[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are we here? What is the point of all of this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: getting ready to fuck my shit up.jpg (261KB, 1400x956px) Image search: [Google]
getting ready to fuck my shit up.jpg
261KB, 1400x956px
Why are we here? What is the point of all of this?
>>
File: beingfrank.jpg (212KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
beingfrank.jpg
212KB, 1280x720px
We're all in a turtle's dream in outer space
>>
Life is a prank that gets played on you, and the punchline is that there is no you.
>>
>>37166858
We are here to create every single unique post 4chan can possibly have and eventually cause the end of all posting on /r9k/.
>>
Life is like a sandbox game you have to make your own point in life
>>
>>37166984

New words get created every so often so I don't think it would be possible to use up all the words.
>>
the chief end of man is to love God and glorify him forever - Westminster confession
>>
>>37167404
Not just words, /r9k/ won't be destroyed until we use every combination of letters.
>>
>>37167487
fsfsfsfsfsfsfs
>>
File: 1494227344117.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494227344117.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
The Universe has a purpose for you, for everyone. You listen to the Universe and live according to its guidance, its subtle markers hidden in synchronicities and unlikely coincidences, following your path until you ultimately arrive at "the point".

Whatever meaning there actually is in existence is to be found solely within individual experience, and the fulfillment of the aforementioned purpose. Nevertheless, collectively, our existence is insignificant and there will come a time, not too far off in the grand scheme of things, when the human condition is nothing.

You can live however you choose, to the extent your fortune at birth and circumstances up till now will allow, but know that there is no more meaningful way of life than destiny.
>>
>>37166858
A huge amount of luck.
>>
you must find the light of meaning in the darkness of mere being
>>
stop eating and meditate in a cave for a year, you'll probably know what to do
>>
>>37168845
>you'll probably know what to do
Stop taking advice from 4chan?
>>
>>37168935
theres pretty good answers in most threads but people just ignore them
>>
>>37168960
Not eating for a year will kill you, regardless of how much fat the average robot has stored. Not helpful advice.
>>
Why do you think life and all that operates around the concept of it has to have meaning? Why can't things just be?
>>
>>37168960
Exactly thids
>>
>>37166858
make schizophrenics shamans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
>>
>>37168983
not if you're a monk that uses about 3 calories a day
>>
One time I went to church and the guy teaching the Bible said that God made us because He was bored. So I guess we're all just like, little playthings for God.
>>
>>37169158
Literally impossible. Even if you don't move, your body naturally burns off anywhere between 1500-2000 calories a day just to sustain its natural processes. Exercise does fuck all when it comes to burning calories, that's why it's so much more important to watch what you eat rather than just try to burn off all the extra calories when you're trying to lose weight. The only exceptions are people like professional athletes who fucking wreck their bodies and gain mass by eating thousands of extra calories every day. That's also why they all get fat when they retire.
>>
>>37169203
Isn't that the same reason we're making AI?
>>
File: 1485221565816.jpg (13KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
1485221565816.jpg
13KB, 200x233px
>>37166858
>Why

Why are you trying to frame the chaotic flux of existence within your mind in a way that you can understand when your mind will never be able to fully comprehend it?
>>
>>37169223
but what intense meditation lets you do is reducing your natural body functions to the bare minimum
>>
>>37169395
I meditate, certainly not to the extent of a monk, and it sure as shit doesn't reduce my bodily functions. Even if a monk could reduce his bodily functions to a bare minimum, it certainly would never drop below 1000 calories a day. Not to mention the fact that monks may be NEET, but there's a lot of hard work one must put into their community in order to sustain it, when living in such conditions. Meaning they wouldn't be able to meditate 24/7 and end up bringing their baseline caloric needs back up to a normal level anyway.
>>
>>37169142
I'm a schizo and I second that motion.
>>
There is no designated point. If you don't have any dream to follow do as much drugs as you can.
>>
>>37169492
the thing is that monks don't actually set out to achieve the highest level of meditation, they actually accept the shitty reincarnation life to guide other people on the right path and uphold the teachings and memories of buddha (in buddhism at least)
>>
>>37169250
Why do you think man is so obsessed with making robots that appear to be human?
>>
>>37170050
I wasn't arguing the purpose or extent of a Buddhist monk's meditation, merely acknowledging the fact that they have human bodies that need a good thousand or so calories on a daily basis just to perform to its minimum capability.
>>
>>37170053
To become God and the devil simultaneously. Creating a new, greater form of life at the expense of our own species becoming inferior and surely put into its death throes.
>>
>>37166945
The first half is correct, and the second bit is very nearly correct, except it's just the opposite!

