[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are people with above-average intelligence supposed to have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 14

File: 1486823584715.jpg (241KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1486823584715.jpg
241KB, 1080x1349px
How are people with above-average intelligence supposed to have high self-esteem when intelligence isn't valued in a person?
As long as a person isn't retarded do you really care how smart they are, honestly?

I keep hearing everywhere that women supposedly value intelligence, but where's the actual proof? So far all you really see is attractive women with dumb shits.

If you're smart, but don't have a career, you're just as fucked as everyone else, please tell me what advantage being smart gives you.
>>
Intelligence is only valued if you get money with it...

But really it's all about the money
>>
Use your intelligence to make a lot of money

That's what I'm doing. If there were actually any women that were so called "sapiosexuals" I would be getting laid constantly since I am (not memeing) in the top 1% of the top 1% of intelligence. In real life that just makes people not like me because I come off as either an arrogant asshole or really weird, which I am.

Fortunately I just started a $35/hr job which should grow to $54/hr next year as part of the research team for a software company.
>>
>>37170328
Get on my level. I sometimes make 1k for 30mn of consulting...
>>
>>37170328
ur gonna have to do better
>>37170293
they're not; that's the game
>>
What the FUCK are you on about?

Having a high IQ/intelligence level is something that would only make life EASIER for you. You understand social dynamics, you understand how the world works, you can do things faster and reach goals much earlier than other people. All of these things puts you ahead of the rest and in positions of dominance over others due to the fact you've achieved great things early on in life compared to others.

If you have a shit life you're not fucking intelligent and your IQ is not high. You're just a delusional dumb cunt who THINKS he is intelligent when you're ACTUALLY NOT.
>>
>>37170328
>use your intelligence to make a lot of money
i wish i could figure this out.

does more money give you more self-esteem, in your opinion?
i wouldn't know since i've always been poor.

we need to figure out how to make intelligent people valued again and not see as weird, arrogant assholes.
>>
>>37170293
I'm pretty sure I'm only slightly above-average, but I love and admire intelligent people and I'm hardly shy about confessing as much to them. My ideal woman is one who's intelligent and witty above anything else. I don't know if it's because I wish I were an intellectual like them or if it's simply finding comfort in the strength of character a keen intellect usually gives way to, but I can't get enough of smart people.
>>
>>37170378
no; with intelligence comes morality-do you know how handicapping morality is
>>
>>37170354
>>37170365
I'm only 20 so this is good in my book.

My main goal is to work somewhere like Jane Street or Two Sigma after I graduate, which would be even better
>>
>>37170401
u a piece of shame
>>
>>37170378
i'm trying to help smart people, your post is more bullshit than anything.

if your words were true, nerds wouldn't have trouble getting laid.

>if you have a shit life you're not intelligent, fuckity fuck fuck!!!
wtf, this isn't even logical. you can have a shit life and be intelligent, why are you cursing and so triggered.
>>
femanon here,

i couldn't date an unintelligent person and i find people more intelligent than me sexy

if someone says something intelligent (and I don't mean facts) to me that i hadn't thought of i get instantly attracted to them

but then again i do browse /r9k/ i wouldn't take myself as a reference
>>
>>37170378
an actual person doesn't think about dominating other people
>>
>>37170395
Completely false.

If you're actually intelligent do some reading no psychology and you'll figure out what's keep you back. I can tell you now ITS NOT YOUR FUCKING SUPPOSED HIGH IQ/INTELLIGENCE.

IQ/Intelligence isn't just down to being good at writing assessments or acing exams, it's all about how fast you're at learning new things....that includes EVERYTHING in life. Someone who is intelligent will find it VERY EASY to make friends, meet women, get sex, and do all that stuff. WHY? Because they figure out social patterns and realize what they must do in order to achieve success.

The reality is if you're actually intelligent/high IQ and you have shit success in the social world, it means you subconsciously don't even want success in the social world but at the same time a small part of your subconscious does, this is why you have a constant battle in your head about this shit because your thoughts aren't clear, which indicates low IQ.
>>
>>37170423
much less at an early age, what country/state/municipality are CHILDREN free to achieve?>>37170433
psychology
>>
>>37170390
It's not that hard to figure out. The way I see it there are two routes you can take: the wage slave route or the self employed route. The wage slave route is easier because someone else already "defined" it for you, and you just need to make your resume fit the mold of whatever job you set your sights on. I think software is especially good because you don't need that many qualifications to start making a lot of money. Finance/medicine/law are good if you do them correctly (for finance and law you better go to top schools) but they're a lot more work.

