[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make friends as an adult?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: 1439522713832.jpg (50KB, 508x472px) Image search: [Google]
1439522713832.jpg
50KB, 508x472px
Has anyone here successfully navigated from having no friends to having a social life?

I'm male, 27, fairly good looking, intelligent, making decent money and financially independent. Also I'm living in a major city.

It's frustrating. I'm actually lonely for the first time in my life and I don't know how the fuck to make friends.

Anyone here had any success with this? I'm not really some like social outcast or something. I can pass as a normie very well and normally people seem to not think I'm a weirdo or anything.

Looking for your stories about making friends and how you went about doing it.

Please help.
>>
File: android.jpg (54KB, 700x472px) Image search: [Google]
android.jpg
54KB, 700x472px
>>37186185
>I can't even make friends on /r9k/
>>
I used to have a social life. I was out everyday. Navigated away from it. Successful for the most part, but people still contact me and asked to do things here and there. Most of them got the hint.
>>
>>37186185
murder someone
>>
File: cat crying.jpg (11KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
cat crying.jpg
11KB, 261x192px
>>37186549
So you purposefully weened people out of your life? Are you lonely now? My story is similar.

>>37186554
Elaborate
>>
>wanting friends
kill your self normy
>>
File: call of the wild.jpg (394KB, 1237x1019px) Image search: [Google]
call of the wild.jpg
394KB, 1237x1019px
>>37186593
You don't want friends?
>>
>>37186591

Last night is a perfect example of why I stay away from people.

>on computer in my room
>family friend who hasn't seen me in 16 years sees me
>she just got married
>fresh from a wedding party
>deal with talking to her for a few minutes
>they leave
>come back because they want me to hang out
>reluctantly agree
>drink with her and her husband
>things going okay, conversation flowing well
>she's the daughter of a well known judge
>husband is head of a company
>they're pretty much loaded
>she pulls out $100 "oh i forgot i had this, want it?"
>hands it to me like it's nothing
>they invite me to live with them in their massive house over summer
>husband offers me a guaranteed job
>start belittling me as if i'm not at the table with them
>bite my tongue
>get up and just head home

I've never met people who're so condescending. I was completely fucking disgusted.
>>
>>37186746
Was it a good job offer? Why not take it?
>>
>>37186789

At first the offer sounded great. I would have been willing until they started talking to each other about me as if I wasn't there. Under a roof with them would have been hell.
>>
>>37186835
what were they fukking saying boyofella originalcommento
>>
File: 1495243846304.jpg (35KB, 519x922px) Image search: [Google]
1495243846304.jpg
35KB, 519x922px
>>37186185
>be 28
>mechanical engineer
>move to east coast from home town
>no friends no family but pay is really good
>too much of a sperg autist to make friends
Shit sucks my dude, at least weed is legal here.
>>
>>37186895
Yeah man, I feel like I've got great things going for me but nobody to share it with.

I used to never get lonely, and was sort of a loner by personality type. But now I wish I had people to be around.

Have you made any friends at all? How long have you been at the job?
>>
File: 1495166669112.jpg (154KB, 809x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495166669112.jpg
154KB, 809x1024px
>>37186939
2 years now and not a single friend. I'm good at my job, but when it comes to people i get anxious and sperg out like a retard, so I don't go out much when i do have time off.
>>
>>37187025
Any like tinder dating or anything? I'm hoping I can at least meet some women but so far no luck with that either.
>>
>>37186185

Look for local clubs and other organizations. Maybe volunteer time as a gardener at a local park, or some other activity.

Take note of the tips on how to be likable in this ancient training film: https://archive.org/details/ShyGuy1947
>>
>>37187115
Yeah, I've been trying to find something that I could go like that. Thank you for the advice.
>>
File: 1489785606286.jpg (48KB, 495x496px) Image search: [Google]
1489785606286.jpg
48KB, 495x496px
Used to have friends, just sort of stopped talking and hanging out for some reason.

Cant make new friends at work because all my co workers are my dads age and normie as fuck.

What do
>>
>>37186895
same here moved and making bank. made one friend though in the past 6 months
>>
File: 1482112283507.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1482112283507.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
>>37187374
pretty much how it happened to me.

I actually used to have a decent social circle but over the years I had fallings out with most of them.

A lot of people my age that I speak with have said similar shit. I guess people just grow apart at this age.
>>
I don't have any friends either. It sucks. I'm turning 25 in June. The loneliness is suffocating me.
>>
>>37187628
Peoples interests change with age, and some times people just simply get tired of eachother and move on to fresh new friends that match their new interests.

I may not have any friends, but i at least have a girlfriend to be lonely and autistic with
>>
>>37186185
at jobs, especially a new one, i usually like to ask coworkers stuff like do they play any instruments. that one usually lets you gain a lot of insight into their social life. you'd be surprised. a coworker became a good friend outside of work because he used to tour nationally in a well known metal/tech death band for a while but never talked about it cuz no one ever asked.

another thing that works is if you are about to go on days off just say something like you can't wait to get home and get blasted or something. drinking and relaxing is usually a dog whistle for normies. someone will bite. Works great if you work with a bunch of married folk and your single because they'll be all like oh were going to be having a small get together tonight blah blah you can came over to my house instead.

i actually made a friend with a neighbor by asking him did he know anything about electrical work(i needed some lighting work done at my place) and just so happen to. have hung out with him a few times. electrical, plumbing, carpentry, auto work is usually a good opener.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.