>>37166984
That's also very close to correct. I'll expand upon this point more below.

>>37169044
Things do just be. Everything simply is. There's no inherent meaning to it, except possibly being in and of itself. Any other meaning is simply extracted out of that.

>>37169203
That's correct. Extra emphasis on the word 'play' though!

>>37169952
Sounds like lots of fun ;3

The point of life (not even life, really, but rather being) is to experience everything. It's pretty likely you've heard this saying before, but I'll repeat it anyway. "You are the universe experiencing itself." That's objectively correct. However, I'd like to take things a step further. In the very beginning, everything in our universe was contained within an extremely small, dense point. Scientists haven't come up with an exact size for it yet, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was actually dimensionless. It was simultaneously everywhere and nowhere. It had no 'size' like we would think of now. Within this point was contained all of the energy within our universe. And, being in that state, it was the purest form of energy in all of existence. Most every religion speaks of God in the same way. He is Light, Love, Logos, the One, Ein Sof, Brahman, God, etc. At first, there was only void. It's likely that God/the energy came afterwards, but there's no conclusive proof either way. Regardless, God was alone. Being infinitely pure was terrible, as there was no change, and thus no time. It was only a still image, which is only an infinitesimal fraction of all of the possibilities of existence, of being. Because of this, God/the energy withdrew its infinite form and then, seemingly paradoxically, expanded outwards. By creating dimensions, the energy limited itself, but it also was able to expand outwards and CHANGE. It was able to experience new forms of being. Cont.
>>
>>37170184
These new forms of being were much preferable to the old lack of change, as evidenced by the constant and unending drive towards change, entropy. This is where that law of thermodynamics comes in. That is why things change in the way that they do. Loving change in the way that it does, this energy wants to experience everything that it possibly can. As God, or the One Being, it is basically its responsibility to do so. Everything within this universe is fundamentally based upon and built with energy, including ourselves. So while we ARE the universe observing itself, we are more correctly energy observing itself and striving towards change, and new experiences. While some of these changes may subjectively feel good or bad to our limited perspectives, on the cosmic scale, it really doesn't matter. Additionally, this allows for Karma to exist. Any harm we do to others, we literally and instantly receive ourselves, since there is no real defining line between any portion of energy. Additionally, there is no real objective line delineating between one's self and the outside world. Think about it. Everything is simply an extremely complex chemica reaction (which is itself an extremely complex physics phenomenon, going down to the quantum level, and whatever is below that, until we reach pure energy). So in hurting others, we hurt ourselves. There is no 'self' or 'other' - well, no. That's not correct. There is ONLY self: energy. The only 'barriers' between one thing and other are subjective. This ties in with the idea of a 'soul' or the 'Atman'. People have known since time immemorial that there is a light of some kind within us. A pure spirit of some kind. This is because we know, deep within ourself, that we are light. And light is energy. Some try to say that the soul, or the Atman, is separate from God, or the Original Light, but this is certainly not the case. It has simply changed form and become countless smaller - cont.
>>
>>37170272
portions of itself. Not only this, but because of the change towards which we, as light energy, infinitely strive, we must eventually reach all possible combinations. Just as you can arrange a series of numbers into a limited number of positions, so too will we eventually reach the end of our task. Personally, I think that something akin to the multiverse theory is correct, wherein every single quantum (or whatever the smallest layer is) happens in every possible way. For insurance, in universe one, all things spin to the left, in universe two, all but one things spin to the left (I don't think spin is the correct term to use here, but I hope that you can grasp what I mean), and so on and so forth. Just like a book exists in its entirety, but the reader only experiences the present moment which he is reading, so too does our (and every other universe) exist outside of time and space, in a swirling whirling sphere of infinite possibilities. The only reason we feel as though we are experiencing the passage of time is because our consciousness has evolved to experience existence in this subjective way. After our 'deaths' the energy, quarks, atoms, molecules, cells, tissues, organs, bodies, families, tribes, communities, cities, states, countries, continents, worlds, solar systems, galaxies, universes, etc. and all of their components don't simply disappear. That's one of the absolute most fundamental principles of reality: energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only change forms. And notice that change is the ONLY thing it can do. It is because changing is fundamental to energy itself. So, really, each and every one of us is simply a small portion of a much greater whole. Though we can only experience a very limited amount of things due to our subjective sensory organs, that doesn't mean there isn't a greater whole within which we are able to experience it ALL. I think we go through each experience, whether as a single photon - cont.
>>
>>37170351
in its journey across the entire universe, being ejected from a star near the beginning of everything and traversing the darkest portion of the universe, not colliding with anything until near the very end of time, or as a human being, which we are experiencing now, or as some animal, or a computer network, or an entire civilization or Planet (a la Gaia), or even the entire universe at once - the experience of God. Hell, we may even reach the point where we are able to experience every single point of the entirety of all of the multiverse, all every single disparate point in time, at once. After this ultimate experience of EVERYTHING, without limit, we will return to the void and experience a complete lack of existence. From there, we will begin anew, and start our wild ride right over again, as one of the smallest fundamental particles, going through the list, experiencing being. The best way to describe it, in my opinion, is that we're just "riding the wave."
>>
File: 1490838191269.png (174KB, 416x396px) Image search: [Google]
1490838191269.png
174KB, 416x396px
It's about internets, animes and vidyas. Don't become too obsessed by this shit, it will make you very depressed.
>>
>>37170184
>>37170272
>>37170351
>>37170396
You're one of the schizophrenics that chimed in earlier, aren't you?
>>
>>37170184
>implying we ever left the singularity
All of this shit we're experiencing is what the "perfect energy" looks like from a perspective of a consciousness that is limited in its perception of time. If time was it's own dimension, we'd be able to perceive everything that has happened or will happen as one solid shape. If you consider "possibilities" as another dimension, it would be a collection of these shapes formed from 3D matter + time, which ultimately forms another single solid shape of everything that could have ever happened. That shape is what the singularity looks like.
>>
>>37170435
Lol when is earlier? I've posted about this before, but not recently.