Going self employed, you can make a lot more money, but you have to figure it out yourself. You can make big money doing stupid shit like construction subcontracting.
>>
>>37170433
why should anyone accept any bullshit you're posting? for all we know you're making all this up.

i can tell you post in every thread like this and try to shoot them all down. why do people with attitudes like yours exist.

just fuck off and die alone somewhere.
>>
>>37170423
Everything in life is about power/dominance.

You're autistic if you can't notice the signs - and it's the main reason why you don't have any success, because you have no idea how to interact with other humans.

Social power/dominance hierarchy is everywhere in life, no matter where you go or what you do. If this doesn't register in your mind you actually have autism, like real autism, not 4chan autism.
>>
do u cavemen not know what money is-unless you're in applied engineering, software is nothing;albeit cool, finance is for assholes
>>
>>37170422
>i find people more intelligent than me sexy

So you basically find most of the population sexy? What a fucking whore.
>>
File: 3020855.jpg (39KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
3020855.jpg
39KB, 500x344px
>>37170467
tell that to a man on an island
>>
>>37170467
like you're doing a good job interacting with humans right now.

know it all fags should kill themselves.
>>
>>37170433
You're a literal retard, I feel embarrassment just by reading your cringey shit. Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>37170467
tell me what ur job/schooling is and I can tell u everything about u
>>
>>37170293
Your high self-esteem would come from your knowledge, skills, abilities and accomplishments that you would have developed if you were actually intelligent.

Do you want people to applaud you just for existing? Do you want people to faun over your natural intelligence, that you were born with, just as they do people with natural good looks, that they were born with?
That's not a good thing.
>>
>>37170508
there's a difference between self-esteem and confidence
>>
>>37170293
her latest vid shows she got fat and wears whore panties and dances for likes.

not sure if im annoyed or not since ive wanted her for awhile. least I know what her thik ass in a thong looks liek now
>>
>>37170525
u believe in the collective mind I hope u flatline
>>
>>37170508
so only women can merely exist? that's basically what you're telling me.
also, i see dumb people pull off knowledge, skills, abilities and accomplishments.

i think too many people confuse will power with intelligence.
also, people with good looks actually like when people compliment them so how is that not a good thing?
>>
>>37170508
anyways, good looks are determined by intelligence
>>
>>37170509
How so, anon?

Just curious.
>>
>>37170543
self esteem is an intrinsic feeling you have about yourself
confidence is your belief you can get shit done, or maybe the other way around
>>
>>37170508
>accomplishments and all that shit are required for a smart person to have high self-esteem, but a good looking person can have high self-esteem just by existing

do you not see why this thread is even asking this question?

you would be better off just admitting that people don't really value intelligence in people that much.
>>
>>37170535
That's how it is, but I'm not saying that's how it should be. I would say people shouldn't be applauded for their natural good looks, either. You shouldn't be complimented and congratulated for your natural traits.

Pussy game still ridiculous so you do what you gotta do.
>>
Not reading the thread, but intelligence only has its value if it's used in some pragmatic stuff.
>>
>>37170354

What consulting?

Management? Tech?

I want to pursue a career in management consulting.
>>
>>37170293
>when intelligence isn't valued in a person?

there are too many fucking good things that aren't valued.

and you get depressed if you try to be compatibile with the Currently Valued Things
>>
it goes this: thinking is volitional>acting is volitional>you gain confidence when u'v taken enough action, u gain self esteem(idk when, I have none) your actions are what determine ur attractiveness
>>
I don't ideologically identify as a person who is ever wrong. I wish people would stop resorting to buzzwords like "false" or "incorrect" when they debate me. Can't they just confront my ideas on my own terms? Those terms being that I am always right?
>>
>>37170328
intelligence doesn't make money unless you're literally one in a million super genius. a regular smart person, say 130-150 IQ, doesn't have much of an advantage. at that range all that really matters is how rich your family is.
>>
>>37170628
things are either true or false
always
no1 can know what u think or feel, but your thoughts and emotions objectively exist
>>
>>37170378
>Having a high IQ/intelligence level is something that would only make life EASIER for you.
Though it doesn't make it harder, it doesn't make it as easy as you think.

>You understand social dynamics,
Some theoretical understanding, but don't understand how to apply it to my own life.

>you understand how the world works,
...but not how to convince people how to change how the world works, which makes me depressed.

>you can do things faster and reach goals much earlier than other people.
Not true at all. Maybe it's because I have bigger goals, but either way they're harder to reach. And I've never been particularly fast at things.

