[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it feel to own/drive a car?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 093.jpg (262KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
262KB, 650x842px
How does it feel to own/drive a car?
>>
>>37173625

Just how old are you exactly.......?
original posting
>>
>>37173625
Fun for the first couple months, then you realise how much of a money pit they are.
>>
>>37173625
it's another bill, however you have the freedom to go anywhere whenever you want. so it's not horrible.
>>
>>37173625
good. when I had the car in the shop for a week with no replacement, made me realize I took it granted, didn't really appreciate having a car
Before the lessons, I was scared of having to drive one. Do it anon.
>>
I haven't driven in over a year. Today I have to navigate a fucking full size pick up through the downtown core of my city.

Good think I learned to drive in a Ford Explorer.
>>
anyone else /roadrage/ here? i'm normally a pretty laid back guy, but i get so fucking mad when i see a bad driver on the road, like screaming FUCK by myself in my car mad

maybe just cause i quit smoking recently and i used to smoke the most while driving..
>>
Horrifying. Don't listen to these adrenaline junkie normies. If you actually derive pleasure from driving, you are most definitely a fearless normalfag chad inside.
>>
File: 14953835134842.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
14953835134842.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>37173625
Pretty cool. Lots of freedom, go anywhere, do what you want.

It helps to have tools, a knowledge of fixing and maintaining your vehicle, and a car that's easy to work on. That alone will keep your costs down.

If you drive your vehicle for any reasonable amount of time (I commute 40 mins per day), things WILL fail on it. I got my Jeep as a graduation present at 80k miles. I'm now at 180k, so far I've had to replace the throttle position sensor, water pump, all spark plugs and leads, ECM, and the muffler. If I would've taken it to a mechanic for all that, I'd be broke. Vehicle autism saves money and keeps you on the road.
>>
>>37173775
I think road raging is fucking retarded but yeah i haven't driven in my life
>>
>>37173811
Exactly why I made this thread, I now have a lisence but man the shit is stomach itching
>>
I've never enjoyed driving. Its really boring and monotonous
>>
>>37173865
i do agree with you that getting so mad on the road is stupid, but once you run into your fair share of bad drivers and near-accidents, you might be more understanding. good luck on the road bud
>>
driving a car is ok

my motorbike and van are where it's at though

i rove my van all over canada this spring, it was awesome. hopefully i'll make enough money this summer to buy a sweet bike and haul in down to the states and ride it around this winter
>>
>>37173640
Not OP, but I'm 21 and my parents don't have time to teach me.
>>
>>37173625
The most fun ive had in my life

The first week i had my license i drove a state away at 16(i had a permit for a year beforehand so i had some experience) and driving down the interstate is so exhilarating and whenever i have free time and money i go driving. If your going to start now is the time, when i started gas was $4 a gallon and now its less than $2
>>
>>37174469
my parents too but yeah i still got me a licence.
I think you should ask a friend or pay someone for an hour or two, shit is easy and all you have to do is get rid of your fears because it can be quite stressing if you overthink it
>>
>>37174625
I'm 19 with a licence, I know how to drive around and all but the thought of taking long roads or even driving downtown is quite stressing. but yeah sure it's a matter of experience
>>
>>37173625
Also
Will you feel like Driver if you drive downtown on Kavinsky's Nightcall??
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 1024x768px
It's not as fun as a motorcycle. (It's raining and I don't want to pull it out for a new picture but pic related anyway)

If you're afraid of driving you should go out and practice at night, listen to music and rip skids.
>>
>>37174806
I love driving down roads in the middle of nowhere but i guess thats just personal preference.
Everyone gets nervous driving through cities. They are the worst roads ive ever been on and all the roads in my state are on a grid system except the capital plus the lanes are thin af.
>>
>>37174806
>quite stressing

I can agree with you that city driving can be stressful, especially if you aren't familiar with the area. Driving in the mountains can also be stressful, because one fuck up and your car is falling off a cliff.

I live in Nevada, so I go driving on highways in the middle of the Mojave desert while blasing music for fun. It is a great way to spend time alone.

Picture having the window down, in the middle of nowhere, being the only person in a 10 mile radius, and playing this song on your stereo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQUlA8Hcv4s

It's great.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.