[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are PC gamers so insufferable?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: 1495348640782.png (721KB, 1920x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1495348640782.png
721KB, 1920x1386px
Why are PC gamers so insufferable?
>>
>>37166908
I'm a pc gamer, it's people who take fun seriously so they're not fun.
>>
Holy shit. As accurate as this is, I can't even save it because it's so horrendous. Must not acknowledge.
>>
>>37166908
Why are console gamers so insufferable?
>>
>>37166993
LGBT Anime posters, I'll leave this to you.
>>
>>37166908

what the fuck else are you going to use?

The switch looks cool, but then you miss out on most mainstream games.

The ps4/xbox aren't even cheap once you buy online for them.
>>
>>37166908
I never could read the note Reggie was holding. What does it say?
>>
File: 1492986227846.png (597KB, 477x477px) Image search: [Google]
1492986227846.png
597KB, 477x477px
>Get to sit on a mountain of games both new and old, AAA or Indie
>Can easily pirate games and don't have to wait for some e-store release
>Can emulate ps2 games while ps4 users can't
>Complete freedom on my platform, not restricted to using Steam (and even if I was, it'd still be better than Sony)

I have a ps4, you know what I'm using it for? A stand for my fan, I'm using a fucking optiplex 720 to play my games on.

>b-b-but BLOOD BORNE!!!!!! I can name one exclusive that isn't dog shit!

I'm going to go Tactical Fleet Simulator after my morning walk, then maybe download some games that are still on my backlog.
>>
>>37167025
>muh buy online
>ignore all the discounts and other stuff
They went with the Costco model, you pay the cheap fee then make it back in savings, only autists that build a reddit pc "battlestation" say other wise
>>
>>37166908
>Why are PC gamers so insufferable?
r/pcmasterrace
Everytime you see someone getting autistic about graphics, remember where he comes from
>>
>>37167042
>spend 1500 dollars on a pc
>use it to play old games
Almonds activated
>>
>>37167076
If you stick to 1080p gayman computers are very cheap. It's at the point where there's really no reason for consoles to exist.
>>
>>37167050
>discounts
M8 xbox store/ps store are both unbelieveably overpriced.

The games you get with gold/ps plus are much worse than what gets given out on PC by companies trying to shill their platforms.

The consoles unironically cost more once you factor online on the need to buy a PC enyway eevery 5ish years. I used to have a 360 but got tired of getting jewed absolutely constantly
>>
>>37167090
>muh graphics
>majority of steam users can't run 1080p
>b-but south america
>r/pcmasterrace admits to being on the same brain level as a favela monkey
>>
>>37167117
Good job ignoring my entire post.
>>
>>37167111
>cost more
>the argument that always gets btfo by falling hardware costs
>pc cucks always start saying you can buy parts used but somehow that doesn't apply to consoles
Please show me the best pc you can make for 250 dollars
>>
>>37167117
not him but 1080p 60fps (not highest settings) has been standard on midrange for about 7 years now. It's been standard on everything including shit tier for about a year aswell.
>>
>>37167142
I can't. You can pretty easily explain it like this though

>pc = $500

>ps4/xbox = $250
>5 years online = $300
>shitty PC for normal use every 5 years = $300
>games being more expensive
>>
>>37167141
You didnt make a point, only the same autistic muh graphics that always gets thrown around and when that's pointed out pc cucks always go "b-but graphics don't actually matter" defeating their own argument
There's always a place for a cheap easily accessible pre built, it's the high end custom stuff that's has no place for the majority of consumers as the steam metrics themselves show
Be real, the best things to play on a pc are old console games anyway, be proud of the one real reason to play on pc and admit the "hardcore pc gamer" is a synonym for redditor
>>
File: Capture.png (281KB, 2095x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
281KB, 2095x1920px
>>37167200
I'm a casual but even I know the games people play on consoles are mostly on steam. This was for the ps4, the xbox had slightly more you can't play on PC but both had very few.
>>
>>37167182
>5 years of +
>60 games
>300/60=5 bucks a game
>sales and free dlc on offer
>b-but you can keep buying a shitty pc over and over
You have no money sense at all, if you don't care about the specs you wouldn't need to replace the pc that often since it's clearly not being used for anything that taxing in the first place
PC gaming is literally a reddit tier meme, sorry you got rused
>>
>>37167200
Except I literally didn't say a single thing about graphics. Consoles had a purpose in the past, they were the only reasonable way to play more complicated games. But as the price of building a decent computer drops to match the price of consoles they stop serving a purpose. Companies could just start releasing everything on PC at some point without it eating their profits. Aside from paying to play online of course.
>>
>>37167269
>black fucking niggroids
>buying anything
>ever
Kek, nice one you filthy ape.
>>
>>37167235
>say the best things to play are old console games
>h-heres a totally unrelated chart showing the big releases that get marketed all over get played by lots of people
>>
>>37167280
>1080p
>REEEEEEEEE I wasn't saying anything about graphics
PC cucks irreversibly btfo, go back to r/pcmasterrace
>>
>>37167265
I used to have a 360. The games you get with PC for free are MUCH better than games with gold.