>All of these things puts you ahead of the rest and in positions of dominance over others due to the fact you've achieved great things early on in life compared to others.
IQ/intelligence does not equal achievement.
>>
>>37170574
Okay, you can SEE good looks. You can't SEE intelligence. So of course good looks are immediately valued.
To be able to value someone for their natural intelligence, you need to get to know them. That takes a lot more time and effort. People value intelligence but it isn't obvious to see.

That's the answer to OP's question. If he wants people to value his intelligence, then they need to know about it. So all he has to do is go around talking to people about really smart stuff, telling them lots of facts and constantly correcting any mistakes they make. That'll show them he's smart and they'll love him for it.
>>
>>37170590
yet people expect nerds and genius' to have really high-self esteem.

how are smart people supposed to have high self-esteem and feel good about themselves if no one values them??
>>
>>37170293
>How are people with above-average intelligence supposed to have high self-esteem
Being smart doesn't automatically mean you lack other redeeming qualities

>As long as a person isn't retarded do you really care how smart they are, honestly?
Me? More than anything else. As do a great portion of other people.

Being "smart" in the sense that you're interesting anyway. I don't think many people gush over the one guy that just happens to be really good at math.

>If you're smart, but don't have a career, you're just as fucked as everyone else, please tell me what advantage being smart gives you.
Being smart means being able to work well with the resources you have. You may not automatically understand something but you know how to figure out how to understand it and how to make the most of it, sometimes on profound levels that other people just can't keep up with.
>>
>>37170690
0/10 trolling.

we know everyone hates smart people already, that's why this thread is here.

you'd need to stop capitalizing shit randomly and change your post style to not be so obvious, too late though.
>>
lemme tell you a story:
i met a guy irl who on the first meeting said "we need to kill people" his reasons 1)overpopulation 2)global warming
he said we can't change ecosystems, he said we can't use plants
he said perpetual motion isn't possible
then he lied and said a photons the most powerful particle in light
this Brandon is deprived of sense
>>
>>37170709
Because they know they aren't bad people just because they happen to be willed into a position where people don't treat them well.

Gain self esteem by actually earning it.
>>
>>37170728
The capitalising is to emphasise the words.

I'm saying how it is. What the fuck do you want? Do you want people to just go "yeah OP, it's really unfair REEEEEE" and then leave it at that?

The last part of that post was just pointing out that you really can't display natural intelligence the way you can display natural good looks.
If you can't understand this, it's really no-ones fault but your own.
>>
>>37170709
Do people expect tho?

Any nails which sticks out is hammered.
>>
>>37170794
not in the way a reasoning mind expects
have u played telephone? this is what people actually are
>>
>>37170293
Actual proof here.
No Einstein but 140 IQ - been with so so many women I stopped counting.
Many have done much better than I with less to work with.
I cannot say 100% what will work for you - but for me personally - I just had to get out of my own way. Stop trying to impress women - make it a point to be around women, and some are likely to find you interesting if you are interesting.
Literally not rocket science
>>
>>37170712
i mean you're not really answering the questions, more like commenting on them.

if i value my intelligence, but other people don't, what good are my other redeeming qualities to me?

why do you care how smart people are? i feel like you said this just disagreement fishing.
like how does smart = in the sense that you're interesting? that's vague to me.

>being smart means being able to work well with resources
and that's supposed to make me feel good? okay then, i guess?
>>
>>37170820
>make it a point to be around women
so you just roleplay you're actually doing shit when you're just trying to be in the presence of women? or do you actually find something you like to do around women?

i struggle big time with being around women, it's a lot easier said than done man, but being around them definitely improves self-esteem.
>>
>>37170820
it's because you're good looking. if you're good looking, being intelligent will make many women find you even more attractive than they would have otherwise, this is true. but if you're ugly, no amount of intelligence will ever make you more attractive to any woman.
>>
File: IMG_0019.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>37170820
Basically this post - but boil it down to a simple, "present an image that you really don't care either way".
>>
>>37170821
>if i value my intelligence, but other people don't, what good are my other redeeming qualities to me?
If your endgame is just being liked by other people, then nothing I suppose

Your intelligence however is about the best resource you will ever have. It describes everything and how you take advantage of it

>why do you care how smart people are?
>like how does smart = in the sense that you're interesting? that's vague to me.
"Smart" in the sense I'm using basically describes your whole person.

It may sound like some vague nonsense middle-class moms would spout off to make themselves feel better, but being smart really does describe a wide and intangible array of aspects about you as a person. The only real commonality being that you're good at working with the resource you have.