>>37170619
Sorry if I worded things improperly, but that's mostly what I meant with the whole
>Just like a book exists in its entirety, but the reader only experiences the present moment which he is reading, so too does our (and every other universe) exist outside of time and space, in a swirling whirling sphere of infinite possibilities.
We, as God, are 'currently' (though that word somewhat loses its meaning in this context) experiencing all of everything within /that/ singularity, yes. I 100% believe this. But as humans, we are experiencing our lives differently. Eventually, though, we'll feel everything, be everything, and have knowledge of everything. Oh, that's another point that I forgot to make! Most every religion claims that God is Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and Omniscient. Well, so, too, is energy!! Because everything is energy, then energy must be everywhere. By nature of being everywhere, the energy (God) has knowledge of everything. Additionally, because energy is responsible for all of the 'work' done within the universe, it is responsible for all changes, and all power. Thus, by most religions' own definitions, they freely admit that God is Energy (which is already the same as light - hence 'light energy' - which just so happens to be one of the most common names for God), and since we are made up of energy, we literally are God, QED.

Oh, shit!! That just reminded me of something extremely profound which I experienced during a mushroom trip. Everything is seeking other things, either in order to learn things from the other or else to impart wisdom onto them. One is either the leader or the follower, the teacher or the student, the parent or the child, the 1 or the 0. This is the fundamental drive behind change, and movement, entropy, all of it. It is incredible to be able to be a part of this. We are all immortalized in both existence and nonexistence.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.