My brother has a ps4 and that's even worse than the xbox was.

Store price wise they're both worse than something like steam.

>ouldn't need to replace the pc that often
kek everyone replaces they're pc every 5 years or less, especially if its toaster tier
>>
>>37167303
>nigger is a violent ape
What a twist, who could have possibly predicted this outcome?
>>
>>37167280
>But as the price of building a decent computer drops to match the price of consoles
Can you show me a pc that matches console specs for 250 dollars? Please include mouse and keyboard in the cost since the console comes with a controller, no need to include monitor though but it should have a hdmi cable, oh and a cheap little ear bud and mic to match the standard bundle
>>
>>37167302
I mentioned 1080p because computers capable of 4k gaming are much more expensive. Have a good day shitposter-kun.
>>
>>37167326
Couldn't play Dark Souls. Too hard. I'm a normie and people told me it wasn't as hard as everyone says, but I have a feeling "everyone" (i.e. normies) were right, only gamers can play that shit.
>>
>>37167280
>Companies could just start releasing everything on PC at some point without it eating their profits
Piracy, don't pretend it isn't what most pc gamers do, and before you bring up the revenue chart remember that 1. Most of that revenue is generated by loot boxes and shit like that and 2. Mobile generates even more revenue for the same reasons
>>
Why are consoleplebs so fucking utterly retarded?
>>
>>37167345
>I mentioned graphics to reference more graphics
*tips fedora* well played r/pcmasterrace, up boated
>>
>>37167348
Dark Souls difficulty has a lot to do with your build and how much margin for error it gives you or how safe it keeps you from taking damage
>>
>>37167421
But as a casual gamers I'm not going to optimise my build, I'll simply pick the weapons and armour which has the best stats and play along.

The problem was that dying basically made the game harder and harder. How can you ever get better when you get so much punishment for making tiny mistakes?
>>
>>37167337
I didn't realize the PS4 dropped in price by that much, I bought mine back when it was still $400. You'd be able to throw something together for $300 if you wait until black friday sales. So the console + one game will get you a computer. Most people only need to buy a cpu, mobo, gpu, and ram because they people have at least one desktop that they could throw it in. Without sales I threw together something for $400 that's better than my computer and I can run mostly everything. gtx 1050 ti, i3 7100, msi b250m, 8gb of ddr4 ram. The whole "you need to upgrade your computer often" thing is a meme. My computer is over five years old and it can run everything that a console can while matching the graphics.
>>37167357
But that assumes that console gamers moving over to PC would pirate as much as current PC gamers. While I'm sure that many would pirate I'd assume that most would as least buy the multiplayer games. But we wouldn't know unless it happened. I wonder what the pirate rates are like on consoles that can run game backups.
>>
>not having a PC and a PS4
Truly the patrician choice
>>
File: BobPage.png (140KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
BobPage.png
140KB, 350x347px
>>37166908
It's not just PC gaming and nintendo that are shit. It is all modern gaming.

I play PC for it's old games.
>>
>I like video games
>not enough to play them in their optimal settings though

Theres no reason for a grown adult with a source of income to be buying the same console 3 times per generation to play sub-par versions of multiplats.

That being said i own a ps4 and a wiiu because im serious enough about gaming that i can buy a console for less than 5 exclusives each platform has.
>>
I don't understand why people get so mad at PC gamers.