>and that's supposed to make me feel good? okay then, i guess?
It's supposed to help shine light on how to make your life better
>>
you get ONE shot at life, and you already began; if you didn't go 100% from that first moment...
>>
if someone has less rods and cones in their eyes than you, two objects may look the same to them that you could differentiate as different
image is my property
>>
>>37170861
I am like a 6/10 honestly.
Made me blush thinking anyone would find me good looking
>>
>>37170887
This really does help.
Appearing to not care illustrates that you are not trying to impress anyone, and makes you come across super causal
>>
>>37170293
Women are as shallow as men and most of them aren't every bright.
They go for status and attractiveness.
Very few make the smart choice.
>>
>>37170891
if you're really smart, i'm sorry, you put a lot of eggs in your "intelligence" basket, you don't start trying out for sports and shit, do you understand what i'm saying? you gravitate towards intellectual pursuits.

i understand what you're saying about smart, but where is the advantage??? where is the advantage in all that?

shining light on making your life better. so i'm not ever really supposed to feel good, am i? i keep improving my life but i'm just not feeling it..
>>
>>37170857
I am no social butterfly - but I end up places where women are due to my interests.
If it helps, start small - try once a week.
>>
File: urp.png (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
urp.png
43KB, 800x600px
>>37170967
leech go to the corner, your post made me devolve
>>
>>37170293
You faggots ain't smart--at least not as smart as you think. If you were smart, you'd figure out how women work and how to get with them. Real life isn't like the Big Bang Theory.
>>
>>37170982
if u were smart u would throw around an expletive like it was nothing
>>
Purpose Island:
gliding through the rings
flying in the sky
a Pegasus, a woman
>>
File: 1415227980478.png (42KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1415227980478.png
42KB, 640x400px
>>37170969
and your interests would be what?
god i can't fucking wait for you to tell me what your interests are.
>>
>>37171035
I like to read - I like movies - I game, but that is no place to meet girls - I cook - I workout, but irregularly (no Adonis at all, actually more than a lil heavy)
>>
>>37170433
you can be autistic and be a math genius. social intelligence equal intelligence.
>>
You hit the nail on the head op. I skipped a fucking grade, have been on honor roll and am generally regarded as a smart guy by people who know me well. Its has never helped me in social settings or in attracting women. Looks matter. As long as you're intelligent enough to speak, a woman could care less about intelligence imo.
>>
>>37171057
So, what, cooking clubs? Go reading in a library and approach women there? Sit next to some girl in a cinema?

Fucking normals.
>>
>>37171061
Most people on /r9k/ aren't autistic. They simply are cowards.
>>
>>37171070
>a woman could care less
>could care

Role-playing as a smart guy again, aren't ya sweetie?
>>
>>37171084
If you are as smart as you think you are, you should do what everybody else did to get a gf: apply trail and error.
>>
>>37171084
HA!
If only...
I have met girls in bookstores - but not pickup artist by any stretch.
Movies make a good place to go with a girl, but again, not generally a super place to meet new ones.
Not familiar with cooking clubs, but a class can a gold mine - great ratio, and the close quarters allow them to get to know you without the feel of having a player scope them out.
>>
>>37171070
If you're smart, you should find a way to be witty around people too. Make girls laugh, that's literally all it takes to get in their pants.
>>
File: 1355125496913.jpg (39KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1355125496913.jpg
39KB, 500x667px
>>37171070
only actual smart people are going to empathize, not because they're smart, but because they're experiencing the same thing in their life right now.
you thought you could bank on your intelligence and actually use it, we all did and now we find ourselves posting on 4chan everyday.

the truth is, if you're actually smart, you're modest and being modest means you can't talk about how smart you are, that is if you have any integrity whatsoever.
people won't like you if you're not humble, i know it, you know it, everyone knows it, that's why hiding your power level even exists in the first place.

>>37171057
and those interests have you always around women how? what, the gym?
you showed me your hand when you said gym.. god, it's disgusting how much work has to be done for you to feel good about yourself.
>>
>>37170293
Watch THE TAO OF STEVE.
Not quite an instructional manual - but some very good tips.
Expect some failure - life is as much about finding out what doesn't work as what works.
>>
>>37171189
Smart people get perceived as smart because they say smart things, not because they blow sugar up their own ass 24/7. If you were smart, you'd actually know this.
>>
>>37170293
If you're smart, you won't have any problems pulling smart girls. I'd say that's a huge advantage over dumb guys.
>>
>>37171189
No one said to ALWAYS be around women.
You don't want to move into a new life instantly - which is good cuz you can't. You want to take trips where the target lives and try some things. See what works for you and what doesn't.
Literally never met someone at the gym - but going, even sporadically is good for me. Feel free to keep throwing yourself a pity party and shitting on everyone else though.
Can't imagine why no one finds you attractive if you are such an acerbic ass to everyone.
>>
>>37171217
okay? that has nothing to do with my post that you quoted.

