[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eating out alone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I don't know if I overcame my social anxiety or if I just flat out don't care anymore, but I have mustered up the strength to go out and eat alone in public, all be it at a lonely truckstop at 2AM. The steak is good. Who else here eats out alone?
>>
>>37166941
I would if I wasn't poor as fuck. Nothing wrong with out eating alone.
>>
>>37166941
Someday when I make my own money I might.
>>
>went alone to bar downtown for nachos last night
>Sat at the bar for a while with a pitcher and nachos to myself
>cute girl ended up next to me at the bar with her friends
>Eventually she started chatting with me, asked my name, chatted with me
>>
>>37166941
I'm anxious/shut-in as fuck, but I'd do it if I had money or a job. But otherwise I dunno how I'd pay for it.
>>
I go to restaurants and cafes alone all the time. It's not a big deal, especially if your appearance is kept. Most servers don't give a shit.
>>
I do this once a week on my day off
>Get dressed up
>Go to food place
>Eat, wander around, do some light shopping
>Occasionally go to movie if something good is on
Every now and then I get people sitting with me. Feels nice when it happens
>>
File: IMG_2206.png (149KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2206.png
149KB, 500x256px
>>37166975
Kachigga my nigga get that bar pussy
>>
I think you meant albeit??

I used to eat alone only during breaks from work but creepy old people talked to me too much and it made me uncomfortable so I started eating in my car like a faggatron
>>
>>37167009
Yeah i meant albeit

But hey, creepy old people can be fun
>>
>>37166941
Popular girl here. Literally no one cares if you eat alone. We're all on different schedules.

Hustle hard and get that food in.
>>
>>37167006
Forgot to mention that she asked me to scooch in for a snapchat pic with her, I (gently) took her phone and took the photo myself with my arm around her

Anyway..
>Her friends keep going on about wanting to dance (this bar had no dance floor)
>She goes out of her way to tell me she's heading out, etc
>Get her number before she leaves
>It's missing a digit

Before you say "dude she was creeped out so she gave you a fake", I didn't impose myself upon her at all.
>>
>>37167071
Just a mistake on her drunken end
Hang out at that bar more and maybe you'll see her again
>>
People here really overthink things. As long as you look vaguely presentable no one will give a shit. Go around a busy area during lunch time and you will see legions of people eating alone.
>>
>>37166941
I've never been able to eat at a restaurant alone that wasn't fast food. I'd just feel too lonely
>>
>>37167158
I'm pathetic enough that I might just do that.

Well, not pathetic. I actually have a treasure trove of my own amateur sex videos that are incredibly sexy but I got dumped recently and I'm so fuckin lonely.

I tried some meme numbers (the last three digits were 234, so I tried putting a 1 infront and I tried putting a 5 at the end, for instance) but no replies. Couldn't find on FB despite knowing her first name (phonetically) and her school, program, and year.
>>
i do anon. i eat alone. there's this place where they make halo2. it's icecream mixed with fruits and stuff. i feel like a chad everytime i eat alone.

inb4 >i feel like a chad everytime i eat alone.
i dont know that's just how i see it.
>>
>>37167243
Try finding her schools Facebook page and see if anyone by her name liked it
>>
>>37167522
You gave me hope and I searched groups involving my school but the pages aren't very popular, couldn't find her in them.

I used an advanced search of different spellings of her name showing only "Goes to [the school we go to]" and found her. What do I do now?!
>>
>>37167522
>Check her "About" to see if phone number there
>Life Events: In a relationship with Chad Thundercock

Fuck, lad. I got the impression she was single because of the way her friend not being single was openly discussed. Chad's profile picture has her in it.

Maybe she did intentionally give a wrong number but just failed to give a wrong number with the right number of digits?
>>
>>37166941
a lot of people early in the morning or really late eat alone at a diner.
>>
>>37166941
>I have mustered up the strength to go out and eat alone in public
If you need to man up to eat out by yourself, you just prove why you are here. Congrats.
>>
>>37167908
Fuck man, maybe they're recently split? Hasn't cared enough about Facebook to change the status? PM her and see.
>>
>>37167958
Im not so sure about that, it might be a little weird to find out she fucked up writing her number in and then I message her on Facebook...
>>
File: IMG_2310.jpg (32KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2310.jpg
32KB, 320x180px
>>37167945
Uhhhh no shit?
>>
I had to eat alone at a Burger King to use their wi-fi the other day

It wasn't as awful as I had always imagined it being, though eating in public is annoying because I'm not the most elegant eater and don't like to be observed while eating.
>>
>>37166941

I live in Los Angeles and most people don't give a rats ass if you are alone. Granted, if you go to a trendy restaurant on a Friday or Saturday night by yourself you might get some people snickering at you. If you sit a bar, chances are you will be invisible.
>>
>>37167986
I go to burger king and eat alone regularly. I love those chicken sandwiches
>>
>>37167986
>most elegant eater
>at a Burger King
My sides.
>>
Good things about eating out alone.
>You can stay as long as you want.
>You don't have to wait an your buddy to finish eating or feel pressured to eat faster.
>It's all your own pace.
>Don't have to worry about paying for anyone else.
>Don't have to worry about owing anyone else.

Bad things
>Once out of over 100 times I got asked "why are you all alone?"
>Felt lonely sometimes,

If you got the money don't let what others think of you stop you from having a good time.
>>
>>37168022
kekeinum
>>
>>37166941
I do it the whole time. Partly 'cause I can claim meals as a tax deduction.
Take a good book. Eat a nice slow meal. Down some drinks. Watch the world go by.

It's the best when you're overseas though, I've had some great times that started eating in a restaurant alone.
>Got a random Chinese-Americlap foisted onto my table (presumably for being the only non-Mandarin speakers in the super busy joint) at eating at some "best in the world'' Beijing duck restaurant. Ended up chatting all through the meal before going out on a tour of Beijing's craft beer dens which somehow ended up downing shots of absinthe during Chinese drinking games with an elderly Chink businessman, three Chinese models, random Asian-Americlap, two French guys, a French girl and a Dutch girl.
>Getting an offer to act in a Bollywood movie
>Comforting / drinking with my depressed Indian waiter after hearing what a disappointment he was to his family and how he wanted so much more out of life than he was getting
>Convincing an Israeli ex-officer chick and a German anarchist chick to join me and some others on a jeep ride through the Himalayas
>Having a deep and meaningful conversation with a Nepali sherpa before having him run off and return with priceless handmade gifts for no apparent reason.
>>
File: 1487948383323.png (163KB, 303x566px) Image search: [Google]
1487948383323.png
163KB, 303x566px
Being alone in public is really not a big deal guys. You do it in private all the time, why do you think it's any different?
>>
I like eating alone sometimes.

Im also a chad so people sometimes stare at me wondering why Im alone, I actually like the attention which is kind of ironic
>>
I'm fine with going to
>cinema
>community events
>the mall
>out in nature
>fast food joints
>concerts
>another country
alone, but I don't think I could do an actual restaurant. It's the main drawback of travelling alone, because I only get stuff from supermarkets, or to take away.
>>
>>37166941
I only eat alone at fast food restaurants, regular restaurants are just a meme for your date
>>37166975
nice I guess
>>
>>37168022
What can I say, I try and hold myself to higher standards than the average pleb

>while eating at burger king
>>
>>37168198
Mate, you are the average pleb.
>>
>>37167059
no popular girl would ever say "popular girl here". fuck outta here
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.