Free games and you get every genre available from AAA to new indie games. How can you spin it into something shit?
>>
>>37166908

Who is that purple guy on Marios butt and who is the skeleton supposed to be?
>>
File: 1495008984282.jpg (47KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1495008984282.jpg
47KB, 400x323px
its like people forget that when you build a PC you are not only getting a game console, but you get an entire computer too
why would I even waste money on a console when I need to buy a computer anyway?
>>
Steamtards =/= PC gamers

I love PC gaming but hate steam and its cancerous community
>>
>>37169525
Purple guy is Reggie
skeleton is Satoru Iwata
>>
>>37169525
i think that's a pikmin version of reggie fils-aime and the skeleton is satoru iwata
>>
>>37169525
The "purple guy" is Reggie as a purple pikmin.
Not sure about the skeleton though.
>>
>>37166908
Who tf makes these images

jnsifnfiee
>>
Redpill me on this niggas?
I have the money for a PS4 but preference pc gaming (mouse and keyboard.

Should I buy a PS4 and cheap pc for daily use or spend more money on a gaming pc or an alien aware alpha which covers both?
>>
>>37167706
This, I have a laptop with shitty hd 3000 graphics and it's enough to play half life, it's mods, CS up to source and other older games.

The graphics are too comfy
>>
File: 1495307741613.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1495307741613.gif
1MB, 320x180px
I play on PC but people who spends thousands of dollars and then boast about their specs and how they are above "" console peasants"" are autists. Getting into an argument with one is the funniest shit since they constantly talk about their PC and determine someone's worth by their machine.
>>
i have a pretty good rig but i havent touched it since i got a ps4. after i run out of exclusives i will come back i guess
>>
>>37167280
>HOW DARE A COMPANY RELEASE ITS OWN CONSOLE AND FUND GAMES FOR IT

fuck off you commie cunt. i also got my 4 months old ps4 slim for 200 bucks with a new controller.
>>
File: FEAR.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>37170350
Exactly, why do graphics from this time actually look more appealing than modern graphics
>>
File: 787af7dba5f29c5f9ef40919c56144e4.jpg (488KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
787af7dba5f29c5f9ef40919c56144e4.jpg
488KB, 768x1024px
>>37166908
thank you anon i dont even know when was the last time i laughed.im literally crying
>>
I can't play tf2 and second life on consoles. I have a 3ds though.
>>
>>37170493
second life

I was going to insult you but then I realized it isn't 2008 and I am on r9k.

What do you do on there?
>>
>>37166908
arn't you using a pc to post this?
>>
>>37170568
asexual babyfur age regression
>>
File: 149218753673468.jpg (88KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
149218753673468.jpg
88KB, 1024x1024px
>PS1 on launch is $299
>PS2 on launch is $299
>PS3 on launch is $499/$599
>PS4 on launch is $399 (Plus membership fees ($40 a year)

>Xbox on launch is $299
>Xbox 360 on launch is $299 / $399 (Plus membership fees ($40 a year)
>Xbox One on launch is $499 (Plus membership fees ($40 a year)

Lets say roughly you spend about $2650 on consoles alone over the years, paying 1000 to 1500 isn't bad, considering my PC will probably still be top tier for the next generation without upgrades, other than a possible graphics card upgrade in the next 5 years.

Then there is your other arguement of console exclusives, PC has exclusives, and the games that aren't exclusive have better communities that live on for years (Compare Xbox TF2 with PC TF2 for example), also console exclusives are dying, PC is getting Destiny 2 and the new Halo Wars game, and I like to think all the money will break the cycle.

And I am not going to even mention the 30 - 60fps cap, or worse graphics on console, you haven't lived until you have seen The Witcher 3 with Nvidia hair physics, or nor will I go in to detail about how aiming with a mouse is far superior than Analog sticks, so good Blizzard have made announcements about how it is unfair to use them on consoles
>>
Is a PS4 worth it?
>>
>>37166908
Buying a console is a terrible idea.
>500 dollars for restricted access proprietary PC with no backwards compatibility
>pay to access internet you already pay for
>no monitor or kb+m support
PCs do so much more than consoles you should own one anyway it just makes more sense to game on it instead of buy proprietary anti-consumer retard box.
>>
>>37171515
>buying at launch at MSRP

only plebs do this
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.