>they say smart things
haha, what does this mean though?? that's almost a subjective statement, like you could make anything seem smart in a certain context if you were good enough at bullshitting people.
>>
>>37171290
If you always have something of interesting to contribute to conversations, people will assume that you're well-read and smart. It's not considered as showing-off. You can be humble and still impress people simply through what you have to say to the topics at hand.
>>
Jesus. Aren't most of the self-declared "intelligence monsters" in this thread university educated? Simply attend college parties and talk to the girls there. You'll easily get a smart gf.
>>
File: 1342385120036.png (115KB, 262x274px) Image search: [Google]
1342385120036.png
115KB, 262x274px
>>37171284
unless you didn't go to college, then they wonder what's wrong with you, believe me.

>>37171285
pity party? acerbic ass? shitting on everyone? weird accusations honestly.
i didn't mean always, not sure why i used that word, it doesn't matter here.

i wanted to know how you were able to make it a point to be around women so easily and be with more women than you can count and so far you haven't really given me much on that and now you're saying i'm bitter and shit, whatever dude, your sudden defensive shift makes me feel like you're full of a little bologna.
>>
>>37171189
I get the feeling this poster is employing a few logical fallacies.
Because he has never had success with women and someone called him Einstein that one time when he dropped his tray in the lunch line he thinks he must be so intelligent that it is off-putting to females.
Completely disregarding the advice of a person who is good at something you are not because of one thing they do in their life is beyond infantile.
>this guy went to a gym so he isn't really smart - hur dur
>>
I used to live in an international dorm for a while. There were hardly any dumb people living there. Even when people would simply hang out and drink together, we'd always jump from funny topis to deep ones. There were always girls attending our hang-outs too, and the best thing was that there were hardly any monoglots around. Most people were fluent in at least three languages. It was really great.
>>
>>37171321
you're right. that's one way. maybe eventually it might make you feel good about yourself temporarily one time.
>>
>>37171363
May be my bad - I thought this was a discussion on how to get from one place in life to another.
I have been both places - I thought I could contribute. I may have just walked into a thread where folks were just looking wax thoughtful on why they think they are stuck a point A.
Not the first time I have mis-read a room, so to speak. Won't be the last. I will somehow continue on.
>>
>>37171375
>i get the feeling the poser is using fallacy, let me contribute with ad hom.

i haven't been disregarding any advice, all of the advice in here is actually pretty good and i'm going to follow or am already following some of it.
>>
>>37171427
>monoglots

Yeah, it always makes me laugh, when someone that only speaks one language thinks that they are smart.
>>
>>37171321
This
This is also what is meant by not trying so hard.
You don't show people your intellect by saying - IM SO SMART!
You do it by having well informed opinions on things, and being willing to listen to others as well.
Few things make you look worse than trying to talk over ever person in the room on every topic that comes up.
>>
>>37171516
What if that one language is English? It's like being able to speak every language, really. You know, because it's the common, universal language.
>>
>>37170293
There used to be a very cute druggie girl that was really into me because I knew some shitty poems by heart in different languages. I almost got to bang her but we didn't have any condoms, so we only made out.
>>
>>37171542
Poor brain roastie thinks it is mart. kek
>>
>>37171561
Sorry, I dropped the s because I was laughing so hard while typing. ^^
>>
>>37171496
Hope it works.
Seriously expect some fails.
Go home, lick your wounds, and get back out there.
No one can tell someone a magic place to go or thing to say that will take someone from feeling awkward one day to have 10 super models licking your balls the next.
But if we can try to lift each other up a bit we can all get there. Well, not the 10 super models place, Clooney and Pitt will never let us in that party, but I think you get it.
>>
>>37171542
If you aren't fluent in English plus at least one Romanic/Slavic or another Germanic language AND one Asian language, then you're pretty much retard tier.
>>
>>37171284
I know "smart girls" who have fucked the dumbest chads. Aka, girls with degrees who work for the government now who fucked tattoo'd high school drop outs who play in cool bands. Okay, I only know 2 such girls personally, but I barely know anyone and don't use social media, so I'm 90% sure it happens on a wider scale.
>>
>>37171627
I'm sure that you've fucked some dumb broads too but that doesn't mean that you'd settle down with them.
>>
>>37171627
I don't think above average intellect is looking for that girl. That girl is a pox and to be avoided like a coal burner. IMHO
>>
File: 1348735859049.jpg (76KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
1348735859049.jpg
76KB, 500x638px
>>37171579
people's advice is all more or less the same. the idea is range of advice and finding what works.
basically the most common thing i see said on the internet and IRL is "go to the gym".
that's also the only thing i'm good at that will work for me.

my interests are too fine-tuned right now, i need to develop different ones somehow.

