[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the debilitating loneliness that creeps

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1452988802956.jpg (135KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
1452988802956.jpg
135KB, 736x550px
How do you deal with the debilitating loneliness that creeps up every night while you're trying (and failing) to fall asleep?
>>
>>37189908
mmorpgs are a good fix. while im trying to sleep. i think about what im gonna do in the game the next time i wake up
>>
>>37189908
I try to go to sleep before it happens. When they doesn't work, I fap.
When that doesn't work, I listen to some music. Music always helps me. Do you have a playlist you could set up, OP?
>>
>>37189983
Too bad WoW shit the bed and everything else just feels like a bad knockoff these days.
>>
>>37190002
wow is free up to lvl 20..... you know u want to try
>>
>>37189993
All of my music is sad and most of it makes me feel even worse.
>>
>>37190052
I played it for years. I just don't really like the way the game is these days. Even on a high population server everything feels so isolated and disjointed. Unless you're raiding or roleplaying you don't even really have a reason to talk to anyone anymore.
>>
>>37189983

I wish I could do that.
I'm so absurdly committed to knuckling through tough times and not trying to find solace and escape in something else that I just sit around and take it. I'm afraid to do anything fun most of the time, and I think refusing to confide my problems in my gf is why she left.
>>
I tell myself I am insignificant and worthless in an attempt to become more apathetic
>>
>>37189983
Fuck me I wish I could enjoy something enough to be that excited about it. I can, but it only lasts a couple days at a time.
I even have an active wow sub, but I don't have any sustainable inkling to play. I just want casual friends to talk to, like I had years ago.
>>
>>37189908
Thinking about something you like is an alternative. Making up imaginary scenarios or movie plots is another. Recently I've also started listening to music as I am trying to fall asleep. Be creative.
>>
>>37189983
I end up having insane hypnagogic hallucinations of my mmo characters doing stuff while I'm transitioning into sleep. Sometimes I'll think I'm actually playing but then realize I'm not. It's pretty uncomfy in all honesty because sometimes I want to go straight to sleep without logging into headWoW. I think it's a sign that I do the same things over and over too often, if my psyche can so perfectly emulate it.
>>
File: gf.jpg (17KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
17KB, 214x236px
>>37189908
The existential thought of what its like to be dead swallows it for me.
>>
>>37189908
I leave the TV on, playing the simpsons episodes (seasons 2-10, if you must know) in french because I wanted to learn the language.

I've been doing that for 3 years now. I've memorized the dialogs of most episodes and now I'm fluent in french because of that.
>>
>>37191924
I like to think it's like getting smaller and smaller and smaller until you're just not there
A gradual transition would make it easier to deal with I think
>>
>>37192102
my problem is that i try immaginning just not existing for a long time
>>
>>37189908
I can't shut it out, doesn't really matter what I do, it stays, in the back of my head, slightly behind me, where someone else could be.
But alas, the lonliness does not end, and it won't, this is forever, until death do me apart.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.