer.
The Secret is pretty much spot on except it can also be used on other people.
The thing is to imagine the desired state as being real and attaching all the sounds/imagery etc to it.

>If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask in prayer.
Matthew 21:22
>>
>>37201292
Holy shit no wonder why my hairline looks so bad with just minor recession. Blonde people just have naturally weird hairlines.
>>
>>37201770
your take on seeing one kid with a strange hairline and having one yourself is that all people who have blond hair have fucked up hairlines
>>
>>37201501
so getting cancer is teaching this kid what lesson exactly? cucking christ-cucks, everyone went atheist so now people go chistcuck to feel like they are unique again. fucking hate this world.
>>
The very concept of a fully sentient entity that can simply will matter into existence, and somehow exists outside of space and time is fucking absurd. On top of that you have a bronze age sand person story about a man who hears voices that tell him to mutilate his penis and murder his son, and then this deity then goes on to murder countless millions of innocents among many other cruel, demonic atrocities in the bible - and even today billions of people still believe these things with absolutely NO evidence to support any of it aside from catastrophes that can be attributed to nature. Nobody wants to believe that death is the end but it makes you value this life more. You are going to die someday and you are never, ever going to wake up. That should come as a relief to everyone here instead of being a zombie and singing praises to god forever, because that sounds like the most boring fucking thing in existence.
>>
>>37201966
Don't forget every single one of those sandpeople tales are just rip offs of even older sandpeople stories
>>
Life on this planet was intended for us as a punishment and not as a joyride. Once you realize this the whole ''why does god allow evil'' thing falls apart.
>>
>>37202075
God could simply will another Eden into existence but he chooses not to. He doesn't seem very omniscient or omnipotent if he somehow didn't see the fall of man coming from the start, or can't destroy the "evil" that was created and start over. A god that creates people just for the purpose of making them suffer is incredibly malevolent and not something I would ever want to praise.
>>
>>37202075
So who goes to heaven for eternal bliss and who goes to hell? Wouldn't the people who engage in the evils of exploiting the people, the earth, and the future go straight to hell? Then why is it that these are the people that push the narrative of creation in the first place?
>>
>>37202191
Literally the only thing that matters in christianity is your belief in God n Jesus. You can murder or even genocide thoudands/millions of people, steal, rape, destroy property, torture people and animals, abuse your kids and cause irreparable mental trauma (biblically rowdy kids = stoned to death by elders of the village too), it's all okay in the end if you say sorry to Jesus from the bottom of your heart!
>>
Can anyone in this thread explain the whole jesus died for your sins thing I don't understand what is meant by this at all
>>
>>37201292
I'm afraid there's really no way to tell, Anon. However, to quote Stephen Fry on the topic of God and His nature:

>"Bone cancer in children? What the hell is that all about?"
>>
>>37201706
it would be more like saying "if my parents are so great why do they beat me every day?"
>>
>>37201436
I wish I could sit up in heaven with God while we fuck with humanity, and laugh at all their self-inflicted problems.
>>
>>37202075
An entity cannot be omnipotent and benevolent, not when this universe exists. Choose none, or one, you don't get both.
>>
>>37202421
Yahweh has some infatuation with blood and foreskin sacrifices. In the olden days animals were enough to suffice, but then one day he decided to birth himself through a virgin and cuck some poor guy. He went around raising dead people and having them walk the streets, healing disease/blindness/paralysis etc among many other notable miracles yet managed to avoid ever being put in any (highly detailed) roman records of the time. Anyway he got killed and yay no more blood sacrifices needed! Why they were needed in the first place is never specified but he's God so you shouldn't question him.
>>
>>37201689
what are some core blackpill books?
>>
File: man_scratching_head.jpg (6KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
man_scratching_head.jpg
6KB, 262x192px
>>37202421
Apparently Eve eating the forbidden fruit gave Satan ownership of humanity, and Jesus died to get it back from him so that humans could go to heaven
>>
>>37202561
Probably just German philosophy in general
>>
>>37202607
So... doesn't that mean God's not all powerful?
>>
>>37202668
No no, he is but he chooses to do things in retardedly complex ways for no particular reason.
>>
>>37202421
Jesus came to earth to claim human sin for himself.
He suffered human pain and sacrificed himself to absolve us from our sins in the face of God so that we may be given a second chance to escape the hell into which we brought ourselves. Think of Jesus as a sacrificial lamb.
>>
>>37201501
>The bad things that happen here are to teach us lessons, many of them set by none other than us.
Well, not really. Most of the bad things happen because of sinning. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>37202749
I'm dumb can you make it easier to understand for me what does any of that actually mean
>>
Yeah, but if you want to go to heaven you must dedicate all your time and energy to spread his word and basically make yourself seem like crazy retard to everyone else, otherwise you go straight to hell. It's very hard and I suggest just becoming a satanist and embrace the evils of the world.
>>
>>37202803
Yeah embrace the evils of the world like progress, logic, and the scientific method.
>>
>>37202683
Thanks Anon, that clears things up for me. I'm off to go convert some heathens now.
>>
>>37201292
the human mind will always fall back on the existence of a god figure to explain what he doesn't understand. The more our civilization progresses, the less gods are needed. There used to be dozens of god to explain thunder, volcanoes, solar eclipses, the miracle of life, still borns, so on and so on. Now most people only need one god because they need a father figure to guide them through life
>>
>>37202749
Can you tell me what "sin" is exactly? Is it just a tally of all the things you do that god doesn't like for whatever retarded reason? Why does God, a deity powerful enough to create the entire universe care that I put my pipi in the wrong place, wear a cotton/polyester shirt, eat shellfish etc. Are those really the most important rules he can come up with? Things like "don't kill/rob/rape/otherwise hurt people" are basic human values without religion. It's how primates banded together and survived in the first place. Oh, but if God commands you to kill people like disobedient children and gays it's perfectly okay because he said so.
>>
>>37201730
>free will exists
>god has a plan for you
nigga what?
>>
>>37202683
You mean he has respect for free will and agency and doesn't want us to be mindless automaton slaves?
>>
Thank you God for the mercy you show. If my prays go unanswered at least I know you have mercy for the worse of the worse.
>>
Religion is just humans trying to make sense of the unknown and evil of the world, anon. Probably something that was to guide people in the more barbaric times, and these morons actually believe there is one.
>>
>>37202913
because He created us the beings smaller and more insignificant than one atom of one grain of sand of all the sand on a beach in the grand scheme of things shut up and just do it. also we are special
>>
>>37202923
Christians don't know what they want to believe. At least back in the day you had things that made relative sense, like the Roman gods having preset destinies for you (ie great warrior, politician etc) but you chose what you did with it because they didn't otherwise intervene in mortal affairs. Christian try to justify a god being omniscient yet somehow also giving us free will which is an impossible contradiction.
>>
>>37203030
>"Shut up and just do it"
Well, you have me convinced.
>>
>>37201501
not much of a lesson to learn out of a kid dying of cancer, mate. if he truly does exist then he's a fucking moron
>>
>>37203043
these particular ideas are so the poor simultaneously blame themselves for not being born rich and also blame themselves for not 'working hard enough' to become rich
>>
>>37203139
I know, I'm just saying it makes a tad more sense than the omniscience + free will sheeit.
>>
>>37202913
im not that guy, but a sin is just anything that goes against god's word.
>Why does God, a deity powerful enough to create the entire universe care that I put my pipi in the wrong place, wear a cotton/polyester shirt, eat shellfish etc.
im no priest, so i can't explain all of his reasons, but the central idea is that his word will protect us from harm and guarantee us entry into heaven.
>Are those really the most important rules he can come up with?
you could argue the 10 commandments are the most important rules. really though, a sin is a sin regardless of what it is was.
>Things like "don't kill/rob/rape/otherwise hurt people" are basic human values without religion.
that's very debatable. african and/or muslim countries still act very barbaric and dont seem to value those "basic human values" as much as we in the west do. not everyone has the same morals.
>if God commands you to kill people like disobedient children and gays it's perfectly okay because he said so.
when does god ever suggest you should kill disobedient children and gays?
>>
>>37203267
>african and/or muslim countries still act very barbaric and dont seem to value those "basic human values" as much as we in the west do.
The main difference between a civilized man and a barbaric man is the latter is a victim of poverty and war
>>
>>37203267
Your average african is also a literal 50 iq retard that kills out of resource scarcity. Muslims just accepted the word of Mohammed as law and it's stuck through the years. Christians have been extremely violent and there is absolutely no denying it. They only dropped it over the last century or so and even still many of them are hateful and abusive. The average modern christian only knows that "Jesus died to save us, he good guy :^3" and has never actually read all of the horrific things in the bible.
>>
>>37203441
the problem is they're too barbaric to work together to get anything solved. they only kill and steal
>>
>>37203729
>Christians have been extremely violent and there is absolutely no denying it.
in what way? and no us politicians are not christians. they intently try again and again to harm other people for their out of greed. they're heartless.
>The average modern christian only knows that "Jesus died to save us, he good guy :^3" and has never actually read all of the horrific things in the bible.
what's important is striving to be more like jesus. so long as you try your hardest to follow god's word and pray for god's forgiveness, your entry into heaven should be guaranteed.
>>
>>37203990
>in what way?
The Inquisition, the crusades (excluding 1), burning blasphemers at the stake (see: anyone who challenged the church) , persecuting gays, child molestation, corporal punishment/general abuse, justification for slavery as long as it's not jews, the list goes on. Nowadays it's more just disowning your kids because they're homos/atheists/heathens or whatever. Have christians historically been less violent than muslims and israelites? Sure, but that will never excuse all of the violence they did participate in.

If you do not follow the specific laws of god, including murdering people, you are not a christian. You follow a more docile and cherrypicked version of christianity and don't genuinely believe any of it.
>>
Yes. Thank you God. Even if you can show mercy for us but it looks like those worse than us has your blessing. Your mercy is the only way to explain why we don't collectively destroy everybody at every slight.
>>
I think he exists and doesnt give a shit about us, in the same way we dont really give a shit about bacteria in our bodies. However i still feel like i love him, since is thanks to him i exist.
>>
>>37204224
Don't forget witch hunting brah
>>
>>37204439
>>37204224
To add to this you have freaks like Kellogg the cereal man who advocated things like circumcision and pouring acid on little girls to "cure" masturbation, and he's the reason the former spread to the US.
>>
>>37204330

This is the only logic I can arrive to at this point. Though I really wish I wasn't alive desu
>>
>>37204641
Universe = anomaly and product of infinite probability
Universe = created by a humanlike entity that has always existed and has the power to will things into existence

What sounds more logical to you?
>>
>>37204705
well the latter isn't an insane concept. humans can make ai, whos to say we aren't ai ourselves?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.