"find your niche" is the best advice i always hated hearing.
>>
>>37170433
You argument showed promise... until this post.

obligatory [citation needed]
>>
File: 1494037075007.jpg (101KB, 633x625px) Image search: [Google]
1494037075007.jpg
101KB, 633x625px
>>37170293
Some human characteristics, such as strength, intelligence, and charisma (including good looks), have always had value for thousands of years

In pre-historic times, strength was the most valuable attribute. You didn't need more than one or two smart guys (shaman or witchdoctor or whatever) in the tribe

After the industrial revolution, above-average intelligence could secure you a comfy non-manual white collar job. The really smart ones could become doctors, lawyers, engineers and do cool stuff, make money

Post social media, charisma is taking on more intelligence. Just by being good-looking, extroverted, charismatic, and attractive (and with a bit of luck), you can make shitloads of money playing video games on the internet (pewdiepie and twitch whores) or through advertising deals based on your social media following.

So yeah, intelligence is losing its premium, unless you're at the extreme high end. They'll just bring in an above-average Chang or Pajeet and pay them less for most private sector brainwork jobs, engineers and doctors included.
>>
File: 1444848350158.jpg (164KB, 730x752px) Image search: [Google]
1444848350158.jpg
164KB, 730x752px
>>37170293
They only value a high degree or education. They don't actually care how smart you are. If you ain't making bank you're a stupid idiot to them.
>>
>>37171723
this is such a babby's first /int/ post, no offense.

>and agility was good back then too because you could dodge the monkey crap all the apes threw at you while you foraged for berries!!!! not so good no more though, damn nigger thieves win all the awards now :((
>>
>>37171767
What do you expect from animu retards?
>>
>>37171683
So much of what people advise is also distilled through the lens of their personal perceptions though too.
If a person had poor confidence, and starting hitting the gym, then their confidence improved, they may distill the experience down to - everyone else has to work out to get women. When clearly that is not literally the truth of it.
Find your niche is good advice, but it is a bit vague for someone who has not yet found theirs.
Add into the equation that life feels so damn random sometimes and it can have you wanting to pull your hair out.
Seriously though, snag Tao of Steve of usenet or wherever you use, and give it a watch.
It may not help at all - but there may be a few nuggets in there for you.
Worst case scenario you will laugh a few times.
I may be biased though, as I bear more than a passing resemblance to the fat stoner in it - though I do not get high. No moral objection - I just never liked smoke.
>>
>>37171756
>They only value a high degree or education.

That's only true for a part of the college-educated females.
>>
>>37171808
you're not the first time i've heard of Tao of Steve, i'm gonna check it out, pretty sure i have it jotted down in a notepad file somewhere, along with books i need to read, movies i need to watch, etc.

but yeah, you're right about the other stuff.
i feel like i have my niche, now i just need to be around women.
>>
>>37171887
Best of luck to you and anyone else who wants to improve their lives.
Rare day alone in the house though, so I will excuse myself and go kill some folks on XBL.
>>
>>37170293
I used to be smart & knowledgeable
I used to talk to an equally smart & knowledgeable lady
I ended up rejected becose I look like a bum
>>
>>37170293
Won't say I'm 'smart' as it's pretty much an edgy teen meme now. But I have a lot of awareness of what is going on, making tiny little details potentially cause me to over think it.

Social situations are the worst; I say or do something stupid and then instantly think "Now everyone thinks you're an autist". Then I try to correct it, usually by moving onto another serious topic. But from everyone having a laugh, joking around I move it onto "When is the really tough piece of work that no one has started due(even though I know it's due soon, it's just to start a new conversation)". And pow, everyone thinks I'm weird and stops talking with me.
>>
The truth is that you're only slightly more intelligent than the average person but MUCH lazier. In your heart you know this to be true
>>
>>37170967
>if you're really smart, i'm sorry, you put a lot of eggs in your "intelligence" basket, you don't start trying out for sports and shit, do you understand what i'm saying? you gravitate towards intellectual pursuits.
Not necessarily. You're probably more oriented towards things you can do sitting at a desk but yeah

I played football for years just because I liked football. Turns out what's more profoundly important than running really fast are the mindgames you play with the enemy team.

>i understand what you're saying about smart, but where is the advantage???
You understand how to work with the resources you have

You know how to analyze siduations, how to take advantage of them and make yourself better

Applies to essentially everything

>shining light on making your life better. so i'm not ever really supposed to feel good, am i? i keep improving my life but i'm just not feeling it..
Lack of success doesn't mean you failed or that you aren't doing better than you would otherwise

Normies may have been willed into happiness but they don't deserve kudos for just happening to be in a convenient situation
>>
>>37172069
>making tiny little details potentially cause me to over think it.

You mean like everybody else that's not literally retarded?
>>
>>37172069
>Won't say I'm 'smart' as it's pretty much an edgy teen meme now.
That's retarded and so are you.

The "fedora" insult wasn't invented to make fun of people saying they're smart, it was invented to make fun of people just acting that way to validate their narcissism. You're doing the same thing, you're just explicitly going out of your way to look like an idiot.

An actually "smart" person would be doing what they think is right regardless of whether they might end up on the receiving end of le hat meme on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>37170293
>/r9k/ always claims that women can't be smart
>the most intelligent person I've ever met was a female prefessor

Explain yourselves, atheists.
>>
>>37172172
nah, i actually exercise and stuff. a long time ago i would've conceded to being lazy, but now, nah, i put in too much work.

>>37172174
not necessarily, but that's what i did, i gravitated towards intellectual and artistic pursuits, they were my strengths.
the part i think is going over your head (because you refuse to address it for some reason), is about how you feel from day to day. failing and not moving forward doesn't make you feel good, no matter how you spin it.
nothing happens over night, so you need comforts and esteem to keep you motivated, do you understand?
>>
>>37172312
There's more than one female
>>
>>37172341
But if women aren't smart and can't into logic and intelligence, then how did said professor do it?
>>
>>37172340
Yeah I'm doing my best here but I'm not really following what you're saying

>is about how you feel from day to day. failing and not moving forward doesn't make you feel good, no matter how you spin it.
I agree

That's why you change it

If you're going backwards then fabricate a situation where you can't go backwards. Like learning from your experiences
>>
>>37172361
Because you're too dumb to know what is intelligence. She just impressed you by knowing some things about some subjects you value. That's not intelligence, it's knowledge. And as a professor she already had all the time in the world to gather it.
>>
>>37172404
Wow, another "I'm so smart but lazy" faggot thinks he's smarter than one of the most distinguished experts in her field in the whole wide world. Shaking my head at your existence.
>>
>>37172404
>Because you're too dumb to know what is intelligence.

And you're too dumb for basic English word order :D
>>
>>37172382
yeah, you change, but when you go to sleep you still feel bad.
having high self-esteem makes you feel good about yourself, what are you not following?
yes you change, but you don't change over night.

re-read the original post, that will help.
>>
>>37172506
Maybe because I'm not an English speaker, faggot.
>>
>>37170433
I can tell you're smart cause you write so good. :^)
>>
>>37170433
There's such thing as emotional intelligence you know? It's what normies, even the dumb ones, get by on. It's a whole different ball game.
>>
self confidence is a scam, they try to pump you full of that shit you're willing to gamble on yourself with student loans and other bullshit. notice how stupid people basically never doubt themselves? yeah fuck that noise confidence is arrogance now in our society.
>>
>>37170967
iktf

everytime i solve a problem, another one pops up. i never get the sense of satisfaction in completing a goal. i just feel worse that there will be infinitely many people out there better than me and infinite desires to strive towards; no matter how hard i try, i will always be inferior.

i keep improving my life, through my physical appearance, academics, finance but in the end, what good does it do if i'm still unsatisfied... unhappy? the cycle never ends.
>>
>>37172792
this isn't worth looking for a bait image.
>>
>>37172792
Well you used up that pasta so no one else can use it

Hope it was worth it
>>
if you were genuinely intelligent you wouldn't care too much about women
>>
File: 1492804405696.png (87KB, 310x312px) Image search: [Google]
1492804405696.png
87KB, 310x312px
>>37170328
>I am (not memeing) in the top 1% of the top 1% of intelligence.

what proof do you have of this
>>
>>37171150
>be witty
I used to an exceptionally witty motherfucker.

Seems like those ~7 years of isolation shredded my brain. I freeze in the moment and only think of everything I could have said about 5 minutes too late.
The speech impediment doesn't help but I'm not going to blame that for it all. I know I blank mentally.

Hints for improving wit?
>>
>>37170293

Intelligence is valued in beta provider men to be married ala your average scientist or philosopher. Other than that very few people look for actual intelligence--they look for other normies who have the same interests, dumb ideas and opinions.
>>
Who /smart at academia/ and then /retarded in day to day life/ here?
>>
File: 1442296805648.png (684KB, 848x432px) Image search: [Google]
1442296805648.png
684KB, 848x432px
INTELLIGENCE is valued in a person as long as you do something with it.

Like being charismatic, skilled, funny, etc.

It's character that people, at least young people don't give a fuck about. If you're an ethical person people literally don't care at all.

A human beings worth is measured by it's value by the pound, we're all objects to other people that only demonstrate value and we objectify everyone else.

Fuck everything.
>>
Intelligence is important. As we get older and things that affect us become mote and more important I would certainly want to talk about it. I couldnt handle a girl that couldnt hold a decent conversation on philosophy or modern world problems or even ancient world problems and how we would have handled things. I also hate how dumb people cant handle movies because they are simply too complex and it would piss me off.
>>
>>37170378

There are different types of intelligence friendo

-mathematical/logical (i assume this is the area you beleive you have high intelligence in)
-musical (jimi hendrix could do things with the guitar that you couldn't do with a decade of practice, but he probably wouldnt understand theoretical physics, so is he stupid?)
-spacial/visual (basically the main area the IQ test measures i think since when i took it it was all about stupid fucking boxes and manipulating them in your head)
-linguistic (you can understand something perfectly, but can you explain that easily and concisely to someone who doesn't using the vocabulary you have?)
-SOCIAL/INTERPERSONAL (this is completely different to logcial intelligence, just because you understand maths and computers and theories doesn't mean you will automatically understand social situations)

There are others but I don't really care enough to type them out tbqhwyf.
>>
>>37170401
35 an hour is nowhere near top 1% salary for recent grad.

Google offers 120k annual with bonus and guaranteed promotion. Jane St and Two Sigma offer more.

In fact, I made more than you during my sophomore year internship at Google Brain - offer 49 an hour.

You do just come of as an arrogant prick who probably isn't all the hot shit he thinks he is.
>>
>>37170293
It is. Intelligence among spouses correlates higher than other factors such as height or personality. In other words, you're more likely to marry a smart woman than a dumb one.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22774442
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616301854
>>
>>37173368
No, that's not how it works. Musical intelligence isn't a type of intelligence, linguistic intelligence is called verbal intelligence, and """""""social intelligence""""""" is a bullshit measure conceived to make retards feel better about themselves. You've never taken a real IQ test, have you? It gives you results in four areas:

Verbal Comprehension Index (VCI)
Perceptual Reasoning Index (PRI)
Working Memory Index (WMI)
Processing Speed Index (PSI)

From this, you can calculate FSIQ (Full Scale IQ), or GAI (General Ability Index). FSIQ is the average of all four scores, GAI is the average of verbal intelligence and nonverbal intelligence. If they differ too much, you can't get a result.
>>
>>37173646

So you're telling me that if 100 people picked up a flute for the first time and each spent exactly 200 hours practicing in the exact same way, that all 100 of those people would be at the exact same level of flute playing?

You're basically saying theres no such thing as talent.

Also how is verbal intelligence different from linguistic intelligence you're just calling it a different name.
>>
Intelligence is valuated.

You're just trying to convince yourself that you're smart when you're just average.
>>
>>37170328
>>37173506

What did you people go to uni for? Comp sci?
>>
>>37170470
nah I'm pretty smart
>>
>>37175201
It's so funny to me, when malebots try putting down girls as stupid, when in reality the average girl is smarter than the average guy.
>>
>>37172844
My 'rate yourself 4chan meme pic'. I score a solid 11/10 on intelligence.
>>
>>37173784
the differences in how far they've come after 200 hours would be due to a mixture of how much they enjoy playing the flute, how intelligent they are in general, and whether they've learned an instrument before or have learned skills that are similar and have some transfer
>>
>>37172659
Neither am I, faggot. But if you don't have a solid grasp on the easiest language there is, you're probably not very bright either way.
>>
>>37175352

>how intelligent they are in general

but what if the areas of the brain that deal with musical talent (hand eye coordination maybe, hearing, differentiating between notes and noticing patterns etc) are hyperconnected (higher density of neurons) and other areas of the brain that deal with mathematical intelligence aren't

Youre saying that if you're intelligent then your whole brain will be hyperconnected and you're saying its impossible for just one area to be more connected than the rest which is okay if you think that but to me that is a pretty unlikely idea.
>>
>>37175909
stop blabbering about hypotheticals and cite me a study that supports your claims
>>
>>37176169
lol u sound dumb
>>
>>37176257
but what if i'm not dumb?
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.